Team 1 both rounds.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sufferthorn

This is a Silver Surfer vs Superman thread in disguise.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XiiX

@Sufferthorn: Nah. I have more interest in how Majestic and Surfer would add up.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jashro44

@Sufferthorn said:

This is a Silver Surfer vs Superman thread in disguise.

How? Majestic is far more powerful then superman....

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Emperorb777

Team 1 why is Thor here.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#7  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@XiiX said:

@Sufferthorn: Nah. I have more interest in how Majestic and Surfer would add up.

But that's been done multiple times... You could look those fights up if you're interested.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XiiX

@Buckshot: I wanted to see which would more readily tip the scales in this match(in people's opinions).

Avatar image for thevoiceofreason
TheVoiceOfReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheVoiceOfReason

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

I agree he is like a non-factor.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sufferthorn

@XiiX:

I believe Surfer could take Majestic. But that's just me.

Supes > Thor, that's been done before.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes is also a non-factor. It's between SS and Majestros. I'll go SS both rounds.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TERMINATORXX

Team 1

demifiendninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By demifiendninja
@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

agree, team one takes this
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

@demifiendninja said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

How is he a non factor?

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Emperorb777

@jeanroygrant said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

@demifiendninja said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

How is he a non factor?

Really? As many Superman vs Thor threads there have been all the debates and you don't understand why Thor being here doesn't matter.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Immortal777 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

@demifiendninja said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

How is he a non factor?

Really? As many Superman vs Thor threads there have been all the debates and you don't understand why Thor being here doesn't matter.

Thor is a factor, stop being an annoying Superman fanboy.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Emperorb777

@jeanroygrant said:

@Immortal777 said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

@demifiendninja said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

How is he a non factor?

Thor is a factor, stop being an annoying Superman fanboy.

So now you try to insult me.SMH

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Killemall

@jeanroygrant said:

How is he a non factor?

The same argument always, lack of speed, specially in a morals off encounter. With morals on I think thor vs superman can go either way. But they with morals off Silver Surfer can always loan his powers to Thor. He has given people half of his powers and with half a SS powers i think Thor could hold his own against Mr. Majestic. Surfer would be vulnerable till he gets time to absorb cosmic energies from the surrounding but hey he's got shields and all to protect him. Maybe just run back in time, take his time to absorb cosmic energy and come back .

@Buckshot: I dont know you seem like a Majestic expert so wanted to ask few things as to clear my doubt:

1. how well does Mr. Majestic fares against molecule manipulation? Because i have seen silver surfer evolve and devolve an entire planet, and evolve Fantastic Four to a point where they could no longer move, will he be vulnerable to such tactic?

2. What is the source of Mr. Majestic powers? Because Silver Surfer has been able to take powers away from other beings because he took away Saakar's old strong powers (later returned by his mother) and he took away powers from Sympira whos powers were derived from the sun and she was a planet buster, would he be susiptable to such tactic?

3. Whats Mr. Majestic favour mode of attack? Does he use energy attacks or physical force? If its energy attack silver surfer has shown the ability to absorb them and redirect them, would Majestic be vulnerable to such tactics?

4. A little less viable attack (not related to this battle at all), does he have any answer to time manipulation? Silver Surfer cant stop time outright but he can travel back and forth in time, you think surfer somehow trapping him in his board and dumping his in past would be a viable option had BFR not been banned?

I am just interested to know because i dont know much about Mr. Majestic apart from few scans i have seen here on comicvine.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By isaac_clarke

Not to mention the Surfer levels planets without breaking a sweat and turn himself into the surrounding environment to play dis-embodied spirit.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Killemall said:

@Buckshot: I dont know you seem like a Majestic expert so wanted to ask few things as to clear my doubt:

1. how well does Mr. Majestic fares against molecule manipulation? Because i have seen silver surfer evolve and devolve an entire planet, and evolve Fantastic Four to a point where they could no longer move, will he be vulnerable to such tactic?

2. What is the source of Mr. Majestic powers? Because Silver Surfer has been able to take powers away from other beings because he took away Saakar's old strong powers (later returned by his mother) and he took away powers from Sympira whos powers were derived from the sun and she was a planet buster, would he be susiptable to such tactic?

3. Whats Mr. Majestic favour mode of attack? Does he use energy attacks or physical force? If its energy attack silver surfer has shown the ability to absorb them and redirect them, would Majestic be vulnerable to such tactics?

4. A little less viable attack (not related to this battle at all), does he have any answer to time manipulation? Silver Surfer cant stop time outright but he can travel back and forth in time, you think surfer somehow trapping him in his board and dumping his in past would be a viable option had BFR not been banned?

I am just interested to know because i dont know much about Mr. Majestic apart from few scans i have seen here on comicvine.

Majestic has only ever had his molecules manipulated as an attack once (someone tried to turn him to stone), and he said he'd be fine as it was happening and he (with no explanation for how it happened) was normal when he was seen again a short time later even though he had been seen turning to stone.

Majestic doesn't have an energy source like the old strong or a sun for his powers.

Majestic typically fights physically more than with energy attacks. If you're talking about what they'd typically do though, Surfer wouldn't typically do any of his fancier tricks that would let him with this fight.

Majestic was once trapped in a time loop but as soon as he realized it (just a couple cycles) it didn't affect him anymore. Not really what you're talking about but it's the closest thing to a time attack. Majestic doesn't really have a defense against someone trying to kill him through time, but he's thousands upon thousands of years old and has been as powerful as he is now for the majority of that time. If someone went back to kill him, they'd have to go way back, and he's only been on Earth for the last 3000 or so years. Further back than that and they'd have to also travel to his home planet.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall

@Buckshot said:

Majestic has only ever had his molecules manipulated as an attack once (someone tried to turn him to stone), and he said he'd be fine as it was happening and he (with no explanation for how it happened) was normal when he was seen again a short time later even though he had been seen turning to stone.

Majestic doesn't have an energy source like the old strong or a sun for his powers.

Majestic typically fights physically more than with energy attacks. If you're talking about what they'd typically do though, Surfer wouldn't typically do any of his fancier tricks that would let him with this fight.

Majestic was once trapped in a time loop but as soon as he realized it (just a couple cycles) it didn't affect him anymore. Not really what you're talking about but it's the closest thing to a time attack. Majestic doesn't really have a defense against someone trying to kill him through time, but he's thousands upon thousands of years old and has been as powerful as he is now for the majority of that time. If someone went back to kill him, they'd have to go way back, and he's only been on Earth for the last 3000 or so years. Further back than that and they'd have to also travel to his home planet.

Thank you, much appreciated.

So safe to say he's pretty durable against molecular manipulation but just as a query the person who tried to manipulate molecules , was he like a really powerful dude or something? I am just trying to understand the context (any scans would be appreciated but of course not necessary since my english itself is very wonky which you probably have already noticed so explanations are always welcome)

So his superstrength, speed are inate abilities and he doesnt depend on solar radiation etc for powers like superman? That would make taking his powers a lot more difficult, anyhow thats not what sufer does in character anyways and its a power of his whose limits we dont know at all.

I was not talking about going back in time and killing him, not only is it out of character that sounds like a major cop out. What i was wondering was can he come back if he gets BFRed in time (not related to this battle at all), because that would affect when i say have to debate agaisnt him with guys like say Thanos who has time manipulation or Darkseid.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Onemoreposter

Superman beats Silver Surfer.....

Team one wrecks two

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Killemall

@Onemoreposter said:

Superman beats Silver Surfer.....

Team one wrecks two

While in round one i could understand Superman beating Surfer because Surfer fights like an idiot in character.

Round two Surfer should win against Superman fairly convincingly, he has many powers to which superman has no answers.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Immortal777: I am sorry if i insulted you, i just get irritated when people say ridiculous comments.

@Killemall: Why do you guys think speed decides the battles? Yes speed places a part, but it only gives you an advantage. It'snot like they have insane speed like Wally West or other Flashes. Look how much times we have seen Hulk tag speedsters? See speed is not everything. Thor has speed feats that i don't think you guys take into account. Also @Killermail i know your gonna show the scan of Thor getting blitzed by Spider-Man & Mongoose twice each. Did you think that the fact that was, is because Thor's running speed is only said to be higher than the finest human athlete? Mongoose & Spider-Man are both atleast 3 times faster than the finest human athlete. Okay so yes Thor is leagues below everyone in running speed.

We all know this battle is not gonna stay on the ground, it's gonna be taken to the skies. Here is where Thor is not completely outmatched. Thor is at least, 3 times faster than light. Thor may still be slower than the others, but not by as much as on the ground, and he could still keep up with them like he has done in the past. Also if you look at Thor's physic, he wasn't really meant to even be a speedster, Mr.Majestic, Superman, & Superman all way around 250-300 pounds. While Thor ways 650 pounds do to his natural Asgardian bulky size. So i am gonna show you what Thor can bring to this battle to help out.

Thor speed feats. ( Here is some )

Thor moving at faster than light speed(s).

Here is Thor out-flying Ego, who was moving at hyper speeds. ( Thor had to be moving at speeds way faster than speed of light )

Silver Surfer impressed by Thor's speed.

Mjolnir outracing Silver Surfer.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Killemall

@jeanroygrant said:

@Immortal777: I am sorry if i insulted you, i just get irritated when people say ridiculous comments.

@Killemall: Why do you guys think speed decides the battles? Yes speed places a part, but it only gives you an advantage. It'snot like they have insane speed like Wally West or other Flashes. Look how much times we have seen Hulk tag speedsters? See speed is not everything. Thor has speed feats that i don't think you guys take into account. Also @Killermail i know your gonna show the scan of Thor getting blitzed by Spider-Man & Mongoose twice each. Did you think that the fact that was, is because Thor's running speed is only said to be higher than the finest human athlete? Mongoose & Spider-Man are both atleast 3 times faster than the finest human athlete. Okay so yes Thor is leagues below everyone in running speed.

We all know this battle is not gonna stay on the ground, it's gonna be taken to the skies. Here is where Thor is not completely outmatched. Thor is at least, 3 times faster than light. Thor may still be slower than the others, but not by as much as on the ground, and he could still keep up with them like he has done in the past. Also if you look at Thor's physic, he wasn't really meant to even be a speedster, Mr.Majestic, Superman, & Superman all way around 250-300 pounds. While Thor ways 650 pounds do to his natural Asgardian bulky size. So i am gonna show you what Thor can bring to this battle to help out.

Here is Thor out-flying Ego, who was moving at hyper speeds. ( Thor had to be moving at speeds way faster than speed of light )

Well because in a battle with no plots speed matters (apparently) .

I know you have seen the scans i see no reason to post them again and dont take it wrong i am not trying to downplay the character at all, i like thor (not one of my fav character but i have read more than 350 issues of Thor wouldnt have done so if i did not like it).

Apparently, based on the most recent evidence Thor is only twice the speed of light thats what AVX apparently stated but meh maybe thats out of context.

You are talking about travelling speed while i am talking about reaction speed.

The very second scan you have mentioned Thor vs Tutinax thats out of the context, it wasnt that they were fighiting at light speed, Tutinax doesnt have superspeed anyways, it was the chamber and its description.

Also i am not even sure if Astonishing Thor is considered cannon, but meh probably is. Thats travel speed though.

You gotta admit Surfer Impressed by Thor's speed its a travel speed too, he went straight to hit galactus (which achieved him nothing but thats not the point) and the last scan is from Seige which purely is travel speed since he was taking the carcass of Sentry/ Void/ Bob whatever lol to the sun

Cant even understand why you showed me the scans from The Mighty Thor (volume 3) 9 , surfer did not even remember Thor then and they werent chasing the hammer. That has nothing to do with even travel speed.

But meh! maybe we can just agree to disagree here.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ghost_rider1
@Killemall

@jeanroygrant said:

Well because in a battle with no plots speed matters (apparently) .

I know you have seen the scans i see no reason to post them again and dont take it wrong i am not trying to downplay the character at all, i like thor (not one of my fav character but i have read more than 350 issues of Thor wouldnt have done so if i did not like it).

Apparently, based on the most recent evidence Thor is only twice the speed of light thats what AVX apparently stated but meh maybe thats out of context.

You are talking about travelling speed while i am talking about reaction speed.

The very second scan you have mentioned Thor vs Tutinax thats out of the context, it wasnt that they were fighiting at light speed, Tutinax doesnt have superspeed anyways, it was the chamber and its description.

Also i am not even sure if Astonishing Thor is considered cannon, but meh probably is. Thats travel speed though.

You gotta admit Surfer Impressed by Thor's speed its a travel speed too, he went straight to hit galactus (which achieved him nothing but thats not the point) and the last scan is from Seige which purely is travel speed since he was taking the carcass of Sentry/ Void/ Bob whatever lol to the sun

Cant even understand why you showed me the scans from The Mighty Thor (volume 3) 9 , surfer did not even remember Thor then and they werent chasing the hammer. That has nothing to do with even travel speed.

But meh! maybe we can just agree to disagree here.

Thor reacion speed is fast enough to fight with superman. Thor has beaten sentry...and he has super speed. He also crushed gladiator and he also hav super speed. Thor usually doesn't use his speed. He much rather brawl against powerhouses like hulk, juggs, and hercules. But it still doesn't mean he is incapable of super speed
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

Thor reacion speed is fast enough to fight with superman. Thor has beaten sentry...and he has super speed. He also crushed gladiator and he also hav super speed. Thor usually doesn't use his speed. He much rather brawl against powerhouses like hulk, juggs, and hercules. But it still doesn't mean he is incapable of super speed

Neither Gladiator nor Sentry used their superspeed against Thor.

I mean isnt this the third time i am bring this up against you (or was it Ghost_rider2 i get confused), thor has been speeblitz by opponents far slower which includes Spiderman, Mongoose (twice) and himself outright admitting Wolverine is faster.

If he has super-speed he would not get blitz now would he? How many superheores or villians with superspeed have you seen who have been blitz by streetlevels before?

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ghost_rider1
@Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

I mean isnt this the third time i am bring this up against you (or was it Ghost_rider2 i get confused), thor has been speeblitz by opponents far slower which includes Spiderman, Mongoose (twice) and himself outright admitting Wolverine is faster.

If he has super-speed he would not get blitz now would he? How many superheores or villians with superspeed have you seen who have been blitz by streetlevels before?

Those are his low showings. How about looking at it in the opposite direction.. if sentry, glads, and surfer was taking a beating from thor. Wouldn't they speed blitz him if it was possible. They didn't cuz it wouldn't help them too much. Like seriously....if u had super speed and someone was kicking ur tail and he don't have super speed....wouldn't u use it to stop getting beat up. It make sense doesn't it??? Speed blitzing probably wouldn't have helped them in their situation.
ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ghost_rider1
@Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

Killemall do me a favor!!! Go on thor comicvine and go under his powers and abilities and read wat they say about thor combat speed. He doesn't just have travel speed. Some of his reaction time speed include catching bullets in midair. Redirecting telepathic bolts from phoenix(which by the way travel faster than the speed of light) and h has also hit surfer who was moving at the speed of light. He also created trenches that even quicksilver couldn't react to. Go read what it says since u dnt believe me. It should take u no more than 2 mins.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Saren

@jeanroygrant:

Travel speed is not combat speed and the second one is ridiculously out of context. Thor was not fighting faster than light speed, he was fighting in a chamber where the speed of light itself had been artificially slowed down. Tutinax, who has no speed feats AT ALL, stomped him in that fight, and I'm supposed to believe he did so because he's suddenly a lightspeeder?

At the time of this feat Surfer was still (IS still) bound to Earth and subject to Galactus' restriction that he'd grow weaker and weaker the further he ventured away from Earth. He couldn't follow Mjolnir anyway since his power would decrease the more he tried to move away from Earth.

@ghost_rider1 said:

@Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

Those are his low showings. How about looking at it in the opposite direction.. if sentry, glads, and surfer was taking a beating from thor. Wouldn't they speed blitz him if it was possible. They didn't cuz it wouldn't help them too much. Like seriously....if u had super speed and someone was kicking ur tail and he don't have super speed....wouldn't u use it to stop getting beat up. It make sense doesn't it??? Speed blitzing probably wouldn't have helped them in their situation.

No, they didn't do it because it would make for a lousy fight. Considering Thor has been blitzed by characters not even remotely close to the speeds of those three, there's no reason they couldn't do so. It's the same reason why half the powerhouses who fight Hulk don't simply destroy him with their speed but instead chose to brawl it out with him.....despite the fact that Hulk struggles to tag street-levelers like Spider-Man and Wolverine. Plot holds them back. There's no plot in the battle forums.

Those aren't low showings. Thor is simply slow.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ghost_rider1
@CitizenBane

@jeanroygrant:

Travel speed is not combat speed and the second one is ridiculously out of context. Thor was not fighting faster than light speed, he was fighting in a chamber where the speed of light itself had been artificially slowed down. Tutinax, who has no speed feats AT ALL, stomped him in that fight, and I'm supposed to believe he did so because he's suddenly a lightspeeder?

At the time of this feat Surfer was still (IS still) bound to Earth and subject to Galactus' restriction that he'd grow weaker and weaker the further he ventured away from Earth. He couldn't follow Mjolnir anyway since his power would decrease the more he tried to move away from Earth.

@ghost_rider1 said:

@Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

No, they didn't do it because it would make for a lousy fight. Considering Thor has been blitzed by characters not even remotely close to the speeds of those three, there's no reason they couldn't do so. It's the same reason why half the powerhouses who fight Hulk don't simply destroy him with their speed but instead chose to brawl it out with him.....despite the fact that Hulk struggles to tag street-levelers like Spider-Man and Wolverine. Plot holds them back. There's no plot in the battle forums.

Those aren't low showings. Thor is simply slow.

I will tell u the same thing. Go and read thor comicvine info. It explains his travel and reaction speed. Go to powers and abilities and read under his super speeed info. It take no more than 2 mins. He DOES have have super combat speed
btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By btmt

@Sufferthorn said:

@XiiX:

I believe Surfer could take Majestic. But that's just me.

Supes > Thor, that's been done before.

@demifiendninja said:

@TheVoiceOfReason said:

@Immortal777 said:

Team 1 why is Thor here.

Totally agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 to this

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ghost_rider1
@btmt

Thor is a factor. He is being underestimated here. And dnt say he is too slow. If that wat ur about to say. Then before u say it. Go read thor comicvine info and read wat they say about his super combat speed. At least, do me that favor before u post. It only take a few mins
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Saren

@ghost_rider1 said:

I will tell u the same thing. Go and read thor comicvine info. It explains his travel and reaction speed. Go to powers and abilities and read under his super speeed info. It take no more than 2 mins. He DOES have have super combat speed

I'm well acquainted with Thor's speed feats. I don't need a wiki. But anyway, you were saying?

@ghost_rider1 said:

Some of his reaction time speed include catching bullets in midair.

Ok? Spider-Man has done this. Why is this supposed to be impressive for characters of this nature? There are quite a few street levelers who could pluck bullets mid-air if they had enhanced durability.

Redirecting telepathic bolts from phoenix(which by the way travel faster than the speed of light)

No, they don't. And Thor recently fought Rachel Summers without the Phoenix in Avengers #29, and she made a mockery out of him with one psi-bolt. He didn't "react" to that one, it just knocked him clean on his ass.

h has also hit surfer who was moving at the speed of light.

He has never done this.

He also created trenches that even quicksilver couldn't react to.

Oh golly gee, Quicksilver? How terribly impressive. Thor also fought Quicksilver recently and couldn't tag him with his lightning, he needed an AOE attack to knock him off his feet because he wasn't fast enough to do so otherwise.

Not to mention every single one of these feats are from decades in the past. Thor's combat speed is inconsistent at best and non-existent at worst.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ghost_rider1
@CitizenBane

@ghost_rider1 said:

I'm well acquainted with Thor's speed feats. I don't need a wiki. But anyway, you were saying?

@ghost_rider1 said:

Ok? Spider-Man has done this. Why is this supposed to be impressive for characters of this nature? There are quite a few street levelers who could pluck bullets mid-air if they had enhanced durability.

Redirecting telepathic bolts from phoenix(which by the way travel faster than the speed of light)

No, they don't. And Thor recently fought Rachel Summers without the Phoenix in Avengers #29, and she made a mockery out of him with one psi-bolt. He didn't "react" to that one, it just knocked him clean on his ass.

He has never done this.

Oh golly gee, Quicksilver? How terribly impressive. Thor also fought Quicksilver recently and couldn't tag him with his lightning, he needed an AOE attack to knock him off his feet because he wasn't fast enough to do so otherwise.

Not to mention every single one of these feats are from decades in the past. Thor's combat speed is inconsistent at best and non-existent at worst.

Smh...whatever u refuse to admit that he has super combat speed. And phoenix bolts did travel at light speed. And he has hit surfer while he was traveling at light speed. I have said this a million times everyone ignores it and believes wat they want to believe. Spiderman has dodged bullets...not caught them. If u read the comicvine info it will tell u that phoenix blast was traveling at light speed and thor has shown nano-reactive combat speed. Comicvine knows more about thor and a plot more than u do. Don't argue with that. U say he hasn't done things when I'm proving that not only I say he has super speed. But comicvine explains in full detail that he is capable of super speed. If u refuse to listen to what the comicvine info says then reasoning with u is pointless and I won't go any further with this
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By TDK_1997

Team 1 wins.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Killemall said:

Gladiator has used his speed against Thor.... and still lost.

So has Sentry IIRC...

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LordOfFate

@Killemall said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

Thor does have super-human reaction speed, it's not Quicksliver's level but it is super-speed

@ghost_rider1 said:

@Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

That sword cuts both ways. Wouldn't Sentry, Surfer and Glads not using super-speed be low showing for them.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ghost_rider1
@Lord Shiva

@Killemall said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

Thor does have super-human reaction speed, it's not Quicksliver's level but it is super-speed

@ghost_rider1 said:

@Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

That sword cuts both ways. Wouldn't Sentry, Surfer and Glads not using super-speed be low showing for them.

I honestly think they were...other debaters seems to have a different opinion. They refuse to admit thor has super speed. I KNOW he does. There is no way he could have beaten those guys without it. It isn't possible
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Saren

@ghost_rider1 said:

@CitizenBane

@ghost_rider1 said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

He has never done this.

Smh...whatever u refuse to admit that he has super combat speed. And phoenix bolts did travel at light speed. And he has hit surfer while he was traveling at light speed. I have said this a million times everyone ignores it and believes wat they want to believe. Spiderman has dodged bullets...not caught them. If u read the comicvine info it will tell u that phoenix blast was traveling at light speed and thor has shown nano-reactive combat speed. Comicvine knows more about thor and a plot more than u do. Don't argue with that. U say he hasn't done things when I'm proving that not only I say he has super speed. But comicvine explains in full detail that he is capable of super speed. If u refuse to listen to what the comicvine info says then reasoning with u is pointless and I won't go any further with this

Spider-Man has caught bullets.

Oh, and so has Iron Fist.

It's an entirely unimpressive feat for anyone who's not a street leveler. Deal with it.

I love how you have no proof at all apart from a wiki entry and then act like I'm unreasonable for not believing a wiki entry.......despite the fact that I've read all those speed feats for Thor in the comics themselves and they don't lend his combat speed any credence when you take his history into account. Do you honestly think that anyone in their right mind holds a wiki entry as accurate? Get real. You're not proving anything apart from the fact that you have not actually read anything featuring Thor's speed.

Jesus.....ComicVine explains in full detail? Are you serious? You realize that if I wanted to, I could go edit Thor's wiki entry right now to make it say he's slower than a paraplegic with osteoporosis? It would take me all of 10 seconds. Would you still believe it then?

I'm fine with you thinking Thor is fast even though I believe he's slow. But don't throw some BS about wiki's in my face and act like I'm being unreasonable as if everyone under the sun knows wiki's are infallible.

Thor's average combat speed showings aren't even better than Deathstroke's.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Saren

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@Killemall said:

So has Sentry IIRC...

Gladiator fought Thor twice in that story and won the fight where he used speed against him (throwing debris at Thor and then bullrushing him). He didn't use speed in the second fight.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RingSlinger

Team 1. Morals off Supes would WRECK Thor.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LordOfFate

@ghost_rider1 said:

@Lord Shiva

@Killemall said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

@Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

I honestly think they were...other debaters seems to have a different opinion. They refuse to admit thor has super speed. I KNOW he does. There is no way he could have beaten those guys without it. It isn't possible

Compared to humans, Thor does have super-human reaction speed but he is not in Sup, Maj and Surfer's league. Thor at best is three or four times faster then a normal human but people like Sup, Maj and Surfer have done things at near or over the speed of light.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#44  Edited By Lvenger

@ghost_rider1: Thor's combat speed is laughable. He's been made a mockery of by Spider-Man, Mongoose and more. When faced with beings as fast and able to react as quickly as Superman and Majestic, all of Thor's strength and abilities via Mjolnir don't count for anything. Thor's reaction time is meager when compared to others. His travel speed might be impressive but in combat, he doesn't have the reactions to deal with the likes of Superman and Majestic. The evidence in comics clearly suggests that.

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ghost_rider1
@CitizenBane

@ghost_rider1 said:

@CitizenBane

@ghost_rider1 said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

He has never done this.

It's an entirely unimpressive feat for anyone who's not a street leveler. Deal with it.

I love how you have no proof at all apart from a wiki entry and then act like I'm unreasonable for not believing a wiki entry.......despite the fact that I've read all those speed feats for Thor in the comics themselves and they don't lend his combat speed any credence when you take his history into account. Do you honestly think that anyone in their right mind holds a wiki entry as accurate? Get real. You're not proving anything apart from the fact that you have not actually read anything featuring Thor's speed.

Jesus.....ComicVine explains in full detail? Are you serious? You realize that if I wanted to, I could go edit Thor's wiki entry right now to make it say he's slower than a paraplegic with osteoporosis? It would take me all of 10 seconds. Would you still believe it then?

I'm fine with you thinking Thor is fast even though I believe he's slow. But don't throw some BS about wiki's in my face and act like I'm being unreasonable as if everyone under the sun knows wiki's are infallible.

Most of the time he doesn't use his super speed. But he very well is capable of it. If he can track enemies using super speed than he can definately fight with them. Ur suppose to go by the characters best showings in battle threads right? Who cares, that u can edit and change wat the info says. If u can prove it....I would love to see u do that. And everything it said I had already mentioned in the past about him hitting surfer. Other things like redirecting phoneix bolt is stuff I wasn't aware of. But regardless, they are still feats that thor is capable of doing. Everyone agree that sentry has super speed. But hulk has tagged him and a lot more slower characters. But everyone agree he has super speed. Wat makes thor different?? Regardless of whether u think he slow or not. The fact he has beaten speedsters means he has super speed and that's using logic
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Saren

@ghost_rider1 said:

@CitizenBane

@ghost_rider1 said:

@CitizenBane

@ghost_rider1 said:

@ghost_rider1 said:

He has never done this.

Most of the time he doesn't use his super speed. But he very well is capable of it. If he can track enemies using super speed than he can definately fight with them. Ur suppose to go by the characters best showings in battle threads right? Who cares, that u can edit and change wat the info says. If u can prove it....I would love to see u do that. And everything it said I had already mentioned in the past about him hitting surfer. Other things like redirecting phoneix bolt is stuff I wasn't aware of. But regardless, they are still feats that thor is capable of doing. Everyone agree that sentry has super speed. But hulk has tagged him and a lot more slower characters. But everyone agree he has super speed. Wat makes thor different?? Regardless of whether u think he slow or not. The fact he has beaten speedsters means he has super speed and that's using logic

We don't use their best showings, we use what they do on average unless the OP specifies conditions to the contrary like "bloodlusted", "morals off" and so on. But even if we did use their best showings? Superman, Majestic and Surfer all have better speed showings than Thor does, so it doesn't matter either way. Tracking enemies using superspeed is not the same as being able to fight them anymore than perceiving lightning means being able to react to it. And even if that was the case, Majestic could track projectiles moving at six times the speed of light without effort, so Thor's beat on that front too. Hitting Surfer? Hulk, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Prince of Orphans, Ben Grimm, Legacy and many, many others have done that. Hitting characters who are capable of great speed does not mean you have great speed yourself unless those characters were displaying their great speed on those occasions. I've already talked about how plot holds the people who fight Hulk back in a previous post.

I'm not saying Thor doesn't have combat speed. Buried deep within his mountain of feats over the last 50 years, you'll find some good instances, sure. But they're too few and far between and way too inconsistent to be considered a factor here.

Funcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Funcake

@jeanroygrant said:

Which comic are the scans from?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Killemall

@ghost_rider1 said:

Killemall do me a favor!!! Go on thor comicvine and go under his powers and abilities and read wat they say about thor combat speed. He doesn't just have travel speed. Some of his reaction time speed include catching bullets in midair. Redirecting telepathic bolts from phoenix(which by the way travel faster than the speed of light) and h has also hit surfer who was moving at the speed of light. He also created trenches that even quicksilver couldn't react to. Go read what it says since u dnt believe me. It should take u no more than 2 mins.

The wiki thing is horrible example, i could simply ask you to go check marvel wiki which puts deadpool at 7 in terms of speed, now are we going to sit here and argue deadpool is lightspeed?

Any reason why you believe the telepathic bolts were travelling at light speed? I dont remember seeing that and if you are talking about Rachel Grey even in that issue it was later revealed that he was protected by Juggernaut's aura, because after all the only reason Rachel attacked him was because she though he was the juggernaut. Also i have seen magneto block such attack, and strong call upon lightning to block cyclops optic blast that not even a reaction feat.

List of people i know who have caught bullets, Spiderman, Hulk, Venom does that help?

I have actually read more than 400 thor issues i would think to think i know enough about thor, probably more than whoever edited that wiki, anyways should you wish to prove your point, by all means quote a issue no, show me a scan to show otherwise.

I come to debate with open mind, if you can prove me wrong i appreciate that, but just dont ask me to go read wiki, thats as weak a proof as it gets.

Anyhow how often do you see a guy with super-speed actually get blitz by someone who doesnt have it?

@venomoushatred1001 said:

So has Sentry IIRC...

I dont claim to have read every thor vs Gladiator fight but i have never seen gladiator actually use his speed offensively against thor (apart from throwing debris at him). Here are the two fights that i have seen him involve with Thor .

The first one (The Mighty Thor 537) and thor here had help

The second one.

The scans are up there, do let me know if i am mis-interpreting it.

@Lord Shiva said:

Quicksilver is a lot faster anyways, but well i have not read his bio and stuffs but based on the comics i have read this sounds pretty accurate, he's probably a bit faster than a fit athlete or something.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Killemall

@Funcake said:

@jeanroygrant said:

Which comic are the scans from?

The Mighty Thor (volume 3) Issue 4, page no 16 and 17, hope that helps.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bo88gdan

Thor>superman

SIlver Surfer>mr majestic