Super Saiyan 3 Broly vs Gladiator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for tabithacucumber
TabithaCucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TabithaCucumber

Broly has turned Super Saiyan 3 and is wrecking the planets around him. Gladiator decides to put a stop to Broly's rampage. Who wins?

Battle won by death.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator wins because SSJ3 Broly is featless

TabithaCucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TabithaCucumber

@All_Mighty_Beyonder said:

Broly as SSJ1 busted a whole galaxy. Amplify that by looking at the boost Goku got between SSJ and SSJ3 (plus some since Broly is the Legendary SSJ) and do the math.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TabithaCucumber said:

Broly as SSJ1 busted a whole galaxy. Amplify that by looking at the boost Goku got between SSJ and SSJ3 (plus some since Broly is the Legendary SSJ) and do the math.

naah, Broly didn't destroy the galaxy, those special effects in the movie are rubbish and inconsistent, Goku even teleported to the galaxy and it wsn't destroyed, he was in a planet along with Vegeta Broly and the others, there was a star, a comet around so nop Broly didn't destroy the galaxy, he was destroying planets around in the galaxy but not the entire galaxy.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pokergeist

@TabithaCucumber: Problem is we have nothing to amplify unlike some DBZ characters. All we know is SS1 Broly has FTL Blasts and can bust Planets with ease. Speed and Stricking is comparable to SS3 Goku and more important his durability shrugs of SS1 attacks.

TabithaCucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TabithaCucumber

@TabithaCucumber said:

naah, Broly didn't destroy the galaxy, those special effects in the movie are rubbish and inconsistent, Goku even teleported to the galaxy and it wsn't destroyed, he was in a planet along with Vegeta Broly and the others, there was a star, a comet around so nop Broly didn't destroy the galaxy, he was destroying planets around in the galaxy but not the entire galaxy.

If Broly destroyed like 99.99% of a galaxy, there's still be some random devastated planets/stars here and there, but a few planets don't constitute a galaxy. The scene of a galaxy being destroyed is as good evidence as you're going to get. It's the equivalent of a feat happening on panel in comics - the feat is shown in the illustration.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TabithaCucumber: i just can't accept it. if he wasgalaxy buster how could Goku beat him even when he gathered all the power of his friends and son, they weren't even supernova level. let alone galaxy level. t's very inconsistent

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By reikai

@TabithaCucumber: i just can't accept it. if he wasgalaxy buster how could Goku beat him even when he gathered all the power of his friends and son, they weren't even supernova level. let alone galaxy level. t's very inconsistent

Two words;

PLOT DEVICE

YoungChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By YoungChief

his first defeat was basically PIS anyway, the way it was presented in the movie we're supposed to think he's a galaxy buster though I guess, some argue that we aren't given a good enough timeframe for it, it is a huge outlier if he just blew it up, but it is a non-canon movie after all, he should at least have the power to destroy stars though right?

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

Two words;

PLOT DEVICE

what's plot device? galaxy busting or defeat? :P

@YoungChief said:

his first defeat was basically PIS anyway, the way it was presented in the movie we're supposed to think he's a galaxy buster though I guess, some argue that we aren't given a good enough timeframe for it, it is a huge outlier if he just blew it up, but it is a non-canon movie after all, he should at least have the power to destroy stars though right?

yeah i think his SSJ1 should be at the same level of SSJ2 Goku or Vegeta in Buu saga (who are more powerful than SSJ2 Gohan at Cell saga), because he faced combined power of all Saiyans before he lost including Gohan, and that gives him supernova level though.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlackWind

And here we go...

Flagged.

TabithaCucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TabithaCucumber

@BlackWind said:

And here we go...

Flagged.

Flagged for what? Anime vs comics is allowed and these characters are comparable in power.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Laurcus

The bolded is speculation. There has never been a point where any of the DBZ heroes have put 100% of their power towards indiscriminate collateral damage. We can, at best, try and speculate how powerful they are. The fact that we've speculated that they're weaker than "supernova level" does not automatically make a higher showing PIS.

And just because Goku teleports to the South Galaxy doesn't mean it wasn't destroyed. There could have still been 200 million + planets and more than 99% of the galaxy would be gone. So our visual perspective from a single planet is meaningless. And that's assuming that South Galaxy is as big as a normal galaxy, when it's much more likely that it's a quadrant of the universe.

YoungChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By YoungChief

@Laurcus said:

The bolded is speculation. There has never been a point where any of the DBZ heroes have put 100% of their power towards indiscriminate collateral damage. We can, at best, try and speculate how powerful they are. The fact that we've speculated that they're weaker than "supernova level" does not automatically make a higher showing PIS.

And just because Goku teleports to the South Galaxy doesn't mean it wasn't destroyed. There could have still been 200 million + planets and more than 99% of the galaxy would be gone. So our visual perspective from a single planet is meaningless. And that's assuming that South Galaxy is as big as a normal galaxy, when it's much more likely that it's a quadrant of the universe.

a DBZ guidebook confirms that Super Perfect Cell was a solar system buster, also nice post, you said the bolded part very well

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Laurcus

@YoungChief said:

@Laurcus said:

a DBZ guidebook confirms that Super Perfect Cell was a solar system buster, also nice post, you said the bolded part very well

The guidebook statement proves a minimum, not a maximum. Cell can at least destroy a solar system. He can definitely destroy more, but how much more is speculation.

We know this, because the guidebook states that it was his energy blast that was capable of destroying the solar system. His energy blast was not the sum total of his energy. If it was, Cell would have died just from firing it, because as we've seen multiple times in DBZ, no ki = dead. So he definitely held back some percentage of his power.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xeon1cs

@TabithaCucumber said:

@BlackWind said:

And here we go...

Flagged.

Flagged for what? Anime vs comics is allowed and these characters are comparable in power.

A character that doesn't exist is comparable in power to one that actually does? Well...alright then.

I'd probably just give it to Gladiator anyway.

TabithaCucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TabithaCucumber

@xeon1cs said:

@TabithaCucumber said:

@BlackWind said:

And here we go...

Flagged.

A character that doesn't exist is comparable in power to one that actually does? Well...alright then.

Super Saiyan 3 Broly is a character in DBZ: Raging Blast 2. He "exists" just as much as Gladiator does.

xeon1cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xeon1cs

@TabithaCucumber: Okay and what did he do as SSJ3? What do we have to go by for judging his power?

Basically everything he did in the movies? So Broly with 100% speculative power + what he did in the movies vs Gladiator.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NeonGameWave

Gladiator would win based on feats shown.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Laurcus: Now that DBZ: Battle of Gods is on its way, what do you think of GT and the movies? Are they non canon for sure even if a multiverse is being included for DBZ? Also isn`t it true that the Kaizenshuu`s or guidebooks were accurately translated instead of an individual using examples to translate or refer to them because the Film Anime Comics Guide even confirms the Super Saiyan Grade concepts and Cell`s Solar System busting power. I think Broly or Kid Buu could be galaxy level threats but Bills is definitely a galaxy buster or above. Don`t you agree that the anime is canon and that Frieza did survive Namek`s explosion within the manga as well as anime? Why do many people like to disregard Frieza as being a planet buster or having planetary durability?

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By terry2012

@NeonGameWave: Bills is said to be a galaxy buster, and is the weakest god of them all. The guy he is with is said to be stronger than him. So we will just have to wait and see.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NeonGameWave

@terry2012 said:

@NeonGameWave: Bills is said to be a galaxy buster, and is the weakest god of them all. The guy he is with is said to be stronger than him. So we will just have to wait and see.

Agreed.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By terry2012

@NeonGameWave: Yeah, Here is a good example of his power and judging by that he would be around Buuhan, or in between Boohan and Vegito.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NeonGameWave

@terry2012: I remember this footage and the fight was pretty awesome. However, I think Bills is above Vegito and Buhaan based on the 2 day screenings in Japan as well as information that was leaked, also it was confirmed in an official press release that Bills is the most powerful character in DBZ history which would put him above Vegito.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Rumble Man

Glads would punch him back to non-canon

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gladiator

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By terry2012

@NeonGameWave: Yes I agreed with it. Because Cell in the anime destroy a asteroid Almost the size of a planet. King Vegeta destroyed three Planets in a row with a wave of his hand while breathing in space.

It could be bias. But, I think it mainly hard for them to accept it because they are so use to western comics than Asia comics. Asia comics expect you to receive their word it with little showing or none at all, but western expect you to say it and show it. That could be the problem, but it also could be they just trying to debate, so they play advocated.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By terry2012

@NeonGameWave: Okay, I didn't know that, so now I know. It is also said that their is twelve universe in Dragonball Z. Could this be the start of a new serious?.

@Rumble Man: Laughing out loud. I guess he is non canon until the movie come out then.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NeonGameWave

@terry2012 said:

@NeonGameWave: Okay, I didn't know that, so now I know. It is also said that their is twelve universe in Dragonball Z. Could this be the start of a new serious?.

I hope so and probably yes. Bills said the universe that Goku and his friends know is only the seventh one, also each universe has its God of Destruction, I think there will be a new series and there is a lot of potential in terms of future adventures for the characters.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By terry2012

@NeonGameWave: Yes I hope so, then the debate of Goku vs Superman will end.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NeonGameWave

@terry2012 said:

Agreed.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By terry2012

@NeonGameWave: Yeah.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BlackWind
No Caption Provided

@terry2012 said:

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By THORSON

broley curbstomp

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Kallark

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By terry2012

@BlackWind: Hope Yep.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By darkelf35

Brolly easily the longer the fight lasts the stronger he gets and the more gladiators confidence will wain.

All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Laurcus said:

@YoungChief said:

@Laurcus said:

The guidebook statement proves a minimum, not a maximum. Cell can at least destroy a solar system. He can definitely destroy more, but how much more is speculation.

We know this, because the guidebook states that it was his energy blast that was capable of destroying the solar system. His energy blast was not the sum total of his energy. If it was, Cell would have died just from firing it, because as we've seen multiple times in DBZ, no ki = dead. So he definitely held back some percentage of his power.

agreed.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jorgevy

did SSj3 Broly even do anything in Raging blast? I never played the game because it looked like it sucked, but Im curious as to if he did anything worthwhile

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By nefarious

Broly.

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By darkelf35

brolly

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NeonGameWave

Like I said before, Gladiator should win based on the standard of feats but in my opinion Broly would win overall.

Feats shown: Gladiator.

Realistically and theoretically: Broly.

I`m going with Broly though because LSSJ Broly would probably be able to take on and defeat Gladiator so it should be plausible that a more powerful version which achieves SSJ3 form would be able to do the same but far easier, so Broly wrecks.

Setherial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Setherial

Gladiator.

alcoholbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By alcoholbob

Gladiator loses because that photo of Gladiator is featless.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS3 Broly *sigh* Wasn't that like just, in a game and even in the game he had the same move set.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Laurcus

@NeonGameWave said:

@Laurcus: Now that DBZ: Battle of Gods is on its way, what do you think of GT and the movies? Are they non canon for sure even if a multiverse is being included for DBZ? Also isn`t it true that the Kaizenshuu`s or guidebooks were accurately translated instead of an individual using examples to translate or refer to them because the Film Anime Comics Guide even confirms the Super Saiyan Grade concepts and Cell`s Solar System busting power. I think Broly or Kid Buu could be galaxy level threats but Bills is definitely a galaxy buster or above. Don`t you agree that the anime is canon and that Frieza did survive Namek`s explosion within the manga as well as anime? Why do many people like to disregard Frieza as being a planet buster or having planetary durability?

Personally, I think of everything as canon now, until different continuities cause a need for more than 12 universes, in which case I will call things non-canon in this order from most important to least. Manga > anime > movies > GT > DB:O> other video games > live action movies.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pokergeist

@xeon1cs said:

@TabithaCucumber: Okay and what did he do as SSJ3? What do we have to go by for judging his power?

Basically everything he did in the movies? So Broly with 100% speculative power + what he did in the movies vs Gladiator.

Like I said. All we can really base this is off SS1 Broly feats.

Broly is faster than Super Sayain 2s, has in the movies used FTL Blasts that travel from planet to planet in a second. Blown up Planets with ease. Travels FTL as he traveled the Galaxy blowing up Planets with no ship. As a Child he made a Forcefield that cruise Lightyears in space when Vegata Planet was blown by Frieza.

So Broly feats are not lacking. We cant used featless SS3 so we revert back to feats of SS1.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By New_World_Order

Broly.