nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By nickthedevil

@Manchine said:

Magneto. Just to much raw power and strength to overcome. Magneto's force field can take any hits that Super Skrull dishes out.

like.... Supernova heat?

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Manchine

@nickthedevil said:

@Manchine said:

Magneto. Just to much raw power and strength to overcome. Magneto's force field can take any hits that Super Skrull dishes out.

like.... Supernova heat?

Yes even supernova heat.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Manchine

@Manchine said:

@nickthedevil said:

@Manchine said:

like.... Supernova heat?

Yes even supernova heat.

And to figure this out. Do I think Human Torch Super Nova can get through Magneto's Shields. No, it will take everything Magneto has but no. Is Super Skrull's Supernova more powerful then Human Torch. No.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By the creator

@Buckshot: I don't think SS is as versatile with his powers or in fact they are as powerful as each of the Individual Fantastic Fours powers e.g. SS is not as strong as the Thing. This seemed true for the bulk of SS's existence. His recent showings seems to suggest he is now much closer to the FF's level of power. I don't think that Magneto can project his power through SS forcefield as per the examples you mention but then I don't think that SS would have his forcefield up all the time. For instance when he uses his fire projection, he cannot emit that through the forcefield. So there will be times when he is 'vulnerable'. SS is still a carbon based life liform that has iron (to my knowledge) in his body composition. There are only around a dozen alien life forms in the marvel universe that have a significantly different body chemistry e.g. Based on Copper, that appear to have no Iron in their bodily makeup.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#56  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@the creator: He may not be as versatile (though I'm not sure where he's lacking), but I think he's more efficient. He uses his powers together in creative ways that the F4 don't (or can't because they're not all in one body) that are more useful in combat to the death. Things like being a flame powered rocket with an impenetrable force field at its tip to bust through space ships or turning his hands into a flaming rock cage to contain an enemy. He may not stretch his brain to be smarter, but he'll make his arm so thin and taut that its practically a blade he can use to slice multiple enemies to pieces in one motion. Similarly, he uses his force field powers in ways that sue only threatens. I think in terms of combat, his versatility rivals the originals. I don't know about the strength of each of his powers in comparison, but according to the internet (take that as you will) his powers are at this point greater than the original as evidenced by things like him being on fire in space (without the atmosphere generator that Johnny uses).

As for him having force fields up, I think if Magneto stops his heat powers as easily as he has the potential to do (has he done such a thing before?) then there would be no reason to not keep up his force field while he comes up with another strategy. And it's not like Magneto has his force field up all the time either. I mentioned in another thread that Magneto has been showing his age the last few years and uses his straight energy powers a lot less (force field definitely included), but even when it was more common, it wasn't always present. So they both have an effective defense that might not always be in place.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By Freefa11

@nickthedevil: Oka, first of all, a nova and a supernova aren't quite the same thing. Secondly, just because it's called a "Nova flame" doesn't mean it is actually as powerful as a nova; what really matters here is how much damage the effect has actually been able to cause. So far people have been relying entirely on the name of the power without showing what it is actually capable of.

@Buckshot: I haven't been keeping up with the X-Men, but back in the day Magneto pretty much always had at least a skin-tight magnetic shield around himself. It wasn't actually drawn, but it explained how he was able to occasionally take stray shots from Cyclops or Colossus without his shields up and not get splattered. Unless he's really degraded since then, I think it is safe to assume he starts off with at least that minimum of protection, which is still good enough to take at least a few hits from Colossus. Magneto also has 15x normal human reaction speed, so it should not take him long to get his full defenses in place.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By the creator

@Buckshot: I take your point about SS's powers versatility but the versatility you mention seems to be in how he links the powers together e.g the rocket example you mention. An example is the way the Invisible Girl shapes her forcefields or how the Human Torch uses his flames to project shapes e.g. Creating flaming duplicates of himself. The fact that he uses his powers to kill does not always confirm versatility. I cannot speak for the ability to fly in space (regarding the need for oxygen for his flame) but I do not lightly dismiss the fact that he has for 30 years appeared weaker than the FF. I continue to take your point about his age and how this impacts on his output. However I don't this battle needs to last for a long period, so I am thinking he needs high output for 15 mins. Here is a link to Magneto deflecting light. http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/6231/magcontrolsphotons0ki.jpg Here is Magneto saying he can control the entire EM spectrum. http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/3257/magelectromagnetic3gu.jpg So from these 2 scans we see he deflects light (and from a previous scan, control light) and light is part of the EM spectrum. In much the same way he has shown the ability to control electricity and heat. His control of heat is in the form of Infrared radiation. So Magneto can easily influence all of the output energy forms of the nova flame from SS (the plasma 'flame' and Heat ). This next scan is from Magneto getting hit by 2 nuclear missiles. http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3559/magtakespain1fh.jpg

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LordOfFate

From what I've seen Magneto should win, once that EM field is up, I found it really hard to believe SS will get though it.

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By PrimeDirective

LOL @ this... Movie Magneto might have trouble, but comic Magneto would have obliterated that pathetic plastic prison from the movies with a wave of his hand. As for the guards, he wouldn't have needed Mystique to inject them with extra iron. He'd have just forced all the iron aready in their blood up into their heads to cause an aneurism or would have just supercharged the iron to boil the blood as is. Heck, he could have just waved his hand and doused them with enough radiation to fry em! Anywho, comic book Magneto doesn't just manipulate metal, he manipulates the entirety of the electromagnetic spectrum (light, microwaves, gamma rays, X-rays, ultraviolet, infrared, etc.), can alter and manipulate any object with an electromagnetic charge (hint: everything has an electromagnetic charge) and is also capable of creating electromagnitism in all its forms (i.e. blasting someone with enough UV radiation to get a year of tanning bed time in six seconds).

If you didn't know, electromagnetism is one of the four foundational forces of the universe (the other three being gravity, weak nuclear force, and strong nuclear force) and is arguably the strongest, having the ability to influence the others. Magneto's control over electromagnetism is so in depth, that he has shown an ability to do just that. He's made gravity wells and wormholes. He's destablized the nuclear force in objects before, making them disintegrate or detonate with the force of a nuclear explosion. He's released EM pulses capable of scattering the human brain's electrical impulses, stopping the heart, and/or leaving nothing but ashes behind. He made Jean Grey with the Phoenix Force unleashed look like a pre-breakfast obstacle. Heck, he's even blocked a blast from Galactus before, showing a greater control over electromagnetism than apparently the Power Cosmic is capable of. He usually exercises incredible restraint, even when playing the part of the villian. Basically, his powers have nothing to do with being limited by how much metal is around, it just adds another hundred or so ways for him to attack you if there is

In short, Super Skrull loses. A LOT!

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By termiteone4ever

Interesting :)

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Army2442

bump

700th post

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jeanroygrant

Magneto.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super skrull.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Simon_the_digger

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Super skrull.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

Based on current levels (as per OP) this one goes to Super Skrull. I believe classic Mags would take this 10/10, but this week he couldn't even take Iron Man just because his suit was made out of carbon nanotubes. Mags is consistently show to be not nearly as powerful as he used to be.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superskrull

DesolatorStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto. Are we really ignoring the fact that Magneto's manipulation of objects is so strong, that half of his power after focusing ripped Apocalypse in half, celestial armor and all? If there's metal around, Super Skrull is going to be battered. His shields have held out against Phoenix. Super Skrull isn't getting past his defenses. Magneto has quite the bag of tricks. Assuming Super Skrull has iron in his blood, he can rag doll him. Let's also not forget magnetic force blasts, or the fact that, if Magneto gets his hands on Super Skrull, his brain goes by by. The method Magneto has used to defeat Phoenix was using magnetism to make a "bottle effect" that sucked out her energy. It's not like Magneto can't do this to Super Skrull.

Sadly, it seems the main argument for Super Skrull is "force field bubble inside of his brain." But let's think for a moment. If Magneto was susceptible to having his body parts manipulated like that, any telekinetic would have beat him easily. Magneto would certainly have a resistance to this.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magneto

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers