• 57 results
#1 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

Random Encounter in New York both are blood lusted.

#2 Posted by jashro44 (20545 posts) - - Show Bio

At first I thought it was spite then I remembered aquaman in the new 52 can be hurt by piercing damage...Otto could win. Not sure if he would but he could.

#4 Posted by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey should win this

#5 Posted by dondave (35990 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#6 Edited by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

gotta say otto ftw maybe 7/10. I hhave all superior spidermans so far and I have to say that otto is an absolute beast.hes a prep master having prepped for the sinister six within an hour or two and beating them with beyond ease.reacted to speed demon who was punching him "hundreds of times in a fraction of a second". he Is already always bloodlusted so that doesn't help and has very impressive tech. like jashroo said aquaman has been hurt by piercing damage and otto is also a very effective fighter from the 8 issues there are right now. in avenging spiderman he built an anti- quantum field generator to defeat an upgraded electro within minutes. aquaman definitely has the edge strength, durability, and fish talking wise, but imo he cant deal with otto's speed, smarts, tech, and especially his bloodlust.IMO otto wins because of that, but AM isn't a chump though, he could still win a couple.(btw i'm new here obviously and im in the debate club and want someone to debate with if u see any flaw with my opinion just say :D)

#7 Posted by Lvenger (19102 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman does have the strength advantage but SpOck is faster, more agile, willing to use lethal measures and does have claws which might be capable of piercing Aquaman. Nonetheless, I think I might go with Aquaman in this random encounter.

#8 Edited by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman should win. He is underrated.

#9 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Lvenger (19102 posts) - - Show Bio

@mortium: He's able to send Superman flying in the New 52. That's not enough to qualify as going against Superman. It is a good striking feat though.

#11 Posted by Killemall (18478 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman does have other powers specially if he is close to water. But this is closer atm than what it should be. I have no doubt given time, Aquaman is going to look superior than Spiderman in all aspect, but as of now pretty close.

Leaning towards Aquaman though, i feel it would be easier for Aquaman to rip the moisture out of Honey Badger (aka Dr. Ock) rather than Ock trying to take him down with piercing damage.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (19102 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: No version has been specified so isn't it supposed to be current versions of each? New 52 Aquaman vs SpOck? I don't think Aquaman has his water hand powers in the New 52.

#13 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11987 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman does have other powers specially if he is close to water. But this is closer atm than what it should be. I have no doubt given time, Aquaman is going to look superior than Spiderman in all aspect, but as of now pretty close.

But yeah I agree, also, Aquaman's durability and experience with opponents with technological advantages and sharp weapons (Black Manta) should be noted.

#14 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5008 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman is no doubt powerful but Spidey could possibly beat him.

#15 Posted by Killemall (18478 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@killemall: No version has been specified so isn't it supposed to be current versions of each? New 52 Aquaman vs SpOck? I don't think Aquaman has his water hand powers in the New 52.

Yes i would assume the most recent version.

I was not talking about water hand, i was more talking about his ability to manipulate water, as well as call upon sea creatures for the fight. After all that was the first trick that impressed JLA.

#16 Edited by Lvenger (19102 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Yes i would assume the most recent version.

I was not talking about water hand, i was more talking about his ability to manipulate water, as well as call upon sea creatures for the fight. After all that was the first trick that impressed JLA.

New 52 Aquaman can manipulate water? I thought that was his wife's shtick :P

#17 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

It could go either way.

#18 Posted by Stronger (4948 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stomps...

He is like an 100 tonner....

#19 Edited by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: doesn't really matter if your opponent is(A) a lot faster than you(too fast for aquaman too hit without plot) (B) a HECK of a lot smarter(C) has piercing damage (aka his claws that have nano spider tracers but otto doesn't need them), (D) a lot more ruthless(beats villans practically to death on a constant basis and stuffed 2 guys in a car trunk then wrecked the car because they were making fun of a midget lady and killed massacre without even thinking about it twice)(E)is better at tactics/ planning people's fall, even on the fly (F) has amazing tech and 800 spiders IN HIS OWN CITY to help out and distract aqua man(G)they're fighting in new York where the nearest source of water is the Aquafina in a random guy's backpack running away and finally (H) has different types of webbing that can restrain the hulk,thing, and ms. marvel and finally (I) is wearing you down while your need to hydrate is getting more desperate and he is just fine, and he is keeping you from water and making you fight. so lets review: spidey has all the advantages while aquaman has strength and probably durability but they will soon go down as his need for water goes up and when his durability goes down just enough for otto to take him down, otto will get the knock out punch when he has webbed AM in place. anyways peter would have been a more fair fight but otto truly is just "superior". I give otto a solid 8/10 majority. the 2 r in case AM gets a lucky punch or pete distracts otto

#21 Posted by jashro44 (20545 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards Aquaman though, i feel it would be easier for Aquaman to rip the moisture out of Honey Badger (aka Dr. Ock) rather than Ock trying to take him down with piercing damage.

Has he been shown to do that yet?

#22 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

I think ock could conceivably beat Aquaman through use of some unconventional means...but id still give a majority to AM

#23 Posted by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

@stronger: doesn't really matter if your opponent is(A) a lot faster than you(too fast for aquaman too hit without plot) (B) a HECK of a lot smarter(C) has piercing damage (aka his claws that have nano spider tracers but otto doesn't need them), (D) a lot more ruthless(beats villans practically to death on a constant basis and stuffed 2 guys in a car trunk then wrecked the car because they were making fun of a midget lady and killed massacre without even thinking about it twice)(E)is better at tactics/ planning people's fall, even on the fly (F) has amazing tech and 800 spiders IN HIS OWN CITY to help out and distract aqua man(G)they're fighting in new York where the nearest source of water is the Aquafina in a random guy's backpack running away and finally (H) has different types of webbing that can restrain the hulk,thing, and ms. marvel and finally (I) is wearing you down while your need to hydrate is getting more desperate and he is just fine, and he is keeping you from water and making you fight. so lets review: spidey has all the advantages while aquaman has strength and probably durability but they will soon go down as his need for water goes up and when his durability goes down just enough for otto to take him down, otto will get the knock out punch when he has webbed AM in place. anyways peter would have been a more fair fight but otto truly is just "superior". I give otto a solid 8/10 majority. the 2 r in case AM gets a lucky punch or pete distracts otto

Aquaman doesn't need to be constantly hydrated he is perfectly capable of surviving and fighting without water. Also Ock's ruthlessness isn't really a factor in this fight considering that both are bloodlusted. In the new 52 Aquaman was scene dodging attacks from Wonder Woman who is significantly faster than Spider-man. Ocks speed advantage comes only from his Spider-sense. Aquaman probably has his trident as well seeing as this is a random encounter, a trident stab to center-mass, neck or head would almost certainly end the the fight right there. As for strength feats in the fourth issue of his ongoing Aquaman stabs the bottom of the trench so hard he triggers a volcanic eruption and then seals the trench shut with his bare hands! I say Aquaman wins.

#24 Edited by jashro44 (20545 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomyak: Scans of aquaman dodging wonder woman? All he did was punch her which doesn't really show speed.

#25 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stomps.

What's Superior Spider-Man gonna do; Kill Aquaman to death with how smart he is?

Intellect will only get you so far in battle. Although he does possess above human senses (spidey senses), Doc Ock is still gettin used to being Spider-Man, and with AQ faced up against him. It'll be his first big battle, as to Aquaman who's faced far more superior fighters than Doc Ock as Spider-Man.

And if bloodlusted is on, Superior SPider-Man will only so much time to react to Aquaman's agile and prowess attacks.

#26 Edited by jashro44 (20545 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness said:

Aquaman stomps.

What's Superior Spider-Man gonna do; Kill Aquaman to death with how smart he is?

Intellect will only get you so far in battle. Although he does possess above human senses (spidey senses), Doc Ock is still gettin used to being Spider-Man, and with AQ faced up against him. It'll be his first big battle, as to Aquaman who's faced far more superior fighters than Doc Ock as Spider-Man.

And if bloodlusted is on, Superior SPider-Man will only so much time to react to Aquaman's agile and prowess attacks.

He can use his claws to scratch aquaman. We know he can hurt him so thats not an issue. And aquaman is not Ottos first major fight (He's fought wolverine, Deathshead, cardiac, etc). I also disagree that Otto wont be able to react to Aquaman. He is faster and he does have spider-sense.

Not saying superior wins but he has a chance from what I have seen.

EDIT: Assuming this is New 52 aquaman. If its pre 52 he slaughters I agree.

#27 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 If Pre-52 Version, Superior Spider-Man has literally no chance of stopping Aquaman whatsoever.

But if they don't apply the versions of the characters, then it's usually of the current continuity. However, I also think New 52 Aquaman is far more superior than Doc Ock as Spider-Man in every aspect.

#28 Posted by jashro44 (20545 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: I agree with you about pre 52. He would win pretty easily. But I don't believe new 52 is as fast or agile as suepioer is and he isn't immune to superior's claws. If you think he wins thats fine but I think saying he is better in every way is a bit much but to each his own.

#29 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@reefermadness: I agree with you about pre 52. He would win pretty easily. But I don't believe new 52 is as fast or agile as suepioer is and he isn't immune to superior's claws. If you think he wins thats fine but I think saying he is better in every way is a bit much but to each his own.

As to how New 52 Aquaman could be able to endure his claws, he has deflected high-caliber bullets at very close range multiple times, even deflecting those that were cracking the shield of Green Lantern's when the Justice League were getting shot at by choppers. These bullets will rip through any normal human being as to Superior Spider-Man's claws, that only scratched Boomerang who is considered a human as shown in this scan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now, that being said Aquaman is well above durable enough to withstand Superior Spider-Man's claws. He also does have his scale-mail suit made from artifacts of Atlantean, which Ock will have to tear apart first. Although he was able to rip open Boomerang's power suit, I don't think he'll be able to get through Aquaman's (unless I see a scan proving otherwise) Here are just a few of the scans that exemplify New 52 Aquaman's tough skin durability.

#30 Posted by jashro44 (20545 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: That scan you posted is from suepioer spider-man #1 and back then Peter was influencing ocks actions to prevent him from killing and boomerang wasn't cut because he moved back from the slash. His claws have 10 tons of force so they will likely have more penetration then bullets. He isn't getting by the chain mail all though scratches to the face could damage aquaman.

I will say aquaman wins but I think Otto is capable of damaging him.

#31 Posted by VeganDiet (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Also, SpOck's purpose wasn't to damage Boomerang there, it was to plant those nano-spider tracers.

#32 Posted by jashro44 (20545 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Also, SpOck's purpose wasn't to damage Boomerang there, it was to plant those nano-spider tracers.

True. I had forgotten about that.

#33 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@reefermadness: That scan you posted is from suepioer spider-man #1 and back then Peter was influencing ocks actions to prevent him from killing and boomerang wasn't cut because he moved back from the slash. His claws have 10 tons of force so they will likely have more penetration then bullets. He isn't getting by the chain mail all though scratches to the face could damage aquaman.

I will say aquaman wins but I think Otto is capable of damaging him.

What makes you think Aquaman won't do the same? He's far more faster and agile than Boomerang, and for him to dodge the strike of Superior Spider-Man makes it all that much more convincing that Aquaman could dodge his attacks. His leaping prowess also proves that he is accustomed to fast reactions, reflexes, and great amount of speed.

#34 Edited by jashro44 (20545 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: Spock was just hit by a boomerang so the injury may have slowed him down. It took him a while to stand up IIRC. He isn't faster then someone who can dodge a lightning bolt when they aren't expecting it. And as vegan diet said Spock wasn't even trying to damage boomerang there.

#35 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:

@reefermadness: Spock was just hit by a boomerang so the injury may have slowed him down. It took him a while to stand up IIRC. He isn't faster then someone who can dodge a lightning bolt when they aren't expecting it. And as vegan diet said Spock wasn't even trying to damage boomerang there.

True, he was trying to just inject the nano-tracers into him, but it was evident that Spider Ock was accustomed to using his spidey senses to be agile enough to do so. I mean it's not like he was standing on one hand when he did this and was clearly trying to get in a strike.

#36 Edited by jashro44 (20545 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: He likely didn't want to kill boomerang because if he did he wouldn't have had the nano tracers on the sinister 6. And then there is also the fact later in the issue Otto is about to kill boomerang but Peter stops him so for all we know Peter forced him to not use a lethal strike.

Aquaman can win and likely would but not because of speed or agility.

#37 Edited by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. He is too strong, and too durable. Otto's speed and agility should make it a good fight.

#38 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomyak said:

@batnorris said:

Aquaman doesn't need to be constantly hydrated he is perfectly capable of surviving and fighting without water. Also Ock's ruthlessness isn't really a factor in this fight considering that both are bloodlusted. In the new 52 Aquaman was scene dodging attacks from Wonder Woman who is significantly faster than Spider-man. Ocks speed advantage comes only from his Spider-sense. Aquaman probably has his trident as well seeing as this is a random encounter, a trident stab to center-mass, neck or head would almost certainly end the the fight right there. As for strength feats in the fourth issue of his ongoing Aquaman stabs the bottom of the trench so hard he triggers a volcanic eruption and then seals the trench shut with his bare hands! I say Aquaman wins.

Is post 52 Wonder Woman that much faster than Spider Man in a fight?

#39 Posted by Killemall (18478 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

Has he been shown to do that yet?

He hasnt, his wife has, i thought their power sets were identical.

#40 Posted by Saren (25574 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Aquaman doesn't have Mera's hydrokinesis.

Moderator Online
#41 Posted by Killemall (18478 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Aquaman doesn't have Mera's hydrokinesis.

I realised that after Lvenger corrected me. I initially thought that was standard power set for everone in Atlantis :p

#42 Posted by venomyak (1443 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@venomyak: Scans of aquaman dodging wonder woman? All he did was punch her which doesn't really show speed.

Sorry I don't have the scans and I don't know where to find them. I remember seeing them a few weeks back.

#43 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomyak: @jashro44: Does this help?

Aquaman withstanding Batman's firepower and punching Superman unconscious without warning.
Aquaman taking on Wonder Woman and displaying his superiority as he takes on a powerhouse like WW.
Fight turned out to be a draw as Wonder Woman launches AQ into one of the ships at the harbor and Ocean Master shocking Batman/imprisoning the Trinity including Aquaman.

#44 Posted by Lvenger (19102 posts) - - Show Bio

@reefermadness: One correction. He didn't knock Superman out cold. He sent him flying with a sucker punch. Considering New 52 Superman has tangled with far more powerful beings than Aquaman, there's little chance Aquaman can KO him, even with a sucker punch.

#45 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

gotta say otto ftw maybe 7/10. I hhave all superior spidermans so far and I have to say that otto is an absolute beast.hes a prep master having prepped for the sinister six within an hour or two and beating them with beyond ease.reacted to speed demon who was punching him "hundreds of times in a fraction of a second". he Is already always bloodlusted so that doesn't help and has very impressive tech. like jashroo said aquaman has been hurt by piercing damage and otto is also a very effective fighter from the 8 issues there are right now. in avenging spiderman he built an anti- quantum field generator to defeat an upgraded electro within minutes. aquaman definitely has the edge strength, durability, and fish talking wise, but imo he cant deal with otto's speed, smarts, tech, and especially his bloodlust.IMO otto wins because of that, but AM isn't a chump though, he could still win a couple.(btw i'm new here obviously and im in the debate club and want someone to debate with if u see any flaw with my opinion just say :D)

LOL that fish talking edge shouldn't be underestimated.

#46 Edited by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@reefermadness: One correction. He didn't knock Superman out cold. He sent him flying with a sucker punch. Considering New 52 Superman has tangled with far more powerful beings than Aquaman, there's little chance Aquaman can KO him, even with a sucker punch.

When I meant by "without warning" it also means in some sense, "a sucker punch". Now, Supes has taken on superhumans with exceptional strength and far more superiority over Aquaman. In the panel, Aquaman clearly knocked Supes unconscious for a little bit while he was flying across the water (eyes and brain activities seems to be shut down). This being said, Aquaman definitely proves to others that he is able to take on powerhouses such as Supes and Wonder Woman.

#47 Posted by Lvenger (19102 posts) - - Show Bio

When I meant by "without warning" it also means in some sense, "a sucker punch". Now, Supes has taken on superhumans with exceptional strength and far more superiority over Aquaman. In the panel, Aquaman clearly knocked Supes unconscious for a little bit while he was flying across the water (eyes and brain activities seems to be shut down). This being said, Aquaman definitely proves to others that he is able to take on powerhouses such as Supes and Wonder Woman.

Are you kidding me? That's not out cold, that's just stunning him. If Superman can withstand a backhand from Helspont that gives him a concussion, keep some level of superhuman durability after being exposed to red sunlight and withstand hits from Darkseid, I fail to see how Aquaman can hit as hard as that. Like I said, that punch only stunned him, knocked the wind out of him. It is very unlikely that Aquaman can KO Superman, even temporarily.

#48 Posted by Raw_Material (3212 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

@reefermadness said:

Are you kidding me? That's not out cold, that's just stunning him. If Superman can withstand a backhand from Helspont that gives him a concussion, keep some level of superhuman durability after being exposed to red sunlight and withstand hits from Darkseid, I fail to see how Aquaman can hit as hard as that. Like I said, that punch only stunned him, knocked the wind out of him. It is very unlikely that Aquaman can KO Superman, even temporarily.

Lol! It clearly shows that Supes is half unconscious (eyes closed and seems pretty shut down to me). I never said that he was knocked out cold, but Aquaman had the ability to rock him for couple seconds messing up his equilibrium. Here's somewhat of Aquaman's punching prowess as he takes out a mountain and punches right through it.

#49 Posted by New_World_Order (12924 posts) - - Show Bio

He's too strong for Superior Spider-Man.

He has pulled ships, and lifted cruise ships.

#50 Edited by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd guess either an even split or Ock wins 6/10