#1 Posted by Super_Perfect_Cell (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, as seen in the comic book series Kingdom Come

vs

Black Adam, from current DC comics

Both are at 100% and will do anything to win the fight. They are fighting to the death on Earth, and they start on Manhattan island. They know all the obvious things they would about each other; names, powers, MO's, etc.

Opinions?

#2 Posted by terry2012 (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

I never read Kingdom come.

#3 Posted by Super_Perfect_Cell (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

You should, its a great comic.

#4 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come supes is far, FAR more powerful than current Supes who can go toe to toe with Black Adam, KC Supes wins.

#5 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Adam doesn't have any feats.

Superman wins easily.

#6 Posted by terry2012 (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_Perfect_Cell: Ok. Do you have scans of it.

#7 Posted by terry2012 (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: Do you have scans of this Kingdom come comic.

#8 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

I don't have any available at the moment, am at work >.>

but i'm sure if you google you can find some, it's a great comic. =D

#9 Posted by terry2012 (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: Oh Ok

#10 Posted by KraytRawk (628 posts) - - Show Bio

KC supes stomps

#11 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

KC Supes definitely wins.

He has resistance to magic, unlike regular Supes.

#12 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

KC Superman isn't as vulnerable to magic as his Main Earth version. He's also about 1.5-2x's as powerful so he should win this.

#13 Posted by JediXMan (29688 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

Not really. He accidentally cut himself on Wonder Woman's sword and was still hurt by Captain Marvel.

#14 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Not really. He accidentally cut himself on Wonder Woman's sword and was still hurt by Captain Marvel.

Didn't he show resistance when he was on New Earth?

#15 Posted by Super_Perfect_Cell (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

@Super_Perfect_Cell: Ok. Do you have scans of it.

Sadly no but like @Jayfournines said:

@terry2012 said:

but i'm sure if you google you can find some, it's a great comic. =D

#16 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Super_Perfect_Cell: This is off topic but, how are you a level 8 with only 12 posts...?

#17 Posted by Killemall (18326 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77 said:

@Super_Perfect_Cell: This is off topic but, how are you a level 8 with only 12 posts...?

Level doesnt depend on post, it depends on how many quest you complete. While KingSaturn has the significantly most post, CitizenBane and Morphius_ have higher level. This wasnt directed to me but hope this helps.

#18 Posted by Killemall (18326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

Kingdom Come supes is far, FAR more powerful than current Supes who can go toe to toe with Black Adam, KC Supes wins.

Any reason why you believe this? I know Kingdom Come tried to portray Superman as being more powerful, same as in All Star Superman, but what makes you think he's "far far more powerful"??

#19 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Jayfournines said:

Any reason why you believe this? I know Kingdom Come tried to portray Superman as being more powerful, same as in All Star Superman, but what makes you think he's "far far more powerful"??

He's older, his powers grow exponentially with sun exposure, many more years under the sun than current supes. Future Supes>Current Supes

#20 Posted by JediXMan (29688 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@JediXMan said:

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't know. I haven't read JSA: Thy Kingdom Come yet. I've just read Kingdom Come.

#21 Posted by Killemall (18326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

He's older, his powers grow exponentially with sun exposure, many more years under the sun than current supes. Future Supes>Current Supes

He's older yes, but so was the Superman from Earth 2 who appeared during Infinite Crisis and he wasnt far far stronger than normal Superman what makes you think Kingdom Come Superman would be? He doesnt have feat to prove he is far far stronger, i do however admit that Kingdome Superman is stronger, the problem i am having is with people claiming 10X superman or terms like "far far stronger" without anything to back it up.

#22 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@JediXMan said:

@blackadamFTW said:

I don't know. I haven't read JSA: Thy Kingdom Come yet. I've just read Kingdom Come.

I think he punched Gog's magical lighting stuff right back at him.

#23 Posted by manofiron (26 posts) - - Show Bio

"Strength - Earth 22 Superman's Strength level is higher than Current Superman's Strength level, he was shown to be superior to Current Superman when he withstood Hercules attack. Earth 22's Superman's powers come from the yellow sun, after a decade of absorbing Yellow Sunlight, Kingdom Come Superman became one of the most powerful versions of Superman. He was shown to be far superior than Current Superman, though he did struggle with the Captain Marvel of his Universe." This is off his page on this site.

#24 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Jayfournines said:

He's older yes, but so was the Superman from Earth 2 who appeared during Infinite Crisis and he wasnt far far stronger than normal Superman what makes you think Kingdom Come Superman would be? He doesnt have feat to prove he is far far stronger, i do however admit that Kingdome Superman is stronger, the problem i am having is with people claiming 10X superman or terms like "far far stronger" without anything to back it up.

Well, if i'm not mistaken KC is canon...or will be...or something like that (if it is not, I apologize). And teenage Superman was drastically less powerful than current, mid-30s Superman, said levels of powers were obtained with, let's say...15-20 years of sun exposure from teen to adult. Now, KC Superman is in his 60s? 50s maybe? Which means at least 20 more years of sun exposure. I understand your point, but Superman's powers have always been portrayed as increasing as he ages and gets more yellow sun radiation.

I honestly don't know if he is 5, 10, or 20 times more powerful, but logic dictates that he would be stronger than his current incarnation.

#25 Posted by Killemall (18326 posts) - - Show Bio

@manofiron said:

"Strength - Earth 22 Superman's Strength level is higher than Current Superman's Strength level, he was shown to be superior to Current Superman when he withstood Hercules attack. Earth 22's Superman's powers come from the yellow sun, after a decade of absorbing Yellow Sunlight, Kingdom Come Superman became one of the most powerful versions of Superman. He was shown to be far superior than Current Superman, though he did struggle with the Captain Marvel of his Universe." This is off his page on this site.

Firstly you are getting this from wiki which hold little weight (no disrespect intended apologies if it sounded that way). Second Current Superman did not know he was going to get punch while KC Superman knew so and braced against it. While Superman when he has braced for attacked has withstood punches from Doomsday without getting tossed around so i dont think that really tells us how KC Superman was meant to be far far stronger. He is older, that much is true, and was depicted to be more powerful but then Superman who appeared post crisis 1985 vs Superman before flashpoint 2010, the same logic would say 2010 Superman should be stronger right? Thats clearly not the case. So i dont see a reason why people believe KC Superman is "far far stronger".

@Jayfournines said:

Well, if i'm not mistaken KC is canon...or will be...or something like that (if it is not, I apologize). And teenage Superman was drastically less powerful than current, mid-30s Superman, said levels of powers were obtained with, let's say...15-20 years of sun exposure from teen to adult. Now, KC Superman is in his 60s? 50s maybe? Which means at least 20 more years of sun exposure. I understand your point, but Superman's powers have always been portrayed as increasing as he ages and gets more yellow sun radiation.

I honestly don't know if he is 5, 10, or 20 times more powerful, but logic dictates that he would be stronger than his current incarnation.

LOL no need to apologise man, and Kingdome Come isnt cannon, its just a reflection of what MIGHT be in the future rather than what would be.

While logic dictated he is stronger than Current Superman i have seen nothing that would suggest he's significantly stronger. Superman's cell are already saturated by sun exposure anyways, the same reason why while he is under the blue sun he gets boost temporarily but the charge doesnt last with him long enough, why would yellow sun be any different (well scientifically speaking yellow, red and blue suns have similar radiation while one makes him stronger other takes away their powers, dont know why that would make sense but it does in comics).

#26 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think KC Superman is more than twice as strong as Pre-FP/New Earth Superman. The Hrecules feat is blown way out of proportion and had more to due with weakness exploitation than brute strength for comparison.

#27 Edited by YoggSaron (812 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingdom Come Superman does win, but he is not as superior to New Earth Superman as some would claim.

#28 Posted by Goku1fan (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012 said:

Me either

YOLO

#29 Posted by DrinkUrPruneJuice77 (1598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

Level doesnt depend on post, it depends on how many quest you complete. While KingSaturn has the significantly most post, CitizenBane and Morphius_ have higher level. This wasnt directed to me but hope this helps.

what are quests?

#30 Posted by terry2012 (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goku1fan: Ok

#31 Posted by JediXMan (29688 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

what are quests?

Click the "Quests" tab in your profile.

#32 Posted by terry2012 (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

@DrinkUrPruneJuice77: Quest are to how much do you know you comics.

#33 Posted by terry2012 (4813 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall:Do you have scans of this. KC superman

#34 Posted by gonjasufi (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember someone in the KC mentioning that kyrptonite doesnt have much effect on him anymore. That doesnt really say anything about his raw power, but it is indicative that he's advanced a great deal beyond current supes.

#35 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

virtually any version of superman wins

#36 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

KC Superman easily.

#37 Posted by MemphisPro (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman destroys black Adam,if you read KC,you'd realize the only thing holding him back was.. Himself.. That's it. Any form of superman would destroy black Adam.. Superman is way overpowered.