Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#51  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Charlie_Jade: Yes, Super Skrull physically outclasses Midnighter. I don't think anyone should claim otherwise (and I even explicitly said it in my post), but physical stats aren't all that matter. Your strength argument is meaningless. Super Skrull may be stronger than Midnighter, but if he can't hit Midnighter (combat computer/Doors) then his strength doesn't mean a thing. And if Midnighter doesn't try to punch Super Skrull to death, him being weaker isn't a limitation. Look at the tactics I've suggested. Strength isn't a factor. Also, you make it a point to say Midnighter doesn't have high lifting strength (though a limit has never been shown) but tell me why that matters? Is this a lifting contest? I'm pretty sure it's not. If we were talking about strength, Midnighter's lifting ability wouldn't be important. What would be important is his ability to do damage with a strike, and Midnighter has shown he can hurt incredibly durable opponents with his strikes even if his lifting strength isn't top tier. So again, your strength argument is meaningless no matter which way you cut it.

Your speed argument is also meaningless. For most of it you're referring to travel speed, which isn't a factor here as this isn't a race. You do bring up that gun-dodging is likely a large part of Midnighter's speed, and that's reasonable. However, attempting to minimize the effectiveness of that doesn't get you anywhere. So what if Midnighter can actually dodge a bullet or if he can avoid the gun? Whether he can avoid an attack because he's actually faster than it or if it's because he knows exactly how it's coming doesn't matter if he can avoid it in the end. The same mix of abilities (and I say mix because I believe Midnighter has actual speed to go along with his foreknowledge) that allows Midnighter to effortlessly weave through lasers or kill speedsters or parry bullets with a stick would serve him here.

I don't see what the next part of your post was since all you did was describe Kl'rt's powers...

Your last argument was old before you brought it up. You attempt to undercut Midnighter's abilities with these examples and they really don't prove your point. Regis beat Midnighter, sure. Does that mean Midnighter's combat computer wasn't working? I don't think so, and there are many explanations. The first of which is the simplest: Midnighter's computer worked fine, there just wasn't a way for him to win (given plot confines like not Dooring the enemy into a black hole), given that he was up against an enemy that was physically beyond his ability to hurt. Another explanation is that Regis' telepathy meant that everything Midnighter knew about beating him was already in his own head, so in the brief scuffle they had, Midnighter simply couldn't outfight someone who was physically better and also knew how the fight was going to go. Another explanation (and I think I like this one) is that Midnighter's computer showed him that the way the fight went was the way to win. He and Jack Hawksmoor actually won the fight against Regis because while Regis was beating on Midnighter, Jack was able to get away from him and get more power from the cities of the world. It's hard for me to knock Midnighter's computer when he ends up winning the fight. Your next example is that Zealot gave him trouble, but a 10,000 year old warrior with similar physical stats to Midnighter being able to fight him evenly isn't a low showing in my book. I'll also point out that despite Zealot exploiting Midnighter's only psychological weak spot (his dead daughter), Midnight actually won that fight too. He had Zealot's own sword to her throat at the end, made her surrender, and achieved his goal. He left severely injured, but he says himself that he enjoys that sort of thing. You bring up Jackson King in a vague way, and rightly so because there's not much you can say about it. Jackson King is one of the best psionics in his universe and specializes in messing with technology, so him being able to separate Midnighter from his combat computer (and by his own words, not actually messing with the computer itself) is no surprise and is no way supportive of the idea that the combat computer doesn't work. That would be like cutting off a cop's hand and saying his gun doesn't work. The Joker instance is the only one I'd call out and out bad writing. Midnighter is stumped by a normal (if crazy) man just because he can't read him? Right, cuz it's not like he couldn't just put his fist through the guy's skull like he's done plenty of other times. Midnighter fought Stormwatch without his combat computer and was actually bragging, saying maybe he'd take it out himself. I try to give the writer credit (though he doesn't deserve it given his other errors in that crossover with DC) and chalk the joker thing up to it not really being the joker but a reality warper's construct that was the prototypical joker, someone that defied and confused everyone that tried to figure it out. And then your last example is of a version of Midnighter that doesn't work like the original, and on top of that, MM himself said that Midnighter's analysis of him was correct, he just moved the weak spot out of the way so Midnighter couldn't exploit it.

smh

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#52  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Esquire said:

@Buckshot:

As far as the bomb in the belly goes, I'm not sure it's quite as foolproof as you're making it out to be.

• SS should be immune to heat because of Johnny's powers. So that's one aspect of the nuke down.
  • He's an actual shapeshifter, not just elastic. He can open up holes in his body, so he might be able to simply drop the bomb out and throw it away.
  • He's durable enough to tank hits from Grey Hulk and Mjolnir, so he's pretty tough. He was also unconcerned by Reed threatening to hit him with a moon-busting disintegrator, although that may be because of Reed's character rather than Klr't's durability.
  • What's to stop him simply encasing the nuke in a forcefield and harmlessly containing the blast? He's stated to be more powerful than Invisible Woman, who's contained all sort of things including Johnny's super nova. And SS himself has contained a ship capable of achieving escape velocity, so his fields are pretty powerful.

As far as his hypnosis, he's used it on Wiccan, who has Astral Projection, a form of telepathy. I don't have scans, unfortunately.

Given that Super Skrull has to consciously activate his other powers (even Thing's powers, which, more than any of the others, is always present) I don't see why his powers from Johnny would always be on. For that reason I don't think he's always heat proof. If you can show me otherwise, sure, but I'm just thinking about it logically. As for the rest of your counterarguments, they all rely on Super Skrull both knowing about any foreign object inside him, and having time to react to it, things I don't think he'd have if Midnighter didn't give them to him. I've been asking about Super Skrull's telepathy for some time so I'd like to see what you're referring to as it could be informative. Until then though, I'll just reiterate that Midnighter resisted the telepathy of an enemy that took over the majority of the planet, later got further telepathic defenses from The Engineer, and the one example of Kl'rt's hypnosis shown in this thread so far had Thing able to think about the situation he was in, meaning Midnighter would be able to think about Dooring out of it. And lol, I don't believe the nuke situation to be foolproof, I just want to see if someone will shut my foolishness down. Arguments like the following just aren't cutting it though...

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Superskrull ftw. The combine powers of the FF will be too much for Midnighter.

@Charlie_Jade said:

Go back one page and look at the scan

No, I'll post it again

It's not quiet an exact textbook bubble in the brain move but its pretty damn close to it

Nova tells SuperSkrull to break off to give him a clean shot

Skrull responds:

" No Need Terran

They are but Whelps

They know not the subtleties of battle

Such as wrapping a brain in a forcefield.... "

Then on the next illustration, a weird hybrid of CyclopsOttoSkrull falls to his death

Cool, think Kl'rt's going to focus on the "subtleties of battle" when he's bloodlusted? Kl'rt using this ability once doesn't actually change a thing about what I wrote, especially given the time the battle had gone on to that point, the damage Kl'rt had sustained before employing such a tactic, and the time it took him to pull it off. It's not a common instant kill he's going to use against Midnighter before Midnighter can use his Doors.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By mavfan626

MN should lose this, SS power set and physical attributes is simply great then MN. Regardless of MN ability to predict his opponent, he will have a hard time trying to do physical damage to SS. SS not only has the ability to create force fields (which in turn IMO Midnighter wouldn't be able to to break/get though) but SS is also able to soften his body using Reed's ability rendering MN attack next to useless again (or he could use the Things ability to strength his defense). SS is able to combine the FF ability's as well..

No Caption Provided

And here is a scan of him using The human touches ability to destroy a field of enemy..

No Caption Provided

Again not only does he have advantage in range attacks but as you can see there able to take out a large area as well..

With morals on he take people out by putting a bubble around there brain and here he's bloddlusted! MN would put up a fight but in the end I think SS would take the majority..

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#54  Edited By Saren

@Charlie_Jade: I'm not in the least bit surprised that almost every single one of those scans is out of context, Hoboseid.

1. Sister Voice had a nuclear scream that could wipe out cities. She reduced Salt Lake City to rubble in a matter of seconds. A scream that could wipe out cities broke some of Midnighter's bones for a while, and you think that's a low showing? Or even a standard showing for Midnighter that proves he's overrated?

2. Assassin8 used a specially engineered nerve toxin to defeat Midnighter. In their rematch, the toxin failed since Midnighter had already developed an immunity to it. He then beat, tortured, maimed and mutilated Assassin8.

3. God's antibodies stabbing Midnighter (and not even taking him down at that) is relevant because?

4. Midnighter was completely powerless while fighting Jukko......he had literally none of his abilities.

5. You're just posting a different page from the same fight with Assassin8 and a nerfed Midnighter.....

6. You realize Kev killed Apollo with that gun two pages prior to that, right? He didn't just blow off Midnighter's head with any old bullet?

I know you're a habitual troll, but you could at least try to be subtle about it. You'll need to be in order to evade your inevitable re-ban for as long as possible.

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By toptom

super skrull can just trap him inside an invisibile cage as soon the fight begins.and this fight is already over.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@Buckshot: Super Skrull making out in the middle of a plasma field without "flaming on":

No Caption Provided
comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superskrull

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers