Superheavyweights (100+ tons) WITH OTHER POWERS--Bracket Battle!

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This is a bracket-style battle among characters who are "superheavyweights"--they can lift well over 100 tons--who also have extensive powers beyond just their strength. [EDIT] They can all use all their powers.

(Please note that this is not intended to be any kind of inclusive list, and it doesn't necessarily use all the best or most popular combatants at this power class.)

They each start out in pairs, battling each other. Once each battle is done, they move on to the next battle, as stipulated by the brackets. The last one is the Big Winner!

Who wins each battle in each round? (See bracket below.)

These battles take place in Death Valley. Each fight starts at 15’.

Win by any means. Each participant is completely rested and restored before each new battle. Morals off.

Character versions:

King Hyperion is at his most powerful. Black Mary Marvel is at her most powerful (pre-New 52). Blue Marvel is current. Count Nefaria is at his most powerful. Gladiator is current, with full confidence, and cannot lose confidence. Vartox is current (post-crisis). Iron Man has the Extremis injection but with his Bleeding Edge armor, but he can't use an EMP or any "control other machines" kind of thing. Bastion is at his most powerful, but cannot do an EMP or any "control other machines" kind of thing. Etrigan is standard (pre-New 52). Forgotten One is standard, with his battle armor. Hela is standard, with her Nightsword; she can only use her Hand of Glory to partially absorb spirits and thus weaken, but not kill. Maxima is standard (pre-new 52). Matrix is in Linda Danvers and has the Earthborn Angel powers; just to be clear, because its a little confusing, this means she has strength, speed, flight, telekinesis, psi-blasts, durability, flame vision, wings of fire, and teleportation. Binary is standard. Morg is after bathing in the Well of Life, and has his axe. Power Girl is standard for her last series (pre-New 52).

(Please note that I linked to a bunch of non-CV sites here, they seemed to have more extensive info on their powers this time, especially Vartox and Matrix.)

NO SPEED BLITZING!

The Bracket:

PLEASE SAY WHO YOU THINK WILL WIN EACH FIGHT IN EACH ROUND! I know not everyone is familiar with every character, it's ok if you have to guess a bit. I am less familiar with some of these characters (especially the DC ones) than the ones in my previous brackets, so hopefully they're as relatively evenly matched as I think they are.

Superheavyweights with Other Powers
Superheavyweights with Other Powers
King Hyperion
King Hyperion
Black Mary Marvel
Black Mary Marvel
Blue Marvel
Blue Marvel
Count Nefaria
Count Nefaria
Gladiator
Gladiator
Vartox
Vartox
Iron Man (Bleeding Edge)
Iron Man (Bleeding Edge)
Bastion
Bastion
Etrigan
Etrigan
Forgotten One
Forgotten One
Hela
Hela
Maxima
Maxima
Matrix in Linda Danvers as Earth-bound Angel
Matrix in Linda Danvers as Earth-bound Angel
Binary
Binary
Morg
Morg
Power Girl
Power Girl

This is my last bracket battle for a while. I'm been saving up all kinds of normal battles while I've been putting these together!

But, please check out the old bracket battles: Magic, Guns, Lightweights (no powers), Welterweights (2-15 tons), and Middleweights (25-50 tons), Cruiserweights (60-85 tons), and Heavyweights (90-100 tons), and Superheavyweights (100+ tons).

Thanks for all your input everyone, I know these are time-intensive!@Killemall:

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By sandiego008

Note My results could be extremely incorrect as I know less of these people than I usually do when doing your brackets.

Round 1 Left

King Hyperion

Blue Marvel

Vartox

Bastion

Round 2 left

King Hyperion

Vartox

Round 3 Left

This is really hard but going King Hyperion as he does multiverse crap.

Round 1 Right

Etrigan

Maxima

Binary

Morg

Round 2 Right

Maxima

Binary

Final round right

Toughy ... going with ... want to say binary but going with Maxima

Final round Maxima vs King Hyperion

King Hyperion

@Owie: It is tough to decide when you get to this power level.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

@sandiego008 said:

It is. Thanks for all your answers to all these, I know they take time. I'm still mulling over my answers. It's hard, because for instance Morg, with the Well of Life, is supposed to be more powerful than the Surfer, and the Surfer can (I think, and people seem to agree) beat Superman, and yet I just feel like Powergirl (less powerful than Superman) could beat Morg. There's technicalities there--I think Surfer can beat Supes partly because of his matter manipulation, which I don't think Morg has, so Morg may not be able to beat Supes after all. Anyway, just one example of how it's difficult to put all the pieces of the puzzle together when all these other powers get in the mix. That's why I've mostly just stayed with pure strength/H2H contests, they're more unidimensional and easier to figure out.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Greendevil

@sandiego008 said:

Note My results could be extremely incorrect as I know less of these people than I usually do when doing your brackets.

Round 1 Left

King Hyperion

Blue Marvel

Vartox

Bastion

Round 2 left

King Hyperion

Vartox

Round 3 Left

Round 1 Right

Etrigan

Maxima

Binary

Morg

Round 2 Right

Maxima

Binary

Final round right

King Hyperion

I totally agree on the left. But i have Wol-Morg winning the right side, and the entire tournament.

Nice thread Owie

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie: Like I noted ... I'm not versed w/ a lot of these .. and as much effort as you put in these threads I'd feel bad not answering them as I hate when I put effort in a thread and get no responses.

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Greendevil

@sandiego008 said:

@Owie: Like I noted ... I'm not versed w/ a lot of these .. and as much effort as you put in these threads I'd feel bad not answering them as I hate when I put effort in a thread and get no responses.

HEAR HEAR!

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Killemall

@Greendevil said:

@sandiego008 said:

Round 1 Left

King Hyperion

Blue Marvel

Vartox

Bastion

Round 2 left

King Hyperion

Vartox

Round 3 Left

Round 1 Right

Etrigan

Maxima

Binary

Morg

Round 2 Right

Maxima

Binary

Final round right

King Hyperion

I totally agree on the left. But i have Wol-Morg winning the right side, and the entire tournament.

Nice thread Owie

I Second this, WOL Morg was more powerful than Silver Surfer , he would crush binary.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Killemall: @Greendevil: I know Morg was very powerful with the Well of Life, and he obviously has a lot of feats in terms of beating his fellow heralds, etc. But what actual powers did he get from that? Was he still basically just strong, invulnerable, and shooting energy from his axe? Or did he get any extra abilities like matter manipulation/telepathy etc.? Otherwise I don't exactly get how he beat Surfer (even though I know he did).

The thing I'm trying to decide is whether, even though he is so powerful, he could beat some of the people in his side of the bracket, if he ended up fighting them. DC strength levels being what they are, I would think Powergirl would be stronger than him. And Matrix, while not quite on the strength level of the real Kryponians, should probably be stronger too, plus she has other psychic abilities. And Maxima was able to trade blows with Doomsday, plus has all kinds of psychic powers. And Hela and Etrigan have lots of magic attacks they could use against him. Forgotten One has matter manipulation plus psionics. So my question is, does Morg really have an effective defense against these kinds of abilities? Did the Surfer try to use anything like that against him? Or have they just had standard power-blast kind of battles?

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Greendevil

@Owie: im not sure what "extra ability's" he got from w.o.l.......but he got a massive boost thats for sure. Also i chose Morg cuz OP says H2H battle. I dont think anybody is stronger than Wol-Morg here. But if Hela can use Magic attacks (NOT H2H) than thats a different story.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By owie  Moderator

@Greendevil said:

@Owie: im not sure what "extra ability's" he got from w.o.l.......but he got a massive boost thats for sure. Also i chose Morg cuz OP says H2H battle. I dont think anybody is stronger than Wol-Morg here. But if Hela can use Magic attacks (NOT H2H) than thats a different story.

Oops, my bad. I just copied most of the text in the OP from the previous battles, which were just H2H. But yes in this one they can use all their powers. I'll edit the OP.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By owie  Moderator

Alright, here's my guess. And again, I'm not as well versed in all of these as some others, but they're at least educated guesses.

Round 1:

Black Mary Marvel beats King Hyperion. Ultimately, I think DC strength levels overwhelm Marvel's. King Hyperion is obviously no joke, but he was beaten by Blue Marvel, and I think Black Mary Marvel would beat Blue Marvel, so I'm going with her.

Blue Marvel, however, beats Nefaria. I have no real evidence for this, but honestly I think Nefaria is a twerp and deserves to lose. It would probably be pretty close though.

In the battle of the macho men, Vartox beats Gladiator. Again we have DC vs Marvel strength levels. Vartox was about as strong as Power Girl, and he has numerous other powers besides. (I love this quote by him, where he said his powers are "...freeze breath, the ability of flight, invulnerability, super strength and senses, telekenesis, telepathy and energy projection, astral projection, and the ability to transfer these powers to others." Funny unexpected little end there.)

Bastion probably beats Iron Man, although I thought Bastion was overhyped in his last X-Men appearances--all foreshadowing, not so much real feats. But I expect his future tech, mixed with various alien races as it is, would prove too much for Iron Man's tech.

Etrigan seems like the obvious winner against Forgotten One, I think, and I do go with him in the end, But Forgotten One not only has Hercules level strength and almost complete invulnerability, but the standard Eternal psionic powers as well. I think Etrigan is not as good a physical fighter, but his magic would take down Forgotten One eventually.

Hela and Maxima are two of the toughest ones here. Hela's magic against Maxima's wide range of psychic powers. Plus Maxima is super-strong even for DC. Ultimately I think I go for Maxima here, but again very close.

I am not super-familiar with Matrix, and I know she is not as powerful as Superman. But the basic idea of a Superman-lite who also has psi-bolts, telekinesis, fire eyes, and teleportation is a pretty impressive array of powers. Binary is hard core, but I am guessing Matrix would beat her through sheer variety of powers.

Morg vs Power Girl, here again my lack of direct knowledge is a problem. Morg beat all the heralds. But could he beat Superman? Now Power Girl is not quite Superman, but she's up there, and again we have DC vs Marvel strength. She's also very fast, and even with no speed blitzing, I would think she could outmaneuver him. Her eye beams may or may not be enough to compensate for his energy blasts. I really want to say PG takes this. But I am going to take Morg based on the fact that PG's powers are not as widely ranged as some others, and are basically the same kind as his--strength, blasts, etc. So I am going to reluctantly give it to Morg out of respect for his feats. If anyone wants to argue me out of this though, I'd be glad to change!

Round 2:

Black Mary Marvel beats Blue Marvel for the same reason she beat King Hyperion.

Vartox beats Bastion. I don't think Bastion could beat his durability.

Etrigan vs Maxima...hard to say. I feel like Maxima is one of the toughest ones here. She has teh hardcore warrior's mindselt, and the powers to back it up--I mean, even if her powers seem a little inconsistent, she has Superman or above strength, super speed, teleportation, forcefields, metal control, minor matter manipulation, eye beams, psi beams, TP, mind control, illusions, astral form, flight, TK! That's a pretty wide spectrum. But Etrigan is notoriously hard to kill. He has a crazy healing factor and his hellfire breath is serious. I don't think her mind control would work on him. I'm going to take Etrigan for the win.

I'm going to go out on a limb that others may not follow, and say Matrix beats Morg. No because she's more powerful than Power Girl, but because her wider range of abilities should enable her to beat him, especially the psi-bolts and TK. Plus anyone with teleportation has huge advantages in fighting. I know this may not be a popular choice!

Round 3:

Black Mary Marvel and Vartox are pretty close; I think Vartox's wider range of powers wins here. I honestly never thought he would get this far.

Etrigan beats Matrix. He has a similar wide range of powers to match hers, and Morg's strength and ferocity. He's also probably pretty resistant to psychic attacks (a guess on my part).

The big winner:

Etrigan beats Vartox. This would be a cool fight but I think Etrigan's got the intent to win; Vartox wouldn't take it seriously enough.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jeanroygrant

Hela