• 58 results
#1 Edited by GodTriggerHulk (1904 posts) - - Show Bio

Both fighters begin at 100% (That includes a full 30 minute fuse time for Gotenks)

Super Perfect Cell gets 3 seconds prep.

SSJ1 Gotenks gets 2 minutes of prep (Picollo is present for 10 seconds of it)

Both have standard background knowledge and are going for the kill, but are in character.

Victory by any means.

The fight begins in the same wasteland Goku fought Vegeta in the first time.

Round 1: Pre Hyperbolic time chamber training Gotenks.

Round 2: Post Hyperbolic time chamber training Gotenks.

#2 Edited by GodTriggerHulk (1904 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by Dratini1331 (6409 posts) - - Show Bio

SSj1 Gotenks was supposedly enough to kill the Fat buu, who what? 2-shots gohan and beats on vegeta who was stronger than Super Perfect cell? Gotenks wins a landslide majority unless cell just runs away for 30 minutes, which is entirely out of character for cell.

#4 Posted by KnightOfZero (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know, i think that round round might go to cell. i think he can out last gotenks for 30 minutes and can easily kill trunks and goten. round 2, it would be tougher for cell. i think the kids can take it in round 2, but if they dont do a giant ki blast to one shot cell before the time limit, then cell would win

#5 Posted by Phoenixgeist (3661 posts) - - Show Bio

@godtriggerhulk: What do you have against cell?

obvious spite, ssj1 gotenks was stated to be enough to kill fat buu. that makes him about = ssj3 goku. cell lost to ssj2 kid gohan.

#6 Posted by KnightOfZero (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think ss1 gotenks is equal to ss3 goku. im pretty sure goku cold take ss1 gotenks in a fight

#7 Posted by RebornAkuma (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since perfect cell has a whole 3 seconds of prep I think he takes it

Nope :l

#8 Posted by KnightOfZero (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

well, how does a fused ss1 compare to gohan ss2? is it significantly stronger, or would they be close in power?

i know that ss1 gotenks was supposed to be able to defeat super buu, but in the end, didnt it take ss3 gotenks, meaning that ss1 gotenks might not be overwhelmingly powerful when compared to cell?

#9 Posted by SheenLantern (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofzero said:

i dont think ss1 gotenks is equal to ss3 goku. im pretty sure goku cold take ss1 gotenks in a fight

After training in the RoSaT, Base Gotenks would wipe the floor with SSJ3 Goku.

#10 Posted by SSJLozza (1527 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotenks

#11 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotenks stomps. Cell is a joke at this point.

#12 Posted by ferventking (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Victory by any means Cell instant transmissions out to the other half of the universe, waits half an hour then ITs back to kill Goten and Trunks. Otherwise, Gotenks should win.

#13 Edited by Phoenixgeist (3661 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofzero: sup dude, though trunks and goten are young, they are very powerful beings, they could kill frieza individually at this point.

An SSJ gotenks has the power of them both multiplied together, and is described as being immensely powerful, easily able to take out fat buu. but when they arrived to fight, evil buu had already eaten fat buu, so they had to fight super buu and unfortunately got outclassed.

Goku stated that in SSJ3 he could've defeated fat buu, and also, when he and vegeta go into superbuu and stole all of his absorbs from him, he tells vegeta to be careful as even though he's powered down, he still outclasses both he and vegeta.

ssj3 gotenks is close to ultimate gohan who can defeat superbuu(strongest form of buu) but ssj3 goku can take out kid buu at best.

i don't want to argue or anything i just want you to see how ssj gotenks is equal or close to same powerlevel as ssj3 goku.

so all in all,

super buu > ssj gotenks & ssj3 goku > fat buu

and ultimate gohan > superbuu = ssj3 gotenks (if superbuu has no one absorbed)

#14 Posted by dondave (26611 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotenks

#15 Posted by theONEtaichou (1439 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotenks stomps first round and rolfwtfcurbstompageepicproportionsuniversaldestructionpawnage in the second round

good day

#16 Posted by Marshall_Long (1714 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotenks both rounds.

#17 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (868 posts) - - Show Bio

See it this way.

Super perfect Cell has a power level of 225,000,000

Super Saiyan Gotenks has a power level of 1,200,000,000....

You do the math.

#18 Posted by the_last_kryptonian (868 posts) - - Show Bio

well, how does a fused ss1 compare to gohan ss2? is it significantly stronger, or would they be close in power?

i know that ss1 gotenks was supposed to be able to defeat super buu, but in the end, didnt it take ss3 gotenks, meaning that ss1 gotenks might not be overwhelmingly powerful when compared to cell?

What exactly is your point? Super buu shit on cell, so how is gotenks failing to defeat him making him any less powerful than cell? That's like saying a gorilla failed to beat the hulk, so a gorilla isn't much stronger than a human. FALSE. And to address your earlier comment, SSJ1 gotenks isn't equal to ssj3 goku, he's stronger. SSJ1 gotenks would simply murder cell.

#19 Posted by DanM (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotenks showcasing the ability to fight with Buu in itself already puts him well above Cell at this point, the power difference would be quite substantial. Given his childish antics he could somehow find a way to lose the fight, but it wouldn't be likely and wouldn't be because he was overpowered, I say Gotenks 9/10.

#20 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@knightofzero: sup dude, though trunks and goten are young, they are very powerful beings, they could kill frieza individually at this point.

Wrong. Battle of the Gods states that Frieza > Base Goku meaning the boys should actually be weaker then Frieza even as a Super Saiyan.

Those guys they face that are supposedly as strong as Frieza don't count as we never get told just what form of Frieza they're supposedly equal to and considering Frieza always went about in his first form then that means....

Yes its a plot hole but going with the characters in at their most recent should result in an easy win for Cell.

#21 Posted by Phoenixgeist (3661 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_kryptonian: whoa dude, if you think SSJ gotenks is stronger Than SSJ3 goku, you should create a thread(if there isn't one) or something, i think that's a good matchup. but i have to agree that they are at least equal and that ssj1 gotenks vs super perfect cell is a mismatch spite slaughterstomp

#22 Posted by Phoenixgeist (3661 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia: hey dude, a few problems

1. battle of the gods hasn't been released in america nor is it even subbed, but if you have proof of them stating that base goku(FROM WHEN?) is weaker than frieza, then ok.

also base goku is not > ssj trunks and goten. so your statement is invalid anyway.

2. WHAT GUYS? the androids? because if so then they are ridiculously stronger than frieza. Robo frieza is not only stronger than frieza but king cold is absurdly stronger than his son, future trunks took them both out, ssj1, with EASE, and even he was pissed his pants when someone mentioned the androids.

3. no win for cell, no win. cell was defeated by ssj2 kid gohan. ssj1 gotenks is equal to or greater than ssj3 goku. this is not even a fair matchup.

#23 Posted by SirMethos (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

See it this way.

Super perfect Cell has a power level of 225,000,000

Super Saiyan Gotenks has a power level of 1,200,000,000....

You do the math.

Considering that there are pretty much no official power levels after Namek, I'm kinda curious about where you got the numbers.

#24 Posted by Djangophile (267 posts) - - Show Bio

I just dont see Fat Buu doing much against SSJ1 Gotenks...and Fat Buu would wreck any version of Cell all day long. Sooooo....Gotenks wins.

#25 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@rozalia: hey dude, a few problems

1. battle of the gods hasn't been released in america nor is it even subbed, but if you have proof of them stating that base goku(FROM WHEN?) is weaker than frieza, then ok.

also base goku is not > ssj trunks and goten. so your statement is invalid anyway.

2. WHAT GUYS? the androids? because if so then they are ridiculously stronger than frieza. Robo frieza is not only stronger than frieza but king cold is absurdly stronger than his son, future trunks took them both out, ssj1, with EASE, and even he was pissed his pants when someone mentioned the androids.

3. no win for cell, no win. cell was defeated by ssj2 kid gohan. ssj1 gotenks is equal to or greater than ssj3 goku. this is not even a fair matchup.

I've been told by quite a few people that Bill's mentions that Goku in his current state (Base) would be no match for Frieza and as I see no people calling it false on the internet I'll take it as a likely truth. Also before you mention it Goku was training so he wasn't suppressing himself for no reason.

I'll get to that point below.

The guys from the special Abo and Kado who are stated to be as strong as Frieza. Now everyone assumed this meant Full power Frieza even though Tarble (who states their power range) would only know of first form Frieza, but with the advent of that line (from AT himself) regarding Frieza > Base Goku it pretty much confirms they are actually only equal to 1st form Frieza which if that is the case means Trunks and Goten are somewhere around 500,000 powerlevel in base form.

Going SSJ wouldn't be enough even together to take down Frieza.

This would clear up a few things also such as confirming Android 18 was holding back (by a massive amount) when she faced the boys in the tournament, Gohan was Mystic in Fusion Reborn and some other things.

It does sadly also open up crater wide plotholes unless you subscribe to the idea that the Super Saiyan boost is way beyond a 50x boost.

#26 Edited by SheenLantern (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

Wrong. Battle of the Gods states that Frieza > Base Goku meaning the boys should actually be weaker then Frieza even as a Super Saiyan.

Their fight against Android 18 pretty much proves that SSJ Goten/Trunks > Base Goku.

#27 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@rozalia said:

Their fight against Android 18 pretty much proves that SSJ Goten/Trunks > Base Goku.

I didn't say they weren't. The kids (base) are weaker then base Goku and if base Goku needs to go SSJ to defeat Frieza then the boys have no chance even in SSJ.
As for 18 she was holding back as told.

#28 Posted by SheenLantern (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

@sheenlantern said:

@rozalia said:

I didn't say they weren't. The kids (base) are weaker then base Goku and if base Goku needs to go SSJ to defeat Frieza then the boys have no chance even in SSJ.

If you really believe that, then what are your fusion multipliers like?

Cus according to you, Goten and Trunks as SSJ go from being massively under Frieza to Gotenks, who when he first appeared was equal to SSJ3 Goku as a SSJ.

#29 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia:

Incorrect.

Bills was surprised anyone could take down Frieza upon hearing the news that Frieza had been killed by Goku, but upon actually combating the Saiyans he was like 'Alright that makes sense'.

#30 Posted by SheenLantern (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@rozalia:

Incorrect.

Bills was surprised anyone could take down Frieza upon hearing the news that Frieza had been killed by Goku, but upon actually combating the Saiyans he was like 'Alright that makes sense'.

I thought it was when Bills met Goku on King Kai's planet, before he showed him the Super Saiyan forms?

#31 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

@rozalia said:

@sheenlantern said:

@rozalia said:

If you really believe that, then what are your fusion multipliers like?

Cus according to you, Goten and Trunks as SSJ go from being massively under Frieza to Gotenks, who when he first appeared was equal to SSJ3 Goku as a SSJ.

As I said it causes crater wide plotholes for the most part unless you subscribe to certain ideas such as:

1: Last recorded powerlevel was suppressed Trunk's 5. All villains from then on aren't actually crazy amounts above Frieza such as Cell being Frieza x 1.5/2, Buu x 2.5/3 you get the idea. If this is so then the numbers would match up more nicely.
2: The fusion multiplier is absolutely insane to the point of hilarity.
3: AT subscribes to the idea that his characters are as strong as they need to be as to make them easier to write into the fights. Sometimes there might be logically explanations such as Piccolo's strength boosts (outside Nail anyway) but mostly they make little sense such as Goku's titanic boost on Namek.
4: The line was put in to rein all the powerlevel nonsense as AT is tired of them.

However the true explanation for most of these things tend to be that AT is a lazy and thus bad writer for the most part.

#32 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia:

Incorrect.

I thought it was when Bills met Goku on King Kai's planet, before he showed him the Super Saiyan forms?

Hmmm might've been

But I do know for sure that Bills retracted his statement about being surprised Goku could take down Frieza

#33 Posted by SheenLantern (5322 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia: Didn't East Supreme Kai state that all the Supreme Kais were "Each a thousand times more powerful than the one you called Frieza"?

#34 Edited by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia: Didn't East Supreme Kai state that all the Supreme Kais were "Each a thousand times more powerful than the one you called Frieza"?

Yep

And Kibito Kai was waaaaay too weak to fight Super Buu

Also, the Supreme Kai was deemed unworthy of the Z-Sword

So there you have it

#35 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern said:

Yep

And Kibito Kai was waaaaay too weak to fight Super Buu

Also, the Supreme Kai was deemed unworthy of the Z-Sword

So there you have it

That is an Anime thing (1000x Frieza). Supreme Kai said he could defeat Frieza in one blow. There is a difference.

#36 Posted by Dratini1331 (6409 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by xlab3000 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotenks

#38 Posted by russellmania77 (13586 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh .... Gotenks stomps

#39 Edited by Phoenixgeist (3661 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia: Oooooh...

You seem to be living a world where movies are Canon...

#40 Posted by Djangophile (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to tell if these numbers actually make any sense. Goku at SSJ2 is listed at 3 billion, but his SSJ3 form is 24 billion. Thats an 8x increase in power over his SSJ2 form, 160x over his SSJ1 form. If Gotenks follows the same suit, his power level at SSJ3 is

6,400,000,000,000 or 6.4 TRILLION!? Thats without the obvious Fusion boost in power. His SSJ3 is 26x as powerful as SSJ3 Goku? What on Earth? I don't think so. Even the official power ratings do not make any sense. I have the Dai6, where is this page listed? You said it was official, but I've not seen where it was actually printed in any official sources. Yakon having a power of 800 million vs Final Form Freeza at 120 Million ? Nonsense. Yakon shouldn't be anywhere near Freeza in my opinion. Lots of inconsistencies in that listing. Super Vegeta 1.4 BILLION and SSJ3 Goku is 24 Billion? What the hell !? Seriously, not one thing on that listing is to be trusted as official. Its officially nonsense, thats about it.

@sirmethos: From the handbook =/

#41 Edited by Nefarious (17622 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotenks lolstomps.

#42 Posted by Dratini1331 (6409 posts) - - Show Bio

@djangophile: It's from V-Jump, so take it for what it's worth =P My bad on the wrong call though =/ mea culpa

#43 Edited by Djangophile (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah! I see. No prob bob. y so. If anyone believes Gotenks will win this, they must agree the boost in Fusing is huge. Absolutely huge. Not a chance Goten and Trunks Base form were anywhere near Goku. Maybe combined they were close, or even a bit more. I do not agree that Fusion boosts their power so much so that the combined power of two super saiyans fusing together can equate to a higher power level than a single SSJ2. I personally think Gotenks SSJ3 is only a little more powerful than SSJ3 Goku due only to an unknown bonus from Fusion. If you agree that Perfect Cell, whom is on par with a high level SSJ2 ) then you have to agree that two Super Saiyan 1s combined with the power of fusion must boost their power to extreme levels. Abolutely extreme to the point of silliness even for DBZ logic. It must be a factor of 50x just for the fusion technique to take 2 super saiyans and have their SSJ1 form be significantly stronger than a single SSJ2.

I retract my statement, Perfect Cell is still stronger than SSj1 Gotenks.

Super Perfect Cell = more strength than a high level SSJ2 Kid Gohan

SSJ1 Gotenks = the combined power of SSJ1 Goten + SSj1 Trunks + An unknown bonus % increase.

So, you need to decide how much that boost is, I just can't agree that Fusion technique will provide a MASSIVE power boost, so much so that it makes basically two super saiyans combined significantly more powerful than a single SSJ2....especially not against Super Perfect cell.

@dratini1331 said:

@djangophile: It's from V-Jump, so take it for what it's worth =P My bad on the wrong call though =/ mea culpa

#44 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@rozalia: Oooooh...

You seem to be living a world where movies are Canon...

Battle of the Gods is so your point? If I was using something from say Dead Zone or Bokack unbound then you'd have a point but as BOTG is canon you got nothing.

Hard to tell if these numbers actually make any sense. Goku at SSJ2 is listed at 3 billion, but his SSJ3 form is 24 billion. Thats an 8x increase in power over his SSJ2 form, 160x over his SSJ1 form. If Gotenks follows the same suit, his power level at SSJ3 is

6,400,000,000,000 or 6.4 TRILLION!? Thats without the obvious Fusion boost in power. His SSJ3 is 26x as powerful as SSJ3 Goku? What on Earth? I don't think so. Even the official power ratings do not make any sense. I have the Dai6, where is this page listed? You said it was official, but I've not seen where it was actually printed in any official sources. Yakon having a power of 800 million vs Final Form Freeza at 120 Million ? Nonsense. Yakon shouldn't be anywhere near Freeza in my opinion. Lots of inconsistencies in that listing. Super Vegeta 1.4 BILLION and SSJ3 Goku is 24 Billion? What the hell !? Seriously, not one thing on that listing is to be trusted as official. Its officially nonsense, thats about it.

@dratini1331 said:

@sirmethos: From the handbook =/

That is because anything powerlevel related after Namek is fanwank, all of it. If what I've been told is true and it seems to be semi confirmed then all those power levels are massively inaccurate as Base Goku even after the Majin saga (when BOTG is set) is still weaker then Frieza.

If we were to assume that Goku's powerlevel stayed the same then according to that SSJ3 is a 8000x multiplier.
If we assume that he powered up to 100,000,000 (while in base) which is unlikely then even then it'd be a huge 240x multiplier.

People already are calling it crap even though it comes from AT himself as it challenges their big fantasy numbers. They'll just have to deal with the fact that outside their transformations all the Saiyans are significantly weaker then the likes of Piccolo or even Tien.

#45 Edited by Djangophile (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I agree. None of it makes sense. All I can say for sure is that Fusion allows the new being to be at least double the power of each single being that fused together. Which means Gotenks at SSJ1 is double the power level of SSJ1 Goten or Trunks. Even Double that power plus the fusion dance bonus really should not be anywhere near SSJ2. Certainly not against Super Perfect Cell, who was a very high level SSJ2 technically. I mean, he was really going all out in power and had the upper hand in power over SSJ2 Gohan but lost speed factor. Its his version of Ultra Super Saiyan 2. I just can't see any logic in the fusion dance providing a super masssive power boost in the final being after two individuals combine. That is REALLY SILLY, even for DB and all the insane inconsistencies lol. The boost in power must be so large that its not even worth talking about further, which to me is proof that Fusion Dance is really nothing more than doubling + a bit extra of either individual. Meaning, SSJ1 Gotenks is potentially double the strength of SSJ1 Goten or Trunks + a little more. And that SSJ3 Gotenks is double the strength plus a little more than SSJ3 Goku.

SSJ1 Gotenks is nowhere near Perfect Cell :\

#46 Posted by Dratini1331 (6409 posts) - - Show Bio

@djangophile: Ah, officially the SSj2 multiplyer is x2, so x100 total, versus the x50 of SSj1. Also, Majin Buu, the fat one, takes out Vegeta at Max, who was stronger than Cell, or at least even. Goku is 100% certain that a fusion at SSj1 will be enough to beat Buu. Also, the Fusion between Goku and Veget was capable of Fighting Buuhan in base form, so it stands to reason that Fusion has a substantially huge multiplier (I always assumed it was some kind of exponential one).

#47 Posted by Phoenixgeist (3661 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia: Not battle of the gods, but that special thing with tarble.

#48 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@rozalia: Not battle of the gods, but that special thing with tarble.

Tarble is mentioned in BOTG so his OVA is canon.

@djangophile: Ah, officially the SSj2 multiplyer is x2, so x100 total, versus the x50 of SSj1. Also, Majin Buu, the fat one, takes out Vegeta at Max, who was stronger than Cell, or at least even. Goku is 100% certain that a fusion at SSj1 will be enough to beat Buu. Also, the Fusion between Goku and Veget was capable of Fighting Buuhan in base form, so it stands to reason that Fusion has a substantially huge multiplier (I always assumed it was some kind of exponential one).

If we were to take Goku as never having passed the 3,000,000 mark in base then that would mean SSJ2 is 300,000,000. SSJ3 would be 450,000,000 or 600,000,000 depending on if its a x3 or x3 multiplier.

Those numbers are large but far more reasonable then that mad 24,000,000,000 figure.

#49 Posted by Perethorn (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

Cell has nothing on Gotenks. Gotenks effortless curbstomp

#50 Edited by Djangophile (267 posts) - - Show Bio

Gokus official power level at SSJ1 is 150 million. Using the X2 Multiplier for SSJ2, its 300 Million at minimum. These calculations are official. Yes, base level raises over time but in my view its not even close to what some others say. I dont think Base Form Goku can take out Freeza in the Buu saga for example. It grew, but not that much. So there is a margin of error and as I have said for the past few years since these numbers were made official ( The saiyan mulitpliers ) my theory is proven correct. Proof below.

Base Goku = 3 million

Goku SSJ1 = 150 million

SSJ2 = 300 million

SSJ3 = 1.2 Billion

SSJ4 = 12 Billion

Goten and trunks combined makes their base power level around 6 million. Stop right here though, thats assuming they are both as strong as Goku in base form, which clearly they are not at all. But it is clear whoever made these numbers up used the exact same formula I am using and that assumed Goten and Trunks base level were 3 million in the time of the buu saga, as Gokus was in the freeza saga.

So for SSJ1 Gotenks should be at 300 million, which is the same as Perfect Cell and SSJ2 Gohan. Identically the same actually. SSJ1 Gotenks = Perfect Cell/SSj2 Gohan roughly. Calculated via 3 million for Goten, 3 million for Trunks. It equals 6 million. 6 million times 50 for the first saiyan form level increase equals 300 million.

SSJ2 is only double SSJ1. SSJ2 Gotenks should be around 600 million. SSJ3 Gotenks around 12 billion. Which is exactly what Goku at SSJ4 is. Do you see a pattern? My theory fits into the pieces 100% with the official statements. The folly here is that Goten and Trunks Base level shouldnt be like Goku and Vegeta, so its probably a bit lower, maybe 1/3 less? Who knows, the only clear statement that is still subjective is that the boys were not as powerful as their fathers in base form.

This means that SSJ1 Gotenks and Perfect Cell were exactly the same in power. However, Super Perfect Cell was stronger but slower, and still the much greater fighter. Goten and Trunks are nowhere near as good as Cell. So, despite having roughly similar powers Cell is definitely going to win. The only thing that does not reflect the saiyan multiplier levels is Vegitto. They made Base Veggito stronger than everyone, when he should be a bit stronger than Gotenks at the same level. It makes NO SENSE :P Everything calculated prior to Vegitto makes sense with Mystic Gohan as the exception. Elder Kai did something different and boosted him to insane power. Vegitto used the earrings, not the Dance. So he too is different and does not follow the typical saiyan multipliers. Its clearly a much larger increase than normal. But Gotenks is not special, he is exactly on par with Perfect Cell, inferior to Super Perfect cell in power level but who is still slower than Gotenks, but much more experienced and a much better fighter. Cell definitely wins this. This is also proof that Vegitto is significantly stronger than SSJ4 Goku in GT. SIGNIFICANTLY STRONGER.

@dratini1331 said: