start

#3 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey

#4 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2986 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#5 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man

#6 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Normally this would be a murder stomp. However, with the one week prep, I don't even know how much of a stomp this would be...

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#7 Edited by russellmania77 (15800 posts) - - Show Bio

robert downey jr

#8 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this current, mark 40? Just wondering

#9 Posted by 18hunt (2948 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen Spidey actually his iron,an so hard he broke the armor. I think he elbowed him in the face, he pwned him...

#10 Posted by Superbot400 (420 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really recall Spidey breaking Iron Man armor, and he was running away from Iron Man because he is outclass.

Superior Spider-man vs Iron Man comes down to Ock vs Tony. Ock has the edge nowdays due to outsmarting Tony, but you never know those.

#11 Edited by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg! Spider finally beats iron man! But seriously tony is really out classed here. In his first issue Spock already showed himself to be an absolute freakin prep beast. He prepped for the sinister six within an hour and beat them easily including speed demon. I say ock wins due to being the prepping superior( see what I did there?) and there in New York where he has like all his 800 robo spiders each capable of taking over and controlling an ultron robot( superior spiderman 6au if interested) and delivering a very serious shock all big threats to the suit if one out of all the eight hundred spiders in New York even makes contact with the suit , tonie's done. Ock wins due to simply out classing tony . Good match tho

#12 Edited by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#13 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony wins. He already starts out at a considerably higher level than Otto...and his prep feats are better.

#14 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony wins. He already starts out at a considerably higher level than Otto...and his prep feats are better.

#15 Posted by Erick_Williams (758 posts) - - Show Bio

#16 Edited by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

There are 2 important recent match ups to consider. One is in Fraction's run where the Sinister Six attack Stark Tower and Ock has Tony kind of helpless. And secondly, Ock did incapacitate Tony's armour via some tech stolen from Iron Man 2020's armour. It's all too possible this could swing in Ock's favour as well.

#17 Edited by Ninjablade09 (3193 posts) - - Show Bio

Ock. (I cant believe I'm saying that)

#18 Posted by dondave (38884 posts) - - Show Bio

Ock

#19 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@shawnbaby said:

There are 2 important recent match ups to consider. One is in Fraction's run where the Sinister Six attack Stark Tower and Ock has Tony kind of helpless. And secondly, Ock did incapacitate Tony's armour via some tech stolen from Iron Man 2020's armour. It's all too possible this could swing in Ock's favour as well.

Also important to consider is that Tony has already developed a Way to trick The Spider-Sense... and has even created his own version of it. Both of the recent matchups you are talking about are with Otto having prep Tony with no prep at all.

#20 Posted by Oscars94 (2620 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony wins with Prep. Seriously? He made a Hulk-Buster, Thor-Buster and even PHOENIX-Buster armor!

#21 Posted by Lvenger (21143 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@shawnbaby said:

Also important to consider is that Tony has already developed a Way to trick The Spider-Sense... and has even created his own version of it. Both of the recent matchups you are talking about are with Otto having prep Tony with no prep at all.

True there is that. I think Tony has more chance of winning too. Just playing devil's advocate since Ock has shown himself to be an efficient prepper to say the least. Good enough to take down the Avengers, take over the world and all that stuff. Of course Tony can just whip up a Spider-Man buster suit lol.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (25313 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

@shawnbaby said:

The first showing in Fractions run I haven't read but I have seen the scans. Otto had one sided prep and tricked iron man into using less then 1% of his armor in order to fight him and the other one during ends of the earth iron man was distracted because of thor was taken down IIRC.

#23 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg! Spider finally beats iron man! But seriously tony is really out classed here. In his first issue Spock already showed himself to be an absolute freakin prep beast. He prepped for the sinister six within an hour and beat them easily including speed demon. I say ock wins due to being the prepping superior( see what I did there?) and there in New York where he has like all his 800 robo spiders each capable of taking over and controlling an ultron robot( superior spiderman 6au if interested) and delivering a very serious shock all big threats to the suit if one out of all the eight hundred spiders in New York even makes contact with the suit , tonie's done. Ock wins due to simply out classing tony . Good match tho

Considering Peter has beaten The Sinister Six and The Sinister Syndicate (which both Speed Demon and Boomerang were members of) with no prep at all...it's not that impressive that Otto had to use prep to beat this overall inferior version of the Sinister Six. .

#24 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

Once sided in favor of Stark.

Give Spock prep and none to Iron Man and you might have something here. I'd give it to Spock in that scenario.

#25 Edited by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Tony should take Otto down.

#26 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: oh I see thanks for downgrading my prep feat ya jerk!! But do you have the scans? Did he just outright beat them physically? Ok I see that the only real threat was speed demon and proly boom but he wasn't forced for prepping for them, he just wasn't taking any chances and he took a point blank exploding boomerang to save the cop so he couldn't exactly chase them. When has iron man beaten 2 teams both with a speedster? And what about his robo spiders? In sup spidey # 6au ock is confronted by like a hundred ultron bots and ock calls in his spiders and just from contact they took over/controlled an ultron robot and that's just from 1 spider. Each are also capable of giving such a big shock that at one attached to a searchlight shocked it and made the light so powerful it blinded vulture at skyscraper height. Again that's just one. There are EIGHT HUNDRED in New York . I really feel for tony at with those odds. I mean I give ALOT of credit to tony the guy's a genius for making " hulk buster" armor that gets stomped by the hulk btw has any of ironman's buster's ever worked? Believe me it was a hard decision but in the end tony is just outmatched

#27 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@batnorris:

How Otto handled Speed Demon without Prep:

How Peter handled Speed Demon without Prep:

How Tony can deal with Ock's Spiders:

#28 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: hhhmmmmmmm...speed demon was too fast for his spider sense, not him. After he surprised him with a few hundred punches in a second (good showing for spiderman btw) ock reacts and gets away. He also reacted and shot a well aimed web line that hit him in a spot in his neck that closelined him and bruised his trachea.

What was that second scan supposed to show? I just see speed punching and circling spiderman then spiderman sticks out his fist and sends him flying, not really a feat for either.

Ooooh I see about 30-35 iron man suits half of which are old and crap. IMPRESSIVE! In that case ock can generously donate 200 spiders to take care of alla that....

Meanwhile spiderman is beating the living crap out iron man with his physical prowess and his own tech

#29 Edited by Dissonant_Ink (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron-Man.

Ock had prep against a prepless Tony. Tony also has better prep feats.

#30 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@batnorris said:

@shawnbaby: hhhmmmmmmm...speed demon was too fast for his spider sense, not him. After he surprised him with a few hundred punches in a second (good showing for spiderman btw) ock reacts and gets away. He also reacted and shot a well aimed web line that hit him in a spot in his neck that closelined him and bruised his trachea.

What was that second scan supposed to show? I just see speed punching and circling spiderman then spiderman sticks out his fist and sends him flying, not really a feat for either.

Ooooh I see about 30-35 iron man suits half of which are old and crap. IMPRESSIVE! In that case ock can generously donate 200 spiders to take care of alla that....

Meanwhile spiderman is beating the living crap out iron man with his physical prowess and his own tech

The First two scans show Spider-Man getting Blitzed by Speed Demon....the difference is where Otto Panics and Runs Away...Peter actually finds a way to win.

Spider-Man didn't beat the crap out of Iron Man. Spider-Man surprised Iron Man and then used a moment of confusion to escape. Also, That was Spider-Man when he had "The Other" Power set. Meaning he was much stronger than SpOck. The Next Match was entirely in Tony's Favour.

#31 Edited by IRS (458 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone is going to have to explain to me how Spiderman is considered a street level hero and at the same time have it argued that he can beat Iron Man.

#32 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@irs said:

Someone is going to have to explain to me how Spiderman is considered a street level hero and at the same time have it argued that he can beat Iron Man.

The same reason it can be argued that Batman can beat characters far above him. Prep.

However, in this situation, he's simply outmatched because Iron Man has prep of his own.

#33 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@irs said:

The same reason it can be argued that Batman can beat characters far above him. Prep.

However, in this situation, he's simply outmatched because Iron Man has prep of his own.

Although since Iron Man will think it's Peter Parker, he won't prep. He will think that he's way above him even without prep. That might be his down fall.

#34 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6445 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony

#35 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:
@shawnbaby said:

@irs said:

Although since Iron Man will think it's Peter Parker, he won't prep. He will think that he's way above him even without prep. That might be his down fall.

That's not true..Tony has already shown that he will use prep to beat Peter. If anyone is going to fall victim to arrogance...it's Otto.

#36 Edited by VeganDiet (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

This is barely a contest. Without one-sided prep for SpOck, Iron Man takes it rather handily.

#37 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:
@shawnbaby said:

@irs said:

That's not true..Tony has already shown that he will use prep to beat Peter. If anyone is going to fall victim to arrogance...it's Otto.

When?

#38 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

@thundergodswrath said:
@shawnbaby said:

@irs said:

When?

I already posted the scans. Look up.

#39 Posted by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath said:

@shawnbaby said:

@thundergodswrath said:
@shawnbaby said:

@irs said:

When?

I already posted the scans. Look up.

Oh, cool.

#40 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@batnorris said:

The First two scans show Spider-Man getting Blitzed by Speed Demon....the difference is where Otto Panics and Runs Away...Peter actually finds a way to win.

Spider-Man didn't beat the crap out of Iron Man. Spider-Man surprised Iron Man and then used a moment of confusion to escape. Also, That was Spider-Man when he had "The Other" Power set. Meaning he was much stronger than SpOck. The Next Match was entirely in Tony's Favour.

btw ur a good debater and how do i post scans? i wanna know for future debates.

anyways. in the first scan ock does not panic. yes he ran away but that was because he couldnt afford to deal with speed demon right then and there.

if anyone panicked it was tony. he knew he couldnt deal with spidermans speed and dodging ability. so he cheated, tricked his spidey sense so he can win.

and other pete is not stronger cuz the difference still is that ock doesnt hold back

yes it was in his favor because he totally tricked spider sense. thats like batman beating superman with kryptonite saying that's a feat.

so far i'm not seeing anything ock can't handle

#42 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@batnorris: Otto entirely Panicked...and he was running away. He wasn't moving to a more tactical position...he was straight up bailing on the situation...he only came back to save the cops...and even he wasn't sure why he did it. Probably the influence of Ghost Peter. And yes...he couldn't deal with Speed Demon there...because instead of thinking...he panicked. Peter, in the same situation, found a way to win. Otto likes to say he's the Superior Spider-Man...but thus far it's all been a lot of talk.

When Peter had the Other Powers he was a 25 tonner...2.5 times his regular listed strength. And Peter doesn't hold back as much when he's fighting someone in armour that can take hits from The Hulk.

As far as "cheating" goes...that's what prep is. It's cheating. Otto did the same thing when he coated the street with the frictionless surface so Speed Demon couldn't run on it or using the Power Dampening field agaisnt the rest of them.

Tony can make Otto's Spider-sense do whatever he wants it to. That's something Otto can't handle.

#43 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: actually he was taking the more tactical position and was being smart. Why would you deal with him now when you can plan they're utter defeat without any risks? He defeated them so easily because he WAS taking the smart tactical position

He didn't save the cop because of Pete, it would have shown Pete telling him what to do like when he told ock to use a web net instead of a web line to save m.j.

And Pete didn't do much either he panicked as much as ock did. He knew he was in trouble so he just flailed much like superboy prime did when flashes ganged up on him and just got lucky

Yeah it was all talk..... Yeah no I haven't heard a statement that wrong in a while.

In his first week he's already averaging 4 times as criminals as Pete and first week prevented theft of 12 million dollars in property. Criminals don't even try him anymore because they respect the new spidey so much more. To say he's gotten way more done is an understatement. So no it has been far from just all talk as he has shown his superiority in just 4 issues. He's superior because he plays everything smart unlike Pete.

Every source says that he's at 10 tons but if you look at his feats he's at least double that so that's a no to the 2.5 times stronger. And it must have been such a boost that captain America made him look like a chump huh?

You don't know that he wasn't holding back, It was more probable that he was because he always does especially to former teammates

My point about his prep is that he knew he couldn't handle Pete so he attacked his best ability. There's nothing wrong with it batman does it all the time

No he can't make it make his spider sense make him a blt hold the lettuce with a juicy juice on the side :)

But you're right Pete couldn't handle tony but Otto doesn't have to. Something tony can't handle is 800 robospiders that can each take him down, swarm him like single desperate soccer moms swarming David beckham . Trust me this was a hard decision but after carefully considering, ock is just the man to take tony down.

#44 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@batnorris:

Comics are more than pretty pictures they have words in them too. Clearly you didn't actually read the scan with Peter vs Speed Demon. Check it again. Pete wasn't just flailing about. He had a plan...and it worked.

Running away is not seizing a tactical advantage...it's running away. Otto wasn't prepared for Speed Demon, panicked, and fled. He wasn't trying to re-evaluate the situation...he was straight up running away....not just from Speed Demon...from the entire situation. I would advise you to look at the comic again...and actually read it this time. We don't know why he saved the cop. Ock didn't even know why he saved the cop. The most credible theory is that it was just the first example of Peter exerting some influence over Ock. Doesn't really matter though.

Even if Peter is stronger than 10 tons at normal levels...when he had the Other Powers he was still much stronger than his normal levels. That's a well-documented fact.

Peter knows that Iron Man can take a lot of punishment...and he hit him hard enough to temporarily disable IM sensors. And He was still a lot stronger than than Ock is now.

Iron Man can totally handle Spider-Man...don't be Ridiculous. Iron Man is in a completely different Class than Spider-Man. He used the prep to finish the fight quickly. You'll notice Peter couldn't even touch him in that encounter.

Those Spiders are nothing compared to what Tony can create. He can just bust out an EMP and disable them all. Or use Technopathy on them and send them right back at Otto. Amping up a Skylight is quite a bit different from taking down Iron Man. Also, Iron Man can fly. Those 800 Spiders are going to have a really hard time getting to him.

Tony has way more tricks up his sleeve than Ock.

#45 Edited by Tony_Shark (488 posts) - - Show Bio

@batnorris: It doesn't matter how you try to turn it into Otto's favor (trust me, I like him way more than Peter), but he's just simply outclassed by Iron Man. He has better prep feats, has more experience as a hero (street smarts and all that), is more durable, has detailed information on the Spider-Man physiology (including his limits and Spider-Sense), has more and better resources, is stronger, and all around smarter than Otto. He is also a better technologist.

Otto has only gotten the drop on Tony Stark without him having ANY prep whatsoever, and honestly sloppy writing.

Here's the difference between them:

Iron Man would've disabled the New Sinister Six on the spot. Rather easily too (4 of them rely on technology that is far inferior, and tech is Iron Man's specialty). Otto had to retreat because he honestly panicked. He was not used to that kind of fighting and physical punishment Peter would receive.

Sorry, SPM gets owned.

#46 Edited by TheIrishDoctor (583 posts) - - Show Bio

I will say one thing and one thing only in Ock's defense. Iron man will think he's prepping for Peter. He won't be expecting some of the things that Ock would throw at him. Thus, that might give Ock the crucial edge he needs. In general though, yeah, Iron Man would win.

#47 Edited by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby: sorry it took me a while to respond been busy with school work and such

I'm sorry totally my fault I just judged by what I saw my iPhone was jacking up and wouldn't zoom in or open it up in a new tab.

Sorry about that

Ock clearly had a plan. Ock clearly didn't want to deal with them is what we agree on.

You say he panicked but if he couldn't deal with speed then then he wouldn't have been able to deal with later. He prepped and planned their complete downfall like always does. He did it with the avengers, he did it with spiderman, that's what he always does.

Let's get one thing straight, tony can't hit spiderman. You say that ock taking down ironman when he didn't have prep isn't a feat, so don't start pulling that fight where Im had prep and Pete didn't so don't try to use that as a feat. He didn't use prep to finish it quickly, he need a sure fire way to hit spiderman because he couldn't on his own. Yes, spiderman couldn't hit him because he copied his spider sense and tricked Pete's spiderman not hitting him is not a feat under those circumstances.

To be honest, any way you slice it they're both going down with a week prep for arguably among the best marvel preppers. With a week they could threaten eachother's loved ones, have nukes ready, destroy all they have built up, and ALOT more. To me this fight would be a lot more interesting if it was a random encounter. With a week's prep, neither even throws a punch or fires a repulsar ray. Guess who's more ruthless and likely to do all those things?

I've already pointed out what prep in this fight does but for debates sake

Ironman is the only one who has an emp?

Is his technopathy a regular ability or something he pulled out his butt once like sentry and molecular manipulation? And what? The ultron robots flew and the spiders got them anyway.

I really sincerely doubt it

#48 Posted by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

@tony_shark: I'm not twisting it in his favor, it's already in his favor.

He does not have better prep feats unless you can show me, ock has all the experience of Peter whose been a hero since 15 and the experience of a villan his whole life, has detailed information on ironman's suit from Pete , can spend as much resources as im in a week, is more agile, and just as smart as tony unless you can prove other wise. Ock is just as good a technologist having controlled mechanical arms for as long as im has controlled his suit and controllable hundreds of spiders throughout the city. Not to mention Otto is so much more ruthless and you can't tell me that doesn't come into play with prep.

Pete would have taken a lot more punishment because ock plays it so much more smarter than him. Anyway how iron man would have handled it is completely irrevelant because this battle is with prep . Anyways like I said neither wins this with this much prep. Only difference is Otto will be much more ruthless with his prep

No one gets pwned

#49 Edited by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@batnorris said:

@shawnbaby: sorry it took me a while to respond been busy with school work and such

I'm sorry totally my fault I just judged by what I saw my iPhone was jacking up and wouldn't zoom in or open it up in a new tab.

Sorry about that

Ock clearly had a plan. Ock clearly didn't want to deal with them is what we agree on.

You say he panicked but if he couldn't deal with speed then then he wouldn't have been able to deal with later. He prepped and planned their complete downfall like always does. He did it with the avengers, he did it with spiderman, that's what he always does.

Let's get one thing straight, tony can't hit spiderman. You say that ock taking down ironman when he didn't have prep isn't a feat, so don't start pulling that fight where Im had prep and Pete didn't so don't try to use that as a feat. He didn't use prep to finish it quickly, he need a sure fire way to hit spiderman because he couldn't on his own. Yes, spiderman couldn't hit him because he copied his spider sense and tricked Pete's spiderman not hitting him is not a feat under those circumstances.

To be honest, any way you slice it they're both going down with a week prep for arguably among the best marvel preppers. With a week they could threaten eachother's loved ones, have nukes ready, destroy all they have built up, and ALOT more. To me this fight would be a lot more interesting if it was a random encounter. With a week's prep, neither even throws a punch or fires a repulsar ray. Guess who's more ruthless and likely to do all those things?

I've already pointed out what prep in this fight does but for debates sake

Ironman is the only one who has an emp?

Is his technopathy a regular ability or something he pulled out his butt once like sentry and molecular manipulation? And what? The ultron robots flew and the spiders got them anyway.

I really sincerely doubt it

If it were a Random encounter Ock would still get badly beat...he can't hurt Iron Man.

Do you understand what Panicked means? It means he was overwhelmed in the instant. It has nothing at all to do with him prepping for it later. Ock had no plan other than to get the hell away from Speed Demon. Stop trying to twist Ock's cowardice in the face of adversity into some kind of a virtue. He. Was. Running. Away. Peter wouldn't have run away because Peter isn't a Coward.

Tony is in an all around higher tier than Ock...including in prep.

Yes, Technopathy is a regular thing for Iron Man...that's how he can control all those different suits simultaneously.

Oh and, If you have been keeping up to date with Superior Spider-Man...you know that Ock doesn't have access to Pete's Memories anymore. So you can't use those experiences as part of his Prepping. He's just plain ol Otto "Close but no cigar" Octavious in Spider-Man's body. He doesn't have any detailed information on Iron Man's Suit from Pete (Peter never really had any detailed information on Iron Man's Suits anyway).

#50 Posted by Strider92 (16823 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning towards Spider-man. Allow me to elaborate before you bite my head off. Tony's prep feats are indeed better (Hulk-buster etc...) but both of these were for people far stronger than Pete. Tony isn't going to bust out that sort of tech on someone he considers a friend.

Ock on the other hand has no qualms about going all out on Iron Man. As Iron Man does not know Ock is Spidey he isn't going to prep for this eventuality. He's going to go in thinking Spidey is Pete and this is an incredible advantage to Ock who has in fact beaten Iron Man with prep before. In ends of the Earth he hacked Iron Man's armor and put him under mind control:

He also had Iron Man at his mercy in his own title IIRC. Ock was able to shut down his bleeding edge suit leaving Tony pretty helpless:

Ock has a lot of experience with shutting down Iron Man's armor he's done it twice in only a very short period. Heck he was even shown to override Ultron's control of his robots:

Ock has consistently been able to shut down Tony's suit and has shown capable of doing the same to Ultron's robots (despite the fact Ultron was luring him into a trap).

With 1 week prep he can do it again. If Tony knew who Superior was he could prep for him but as he doesn't know this is Ock he's fighting then he knows that Pete isn't a techy and when he preps doesn't go all out.

Ock has the advantage of knowing all of IM's previous tricks against Spider-man as well as the fact he isn't going to hesitate to really bring out some big guns. If Tony knew Ock was Spider-man he would win no problem but imo given what we've seen Ock due to Iron Man in the past not having that knowledge is going to cost Stark quite a lot. I will give a small majority to Ock due to better knowledge of his opponent, unrestrained morals and sheer unpredictability.