Superman/Lex Luthor vs Thor/Iron Man

• 78 results
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@redlantern2814: We just saw Lex's suits hold up to Mazahs' punches, but you want limit Lex to a "Superman-Buster"?

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@superguy1591 I was making a joke; please attempt to be less of an overly sensitive fanboy. Besides seeing as how easily Superman, Mazahs, and Ultraman neutralize his armor; I wouldn't really dignify it by calling it a buster.

The truth of the matter is that Lex survives because he can drag out his fights; until his allies intervene for him. Left to his own devises her gets manhandled by a weakened Superman.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton Thor has been able to keep up with Hyperion, Gladiator, Surfer, etc. in fights; all characters I think you would agree fight at heightened speeds. He has even been able to tag Quicksilver. However, I may have missed the scan of Thor being defenseless against a speed blitzing opponent and I would love to see it

While it's true that Thor has been able to tag fast opponents in fights, it's also true that he has had trouble with characters much slower than Superman like Wolverine, Darevevil, and Mongoose.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor even claims that Wolverine is faster than he is, and that Daredevil's reflexes "defy understanding".

And this is what Marvel editor Tom Brevoort had to say on the matter:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Like I said, Thor can fly fast because of his hammer, but his combat speed is not that impressive.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@willpayton: So here we have Thor, while getting speedblitzed/fighting speedsters able to tag them with relative ease; even putting them on their asses. In the Quicksilver case he even boasted about defeating faster fighters.

So it would seem that the Marvel editor is rather ignorant or perhaps he merely focused on areas where Thor was holding back against heroes and/or villains he didn't take seriously.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By willpayton

@redlantern2814 said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@willpayton: So here we have Thor, while getting speedblitzed/fighting speedsters able to tag them with relative ease; even putting them on their asses. In the Quicksilver case he even boasted about defeating faster fighters.

So it would seem that the Marvel editor is rather ignorant or perhaps he merely focused on areas where Thor was holding back against heroes and/or villains he didn't take seriously.

None of those scans show any particular speed from Thor.

1st scan: Thor gets speed-blitzed. He only hits Hyperion after the blitz when presumably Hyperion slows down. If anything this is bad for Thor because it's him getting blitzed instead of him actually showing any speed.

2nd scan: Thor getting manhandled by a speeding Gladiator. Again, this only shows how slow he is compared to Gladiator.

3rd scan: Finally Thor lands some hits, but again he doesnt show any actual speed.

4th scan: Another bad scan for Thor. He cant hit Quicksilver even with lightning bolts, so he has to do an area-effect attack by slamming his hammer on the ground which then knocks QS off his feet. Apparently Thor is really good at hitting non-moving objects... like the ground, but not so much anyone who's actively trying to avoid him.

The scans you posted only support what I said above. Yes, Thor can hit people who are faster, but it's not because of his speed... it's because they inevitably slow down for plot reasons or maybe because they just got tired of blitzing him. Superman also gets hit by slower people all the time. So does Flash. It's because of PIS, which doesnt apply to CV fights since we assume that each person fights at their best.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 the_red_viper  Moderator

@redlantern2814: Thor has some feats of good combat speed but much more consistently his speed is at best street level. He won't even be able to see Superman.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Thor doesn't have to show speed; merely that he can react against being speed blitzed.

1) Thor is getting speed blitzed and smacks Hyperion away; which is what would happen to Superman.

2) Thor is getting speed blitzed by Gladiator; who Thor smacks around and then defeats; which is what would happen to Superman.

3) Thor hits a speedster; which is exactly what would happen to Superman when he is going super fast.

Your issue here is that you cannot stand the fact that Thor can fight super fast characters who can speed blitz him; regardless of him doing it regularly.

So in order to help you understand how Thor would react to a speeding Superman I will use a DC scan so that your brain can process the information.

Simply imagine that Superman in the image is Thor and the speeding Flash is Superman.

No Caption Provided

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper His feats are generally street leveler because he holds back immensely when fighting fragile people. It's the same reason why people like Batman/Luthor can hit Superman when in reality he could murder them before they know what's happening.

Avatar image for theaterofdreams
theaterofdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luthor solos

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theaterofdreams: So Luthor, alone with no prep, can take on two of the toughest Marvel heroes?

Can you tell me when Luthor got so many dedicated fanboys because I am genuinely shocked.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 the_red_viper  Moderator

@redlantern2814: yes because Wolverine is so very fragile.

He admitted that Logan is faster and that Daredevil's reflexes are beyond understanding. He's slow as hell and any feat that shows otherwise is PIS/WIS. It has been proved too many times to count by more people than I can count. And personally I find Tom Brevoot slightly more legit than you are, pardon me saying this.

Thor won't be able to see Superman. It'll be over before he can utter a word.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper You do realize that the more logical answer is that Wolverine and Daredevil being faster than Thor; is actually the PIS correct? Quicksilver has punked Wolverine and Spider-Man has been able to understand Daredevil's speed.

So Thor, who can roll up on Hyperion/Gladiator/Surfer/Sentry/etc, is going to be hit so fast and so hard by Superman; that he wouldn't even utter a word?

And that my friend is why you fanboys fail. Though at least you aren't as silly as the guy who says Luthor solo's but I suspect that may be because he beat you to the punch

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 the_red_viper  Moderator

@redlantern2814: please stop. Like I said, it was established too many times that Thor is SLOW. And was confirmed by an editor from Marvel. Is he a Superman fanboy too or are you the Thor (and Iron Man) fanboy?

I'd say the latter.

For the record Spider-Man is leagues faster than Daredevil. Faster than Thor too.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern2814: You're hopeless. You actually think that Thor hitting the ground with his hammer actually shows some kind of speed feat? That it makes him faster than Quicksilver? You're delusional.

I already showed evidence including direct quotes from a Marvel editor and scans showing Thor admitting that he's slow. You've shown nothing except scans of PIS-induced slowness on the part of people fighting Thor, which is what happens all the time in comics because character dont always go at full speed. Hitting a fast character doesnt make you fast. If it was then Deathstroke would be faster than Flash. Having feats that clearly show reaction speed is what makes you fast.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the debate in this thread team 1 for now, though I don't know if we're counting post convergence for Luthor since it hasn't done anything yet.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper It has not been confirmed. He was not trying to out match Wolverine and Daredevil. If I showed you scans of Superman being tagged by Batman, Luthor, Green Lantern, etc. Would you determine that Superman must be slow too? No, he simply did not deem them as threats big enough to warrant his full attention.

Secondly, I would simply say he was wrong. If writers can be wrong, which results in them writing PIS, then editors can equally be wrong.

Lastly, you missed the point entirely. Spider-Man's speed is not beyond understanding; yet he has outpaced Daredevil which means that Thor was joking when he described Daredevil's speed. Note from his fight with Peatro he talked about fighting Faster speedsters.

PanthersRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team marvel takes it because ironman with superior armor will drain luthor and destroy him and thor can hold off superman until tony comes with the kryptonite he just absorbed and help Thor win

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I am merely pointing out that Thor can hit speedsters; which is all that is required to deal with speed blitzing.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: I am merely pointing out that Thor can hit speedsters; which is all that is required to deal with speed blitzing.

No it's not. Like I said, lots of people have hit speedsters in the comics. Much slower people have tagged Flash. Much slower people have tagged Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Gladiator, etc, etc. It's because often those characters are not fighting at top speed, or because of PIS, or whatever.

None of the scans above show any special speed from Thor. Certainly hitting the ground shows nothing except that he couldnt hit Quicksilver... and Superman is much faster than Quicksilver. Thor can hit the ground all he likes... it will do nothing to Superman.

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: The way I see the scans is that Thor takes a hit to give a hit. Thor has shown more then once he can react to speedsters. I'm actually in agreement with Red Lantern that Thor and Stark probably take majority. Thor has AoE attacks and Clark doesn't tend to stay in blitzmode anyhow.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another who thinks Thor is fast...

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 the_red_viper  Moderator

@redlantern2814: When in the New 52 has Superman been hit by anyone slower? And just FYI, Green Lantern is faster than Supes. And no, PIS are not mistakes, it's stupidity in the story that is required for the sake of the plot. Writers' mistakes are WIS. Thor isn't half as fast as Superman. when Thor tags people like Flash and Hal consistently then you can say that. But the people he has tagged aren't as fast and those instances are everything but consistent. He's way more often showcased as slow. You can argue that he's fast all you want, but consistency disagrees with you.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Iron Man win.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

may go either way

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Superman solos.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By never give up

Another who thinks Thor is fast...

Slowdinson lol

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL at this thread.

Kal speed blitzes Thor then rips Iron Man's lame armor apart and breaks his head while Lex Luthor prepares a lemonade for Kal.

Theanalyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of those scans show any particular speed from Thor.

1st scan: Thor gets speed-blitzed. He only hits Hyperion after the blitz when presumably Hyperion slows down. If anything this is bad for Thor because it's him getting blitzed instead of him actually showing any speed.

2nd scan: Thor getting manhandled by a speeding Gladiator. Again, this only shows how slow he is compared to Gladiator.

3rd scan: Finally Thor lands some hits, but again he doesnt show any actual speed.

4th scan: Another bad scan for Thor. He cant hit Quicksilver even with lightning bolts, so he has to do an area-effect attack by slamming his hammer on the ground which then knocks QS off his feet. Apparently Thor is really good at hitting non-moving objects... like the ground, but not so much anyone who's actively trying to avoid him.

The scans you posted only support what I said above. Yes, Thor can hit people who are faster, but it's not because of his speed... it's because they inevitably slow down for plot reasons or maybe because they just got tired of blitzing him. Superman also gets hit by slower people all the time. So does Flash. It's because of PIS, which doesnt apply to CV fights since we assume that each person fights at their best.

Wouldn't the attacker have to slow down to actually fight the slower opponent? Speed blitzing thor won't really make much of a difference and its not like he can't have some counter attack for those