Superman (Christopher Reeves) vs Superman (Brandon Routh)?

• 69 results
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jasraj
There from different time periods, I think, Christopher reeves superman was able to rewind time, but brandons superman was able to lift a continent, i'm not sure who wins, who does win?
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Technically, aren't they the same character? Wasn't Superman Returns like 5 years after Superman 2 or something? 
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nightwing91
@jasraj: Weren't they in essence the same character..... I mean returns is supposed to be set after superman 2....soooo Routh would logically be stronger due to him going into space with yellow sunlight.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nightwing91
@Jake Fury: They are the same character they ignore 3 and 4 and returns is set 5 years after 2 where he's been in space all that time.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@nightwing91:
That's what I thought. Been awhile since I've seen it.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jasraj
Returns is a future version I guess, but do we have proof he has superior feats to reeves?
DrTyrannical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By DrTyrannical
@nightwing91 said:
" @Jake Fury: They are the same character they ignore 3 and 4 and returns is set 5 years after 2 where he's been in space all that time. "
This.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nightwing91
@jasraj: Well I mean there the same character, but Rouths superman spent 5 years in space, that would mean he would have to have spent at least a close proximity to a sun or he would die. He's a solar battery, he would be sucking up more solar energy in space then on earth, making him stronger.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jasraj
Who do you think will win, though?
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nightwing91
@jasraj: Well Routh, since he's absorbed more solar rays by that point he'd be stronger. Same character remember.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jasraj
Who would win out of George reeves superman or rouths?
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nightwing91
@jasraj: george reeves i beleive was based on the late golden age supes if I remember right, so Routh. He never did anything on that show that equaled to lifting a continent.
Avatar image for cyberdynesystems
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By CyberdyneSystems

George Reeve's was from the 1950's Superman T.V. Series and yes he was based off of the late Golden Age Superman.

Christopher Reeve's Superman was based off of the Powerful Silver Age Superman displaying feats such as Altering Time and Space to bring Lois Lane back to life, lifting great objects such as the moon with great ease, Christopher Reeve's Superman is by far the best and most powerful out of all the on screen Supermen. Christopher Reeve Wins and quite easily lol.

Brandon Routh even though from horrible writing and plot is supposed to be the same Supes as Reeve's however there was a great lack of feats displayed from Rouths Superman, from what Routh displayed his Supermans power level is on Current Supes standards perhaps maybe a little more powerful if that.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nightwing91
@CyberdyneSystems: He lifted the continent while he was stabbed with kryptonite so thats not a fair assumption.
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@nightwing91:  actually it is because Christopher Reeve's Superman had more encounters with Kryptonite, he was exposed to it in the first film, then in the 3rd film he was blasted by a huge Kryptonite energy beam and Christopher Reeve's was under that ray for quite some time lol plus they introduced a Kryptonite that turned Christopher Reeve Superman Evil and Christopher Reeve Supes overcame it by channeling his good essence into a pure form, that is something Rouths Superman has never done.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jasraj
But routh has been absorbing sun light for 5 more years after superman 2, technically he should be more powerful, because he has absorbed that much, but he hasn't proven it
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nightwing91
@CyberdyneSystems: Those are non cannon remember.... Superman returns superceded them writing them out of the movie continuity.
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@nightwing91:  Classics In My Opinion are never Non-Canon, and it was the horrible writers who destroyed a true Classic which was the Christopher Reeve Superman Films. 

Sorry man but writers today and even some directors have no logic or original ideas they only make remakes of classics which turn out to be terrible. Thus destroying the Original Classics.

When i think of Superman Returns it makes my stomach sick.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nightwing91
@CyberdyneSystems: That may be but the fact it happened it superseded those 2 films. They never happened..
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jasraj

The first 2 superman films were brilliant, other 3, not so much, lol, but christopher nolans work on batman is brilliant, easily surpasses tim burtons batmans films, anyway, I hope this superman reboot is good, and they get a better superman actor than routh, it won't be tom welling, I just know
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@nightwing91:  Well i will never discount the Classic Christopher Reeve Superman Saga just because some crack head writers see fit to destroy it. And the feats displayed by Christopher Reeve Superman still happened Regardless, horrible writers can never change that even if they claim and speculate that its no longer apart of the series lol. True Classics actually were never meant to be tampered with and everyone knows that.

@jasraj: Im sure if Nolan did good with Bats then he will have something special for Supes, and i hope they do pick someone that at least has a Christopher Reeves look to him plus great acting skills to play Superman, because i know Routh and Welling just don't cut it lol
Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#22  Edited By Dracade102

Reeves Wins.  
It Took Him two Seconds to Stop a Plane From Crashing, 
It Took Routh an Entire Scene and a Ruined Baseball Game to Stop another Plane From Crashing. 

Reeves Fought Three Space Criminals, Himself, And a Bizarro Rip-off. 
Routh Got Prison Stabbed By Lex Luthor. 

'Nuff Said.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nightwing91
@CyberdyneSystems: Isn't nolan only assisting in the writing process?
DrTyrannical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DrTyrannical
@Dracade102 said:
"

Reeves Wins.  
It Took Him two Seconds to Stop a Plane From Crashing, 
It Took Routh an Entire Scene and a Ruined Baseball Game to Stop another Plane From Crashing. 

Reeves Fought Three Space Criminals, Himself, And a Bizarro Rip-off. 
Routh Got Prison Stabbed By Lex Luthor. 

'Nuff Said.

"
lol. Mind you the prison stabbing was with a kryptonite knife on an island composed of more kryptonite,.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nightwing91
@Dracade102: Technically the bizarro fight didn't happen 3 and 4 were replaced by returns
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@nightwing91:  From what i heard Nolan is Directing this new Superman Reboot Movie which will be very interesting to see when completed.

@Dracade102: Exactly my Friend i couldn't have said it better myself.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nightwing91
@CyberdyneSystems: Zack snyder is directing it..... not nolan.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jasraj
Nolan could make a magical superman movie, well not magic superman won't like that, lol, he will make an awsome superman movie!
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jasraj
Mmh, routh should be more powerful but it took him quite a while to land a crashing plane, whilst reeves easily did it, may go to reeves, better superman and has proven to have better feats
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@nightwing91:  Interesting indeed, well i hope it turns out to be a good movie lol... And i don't count Superman Returns to be apart of the Classic Christopher Reeve Superman Films, its just completely disrespectful to the Original Classics and nothing more.

Technically the Bizarro fight along with everything that happened in the Classic Films still happened, poor plotting and writing is no excuse to erase Original Classics.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jasraj
The first 2 chris reeves superman films were classics I'm not sure about 3 and 4
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@jasraj:  All of the Christopher Reeves Superman Movies were Classics its just the first two movies were better then the last two, but they are all still Classics none the less.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jasraj
I guess lol, what was your faviourte superman movie?, mine was 2 :)
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@jasraj:  Gosh its hard to say, i own all of them and love them all greatly for what they are being a true Classic and all lol 

I liked the first Movie because it told a great story and had an excellent plot along with showing Superman altering time and space as he did in the Silver Age.

I liked the second movie because of the great plot and story behind it and also introducing General Zod, Ursa and Non which were great characters and made for a great battle with Superman, this movie also tested Superman's abilities in a 3 on 1 fight.

I liked the third movie because it had Richard Pryor and i also liked the concept of that Machine which can find anyones weakness, Superman also fought against an evil version of himself and was able to overcome the evil by transferring his good essence into a pure form which is something that is Silver Age like lol, Superman also got blasted by a giant Kryptonite energy beam which he was under for quite some time showing us his Resilience to Kryptonite.

Iiked the fourth film because it brought back lex and had a twist to the story, and i also like how they added a new powerful villain in Nuclear Man who is an advanced clone of Superman with enhanced powers.
Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@CyberdyneSystems said:
" @jasraj:  All of the Christopher Reeves Superman Movies were Classics its just the first two movies were better then the last two, but they are all still Classics none the less. "

I agree. 

Reeves ftw...
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jasraj
Christopher reeves was the best, tim daly being 2nd or George reeves
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By PowerHerc

Same character, but I prefer the way Christopher Reeve portrayed and looked in the role.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By Mercy_

This has been done before, I'm positive. 

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JThree47693

They are the same character, which means Routh has the same feats as Reeves, plus lifting an entire continent that had kryptonite in it.
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reeves is Godzilla, Routh is Japan!!!!!

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By difficlus

Reeve curbstorms by feats alone...

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ssejllenrad
@difficlus said:
" Reeve curbstorms by feats alone... "
This 

Sorry for bumping this thread and not letting it die... It's Superman vs Superman. I had to post... I can't resist it.. :D
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By difficlus
@ssejllenrad said:
" @difficlus said:
" Reeve curbstorms by feats alone... "
This  Sorry for bumping this thread and not letting it die... It's Superman vs Superman. I had to post... I can't resist it.. :D "
lol its understandable...
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CyberdyneSystems

Christopher Reeve is the one and only Superman and the powers and abilities displayed by Christopher Reeve Supes is some what similar to Silver Age Superman.

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By speedlgt

i have agree that they are the same character. if you want feats though you have to give it routh his superman lifted a an entire land mass made of K juice!!! which in superman 1 and 2 a rock of k juice messed up superman pretty bad.

MrRagePants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MrRagePants
@CyberdyneSystems said:
" George Reeve's was from the 1950's Superman T.V. Series and yes he was based off of the late Golden Age Superman.  Christopher Reeve's Superman was based off of the Powerful Silver Age Superman displaying feats such as Altering Time and Space to bring Lois Lane back to life, lifting great objects such as the moon with great ease, Christopher Reeve's Superman is by far the best and most powerful out of all the on screen Supermen. Christopher Reeve Wins and quite easily lol.  Brandon Routh even though from horrible writing and plot is supposed to be the same Supes as Reeve's however there was a great lack of feats displayed from Rouths Superman, from what Routh displayed his Supermans power level is on Current Supes standards perhaps maybe a little more powerful if that. "
This + ONLY the REEVES can pull being Superman. Routh is like George Clooney being Batman...
Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reeves's Superman was more powerful
Seem more based on SA Supes
Where as Routh's was more current

CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CyberdyneSystems

@MrRagePants said:

" @CyberdyneSystems said:

" George Reeve's was from the 1950's Superman T.V. Series and yes he was based off of the late Golden Age Superman.  Christopher Reeve's Superman was based off of the Powerful Silver Age Superman displaying feats such as Altering Time and Space to bring Lois Lane back to life, lifting great objects such as the moon with great ease, Christopher Reeve's Superman is by far the best and most powerful out of all the on screen Supermen. Christopher Reeve Wins and quite easily lol.  Brandon Routh even though from horrible writing and plot is supposed to be the same Supes as Reeve's however there was a great lack of feats displayed from Rouths Superman, from what Routh displayed his Supermans power level is on Current Supes standards perhaps maybe a little more powerful if that. "

This + ONLY the REEVES can pull being Superman. Routh is like George Clooney being Batman... "
@StrongestOneThereIs: 
@MrRagePants:  

I totally Agree with you guys both.
theiconic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By theiconic

reeves wins  hes superman  routh is good, but it was poor writting and story flow that ruined routh superman......reeves  exibited way more powers   and that  telekenetic stuff he did  was cool   and if u remember the fortress of solotude in superman 2  he  had like illusion power, could toss his S shield as a weapon....he could teleport......reeves all the way

goken114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By goken114

reeves win this his movies were based off silver age superman and he is also a better actor, and his movie is more cannon according to the feats he does