Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superboy Prime, pre-New 52 version

vs

The Annihilators, standard versions of Silver Surfer, Gladiator (100% confidence), Ronan, Beta Ray Bill, Quasar and Nova (with Worldmind)

- Superboy Prime has his armour

- The Annihilators have their standard gear

- Takes place on the Moon

- Start 100 feet apart

- No prep-time

- Everyone is in character

- To the death or incapacitation

Thoughts?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2 frozen  Moderator

Surfer solos. The rest of the team are not of much help.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Experio

Annihilators. Too powerful and versatile

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Considering what Superboy Prime did to the Green Lanterns and many other superheroes all by himself, i really doubt that Surfer solos, but what makes you think he could?

@experio said:

Annihilators. Too powerful and versatile

How do you think they could take Prime down exactly?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By primebonnick

I still give it to prime with high difficulty, but pre 52 version didn't know prime appeared in new 52?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Experio

@silverrings: Keeping him on the defensive side with combined attacks until his durability is diminished.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Silverrings

@primebonnick said:

I still give it to prime with high difficulty, but pre 52 version didn't know prime appeared in new 52?

Cool, what makes you think Prime wins this? And i don't know if there's a New 52 version of him, i was just being specific.

@experio said:

@silverrings: Keeping him on the defensive side with combined attacks until his durability is diminished.

Not a bad plan, but Prime's durability was seriously impressive, as was his strength and speed, what with fighting Supermen and waltzing through Green Lanterns and whatnot. I don't think the Annihilators could physically overcome him, but they do have more than enough other powers that might win this for them.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: oh ok, well i think he wins because of his durability and strength level no one on the annihilators have anything close to that. Not one has ever punched through a dimension with brute strength alone, much less survive a universe ending blast. I do think surfer would give him the most problems with his power cosmic, but prime took on the guardians of the universe with much easy and could physically assault a being made up of anti matter energy so i don't see it being that much of a problem.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS solos team annihilates.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lone_wolf_and_cub said:

SS solos team annihilates.

Why? And how exactly does Surfer solo this?

@silverrings: oh ok, well i think he wins because of his durability and strength level no one on the annihilators have anything close to that. Not one has ever punched through a dimension with brute strength alone, much less survive a universe ending blast. I do think surfer would give him the most problems with his power cosmic, but prime took on the guardians of the universe with much easy and could physically assault a being made up of anti matter energy so i don't see it being that much of a problem.

Good points, thanks for the thoughts. I think Prime's strength is being underestimated, ironically.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The team wins this but everyone except SS is dead.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: Surfer summons a black hole or drains him. He could probably just overpower him with energy.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

That seems quite likely to me. How do you think they could win?

@silverrings: Surfer summons a black hole or drains him. He could probably just overpower him with energy.

Ok, fair points. Is Surfer fast enough to do so, though? And would a black hole be much of a threat to a guy whose punches can break dimensions?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: Surfer is definetly fast enough. Why do you think him vs flash is one of the great debates on comicvine?

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silverrings

@highaccuser Ok, and what speed feats does Surfer have on a par with or superior to Superboy Prime? Also, i think the draining thing could work here, but i doubt that energy or black holes would do much to Prime. I think the Annihilators need to be pretty inventive to win this.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sy8000

@silverrings: Surfer has scanned a planet in seconds, traveled at 10,000 times the speed of light, and shown nanosecond reaction time consistently.

Black holes won't do much, but if surfer starts using red sun energy there's serious problems for prime. He's far more vunrable to draining and when he's not directly feeling the sun his powers wane fast. He's never fought someone who can both drain him and potentially overpower him.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser Ok, good points, but remember that Prime has his special suit here, so naturally losing yellow sun energy isn't an issue. Looks like Surfer should give him a seriously hard time, though.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser Ok, good points, but remember that Prime has his special suit here, so naturally losing yellow sun energy isn't an issue. Looks like Surfer should give him a seriously hard time, though.

The suit isn't that hard to destroy. He loses it pretty much every arc.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser It's destroyed by some heavy hitters, yeah, and either way it's another hurdle for the Annihilators to jump. Seems like they can pull this off.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser It's destroyed by some heavy hitters, yeah, and either way it's another hurdle for the Annihilators to jump. Seems like they can pull this off.

Not that big a hurdle. Surfer and Ronan could just transmute it.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I am not sure Surfer has ever blitzed anyone outside of ramming them

Prime is not affected by red sunlight unless it's from an actual red sun, that would also be using knowledge Surfer doesn't have, he's fought a much superior energy manipulator in the Monarch , he has feats of absorbing energy rather than having it drained, even Amazo was incapable of copying his abilities.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dondave

Annihilators

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: I am not sure Surfer has ever blitzed anyone outside of ramming them

Prime is not affected by red sunlight unless it's from an actual red sun, that would also be using knowledge Surfer doesn't have, he's fought a much superior energy manipulator in the Monarch , he has feats of absorbing energy rather than having it drained, even Amazo was incapable of copying his abilities.

Surfer doesn't blitz people but he can't be blitzed.

Prime was affected by red star, who was not a red sun. Even simple darkness drains him. Surfer has cosmic awarness that would let him know about primes weakness. Monarch never tried to drain him, nor did he likely know that was an option, plus prime was highly amped at the time. Prime has only once absorbed energy, and only from stationary guardian. I've read all of primes appearences barring the ridiculous titan arc, and I don't remember him meeting amazo. It's odd amazo would'nt be able to copy him considering one version of amazo copied the worlogog.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser Not something they do often, certainly not more often than shooting beams or hitting things, but a possibility. Prime is still a physical beats without the suit. Also, this:

Good points, thanks for the thoughts. Hadn't thought of some of this myself.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345 said:

That seems quite likely to me. How do you think they could win?

@highaccuser said:

Ok, fair points. Is Surfer fast enough to do so, though? And would a black hole be much of a threat to a guy whose punches can break dimensions?

The key is getting Prime's armor off him before he kills them all. I'd think that the others could keep him busy for SS to take it off like he did to Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet. There's no hope for any of them if they can't.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silverrings

@dondave said:

Annihilators

Why?

@night4345 Ok, fair points, an that plan could work. Prime is relentless, though, and wont be staying still for any significant amount of time, so the team will have to act quick.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dextersinister

@highaccuser: Probably

Was he, he pretty much totaled by Prime after he made him flinch, what Red Star says and what happens are 2 different things, he also only lost his powers going through an actual Red Star because it destroyed his suit.

Cosmic awareness is not omniscience

Cosmic energy in Marvel is notoriously easy to transfer, the zombies got it simply by eating Galactus and that storyline is canon to the Marvel setting.

I assume like many of Primes randomly generated immunities that it's because he is from the Prime creator universe. The worlogog is also information so it actually makes more sense that he could copy that than say something like WW's lasso. I believe it may have occured in a pitch battle during crisis.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Annihilators

Why?

@night4345 Ok, fair points, an that plan could work. Prime is relentless, though, and wont be staying still for any significant amount of time, so the team will have to act quick.

This is in character so Prime would be ranting about how Gladiator is a rip off and how he's the real Superman.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Kingant27

Superboy Prime was able to take on the green lantern corps, 2 Superman, Sodam Yat, and more.

Superboy Prime while an extremely powerful character, has limited abilities.

The Silver Surfer could by using his cosmic awareness could find out the weakness of Superboy Prime and could, either use red sun radiation cosmic blasts to weaken Superboy Prime or do damage to destroy his suit.

Also Silver Surfer is extremely fast, has travelled 500,000 light years in one second.

Now just to get an idea of how far this is, it takes light 10 min to reach the sun. One light year is how far light travels in one year. The surfer could travel 500 000 light years in one second. To get an idea of how far this is, our milky way galaxy is about 120 000 light years. So basically in one second the surfer crosses about 5 galaxies.

The surfer can move 186282.39705122 miles per second without his board. This is faster than the speed of light, which means that even without his board he is breaking space time, being able to travel into the future simply by standing still moving his limbs really fast.

Superboy Prime has punched through reality, but what go would that be of he can't even touch him, besides Silver Surfer skin is virtually indestructible and the Silver Surfer could potentially speed blitz him.

Or he could if Blood-Lusted vaporize the liquid inside his body, create multiple black holes, or could blow up the planet to cause damage to Superboy Prime.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27 said:

snip

Good points, thanks for the thoughts, that was a nice break down. Seems like Surfer is the deciding factor here.

Avatar image for maninthemountain
ManInTheMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer solos

-red sun radiation

-solar energy draining

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

This

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: There's no instance when primes weakness to red sun energy has been specific.

Cosmic awarness is a lesser form of omniscience, and finding primes weakness shouldn't be hard.

Prime has never purposfully absorbed energy.

The worlogog isn't just information, it's omnipotence. An incomplete fake one was able to create a universe.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By XiiX

@highaccuser said:

@dextersinister said:

Surfer doesn't blitz people but he can't be blitzed.

Yes he can. The only reason I added The Runner one, was because his speed has been shown inferior to Makkari(who by extension isn't as fast as Flash, though that's neither here nor there).

By the strictest definition, some wouldn't consider the first two a "blitz", but they're similar examples of respective opponents outpacing Surfer in a fight on combat-speed alone.

You can call it CIS, or him holding back if you like, but all the same it's certainly a possibility against enemies with great speed.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Makkari's speed has dropped darastically since he beat runner. Unless he showed clear inferiority to flash beforehand, I doubt flash can blitz him.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By XiiX

@highaccuser: Best I'm aware of, Makkari on average wasn't portrayed nearly as fast as The Flash(assuming we're referring to Wally West)(And if you want to compare inordinately high-end showings, it'd be even more of a stomp speed-wise in Flash's favor).

No Caption Provided

And Buried Alien(obviously an off-shoot of Barry Allen) already beat some of the fastest characters in Marvel speed-wise. Needless to say, any variation of Barry Allen can't touch Wally West.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sy8000

@xiix said:

@highaccuser: Best I'm aware of, Makkari on average wasn't portrayed nearly as fast as The Flash(assuming we're referring to Wally West)(And if you want to compare inordinately high-end showings, it'd be even more of a stomp speed-wise in Flash's favor).

Hmm. Well prime is also no where near as fast as wally.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By XiiX
No Caption Provided

@highaccuser: Oh, I know. I was just clarifying it's possible to catch Surfer off guard with speed. And while Prime has done this to three Flashs, it wouldn't help him much because 1) He arguably shouldn't be able to given how much faster they've shown themselves to be compared to him, and 2) Because that was the only time I can remember him exercising any sort of high-end combat speed.

That, and as you can see, he fights like an idiot, and often makes it possible for his opponent to tag him before he does something about it.

Avatar image for apocalypsereigns
Apocalypsereigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The annihilators win this 10/10 individually they could all give prime a run for his money, as a team they are easily the strongest fighting force in existence and while prime is impressive (and probably the second strongest villain in DC) I just don't see him powering his way out of this one)

Bossmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The annihilators win this 10/10 individually they could all give prime a run for his money, as a team they are easily the strongest fighting force in existence and while prime is impressive (and probably the second strongest villain in DC) I just don't see him powering his way out of this one)

The team might win this because of SS, but 10/10? Never. Prime has never had his energy drained but in 1 instance and a fantastic argument could be made that Prime would Absorb energy from SS.

Prime in his second weakest form was still able to out pace and blitz two Flashes and other hero's and he has immunity to pretty much everything. SS is the team VMP and Prime would beat him.
The rest of the time would go soon after.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kingant27

TP is the-factor here IMO for the Annhilators.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is ot, but i am not to familiar with the annihilators. how is ronan a part of this group? i thought he was supposed to be a bad guy.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to me prime doesn't seem to be that superboy prime doesn't use his power all that well. he is just brute force. the regular superman uses his powers more efficiently imo.

Avatar image for gildardovillarruel
GildardoVillarruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: ITS ALL REALITY ENERGY MANIPULATION WHICH HE'S AMMUNE TO, IMPS WERE POWERLESS TO PRIMETIME

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Annihilators 10/10

Surfer can solo

Qauser can solo via bar to quantum zone

BRB can solo via bar

Etc

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
DatHomieSilverSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a HUGE Surfer fan but I have to go with Superboy Prime here. The guy is a walking plot device, he can literally take as much punishment as the writer want. The guy DESTROYED like half of the GLC and all of DC earths heroes simultaneously.