Superman (Christopher Reeves) vs Superman (Brandon Routh)?

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By jasraj
There from different time periods, I think, Christopher reeves superman was able to rewind time, but brandons superman was able to lift a continent, i'm not sure who wins, who does win?
Avatar image for cyberdynesystems
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CyberdyneSystems

Well i am an expert on this plus i own all the Films lol.

Christopher Reeve's Superman is by far the more Powerful out of the Movie Supermen, Christopher Reeve's Superman displayed feats remarkably similar to the Silver Age Superman in the Comics, in fact Christopher Reeve's Superman was actually based off of SA Supes. Christopher Reeve also looks alot more like Superman then Brandon Routh does, Reeve's is also a better actor and brings more powerful emotions to the role of Superman. And out of every person that has ever played Superman on screen no one even comes close to Christopher Reeve's Superman.

Here are Scans and Footage to show the remarkable similarity of Silver Age Superman & Christopher Reeve's Superman. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Looks Familiar lol

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Looks Familiar lol

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Looks Familiar lol
                     With this you can obviously tell that Christopher Reeve's Superman was the closest thing to a Silver Age Superman in the Films.

Brandon Routh's Superman is more on the level of Current Superman maybe a little more powerful, but Brandon Routh's Superman never accomplished the great feats of power that Reeve's Superman did, also Routh doesn't look much like a Superman, he looks to be more like a Superboy, and Routh's acting was ok but nothing compared to Reeve's performance. And the new Superman Uniform looks like Meteor Mans lol you can tell that they added muscle pads in the costume to make Routh look a little bigger then he actually is, however Reeve's needed no muscle pads because Reeve's was a naturally big man standing at 6'4" and weighing 225 and had a more robust look & build then Routh.  

No Caption Provided

Christopher Reeve Superman Wins Easily... There will never be another person in the history of mankind that looks and can play Superman the way Christopher Reeve did. I think people saw that after the Superman Returns film which is why there haven't been any sequels since then. 

R.I.P
                                                                                                                      Christopher Reeve

No Caption Provided
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By nightwing91
@CyberdyneSystems: Yeah you do know there the same character.... they elimanted superman 3 and 4.. so after superman 2 he spends 5 years in space. He didn't show the feats cause the movie was crappy...
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jasraj
Uh, I found out that Christopher reeves and brandon routh are the same Superman, brandon routh is based 5 years after superman 2
uknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uknow

superman movies are shit
batman movies are the shit

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nightwing91
@uknow: Well you know what, one day there going to get it right!
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jasraj
Uknow, what the hell ate you on about?!, this is a battle not an opinion thread, superman movies are good, and the dark knight is brilliant, stay on topic please
uknow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uknow
@nightwing91: don't understand how they make batman movies very very good and superman and others DC or marvel movies lame
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NightFang3

I like them both the same.

CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@nightwing91:  Yea i know, and that is why i don't count Superman Returns to be apart of  Christopher Reeve's Superman Films even though crappy writers and directors made it that way which is actually a slap in the face to the Classic Reeve Films. To me Superman Returns was just an off beat movie, it had no real acting, no true emotions, crappy plot and just plain terrible lol, people saw that after the Superman Returns film which is why there haven't been any sequels since then. There will also never be another true Superman in Films like Christopher Reeve. If anything i see them coming out with a Superboy movie which they will probably cast either Tom Welling or Brandon Routh to be Superboy lol.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jasraj
The Dark Knight is brilliant
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nightwing91
@uknow: Supermans just such a high powered character and everyone only wants action now.

@CyberdyneSystems: There trying to get the "man of steel" going so no superboy movie,but unfortuantely since they made it it's cannon for that  movie universe rouths, and reeve superman are one in the same.

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jasraj
There are loads of good superhero movies out there, what the hell are you on about uknow?
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@nightwing91:  I guess that's what happens when they want to destroy a true Classic Master Piece which was the Christopher Reeve Superman Saga. Its a shame... Sigh.

@uknow: Hold on buddy, the Classic Christopher Reeve Superman Movies were Brilliant and well done and had great story, acting, plots and a far better director Richard Donner. The new Superman Returns Movie plus the Man of Steel sequel if they even end up making it Sucks Donkey Ass and has horrible acting, story, plots and a second rate Director in Bryan Singer lol.

@jasraj: Batman is awesome, but the best Batman Films were Batman & Batman Returns with Michael Keaton and the New Batman Films with Christian Bale, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin Sucked Terribly, Val Kilmer made me laugh and George Clooney looked retarded in the Bat Suit lol.

Michael Keaton and Christian Bale are the greatest Batmans of all time.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nightwing91
@CyberdyneSystems: The man of steel isn't going to be a sequel its going to be a complete reboot, zack snyder is directing not bryan singer.
And the greatest batman of all time is kevin conroy.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By MrDirector786

Christopher Reeves Superman reversed time and moved the moon. I'm going with him. Also, I think this might have been done already.

jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jasraj
I say The Dark Knight and Batman Begins are both better than tim burtons movies, TDK being the best of all the batman movies, and batman begins being 2nd best, and I agree wiv u, tim burton batman movies were good aswell, and I definently agree wiv u that val Kilmer and George clooney sucked
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@nightwing91:  Well i hope they at least try to keep some Original aspects to this new reboot Superman Movie, but no matter how many new Superman Movies they make no one will ever be close to Christopher Reeve.

Wasn't Kevin Conroy on the Batman 1950's T.V Series? i remember that and he did play a great Batman for the time period.

OK these are the best Batmen in My Opinion now that you mention it lol

Kevin Conroy, Michael Keaton & Christian Bale. The thing i notice though is that its easy to always find a new guy to play Batman but its extremely difficult to find a guy to play Superman, sure there is these new guys like Brandon Routh and Tom Welling but they don't have the same element or emotion or look that Christopher Reeve's had, its almost like Reeve's was destined to be a Real Life Superman, if you look at Superman from past comics to the comics of today, you will see that Christopher Reeve looks like Superman from head to toe lol, which is creepy in some ways because Superman was created long before Reeve's was born.
nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nightwing91
@CyberdyneSystems: Conroy was the voice for batman TAS, he was the perfect batman voice. And no your thinking of the 60's batman series with adam west.This new one does sounds promising as long as they don't make lex the only bad guy, it should do well.
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@nightwing91:  Yea i am at least hoping for a New Villain in the new Superman Film, im hoping for Darkseid because he has never appeared in a Superman Film yet.

Oops i got the names twisted with the Bats lol
 I remember the Animated Series and it was cool i always toon into the episodes when ever they came on. And i agree that Kevin Conroy has a Brilliant Batman Voice, but as for the on screen Batman's i would say West, Keaton and Bale there. And the best Joker animated is Mark Hamill but on screen Heath Ledger no doubt, Jack Nicholson did well as the Joker but i liked Ledgers approach much better.
jasraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jasraj

Christopher Nolan is produing the superman reboot, apparently
CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@jasraj:  Christopher Nolan directed Batman TDK? if so i think he will be a great director for the new Superman film, if he made Bats look good then im sure he has something cool in store for Supes... Thank God lol
Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Routh is to Superman what george Clooney to Batman.
Worst Superman Ever!!!
Reeves is the only real Superman

CyberdyneSystems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CyberdyneSystems
@DeathpooltheT1000:  Agreed 1000%
Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hoboseid

Reeve would destroy Brandon Rotten, while blind folded with just his baby finger

Sgtcrispy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sgtcrispy
@CyberdyneSystems said:

@jasraj: Batman is awesome, but the best Batman Films were Batman & Batman Returns with Michael Keaton and the New Batman Films with Christian Bale, Batman Forever and Batman and Robin Sucked Terribly, Val Kilmer made me laugh and George Clooney looked retarded in the Bat Suit lol.  Michael Keaton and Christian Bale are the greatest Batmans of all time. "
God no, Keaton was just an okay Batman. He's regarded higher because everybody thought he'd be awful. Christian Bale Isn't amazing, but at least he's the first Batman to play a person. 
Dumbseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dumbseid

@jasraj said:

Uh, I found out that Christopher reeves and brandon routh are the same Superman

no they are not, Donner/Reeve rocks and Routh was just fcking shit

supercharger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By supercharger

christopher reeves and brandon routh both played the same character in the movies. they're the same superman pretty much. now comic superman vs movie superman would of been a better thread. ( it would make more sense. ) I'd still say the movie superman was the most over powered.more over powered than the comic version or the cartoon version.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Spartan101

@CyberdyneSystems: so true!!!!! great job reeves wins 100%