Superman(New 52) vs Batman(New 52)

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ElmoHump

Now we have all seen the Batman and Hal Jordan vs Superman scene in Justice League:War. Heck I've even made a review for the movie. Anyway's how well do you think Batman would take Superman on a second encounter after a month of prep.

For those who haven't seen the first encounter:

I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS HAS BEEN MADE BEFORE I DON'T THINK IT HAS.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ElmoHump

Main Idea

Batman goes rouge and Superman plans on stopping him by heading to Gotham City to bring him into justice.Superman tries to convince him but fails.And so they fight it out.

RULES

- Fight takes place at Gotham.

- Gotham City is fully evacuated so there won't be innocent bystanders.

- Morals on for both characters.

- Batman has access to all of his resources and can use contingency plans if he has any in the New 52 that hasn't been used.

- Superman does not get prep as he thinks Batman will not be that much of a problem due to their first encounter.

- Batman is allowed to use lethal force if necessary.

- Superman means to bring Batman in alive.

Battle takes place here:

No Caption Provided
DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well based on the movie he doesnt know that kryptonite is his weakness so id say he would still get beaten

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ElmoHump

@sophia89 said:

@elmohump: you werent banned.i hope you atleast got warned.

anyways to my fellow viners ignore this troll,while this thread looks like a good one that guy is a troll.

..Okay then? Get out of my thread if you're not here to speak on topic.

well based on the movie he doesnt know that kryptonite is his weakness so id say he would still get beaten

Hurm..So Batman really hasn't looked into that yet in the New 52 aye?

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a not plot fight, Superman knows of the kryptonite Batman carries, so heat vision or ice breath ftw..

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a not plot fight, Superman knows of the kryptonite Batman carries, so heat vision or ice breath ftw..

Would Supes really do that with morals on? I mean I know New 52 Superman is bad ass and all but would he really..

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@elmohump said:

@cable_extreme said:

Would Supes really do that with morals on? I mean I know New 52 Superman is bad ass and all but would he really..

Sure why not, he can control the intensity.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ElmoHump

@elmohump said:

@cable_extreme said:

Sure why not, he can control the intensity.

Would that be enough to take him down though? I mean he never really uses his heat vision and ice breath to KO someone in an important fight.

person123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

Batman.

Hw exactly wud batman win

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@elmohump said:

@cable_extreme said:

Utilize heat vision or freeze breathe? He's used it a few times to disarm opponents and he could just do so to Bruce. It's not out of character.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@person123456:

One month prep, knowledge on Supermans abilities.......Clark wont know what hit him.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ElmoHump

@elmohump said:

Utilize heat vision or freeze breathe? He's used it a few times to disarm opponents and he could just do so to Bruce. It's not out of character.

I mean that can't be the only thing Bats has up his sleeve. There's a reason he didn't use kryptonite straight up in the dark knight returns..

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

person123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@person123456:

One month prep, knowledge on Supermans abilities.......Clark wont know what hit him.

U dont really hv anything to back ur comment up.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: sure he would use it, no reason he wouldn't.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ElmoHump

@elmohump: sure he would use it, no reason he wouldn't.

Still would that be enough to take batman down? I mean it's not like that's the only thing he has on his sleeve is it?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for colonialkrypton
Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god,Batgod is defeated and now we must give him 1 month prep after seeing what supes does to him lol.

Oh my gooood

No Caption Provided
ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ElmoHump

I gave him a month or two because of the DC reboot.That would mean Batman hasn't studied into that much about Clark yet.And flag it for all I care I gave a man a month prep to fight a planetary threat.And quit trolling on my thread already, we all know you just really hate Batman.

Oh my god,Batgod is defeated and now we must give him 1 month prep after seeing what supes does to him lol.

Oh my gooood

No Caption Provided

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: how can you hate someone who with enough prep can make you not hate them? come on.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Back to topic please.

Colonialkrypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump: back to topic?

Fine.

How about with morals on,Superman uses his New 52 accurate heat vision to shoot the kryptonite in batmans belt out and chop batman once and ko him,or just freeze the lower part of batmans body? or chops batman before he pulls the kryptonite out.

Morals off?
Throws planet on to earth,Uses rapid fire heat vision and melts batman,Punches earth and breaks it in half,throws it out of orbit? rips batmans arms off via superspeed blitz.

No prep will save batman from someone who can do anything before he even has a chance to move.

OlafTheSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I think Superman would still win. I mean, Batman said in Justice League: War that he has indeed researched Superman and that his power levels are beyond anything he has ever seen. However, there was never any nod to kryptonite at all. So it is possible that Batman may be able to dig up the fact that Superman's weakness is kryptonite, but there is still the problem of obtaining it in the first place. I feel that the determinant of the winner really rests on whether or not Batman has obtained the kryptonite or not.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ElmoHump

@olafthesnowman said:

Honestly, I think Superman would still win. I mean, Batman said in Justice League: War that he has indeed researched Superman and that his power levels are beyond anything he has ever seen. However, there was never any nod to kryptonite at all. So it is possible that Batman may be able to dig up the fact that Superman's weakness is kryptonite, but there is still the problem of obtaining it in the first place. I feel that the determinant of the winner really rests on whether or not Batman has obtained the kryptonite or not.

Batman would be prepping for 2 months. I highly doubt he would miss that detail.

@batmanfanboy said:

@elmohump:

back to topic?

Fine.

How about with morals on,Superman uses his New 52 accurate heat vision to shoot the kryptonite in batmans belt out and chop batman once and ko him,or just freeze the lower part of batmans body? or chops batman before he pulls the kryptonite out.

Morals off?

Throws planet on to earth,Uses rapid fire heat vision and melts batman,Punches earth and breaks it in half,throws it out of orbit? rips batmans arms off via superspeed blitz.

No prep will save batman from someone who can do anything before he even has a chance to move.

Yeah now I'm wondering why Supes has never actually done that in their fights before.

person123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@experio said:

@person123456: Great comeback.

Waht y dont u proof of what Batman could actually do to superman

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 months is more than enough for batman to put down a morals on superman...

All he needs to do is trick superman into running into a form of kryptonite contraption, rest will follow...

A lot of people seem to care more about what superman would do to batman as if batman is rather passive in this scenario.

I have heard arguments such as:

• Superman will heat vision the kryptonite off batman.
  • Superman will freeze breath the kryptonite on batman.

Now, the thing you should keep in consideration here is that kryptonite isn't the only thing batman has got that would be useful against superman.

Batman is a brilliant tactician and his wits will help him out a lot on this battle. IMO there is no denying batman can out-wit superman in 2 months prep, especially when it is morals on and superman can't retort to cheap moves such as throwing the earth to the sun and all...

Within the two months, batman will be familiar with what superman is capable off... He would know that he is facing someone with ranged attacks such as heat vision, and super physicals and super speed. Batman obviously wouldn't just put the kryptonite in his belt and walk up to superman trying to punch him. If he would have done that, he would get zapped by the heat vision before superman's in the range of the kryptonites effect.

At this point, the wits are starting to matter.

I believe that in two months, batman will come up with a plan to grant him certain victory. In other words, with the included timespan for preparation, batman would get the drop on superman.

By getting the drop on superman, I basically mean batman tricking or luring superman into a scenario where he is affected by the kryptonite without getting the chance to hurt batman. It is not an easy job, even for batman, one can argue.. But I believe 2 months is enough for batman assuming his resources and strategic mastermind will give him an edge.

People seem to think batman wouldn't take superman's abilities in account during prep time... And that is quite wrong, he uses prep as much as defines as much as offence..

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Superguy1591

Superman. N52 Superman isn't afraid of a fight and Kryptonite doesn't have as damning an effect on him as it did in the pre-52 universe.

Take Geoff Johns' Justice League where Superman feels sick, but he's still strong enough to be Superman. And that level of poisoning was the worst form of poisoning I've ever seen done to him.

Next...

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digitalshooter9: Nice argument, but it doesn't hold water if Superman knows about the fight. This scenario only holds water if Superman just unknowingly walks into a trap. If the fight is anything like TDKR's fight where they make an upfront declaration on each other, nothing else matters.

People underestimate his speed, all he really needs to do is get in close and grab Batman by the neck. Even if Batman has K on him after that, Superman's still got his super strength and nothing Batman could do would be able to get Supes to release that grip.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heat vision

no replies or quotes from you or I will derail with memes

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DigitalShooter9

@superguy1591 said:

@digitalshooter9: Nice argument, but it doesn't hold water if Superman knows about the fight. This scenario only holds water if Superman just unknowingly walks into a trap. If the fight is anything like TDKR's fight where they make an upfront declaration on each other, nothing else matters.

People underestimate his speed, all he really needs to do is get in close and grab Batman by the neck. Even if Batman has K on him after that, Superman's still got his super strength and nothing Batman could do would be able to get Supes to release that grip.

Well, I'd have more faith in batman's wits.... Even if superman knows he is in a fight, it is batman who is setting him up.. All superman can do is be cautious.(as fas as I can think). And I believe that even superman's level being cautious won't help when batman has 2 months to prepare his approach... Also, as far as I know, superman doesn't have his speed or strength when he is under kryptonite.. he should be vulnerable when exposed to it...

EDIT: You have mentioned TDKR, and precisely speaking, that story is a perfect example of how batman, using his prep time and wit's can beat a morals on superman... Batman clearly won in TDKR

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

/Thread

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Strongarm
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

/Thread

No Caption Provided

Somehow knew this was gonna come to this.....

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Spiderman1997

@batmanfanboy said:

@elmohump:

back to topic?

Fine.

Morals off?

Throws planet on to earth,Uses rapid fire heat vision and melts batman,Punches earth and breaks it in half,throws it out of orbit?rips batmans arms off via superspeed blitz.

FATALITY!!!

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys might actually may be underestimating bats..

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elmohump said:

You guys might actually may be underestimating bats..

Or you might actually be overestimating Bats..

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Superguy1591

@digitalshooter9: Different writers have different effects for kryptonite, but Superman has shown an ability to power through and use super-speed/strength.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scenario 1 : Superman blitzes Batman 10 times over before he does anything.

Scenario 2 : Superman goes through Batman.

Even if Batman gets to use kryptonite I've never seen Superman getting paralyzed by a tiny piece of it outside of tremendously bad writing and a crapton of PIS.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

In all seriousness Batman has a damn good shot at tacking Superman out, with this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Superman couldn't control his powers and was a sickly green color I wouldn't exactly say kryptonite doesn't affect him...

And some of the batman/superman fights were a draw or got interrupted

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:
No Caption Provided

In all seriousness Batman has a damn good shot at tacking Superman out, with this.

Right, he sneaks up on Superman with a karate chop to the back of the neck and Superman promptly backhands him through a wall, or Superman just flies around to scan the area while Batman plods around in his suit.

The effectiveness of Kryptonite seems to be overstated a lot. Kryptonite makes Superman weaker, but a weakened Superman is still many times more superhuman than Batman. Superman also has a lot more and better ranged options he can utilize to make any Kryptonite Batman is carrying on him a joke.

DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole said:

@patrat18 said:
No Caption Provided

Right, he sneaks up on Superman with a karate chop to the back of the neck and Superman promptly backhands him through a wall, or Superman just flies around to scan the area while Batman plods around in his suit.

The effectiveness of Kryptonite seems to be overstated a lot. Kryptonite makes Superman weaker, but a weakened Superman is still many times more superhuman than Batman. Superman also has a lot more and better ranged options he can utilize to make any Kryptonite Batman is carrying on him a joke.

The effect of kryptonite is way understated by a lot of superman fans... N52 is hilarious in that aspect however...

And why would batman karate chop superman if he actually manages to sneak up behind him? Least he could do is attack with kryptonite if he could actually be invisible to superman. You were talking about ranged options..

The invisibility, if works, should be a usable counter.

Not to mention there are a lot of ways batman can keep superman from using his ranged attacks.

Take hallucinogens or fear toxin as an example..

Superman has been affected by them before, it would alter his brain making him more vulnerable to a kryptonite attack by batman (especially if he can use that invisibility suit). It would also be easier to trick superman if he was on hallucinogens. Batman uses the fear toxin on a lot of occasions... He used them to scare aquaman from water, it's effects on superman shouldn't be a whole less..

Sonics are also usable against superman...

What i am getting at here is that, most of the people here seem to create scenarios for superman showing what he is capable of. i.e.: "Superman uses heat vision" or "Superman wins by Freeze Breath".

But Batman's prep is being underrated here... If you were to actually think about what he could do, you could create very versatile scenarios...

Not only superman has many options in a battle...

I mean think outside of the box a little.....

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By patrat18

@vmole said:

@patrat18 said:
No Caption Provided

The amount of trolling here is ridiculous.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

so i can help wrap the thread,this is how it ends(batman had prep)(superman wasnt going for the kill)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

this fight wasnt canon,but its how this fight will end.

the scans are from injustice gods among us.

RIP ollie.

That's it.