#51 Edited by Cgoodness (10966 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki will need prep to be useful.....team 1

#52 Posted by Experio (18208 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: Going Intangible was an idea of Mikep12, I wasn't so sure which is why I ask if Clark ever used the tactic. Apparently not.

#53 Posted by Bones309 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki will need prep to be useful.....team 1

Why would he need prep? I read this a lot with Loki and don't get it. He has centures of magic training and combat. It's not like he's Reed Richards and needs to build a device or something.

#54 Edited by Cgoodness (10966 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: he has the magic 2 take take down Supes no doubt, just doesn't the the physical attributes to give him the opportunity, yes he can go intangible but if he doesn't do that he will probably get one shotted. His best speed feat to my knowledge is a statement saying he's faster than the human mind, however in a fight with FTLs with nanosecond combat feats it's very iffy he will last that long. It would take scheming for team 2 to win.

#55 Posted by Bones309 (1210 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: he has the magic 2 take take down Supes no doubt, just doesn't the the physical attributes to give him the opportunity, yes he can go intangible but if he doesn't do that he will probably get one shotted. His best speed feat to my knowledge is a statement saying he's faster than the human mind, however in a fight with FTLs with nanosecond combat feats it's very iffy he will last that long. It would take scheming for team 2 to win.

Well we are not given too much info on this fight. Their speed is a major factor but as you've pointed out Loki does have some defenses. If he comes into this with any type of shielding, illusion, etc. up, he can attack in ways they can't out run. Really he could teleport away from the get go and likely attack from a distance they can't reach.

#56 Edited by TheComicPro (305 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this fight ending in two ways.

scenario 1. Thor throws Mjolnir at 2 times the speed of light at superman's face K.O then loki teleports behind Wonder Woman stabbing he in the back.

scenario 2. Loki turns them both into pigs and they take them home to feast in Valhalla

#57 Posted by Cgoodness (10966 posts) - - Show Bio

@bones309: yes but in a random encounter its iffy if he would have the time to do any of that. Loki is used to scheming and trickery to win which is limited in a random encounter like this.

#58 Posted by TheComicPro (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: True but he could see the ongoing fight between Thor, Superman and Wonder Woman and develop a quick plan to take them out. But it's a BIG MAYBE

#59 Posted by reikai (5424 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki has also turned himself invisible and intangible with magic before. So he can evade everything. And Thor can hurl Mjolnir far, far beyond Lightspeed. One good hit could drop this Supes right off the bat.

#60 Posted by Cgoodness (10966 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomicpro: he has done that before, but the odds are highly against that though

#61 Edited by reikai (5424 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: As much as he'd like to, Loki wouldn't leave Thor to contend 2v1. He could put Diana in a magic barrier or bound in magic bindings to restrain her while Thor takes on Supes and comes up with a strategy, unless he realizes he doesn't need it here and can just zap them.

#62 Posted by Cgoodness (10966 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: ya that could happen, if Thor takes on both WW and Supes leaving Loki to do his thing then ya that could work, however if WW or Supes goes after him then it's very unlikely.

#63 Posted by reikai (5424 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: Though as I've said, Loki can make himself invisible and intangible with magic. Meaning neither Supes nor Diana could go after him, even if they were able to.

#64 Edited by Experio (18208 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving it to the brothers as a final decision.

New 52 Superman has the strength and speed but lacks durability the same way Thor lacks combat speed to contend, but because Thor is superior in power, durability and has Mjolnir at hand (which can make up for speed loss), I'll give him the victory over Clark while Loki should very well handle Wonder Woman without plot getting in the way.

The match-up would be better if the DC characters were changed to Post-crisis.

#65 Posted by darkcomicmaster (269 posts) - - Show Bio

frst dont really recall sayng ether of

@darkcomicmaster: You have no idea what your talking about. Show me a feat from both n52 Superman and Wonder Woman which prove they are faster than lightning(thor's speed).

first i dont really recall saying either of them are faster than thor so i think it is you who clearly does not now what he/she s on about and there is proof that superman is FTL the scans are already above but ww there is no proof yet but we can at least say she has superior fighting skills and could probably beat Thor by herself

#66 Posted by Cgoodness (10966 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: good point, so I think we all agree that it comes down to the possibility of Loki being able to troll team 1 lol

#67 Posted by reikai (5424 posts) - - Show Bio

@cgoodness: He could troll them, or transmute them into fish and throw'em on a grill. Loki's pretty damn tough. He takes shots from Thor and from the Thor Corps. He's also tangled with the Surfer before. He's even survived decapitation. With magic he's even pushed Strange to his limits.

Loki is actually pretty damn powerful. Most think he's weak because he always loses to Thor. Mainly due to plot, but also because Thor knows to keep his guard up around Loki's and get ways around Loki's magic. Clear advantage when you've grown up with him.

#68 Posted by Cgoodness (10966 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Posted by eternityx (2934 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Loki's pretty damn powerful and underrated

#70 Posted by TheComicPro (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: I agree he is really underrated. I think he will give Supes a run for his money

#71 Posted by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Edited by TheComicPro (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: Godblast to the face X( enough said

#73 Posted by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Edited by TheComicPro (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: No just No Superman and Wonder Woman stand no chance and you know that so why keep saying void statments

#75 Posted by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomicpro: Superman is faster than light hes not just going to sit there and get hit and some of WW tools make her immune to magic she fought magic users on multiple occasions like Circe. Superman is stronger and faster than Thor and could easily swoop in at the speed of light and kill Loki with one punch, Why bother making a thread if you no this person will win your basically calling this spite your own thread

#76 Posted by AzorAhai (165 posts) - - Show Bio

If you barred speed blitz, then Loki & Thor. If you give Loki prep, then its game over. Otherwise, Supes and Diana take this.

#77 Posted by reikai (5424 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: @azorahai: Loki dodges Mjolnir Throws, which can reach millions of times FTL. Supes ain't blitzing nobody.

#78 Posted by AzorAhai (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: I know. Let's say each team doesn't know each others abilities. Plus, Loki always plays around with Thor. Him dodging Mjolnir is to be expected when they're fighting.

#79 Posted by patrat18 (11589 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman solos. Bloddlusted he would blitz the hell out of both of them.

#80 Edited by reikai (5424 posts) - - Show Bio

@azorahai: Doesn't make it any less impressive. And Thor's not exactly slow, nor is Supes any stronger than he is. And given Loki can take shots from three Sub-Thor's, getting hit by Supes isn't going to do all that much harm.

#81 Edited by kidman560 (7635 posts) - - Show Bio

normally id take Loki to beat either one of these 2 in 1 v 1 and if thor is a big enough distraction he might even be able to beat both of them however Super Man and WW will take the majority (much as i hate to admit it)

but Loki is the MVP here

#82 Edited by BigCimmerian (10097 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki effortlessly solos.

#83 Posted by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: you do realize superman was going so fast once he was going to break infinite barriers be specter stopped him even ghost riders out ran mjolnr yeah he one shots loki

#84 Edited by Zjun_ (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Sheesh. I'm honestly stuck here and I don't know what to say as this battle can go either way.

@thecomicpro said:

I see this fight ending in two ways.

scenario 1. Thor throws Mjolnir at 2 times the speed of light at superman's face K.O then loki teleports behind Wonder Woman stabbing he in the back.

scenario 2. Loki turns them both into pigs and they take them home to feast in Valhalla

This post really got the laughs out of me, lol and I agree, this could definitely happen and Thor could take down Superman or Diana.

If Loki can react, I give it to team 2 like others have said.

If not, team 1 via speed-blitz.

#85 Posted by TheComicPro (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12:

@reikai said:

@mikep12: @azorahai: Loki dodges Mjolnir Throws, which can reach millions of times FTL. Supes ain't blitzing nobody.

@reikai said:

@azorahai: Doesn't make it any less impressive. And Thor's not exactly slow, nor is Supes any stronger than he is. And given Loki can take shots from three Sub-Thor's, getting hit by Supes isn't going to do all that much harm.

#86 Edited by Silverrings (3215 posts) - - Show Bio

From what i can tell, Superman is faster, as is Wonder Woman, probably, but the former's durability does not include magic.

Thor is stronger. And has magic. Also, Loki.

Strength + Magic + Tricks = a lot for the DC duo to handle. I don't think they definitely lose, but there's a good chance they will.

#87 Edited by reikai (5424 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki is known for amping people to Fight Thor, why not just go intangible and invisible and then amp Thor to double his capabitities?

#89 Posted by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomicpro: Supes can break infinite barriers with his speed and superman is much stronger than Thor even new52 supes could stomp Thor his strength feats are more impressive. When has Loki dodged mjolnir and what speed was it going at and three sub Thors who are they and what are there strength feats. Delight with scans if you would not just things other people say

#90 Posted by BigCimmerian (10097 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 said:

@thecomicpro: Supes can break infinite barriers with his speed and superman is much stronger than Thor even new52 supes could stomp Thor his strength feats are more impressive. When has Loki dodged mjolnir and what speed was it going at and three sub Thors who are they and what are there strength feats. Delight with scans if you would not just things other people say

hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahha

#91 Edited by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Current can go from Saturn to earth is seconds and lifted the weight of the earth for 5 days and demanded more plus he punched Hel so hard he shock the Earth and even the watchtower felt it which suggest he can bust planets. He's still more impressive so your point is. Thors most impressive strength feat is lifting a snake that we don't know how much it weighed and hadn't eaten in centuries and people credit it for going around the earth multiple times even though plastic bottles do the same thing

#92 Posted by reikai (5424 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: Guys like Thor were busting planets from the beginning. And Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent which coiled around the planet itself. Not to mention used himself as the power source for a giant abomination for the sake of combating Hel's limitless legions for centuries.

Supes has nothing on them.

#93 Edited by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: So was Supes and Thor doesn't even have those capabilities anymore and plastic bottles still do the same thing

#94 Edited by DarkRaiden (10611 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki and Thor win. Loki can solo. He's had lightspeed reactions and has very powerful magic.

#95 Posted by reikai (5424 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: Taking millions of plastic bottles and stretching them isn't the same thing as a planetary sized sentient serpent whose entire body is like a giant muscle that can pull and resist being grabbed and hold itself to the planet. Not even remotely the same thing.

Also, Supes doesn't bust planets. Not since Pre-Crisis. And that was by accident. Lifting a Planet =/= Force required to destroy one.

#96 Posted by TheComicPro (305 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: Read Thor: God of Thunder issue 9? He was hitting Gorr so hard that the nearby small planet began to collapse, so he sped over quickly and prevented its destruction with his bare hands. Besides Superman can't just break barriers like that he takes time to get to those speeds by which Thor would be spinning Mjolnir at 2 times the speed of light ( or more ) throwing him into Superman's face Knocking him out for a couple of months or worse. If all else fails Godblast to the face

#97 Edited by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: I didn't say that i'm just saying people thinking rapping around the planet is a feat and Supes could destroy the planet if he wanted to same with the moon which Batman said he could turn to dust and Superman agreed but admitted it wouldn't make sense but he could. He got slapped by the sun god which sent him flying but when he got back up he was unscathed and that's before he got amped

#98 Posted by mikep12 (4266 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecomicpro: Thor doesn't even have the god blast anymore and many of the things that have been mentioned he's not capable of anymore. You didn't even specify which Supes and Which Thor we are using. Plus I did a thread Thor vs Hel. Thor got stomped cause Hel was to fast and supes also has the speed advantage.plus I'm looking up thor vs gorr and issue 9# of thor god of thunder and I don't see any planet shattering blows. Plus Thor got beat by death seed sentry who's first feat was literally beating him and he did with ease. Supes is faster than mjolnir and by what you just said it also takes times for thor to swing his arm and trow mjolnir. Why make a thread were you know the other will lose

#99 Edited by alessandro_souzamarques (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Now thinking about that, Thor and Loki can win this fight with relative easy. Thor takes on Superman and Wonder Woman buying time(maybe even take one of them down) as Loki elaborates some tricks and spells to take both of them(or the one left) down. Wonder Woman has a lot of problems with Circe after all. And Thor has taken much worse punishment(Mangog, Kurse, Destroyer, 8th Day Juggernaut) and kept fighting for some time.

@cgoodness said:

To be fair Loki's said to be as fast as Wonder Woman who is also said to be faster than a thought.

#100 Posted by Cgoodness (10966 posts) - - Show Bio

Now thinking about that, Thor and Loki can win this fight with relative easy. Thor takes on Superman and Wonder Woman buying time(maybe even take one of them down) as Loki elaborates some tricks and spells to take both of them(or the one left) down. Wonder Woman has a lot of problems with Circe after all. And Thor has taken much worse punishment(Mangog, Kurse, Destroyer, 8th Day Juggernaut) and kept fighting for some time.

@cgoodness said:

To be fair Loki's said to be as fast as Wonder Woman who is also said to be faster than a thought.

im not a WW expert so im not gonna say shes faster than thought, light, etc its just the common agreement right now she is FTL