"Superior" Spider-Man vs Superior Spider-Man

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

I finally read Kraven's last hunt, regarded as the best Kraven story out there. He proved he was "A Superior Spider-Man". I thought the Doc Ock idea was original which is kind of dissapointing, but atleast he actually took Peter's body.

No Caption Provided

R1:

• Kraven is wearing the black Spider-suit, and webshooters.
  • Doc Ock has standard gear, No Spider-bots
  • Takes place within a generic 4 block city radius.
  • Out of sight
  • 300 feet away

R2:

• Current Kraven w/ all of his current gear and poisons.
  • Doc Ock has Standard Gear, 3 Spider-bots
  • Takes place within an generic 8 block city radius.
  • Out of sight
  • 448.35 feet away
Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

I was surprised by that as well but Kravem did don a black Spiderman suit to prove he could be a better Spiderman. Doctor Spider take this

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If Kraven is dressing up as spider-man and only has web shooters Otto should win. He physically out classes Kraven and he won't hesitate to kill him.

Leaning towards Otto, as I said he probably wont hesitate to kill Kraven.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpOck should take both fights in a good battle.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjawarrior268: @laflux: @jashro44: First round is Kraven that gave into the Spider and got a mimicry of Spider-Man's powers.

He mimicked Spider-Man's powers but that didn't mean he was at his level. His feats as Spider-Man was limited mostly to brutalizing Thugs.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spock

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@laflux said:

@pr0metheus said:

@ninjawarrior268: @laflux: @jashro44: First round is Kraven that gave into the Spider and got a mimicry of Spider-Man's powers.

He mimicked Spider-Man's powers but that didn't mean he was at his level. His feats as Spider-Man was limited mostly to brutalizing Thugs.

I know. Thats why I said mimiced and not copied, He'll be above his base stats by at the very least a peg.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kraven

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@pr0metheus said:

He did also beat the crud out of Vermin. Previously to that it took both Spidey and Captain America to beat him

On the other hand though, Vermin was terrified of Kraven throughout the battle (because he thought he was fighting a more brutal Spider-Man). Also, as soon as he dug himself out of the grave Kraven planted him in Spidey also defeated Vermin solo.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spock.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll have to reread Kravens last hunt but I don't recall Kraven getting a stat boost....He just sort of dressed up as spider-man and filled in for him IIRC.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14  Edited By GraniteSoldier
  • SpOck most assuredly. Kraven has more impressive feats with his normal gear.
  • I'm leaning SpOck but Peter often showed great willpower to overcome Kraven's toxins to win. I don't find Ock to be made of the same intestinal fortitude. If Kraven can poison SpOck, he can win. I think SpOck's no-holds-barred nature will put Kraven down before it gets to that point though.

The thing is SpOck being in Peter's body means he can still kill Kraven, which is going to remove a lot of the healing and durability boosts Kraven's shown recently.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Otto

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpOck

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpOck is ruthless.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

SpOck should take both fights in a good battle.

Didn't Kraven walk all over Scarlet Spider?

Sort of. You could argue that it was due to the fact Kaine was holding back until the end, all though you could argue that Kraven was holding back since he wanted to die (despite kaine saying otherwise).

With that said comparing there fights to kaine doesn't work becausw Otto never had spider-sense against Kaine and he had grown dependent on it at that point.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I don't. Aside from skill Otto has every advantage.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jashro44

@theacidskull: Yea. Just about everything Otto has over Kraven as SpOck, physicals as well. The only thing which might be debatable is tactical ability.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@theacidskull: Yea. Just about everything Otto has over Kraven as SpOck, physicals as well. The only thing which might be debatable is tactical ability.

we can't be sure about physicals. Yes he's technically spider-man, but Kraven was walking all over Kaine. Yes we could say that Kaine held back but he could have put up more of a fight, even if he didn't want to kill Kraven. Also, that mind battle between ock and peter was such steaming pile of dog sh*t in terms of writing that It's not evidence :P

Kaine in general is a different fight than SpOck. Otto won't hold back at all because he probably knows Kraven wants to die, and if he doesn't Kraven will probably tell him. Otto also has that bullet proof webbing which basically makes him immune to stabbing damage as well which removes a lot of options from kraven.

As for the mental fight with Peter and Otto...It pissed me off at first admittedly all though rethinking about it most of Peters memories were gone anyhow so its not really much of a big deal. Peter couldn't remember who he was so it makes sense for Otto to beat him in that context I suppose.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter wasn't erased at that specific scene, his memories were still intact, but slott wrote him as a big man child who thought about letting a child die.

No he forgot who uncle Ben was before he fought Otto as spider-man. A lot of his memories were gone by that point. Not all but many of them.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@theacidskull said:

Peter wasn't erased at that specific scene, his memories were still intact, but slott wrote him as a big man child who thought about letting a child die.

No he forgot who uncle Ben was before he fought Otto as spider-man. A lot of his memories were gone by that point. Not all but many of them.

? I don't seem to recall that? this was before issue 9?

This was during issue 9 as he was fighting SpOck. Its at the page before he removes his face and decides to fight Otto as spider-man, he tries to remember his uncles name but he can't. Otto was erasing Peters memories during the fight which may have impacted him.

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Otto both rounds

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still, peter is still peter, that instinct doesn't just go away.

Peter gets his motivation from those he cares for. Thrown in with the fact that Otto used Peters guilt complex against him I don't find the instance impossible to except...Again it did annoy me a lot when I first read that scene but thinking about it now I think its alright...Could have been better.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jashro44

@theacidskull said:

@jashro44 said:

@theacidskull said:

still, peter is still peter, that instinct doesn't just go away.

Peter gets his motivation from those he cares for. Thrown in with the fact that Otto used Peters guilt complex against him I don't find the instance impossible to except...Again it did annoy me a lot when I first read that scene but thinking about it now I think its alright...Could have been better.

That's not reason enough for peter to collapse like a man child and start sobbing, it was ONE human thought that quickly ran through his mind, it's natural, and he never went through with it obviously, and peter could have used 100000000 more crimes against Otto.

Otto doesn't feel remorse for most of the stuff he did and Peter probably couldn't remember all the crimes Otto committed anyways. Honestly I don't think Peter collapsed just because of the thought of letting a child die but I also think it was as a result of losing all his memories and such. At the point where he collapsed and started crying he couldn't remember his name IIRC so he probably forgot everything else about himself. Which is something which I think would cause anyone to panic and break down (forgetting loved ones, things you like, basically everything that made you you). All that was really left at that point was mostly the guilt (since Otto reminded him of it) which resulted in him collapsing. Thats how I choose to interpret the scene all though maybe I'm in denial admittedly.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Otto admitted in the end of superior spider-man that Peter is the better hero. So we know that Peter is the actual superior spider-man.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By brainstorm01

krave

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Spock wins. Smarter, Actual Spider Sense & Spider Ock Arms help out a lot.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Spock wins. Smarter, Actual Spider Sense & Spider Ock Arms help out a lot.

He is really good with prep, but Kraven is alot better at working on his feet.

Kraven already knows how to get around the Spider-Sense, not to mention SpOck barely even uses it.

Kraven "killed" Spider-Man before he could barely even register what was happening.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: Nah, I'll still take OCK, especially round 2, those Spider Bots do a lot.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@lukehero said:

@pr0metheus: Nah, I'll still take OCK, especially round 2, those Spider Bots do a lot.

I just gave him Spider-bots because I doubt he could survive an Ambush.

Why if I can ask?

Edit: Sorry I ruined your high tier tournament. I was just joking :(

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: Pfft, No I don't want to win by breaking the rules. :D

Spider bots can do a crap load of things, they can scout, they have lasers, and they can do a whole bunch of other stuff.

In round 1, Kraven just has that suit & websuiters. Spock has better gear, and he should be stronger than Kraven & he has the Spock arms. He'll do fine. Plus can't spock just hack into the city's camera's to avoid the ambush?

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@pr0metheus: Pfft, No I don't want to win by breaking the rules. :D

Spider bots can do a crap load of things, they can scout, they have lasers, and they can do a whole bunch of other stuff.

In round 1, Kraven just has that suit & websuiters. Spock has better gear, and he should be stronger than Kraven & he has the Spock arms. He'll do fine. Plus can't spock just hack into the city's camera's to avoid the ambush?

I don't remember them having lasers. I only intended for them to be for survilence.

Spock never actually tagged anyone with the Ock arms. He used them 3 times. Once in combat where he missed every shot (or so it looked), to pick up a car, and them getting hacked and trying to kill civilians. I guess he could hack into the Cameras remotely, but if your refering to the part where he has access to every single computer/tv/etc, He could only let people see him and not vice versa. He had to ask people to help find the Hobgoblin and he was close by.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0metheus: Yah they have lasers, also they can make force fields. I'll have to go look back at the Sov vs Wardemon thread to be sure on the lasers though.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@pr0metheus: Yah they have lasers, also they can make force fields. I'll have to go look back at the Sov vs Wardemon thread to be sure on the lasers though.

I know about the forcefields and some other stuff. They need more to make a forcefield, a power source and it would make SpOck unable to move from the spot and let Kraven know exactly where he is.

It would hurt him worse to have a forcefield honestly. It just lets Kraven setup an ambush the moment the power source runs out.