Superman (Man of steel) vs Thor (The avengers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ninjas4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rules

Thor has all of he powers that he used in his movies and his hammer. Superman has all of his powers that he used in Man of steel. It is a random encounter and they both think that the other is a threat to the civilians in the area and they are willing to do whatever it takes to stop each other.

The fight takes place here

No Caption Provided

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Man Of Steel. Every Damn Day!

mostly, because he showed no weakness to magic in that movie and never took any real damage from heavier hits than what thor took in his movies and what hurt. Also, he is certainly a lot faster than Thor. Like I lot faster. Everything Supports The Man of Steel having a major advantage in speed and Strength.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, this battle has never been done before.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman solo's the avengers. What chance does just Thor have?

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I will say Superman until i watch Thor performance for his next movie, that way, im pretty sure i will see what Thor is capable of and if he is a match for movie supes

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

S**T!!! I WAS GONNA MAKE THIS!!!

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I think Superman should have this. He's shown better speed feats than I remember from Thor.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman ftw

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So many newbies hopping on the movie thread bandwagon recently. Considering Man of Steel solos most of the Marvel characters to have ever been in a movie combined, this is a repeat stomp/spite thread.

No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Bezza

If this is Thor from the Avengers, then I go with Superman, because I thought Thor was pretty weak in that film, when he punched Hulk he barely staggered him, he was getting trashed by Hulk, struggled with Iron Man and then Loki stabbed him and gave him a hard time. However, if this was Thor from his own movie, the Thor that trashed countless frost giants, downed the destroyer and killed that enormous monster in yodenheim (think that's spelt wrong), I wouldn't like to call it!!

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Thor hasn't displayed strength to be considered on par with Superman.

mattdimo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins. He is stronger and faster than Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so you should all know this, Thor wasn't really trying to hurt Hulk when he fought with him. He was just trying to put him down. And when Loki stabbed Thor, Thor only got caught off guard. Same thing with Thor vs Iron man scene. Iron Man was only catching Thor off guard. In my opinion, this is definitely not a stomp. This is a stalemate.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SheenLantern

@ultimatehero0406 said:

S**T!!! I WAS GONNA MAKE THIS!!!

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do realise this Battle has been done at least a dozen times since Man Of Steel came out..

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far from what i've seen from thor and avengers,Movie thor is a joke(i really don't think they depict his power well),waiting for the dark world to see more showings but from what i've seen from MOS, Superman Stomps!!!

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

mostly, because he showed no weakness to magic in that movie and never took any real damage from heavier hits than what thor took in his movies and what hurt. Also, he is certainly a lot faster than Thor. Like I lot faster. Everything Supports The Man of Steel having a major advantage in speed and Strength.

Because there was NO magic in the movie.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bossmonster

@batman242: Does that change something about what I said or the reality of the situation. Regardless of reason, it was not shown there for can't be assumed. Simple as that. There are a ton of other reason he would beat thors face in, however what I mentioned were just the two biggest reasons.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#18 JediXMan  Moderator

In my opinion, this is definitely not a stomp. This is a stalemate.

It's not. It's a stomp.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Does that change something about what I said or the reality of the situation. Regardless of reason, it was not shown there for can't be assumed. Simple as that. There are a ton of other reason he would beat thors face in, however what I mentioned were just the two biggest reasons.

I wonder if you realize that your assumption is just as good as mine. There is no magic to say whether or not he's weak it. BUT since this still is the guy we know that's vulnerable to magic, the argument that he IS vulnerable to it is better than he's not until proven otherwise. I'm not arguing that Thor would win, I'm arguing that he is most likely vulnerable to magic just like his comic counterpart.

Your argument is like saying someone can't drown because of the absence of water in a movie.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Sorry if this is a bit off topic, what's your opinion on MoS speed of thought? Same as comics, or same as human 'until proven otherwise'?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: Sorry if this is a bit off topic, what's your opinion on MoS speed of thought? Same as comics, or same as human 'until proven otherwise'?

It's basically the same as human's until proven otherwise. I'd say it's slightly above a human's since he can fly at super speeds and react fast enough to it all.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OptimusPalm

@batman242: So why is that different to your views on his weakness to magic?

Supes is vulnerable to magic in the comics, so you say MoS is vulnerable until proven otherwise.

Supes has super speed of thought in the comics, but you say MoS has to prove this.

Why doesn't he have to prove he's vulnerable to magic?

MoS showed no vulnerability to magic, because the story didn't call for it. MoS showed no speed of thought, because the story didn't call for it. But you say he IS vulnerable to magic, but DOESN'T have super thought speed. Any reason why?

Cybrilious4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has only displayed class 10 ton strength alone without the hammer.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmonster said:

I wonder if you realize that yourassumptionis just as good as mine. There is no magic to say whether or not he's weak it. BUT since this still is the guy we know that's vulnerable to magic, the argument that he IS vulnerable to it is better than he's not until proven otherwise. I'm not arguing that Thor would win, I'm arguing that he is most likely vulnerable to magic just like his comic counterpart.

Your argument is like saying someone can't drown because of the absence of water in a movie.

See, that's just stupid. And it's stuff like that just pisses me off about this site. The amount of people that will sit at their computer and then tell another person what they are doing when the contrary is written and saved.

We're in gods name did I "assume" that magic won't hurt him. What i said clearly, is that he didn't show a weakness to it. For whatever the reason. It was not shown. You wen't on to say some junk about "this being a guy that we know is blah blah blah." We don't know anything. You're basing that off the comics. As far as I know, Superman has never been weakened by his home planets atmosphere in the comics. If I'm wrong correct me. In the comics, he didn't snap zods neck on their first encounter. Again, if I'm wrong correct me. As far as I remember, Lois Lane did not discover Supermans secret identity prior to him even starting his work at the daily planet nor was his outfit something that was left for him by his father. My point is, the writers changed several things about the character. Even Iconic things like his "weaknesses" Thus, it actually stands more to reason that one should not assume superman will be weak or immune to anything until shown. Which is why I said clearly he didn't show a weakness to it. We don't know if he's going to still be weak to it. If he is not, Thor will be beaten to the ground without the slightest offense. If he is weak to Magic, than its a different story. But the point is, it wasn't shown, so we don't know.

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: I don't know if this site allows for rep points, but I would give them to you right now if I could.

There is such a bias. While it's possible that you don't share my view in that User is completely bias, you're question is perfect to expose such.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

This has already been done before.