Superior Spiderman vs Jack The Ripper(Luther Strode)

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Winner by KO, Incapacitation or Death

In character

Random encounter

Fight takes place at an unpopulated city block at night

Who'd win ?

wkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I give it to Spider-Man

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

This is really close. Jack the Ripper definitely has this in speed, but this should be a great fight. 5/10 for both.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Morals on, I'd give it to Jack

Morals off, I'd say SpOck.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Otto still wins.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

huh....not really sure who wins here...

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUMP

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for justanotheromnipotentguy12
Justanotheromnipotentguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack isn't any faster than Otto. SpOck kicks hit booty.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpOck

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

SpOck one shots.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SpOck one shots.

I wish Cadence was here to see this.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

SpOck one shots.

He'll always be with our spirits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll go with Jack

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

SpOck one shots.

Actually Cadence thought that Jack wasn't any faster than Luther. I think he would have thought SpOck wins this too.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@wolverine08 said:

@comicstooge said:

SpOck one shots.

He'll always be with our spirits.

No Caption Provided

But.... I miss him!

I like to think Cadence is out on the Vine somewhere, plotting our downfall.

The mods will be the first to taste his vengeance.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Know that I think about it. In a random encounter Jack the Ripper can take the win.

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Care to debate this one? I say Jack wins.

There isn't any real disparity in speed, if anything I'd actually say Jack is faster. There's his mall feat which is ridiculous in terms of speed and skill. He's speedblitzed Luther Strode on occasion, and he's even moved so fast that he appeared as nothing but dust to Strode. He's also had machine bullets fired at him from a few feet away, from behind a door, and he still dodged them despite not seeing the shooter or knowing she was about to shoot him. So he reacted based off of his insanely acute senses, opposed to something like move reading.

In terms of skill I'd say he blows Otto out the water, between putting Luther down with pressure points, close to stomping him in some fights by virtue of skill, leaving hundreds of people in a mall cut open and left barely alive faster than any of them could reach the exit. That in combination with his knives, move reading and meat vision should allow him to take SpOck's head/most important organs out without much bother.

Sure, if Ock gets his hands on Jack it might end in him being knocked out, but I'd argue that it's more likely that Jack out-fights and kills Ock for a majority.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Care to debate this one? I say Jack wins.

There isn't any real disparity in speed, if anything I'd actually say Jack is faster. There's his mall feat which is ridiculous in terms of speed and skill. He's speedblitzed Luther Strode on occasion, and he's even moved so fast that he appeared as nothing but dust to Strode. He's also had machine bullets fired at him from a few feet away, from behind a door, and he still dodged them despite not seeing the shooter or knowing she was about to shoot him. So he reacted based off of his insanely acute senses, opposed to something like move reading.

In terms of skill I'd say he blows Otto out the water, between putting Luther down with pressure points, close to stomping him in some fights by virtue of skill, leaving hundreds of people in a mall cut open and left barely alive faster than any of them could reach the exit. That in combination with his knives, move reading and meat vision should allow him to take SpOck's head/most important organs out without much bother.

Sure, if Ock gets his hands on Jack it might end in him being knocked out, but I'd argue that it's more likely that Jack out-fights and kills Ock for a majority.

Eh the mall feat isn't really quantifiable as we don't know how long it took for Petra and Luther to get there.

Its a tough fight, but I say SpOck wins, and this is from someone who frankly doesn't like him and adores Luther Strode.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

Eh the mall feat isn't really quantifiable as we don't know how long it took for Petra and Luther to get there.

That's not how I measure it, though - although, considering how quickly Luther can travel when he wants to (as if he's teleporting to the human eye) it's still impressive that Luther was smelling blood before he had even entered the mall and that when they got inside, Jack had spent time decorating them around fountains, pinning them to walls ect. I measure it by the fact not one person was fast enough to actually leave the mall, and Jack didn't even leave one person dead, but all of them barely alive.

Its a tough fight, but I say SpOck wins, and this is from someone who frankly doesn't like him and adores Luther Strode.

Hmm, I agree, but I feel like Jack's skill and cutting damage would be of more benefit than SpOck's strength and webbing.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

That's not how I measure it, though - although, considering how quickly Luther can travel when he wants to (as if he's teleporting to the human eye) it's still impressive that Luther was smelling blood before he had even entered the mall and that when they got inside, Jack had spent time decorating them around fountains, pinning them to walls ect. I measure it by the fact not one person was fast enough to actually leave the mall, and Jack didn't even leave one person dead, but all of them barely alive.

Fair enough. I guess.

TBF though I think Luther's Super-Speed is notable over short distances. He did fail to catch the van when Binder kidnapped Petra.

Hmm, I agree, but I feel like Jack's skill and cutting damage would be of more benefit than SpOck's strength and webbing.

We could CAV it sometime :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

TBF though I think Luther's Super-Speed is notable over short distances. He did fail to catch the van when Binder kidnapped Petra.

Ah, this is true. He did a fair job of keeping up with it but then he tripped.

We could CAV it sometime :P

Perhaps we could, after I'm done stomping @comicstooge ;D

Although Jack isn't rolling in feats so I'd need to space out how many I post.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jashro44

@i_like_swords:

Care to debate this one? I say Jack wins.

I'll give it a shot.

I agree speed is about even. SpOck has been able to dodge shots from light master and only got tagged because his focus was split with other enemies, he managed to stomp punisher which was pretty impressive as well (he did it twice but the second time was with bullet proof webbing). He also managed to blitz the wizard, klaw, and "superior" carnage and was doing a good job at avoiding there attacks until klaw used an area of effect one:

I can upload the full fight if you want.
I can upload the full fight if you want.

This is true however I would say that spider-sense balances it out. I know Jack has the move reading but I think spider-sense is a bit better. Its allowed Otto to dodge a attack from anti-matter electro for example which he wasn't expecting. Another thing I think SpOck has in his favor is I am not sure if Jack can cut him. Towards the end of his run Otto showed bullet proof webbing. What I mean is this:

He also had Carbonadium plating in the back of his skull. So Otto can make it difficult for Jack to cut him. That and Otto does have experience fighting martial artists with spider-powers. The fights which come to mind are the wolverine one (which is PIS admittedly) and he also disarmed taskmaster pretty easily.

I think Otto can win due to strength, and webbing. All though I do see a difficult fight.

life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Speed seems pretty even. Some of Jack's speed feats come off as better but that's probably because there's some skill involved in them as well.

This is true however I would say that spider-sense balances it out. I know Jack has the move reading but I think spider-sense is a bit better. Its allowed Otto to dodge a attack from anti-matter electro for example which he wasn't expecting. Another thing I think SpOck has in his favor is I am not sure if Jack can cut him. Towards the end of his run Otto showed bullet proof webbing. What I mean is this:

He also had Carbonadium plating in the back of his skull. So Otto can make it difficult for Jack to cut him. That and Otto does have experience fighting martial artists with spider-powers. The fights which come to mind are the wolverine one (which is PIS admittedly) and he also disarmed taskmaster pretty easily.

Yeah, reaction speed seems to be on-par too. People used to think Luther/Jack had precog when really it was a combination of move reading and insane senses, which is kind of as good as precog to be honest.

That is pretty useful and not something I knew about SpOck. Although a knife has more cutting damage than bullets it would still make life hard for Jack, and the carbonadium plating does help too. Still, it might not be SpOck's first idea to bust out bullet proof webbing against a knife, especially if it may not help him in the long run. Also, I think Jack can at least take some of SpOcks punches without going down, for example after being slammed into the ground by Luther hard enough to form a crater, and then being thrown around some more off-panel, all it did was make Jack angry.

And he's actually been hit by Luther square in the face hard enough for his neck to snap, but he healed instantly and just snapped Luther's arm in response.

Luther isn't as strong as SpOck, granted, but he tends to get maximum results out of his strikes because of his meat vision, like when he vaporizes skulls with his strikes, targets weak areas on the body like the eyes, groin and breaks bones.

Disarming Taskmaster is pretty impressive, but Jack is highly skilled in his own right with a blade and considerably faster than Tasky. For instance, in his first encounter with Luther he was pretty easily stomping him in terms of skill, and he speedblitzed him with a knife so skillfully that he managed to slash a complex pattern into Luther's torso, just for kicks:

I think Otto can win due to strength, and webbing. All though I do see a difficult fight.

I agree. I think both of them are going up against threats they aren't really used to. It's an interesting scenario anyway.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I don't think the thumbnails for my scans showed up but if you click where they would be they pop up.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I don't think the thumbnails for my scans showed up but if you click where they would be they pop up.

Yea I've had that problem as well.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack the Ripper

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jashro44

@i_like_swords:

Speed seems pretty even. Some of Jack's speed feats come off as better but that's probably because there's some skill involved in them as well.

Fair enough.

Yeah, reaction speed seems to be on-par too. People used to think Luther/Jack had precog when really it was a combination of move reading and insane senses, which is kind of as good as precog to be honest.

I would say SpOck has the edge in reactions due to spider-sense. Here are the scans of the electro instance I brought up but he managed to avoid it with no warning

Body reading could possibly be an equalizer.

That is pretty useful and not something I knew about SpOck. Although a knife has more cutting damage than bullets it would still make life hard for Jack, and the carbonadium plating does help too. Still, it might not be SpOck's first idea to bust out bullet proof webbing against a knife, especially if it may not help him in the long run.

Possibly but keep in mind that punisher was shooting a sniper bullet at him point blank and it did nothing. I imagine at least Jack would have some problems cutting Otto. Thrown in with the fact that at times spider-sense has told Peter which way to twist his body it is possible to reduce slashes in the past:

No Caption Provided

I know this is Peter and not SpOck however it has been stated the spider-sense does do somethings subconsciously. So I would need to look to see if Otto did twist his body with a blow, I do think it could help him re angle his body to reduce the damage at least a bit.

Also, I think Jack can at least take some of SpOcks punches without going down, for example after being slammed into the ground by Luther hard enough to form a crater, and then being thrown around some more off-panel, all it did was make Jack angry.

And he's actually been hit by Luther square in the face hard enough for his neck to snap, but he healed instantly and just snapped Luther's arm in response.

Luther isn't as strong as SpOck, granted, but he tends to get maximum results out of his strikes because of his meat vision, like when he vaporizes skulls with his strikes, targets weak areas on the body like the eyes, groin and breaks bones.

At first he should be able to but once SpOck sees he has a healing factor and realizes Jack is trying to kill him I think he will stop holding back. At that point I don't think Jack can really take hits from SpOck. I mean when SpOck punched deadpool he took deadpool out in 2 hits. Other showings of spider-mans striking power would be him ripping apart iron man 2020's armor after he punched it so hard when it went into a building the building came down on top of him (iron man 2020 was weaker due to time travel but surviving a building collapse on him is impressive), spider-man has sent cars off the ground and caused massive punches as a result of punching venom, he ripped apart scorpions armor which tanked terminal velocity, etc.

I can upload scans if needed.

Disarming Taskmaster is pretty impressive, but Jack is highly skilled in his own right with a blade and considerably faster than Tasky. For instance, in his first encounter with Luther he was pretty easily stomping him in terms of skill, and he speedblitzed him with a knife so skillfully that he managed to slash a complex pattern into Luther's torso, just for kicks:

Fair point but I mostly referenced those fights to show SpOck does have experience fighting skilled fighters with great success. Jack hasn't really fought anyone like SpOck to my knowledge so Otto should have an edge in experience. I know Luther is fast however he isn't quite as agile as spider-man or mobile (Spider-mans wall crawling ability can be helpful). And if I am not mistaken Luther does tank a good deal of damage in his fights unlike Otto so there fighting styles are different. Otto also has various tech weapons like his claws or spider-legs in his back (the legs can give him some decent reach and also surprise Jack possibly). Jack is going to need to adapt on the fly whereas Otto has at least faced some of Jacks advantages before (healing, skill, bladed weapons, etc). He may not have fought all the advantages Jack has collectively and all at once, he has faced them at some point in his career.