#6 Posted by Prince Nuada (15 posts) - - Show Bio

nvm, hes from the Jsa.

So you mean the current new atom?

#7 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/captain-atom/29-2050/
this one
wasn't he on the jla?

#8 Posted by King Saturn (223789 posts) - - Show Bio
Hmm...good battle. I think Captain Atom and Firestorm has a shot to win here.... but Martian Manhunter wont go down easy... and I dont know how well Captain Atom and Firestorm handles Telepathy
#9 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards MM and SM

#10 Posted by King Saturn (223789 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Leaning towards MM and SM
"
I can see that. But the problem is Firestorm is a Matter Manipulator... Firestorm could create some Kryptonite and take Superman out of the Fight...
#11 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and so Is Captain Atom

#12 Posted by King Saturn (223789 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Oh and so Is Captain Atom
"
That Is Correct
#13 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

But superman once stated that MM alone could take the whole justige league (and that was when CA was in their) eh?

#14 Posted by King Saturn (223789 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"But superman once stated that MM alone could take the whole justige league (and that was when CA was in their) eh?
"
Thats what I was thinking at first. But this is basically a 2 vs 1 against Two Powerful Matter Mainpulators... I dont know if Martian Manhunter can beat them both like this
#15 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"
CA isn't a matter manipulator but he can produce any kind of radiation if I'm correct so he could beat Supes. Now as for MM I don't think that he can beat them alone I believe that team 2 should win in most cases
#16 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Supes can sure make a pounding lol

#17 Posted by King Saturn (223789 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarlet Thor said:
"Voidheart said:
"
CA isn't a matter manipulator but he can produce any kind of radiation if I'm correct so he could beat Supes. Now as for MM I don't think that he can beat them alone I believe that team 2 should win in most cases
"
Uh...yeah he is. Captain Atom is a Matter Transmutator. Captain Atom was able to create a Solar System with his powers...
#18 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Voidheart said:
"
"
Uh...yeah he is. Captain Atom is a Matter Transmutator. Captain Atom was able to create a Solar System with his powers..."
Really? from what I've red of him he was able to produce radiation. If he can create a solar system then he has power enough to win this alone
#19 Posted by King Saturn (223789 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah. He did it a while back in a Comic... Captain Atom has insane power
#20 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Really? from what I've red of him he was able to produce radiation. If he can create a solar system then he has power enough to win this alone."

Check this link. The proof is here. Just scroll down until you see scans of Captain Atom making a universe...

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/silver-surfer-and-spawn-vs-black-adam-and-captain-atom/25738/?page=last#reply_form"
Wow. well if that wasn't just bad writing, because i haven't seen him before displaying such degrees of power, then he is at Spectre's level and the thread has no point.
By the way I always thought Firestorm more powerful than Atom....
#22 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

it just shows his potential he doesnt know how he did it.

Cap Atom and Firestorm should win this but there not smart enough or experianced enough to take Supes and MM they would just outsmart them

#23 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarlet Thor said:
"Wow. well if that wasn't just bad writing, because i haven't seen him before displaying such degrees of power, "
That's not bad writing. And, there's nothing that implies that it is. Besides, that's the first time he's done that. He did it again as Monarch.
#24 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom and Firestorm

#25 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"Wow. well if that wasn't just bad writing, because i haven't seen him before displaying such degrees of power, "
That's not bad writing. And, there's nothing that implies that it is. Besides, that's the first time he's done that. He did it again as Monarch.
"
didn't he get an upgrade when he was monarch?
#26 Posted by Triumphant (2316 posts) - - Show Bio

2nd team wins

#27 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarlet Thor said:
"didn't he get an upgrade when he was monarch?"

He got an upgrade in his willpower, increasing the control, scope, and overall power level of his abilities. The original Captain Atom making a universe implies his unlimited potential based on the Quantum Field, which is linked to Quantum Theory. The man in those scans, Rasputin (I think that's his name), is explaining to Atom that he has no limits. I don't think any of this is bad writing, anyway you put it... And that fact that he's a lot more powerful as Monarch puts him closer to (or at) that unlimited potential.
#28 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"didn't he get an upgrade when he was monarch?"

He got an upgrade in his willpower, increasing the control, scope, and overall power level of his abilities. The original Captain Atom making a universe implies his unlimited potential based on the Quantum Field, which is linked to Quantum Theory. The man in those scans, Rasputin (I think that's his name), is explaining to Atom that he has no limits. I don't think any of this is bad writing, anyway you put it... And that fact that he's a lot more powerful as Monarch puts him closer to (or at) that unlimited potential."
I haven't red that issue. When I said bad writing I meant that he was nowhere that powerful in the JLA books I've red. I didn't know it was just some tutoring about his potential.
#29 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 gets my vote.

#30 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarlet Thor said:
"I haven't red that issue. When I said bad writing I meant that he was nowhere that powerful in the JLA books I've red. I didn't know it was just some tutoring about his potential.
"

He's the same Captain Atom from the JLA (actually, the JLE, JLI, and Super Buddies). The only time I'd say he was a bit depowered/different was when he was in Armageddon (in the Wildstorm universe). But, anyway Captain Atom, Firestorm, Superman, and Martian Manhunter are on in the same tier (Tier 14). But, with Captain Atom's potential on the rise, he's bumped up to Tier 5, above the others.
#31 Posted by Scarlet Thor (1112 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"Scarlet Thor said:
"I haven't red that issue. When I said bad writing I meant that he was nowhere that powerful in the JLA books I've red. I didn't know it was just some tutoring about his potential.
"

He's the same Captain Atom from the JLA (actually, the JLE, JLI, and Super Buddies). The only time I'd say he was a bit depowered/different was when he was in Armageddon (in the Wildstorm universe). But, anyway Captain Atom, Firestorm, Superman, and Martian Manhunter are on in the same tier (Tier 14). But, with Captain Atom's potential on the rise, he's bumped up to Tier 5, above the others."
Can you please give me a limk to the power tiers?

#32 Edited by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

This is basically a quick draw

The Winner - Superman, his heat vision can create fire to own Martain Manhunter, its true he can be owned by Manhunter or some kryptonite attack but because Superman is faster he can launch his attack quicker than any of the other 3, Atom and Firestorm will also be beat long before they land a strike on Superman
As a character I don't like Superdickery but looking at his power set I can't see him losing this one

Runner Up - Manhunter, just enough speed to keep him ahead of the boys that could own him with atomic fire, plus he is far stronger and can always throw a telepathic attack

Lose -  Atom, a great power and can throw out huge atomic attacks but he's not enough speed or durability to play with the big league

The Greatest Loser - Firestorm

#33 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"  This is basically a quick draw  The Winner - Superman, his heat vision can create fire to own Martain Manhunter, its true he can be owned by Manhunter or some kryptonite attack but because Superman is faster he can launch his attack quicker than any of the other 3, Atom and Firestorm will also be beat long before they land a strike on Superman As a character I don't like Superdickery but looking at his power set I can't see him losing this one Runner Up - Manhunter, just enough speed to keep him ahead of the boys that could own him with atomic fire, plus he is far stronger and can always throw a telepathic attack Lose -  Atom, a great power and can throw out huge atomic attacks but he's not enough speed or durability to play with the big league The Greatest Loser - Firestorm "
It's a team battle.... LOL. Supes and MM vs. Cap and Firestorm.
#34 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Silly me, team 1 stomp 

Too much speed