• 70 results
#1 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman and Gladiator vs World War Hulk, Doomsday and Solomon Grundy

1. Morals on. Fight takes place on an abandoned planet.

2. No Morals. Bloodlusted. Fight takes place on same abandoned planet.

#2 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2 takes it easy

#3 Posted by Ddecourt (803 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 murderstomps.

#4 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@KINGJAMES447 said:

team 2 takes it easy

Easy? I don't think so.

#5 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ddecourt said:

Team 2 murderstomps.

How will they manage to win exactly?

#6 Posted by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 wrecks. Gladiator`s power level fluctuates in which it basically depends on his confidence level and he will probably begin to lose confidence once he fights Doomsday or WWH. Team 1 can`t put down Doomsday for good, Solomon Grundy alone is going to be a problem due to his raw strength, durability and regeneration. Superman loses to WWH or Doomsday pretty badly and Team 2 will overwhelm Gladiator.

#7 Posted by beautifulrevery (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 team 2 takes it.

Round 2 Team 1 takes it but with a lot of difficulty

#8 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonGameWave said:

Team 2 wrecks. Gladiator`s power level fluctuates in which it basically depends on his confidence level and he will probably begin to lose confidence once he fights Doomsday or WWH. Team 1 can`t put down Doomsday for good, Solomon Grundy alone is going to be a problem due to his raw strength, durability and regeneration. Superman loses to WWH or Doomsday pretty badly and Team 2 will overwhelm Gladiator.

1.No, it doesn't.
2.No, it won't. 
People seriously should stop with that nonsense about his confidence...
Now, Grundy is non factor. He was one-shotted by Supergirl, Superman also toyed with him, until Grundy was starting to be troublesome and then Superman just punched harder and took him down. 

Doomsday isn't immune to physical damage. 

And only Gladiator has punch that can level a planet. He is also much more ruthless, so I belive that he is the most important player here. 

+ in round two either: Superman and Gladiator can solo.
#9 Posted by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: It does matter and it has been proven that`s what separates Gladiator as a character as well. How are they suppose to put down Doomsday for good? I did not say he was immune to physical damage but brute force won`t cut it.

You are also forgetting about WWH.

Their not soloing at all.

#10 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonGameWave said:

@czarny_samael666: It does matter and it has been proven that`s what separates Gladiator as a character as well. How are they suppose to put down Doomsday for good? I did not say he was immune to physical damage but brute force won`t cut it.

You are also forgetting about WWH.

Their not soloing at all.

Seriously, You're third person with whom I have this debate in last two days!!!
Gladiator's confidence won't be an issue here. Gladiator's confidence doesn't drop during the battle. Gladiator can lose confidence ONLY if something that shouldn't happen is happening.
He doesn't know his enemies besides Hulk. And he know that  Hulk is dangerous. He will expect hard fight, so he won't be suprised. 
I don't see why brute force won't end DD. 
In second round Superman and Gladiator will use their speed. Either of them will end it in nanoseconds.
#11 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 wins but not easy

#12 Edited by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: If Gladiator sees that he can`t put down Doomsday or WWH his power will begin to decrease as it is proven that his power level is connected to his level of confidence. It might not happen right away but it will happen. Doomsday will return like he always does and his regenerative powers are ridicously impressive. He adapts and evolves, I don`t see what physical force is going to do, when individuals such as Darkseid and Superman had trouble. Imperiex was able to take care of him but only temporarily. I don`t see what they could do regardless of speed, are they going to BFR them? Beat them down to death? Throw or destroy the planet?

#13 Edited by ImmortalOne (3471 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I missing something here?

Neither Hulk or Grundy have any form of super speed, and Grundy was easily taken out by Superman on various occasions. Grundy's pretty much a non-factor here. Hulk is not fast enough keep up with Gladiator and Superman, he gets blitzed. Superman has already defeated Doomsday on separate occasions, with Gladiator's help, it'll be easier.

I have no clue why people are saying Team 2 stomps.

#14 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonGameWave said:

@czarny_samael666: If Gladiator sees that he can`t put down Doomsday or WWH his power will begin to decrease as it is proven that his power level is connected to his level of confidence. It might not happen right away but it will happen. Doomsday will return like he always does and his regenerative powers are ridicously impressive. He adapts and evolves, I don`t see what physical force is going to do, when individuals such as Darkseid and Superman had trouble. Imperiex was able to take care of him but only temporarily. I don`t see what they could do regardless of speed, are they going to BFR them? Beat them down to death? Throw or destroy the planet?

How it was proven? By who? In which comics? It WON'T happen. It doesn't work in that way. He wasn't afraid of going on Ego nor Tyrant and both were more powerfull than he was. 
Superman put down Doomsday. So he can be putted down. 
Speed means that their enemies won't be able to touch them and that they can throw millions of punches in each second.
#15 Posted by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: Its connected to his power-set. Which Doomsday are you thinking of? Because, Doomsday killed Superman and Doomsday always returns regardless. They are significantly faster but that doesn`t necessarily mean they could put down very durable and powerful opponents such as WWH or Doomsday. They will eventually slow down and Team 2`s punchers are going to cause some major damage especially Doomsday.

#16 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on which version of Doomsday this is, he could possibly solo.

#17 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

Gladiator's confidence dropping is a sore excuse for people who don't like to admit that his feats put him equal to (if not above) Superman.

Gladiator has fought way tougher opponents like Tyrant and his confidence held up just fine. He punched him, HV'd him, etc and held up better than any of the Heralds. It's only when characters that pull things off that they shouldn't be doing when he loses confidence (Cannonball, Cap disguised as Reed).

Superman exists as a Fictional Character in Marvel, so if Gladiator were to fight him, he'd have a basic idea of what he'd be up against. His confidence issues would only help him in this type of situation, ie believing that he can be better than Superman.

Touching on Kallrk's H2H - There once was an entire race of Strontonians. All of them just as capable as Gladiator. Kallark himself was the best of the best in all areas of combat, therefore he took on the role of Gladiator. This can be found in War of Kings.

Hyperion has also noted that Kallark's H2H is formidable.

#18 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonGameWave said:

@czarny_samael666: Its connected to his power-set. Which Doomsday are you thinking of? Because, Doomsday killed Superman and Doomsday always returns regardless. They are significantly faster but that doesn`t necessarily mean they could put down very durable and powerful opponents such as WWH or Doomsday. They will eventually slow down and Team 2`s punchers are going to cause some major damage especially Doomsday.

Speed means exactly that, because before Hulk or Grundy will think about anything, they will already be down.
WWHulk isn't stronger than Gladiator BTW. 
I think of DOS DD, but I would like to know what kind of strength and durability (not evolving, since I know that DD can't evolve to overcome brute strength) he showed in H/P.
And again: Gladiator's confindence doesn't drop in way You've explained. If it happened against his level's enemy, I would like to see it.
#19 Posted by monarch_prime (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday seems to to be the only problem here,WWH gets blitzed and besides even in a head on fight he looses to either Gladiator or Superman and as everyone agrees,Grundy is a non-factor. So as metioned they both take out Doomsday after. The end.

#20 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12230 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Hulk and Grundy get BFR'd, Doomsday evolved to be able to fly and has super speed so he is the only one who actually has a chance. Against both Superman and Gladiator, unlikely.

Team 1 wins round 1

Supes can solo round two

#21 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

Any 2 from Team 2 is enough...why overkill?

#22 Posted by Mr_Winchester (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Some modifications that should be made:

1) Replace Grundy with Juggernaut.

2) Remove BFR...Always remove BFR when including Superman (or Superman like characters) against non-flight characters as that always remains an outcome.

As for the current scenario:

1) Team 2 wins. Supes with morals on will be the end of him against WWH and Doomsday, Grundy just adds salt to the wound.

2) Team 1 I would say takes it...not sure. Grundy defo gets vaporized in the first few seconds.

#23 Edited by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@ToO_RaW: I believe Gladiator is above Superman and I never attempted to use the reason as a poor excuse but I was only telling the truth in regards to his power set.

Point taken.

I don`t see how that equates as a win against opponents like Doomsday.

He is very good in H2H, I never denied it nor did I ever question it but I don`t see how raw force and H2H skills is going to be enough to put down the opposing team, Doomsday in particular.

Good point and I agree.

#24 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12230 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan said:

Not really. Hulk isn't a match for Superman and Grundy isn't consistent and has been blitzed into the Sun by Bizarro. This is basically Superman and Gladiator vs Doomsday

#25 Edited by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666:

Grundy will be down and out but WWH not so easily.

He can adapt and evolve but also will become 100% immune to what previously killed him. Doomsday will eventually overpower as well as overcome the abilities of both Gladiator and Superman. And that`s Doomsday alone, adding WWH and Grundy can be factors as well, ( Grundy not so much).

His confidence won`t drop instantly but can you prove why it won`t at least drop considerably in regards to a fight with a fully powered Doomsday?

#26 Posted by Pokeysteve (8329 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow the lack of Doomsday knowledge here is amazing.

#27 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

Not really. Hulk isn't a match for Superman and Grundy isn't consistent and has been blitzed into the Sun by Bizarro. This is basically Superman and Gladiator vs Doomsday

This is WWH we are talking about, it's alot stronger than 'Hulk'...

If WWH manages to launch a few punch on Gladiator, his confidence will drops, which means his power drops...therefore the point is, WWH gets punch, he will be angrier, and thus stronger...Gladiator won't...not to mention that Hulk has already beaten Gladiator. But since Gladiator has better speed feats, they pretty much cancel out each other. Which left Grundy & Doomsday vs Superman.

#28 Posted by SteveRogers (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Take World War Hulk out of this, and things will start to brighten up for team 1

#29 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday is the real factor for team 2.

Gladiator or Superman cant compete and just throwing in Hulk and Grundy as support make this outcome clear.

#30 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Doomsday have any speed feats? Any on panel nano second reaction feats?

#31 Posted by Omniscience (313 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator will blitz WWH whilst DD will go straight for superman. Solomon will get KOd unintentionally by anyone here. Doomsday will be striving against Superman, and probably winning, until Gladiator comes in to help. I see Gladiator and Superman taking him 6 or 7 times out of 10, regardless of the bloodlust.

#32 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman puts WWH down with one hand while puting Grundy down with the other . then joins with Glad to take out ddomsday

#33 Posted by darkelf35 (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday is the only REAL factor here. wwh is a bit overplayed especially against Superman

#34 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@GodDamnIronMan said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

@GodDamnIronMan said:

This is WWH we are talking about, it's alot stronger than 'Hulk'...

If WWH manages to launch a few punch on Gladiator, his confidence will drops, which means his power drops...therefore the point is, WWH gets punch, he will be angrier, and thus stronger...Gladiator won't...not to mention that Hulk has already beaten Gladiator. But since Gladiator has better speed feats, they pretty much cancel out each other. Which left Grundy & Doomsday vs Superman.

Gladiator's confidence doesn't drop just like that... Again. Now, You're 4th person with which I have this debate in last 3 days... Please read last page. I am tired of this. Hulk won't suprise Kallark, because Kallark already know that Hulk is very strong...

@NeonGameWave said:

@czarny_samael666:

Grundy will be down and out but WWH not so easily.

He can adapt and evolve but also will become 100% immune to what previously killed him. Doomsday will eventually overpower as well as overcome the abilities of both Gladiator and Superman. And that`s Doomsday alone, adding WWH and Grundy can be factors as well, ( Grundy not so much).

His confidence won`t drop instantly but can you prove why it won`t at least drop considerably in regards to a fight with a fully powered Doomsday?

I was serious about enlighting me about DD from H/P. I am sure that DOS DD isn't even on similar level of strength with Post-Blue Superman, WWHulk or Gladiator. Yet, IDK his feats from H/P. I have only heard about them. And DDs from last story of pre-FP Superman weren't impresive at all. They were made against certain enemies, but also were defeated in less spectacular way than Glad and Supe can give here. 

@ToO_RaW said:

Does Doomsday have any speed feats? Any on panel nano second reaction feats?

Exactly.
#35 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman tosses all three into orbit before they can react and then he and Gladiator heat-beam WWH and Grundy to ashes and play ping-pong between the Earth and the moon with Doomsday until he is finally overcome by physical trauma.

If that takes too long they drop-kick him into the sun and play ping-pong with him inside the sun until he dies. They could do that to all three actually.

#36 Posted by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666: He was as powerful as he was during that storyline my points made earlier about during the DOS Doomsday correlate to the HP Doomsday in which all feats as well as abilities apply and Doomsday was able to survive Darkseid`s Omega Beams as he also defeated him with ease. The problem is Doomsday kept getting stronger from that point and Superman couldn`t deal with him at all. Doomsday also defeated the Justice League with one hand tied behind his back that alone shows how powerful he is. Radiant had problems with Doomsday as well and even Superman although receiving help from more powerful forces was still unable to defeat him. That`s why I don`t see how Gladiator can do anything, Doomsday will just keep getting stronger and stronger he probably could solo. That`s more plausible than the idea of Superman or Gladiator soloing.

#37 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 wins in the first round

Team 1 wins in the second round

#38 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonGameWave
1.OB =/= brute force, so it isn't example about which I was asking.
2.Radiant used energy projection.
3.Can You show me how fast DD will comeback? Because if he won't do it in seconds, than one death is enough. 
4.Can You show me DD reaction speed feats? Superman already showed that DD is slwoer than he is.
5.Do they use nanosecond reaction speed in fight against him? Or planet level strength?
#39 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me get this straight, two people who will struggle to catch the boys in blue and doomsday? I like the Hulk, I really do, but the poor guy is going to get KO'd real quick once Gladiator tells supes what he can do and they team up on him to remove him before he becomes a problem. Doomsday has never become immune to just getting the living crapola beaten out of him via good old fisticuffs, and Grundy is really just not fast enough to be a problem unless the capes were being stupid that day.

#40 Posted by MorganFreeman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 takes both rounds. Hulk has beaten Gladiator before. And while World War Hulk and Solomon are going to be demolished by Superman, Doomsday will finish the job with their support, and I use support very lightly.

#41 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@MorganFreeman said:

Team 2 takes both rounds. Hulk has beaten Gladiator before. And while World War Hulk and Solomon are going to be demolished by Superman, Doomsday will finish the job with their support, and I use support very lightly.

Hulk has to exploit Gladiator's radiation weakness to win. Plus it wasn't morlas-off glaidator, who will use nanosecond reaction speed.
#42 Edited by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666:

1. Yes but my point is that it won`t put down Doomsday

2. Yes but my point still stands, even he couldn`t get rid of Doomsday

3. Now that`s a good point but Doomsday`s durability should help him and he will come back fast enough but it depends on which method was used to kill him

4. Even if Superman`s faster it still doesn`t change the fact that Doomsday is more durable and endurant.

5. None of that will matter for an opponent like Doomsday and you have to factor in WWH as well.

#43 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonGameWave
1.I never said that they will win with DD by their HV. Since some point I've asked clearley about strength-durability feats.
2.Ok, but it is irrelevant to the fight, since we're not talking about any kind of energy projection here.
3.Brute force of course.
4.It will be hard to prove.
5.It will matter, until You will prove that DD can take such a punishment and that he is fast enough to be compared to Gladiator and Superman. He needs clear nanosecond reaction feat and clear planet level feats of durability and strength. If he doesn't, then out of character Gladiator can solo him, while WWHulk and Grundy are in that round nothing more than a dust for him.
#44 Edited by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666:

1. I'm talking about sheer force in general. I answered your question and his fight with Superman alone shows how impressive he is in regards to durability and strength.

2. The point is that a powerful being like him had a hard time and regardless brute force won't do any better.

3. Doubt it. He single-handely defeated the Justice League and neither Darksied nor Superman could put him down, brute force isn't enough.

4. I already explained why.

#45 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

#46 Posted by ToO_RaW (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

That is an amazing graphic. =)

#47 Posted by LordVulcan (209 posts) - - Show Bio

i am going with sups and glad...

#48 Edited by HellionVulcan (3803 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 using their speed strength & heat vision they can take this as they don't have to stand still & brawl with them so it puts the fight in their favor ..

Taking about his fathers powers & feats

Lets say it this was seen & not just mentioned would any body even question Gladiator in this fight ? he'd probably solo it .

#49 Posted by dondave (37955 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 ftw

#50 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonGameWave said:

@czarny_samael666:

1. I'm talking about sheer force in general. I answered your question and his fight with Superman alone shows how impressive he is in regards to durability and strength.

2. The point is that a powerful being like him had a hard time and regardless brute force won't do any better.

3. Doubt it. He single-handely defeated the Justice League and neither Darksied nor Superman could put him down, brute force isn't enough.

4. I already explained why.

1.But I'm not. I've didn't say that Glad/Supe can take him by energy projection, because I know DD already have evolved to EP. My point is that he can't evolve to point in which he will be immune to physical damage. Can You prove that he can, even since in all his appaerances (known to me) he was hurt by physical strength?
2.Brute Force already did better. 
3.But Superman did defeat him. And not only Superman, since we've seen group of Doomsdays defeated whne DD-killer come to Earth and wanted to destroy it. 
4.You said that he is, but  I want to see scans that proves that he has nanosecond reaction speed. 

P.S. You have to know, that according to Darkseid's fans, is was just an avatar and not real Darkseid. IDK, I will ask later others about it. Yet, I would like to see it.
P.P.S Winning with Superman =/= winning with out-of-character Superman/Gladiator.