#1 Posted by ben_coby (224 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules

1. You can select heros or villains of your choice who can evade the omega beam.

2. Your selection can come from DC or Marvel.

3. Win by evading the omega beam.

#2 Edited by dondave (36590 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West and Hunter Zolomon

#3 Edited by MonsterStomp (17024 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom.

#4 Posted by KnightOfZero (1550 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone with intangibility

#5 Edited by SSJ4Hulk (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's Batman!

#6 Posted by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightofzero: I thought omega beams went through intangibility, no?

As for OP:

@dondave said:

Wally West and Hunter Zolomon

#8 Posted by ComicStooge (12593 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone with intangibility

Actually, it still works on them.

Online
#9 Posted by gav (634 posts) - - Show Bio

To add to Wally and Hunter, Surfer.

I'd be more curious who can tank/absorb/redirect the beam...

#10 Posted by ben_coby (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav

Spectre tanked it and it hurt him alot, I also think it did kill doomsday.

as for absorbing and redirecting, I dont think anyone would try to take that chance since they do not really know how the beam works.

#11 Posted by DeathSamurai (537 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby: @gav: I would bet money Surfer can absorb it, and maybe captain atom too.

#12 Edited by gav (634 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Mjolnir would absorb/redirect it?

Scan: Absorbing and redirecting the Null bomb which is capable of blowing up a galaxy.

#13 Posted by patrat18 (9582 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav: you do know that the beams are not direct right?and that they go al over the place by darseids will.and that they can separate at will to hit their target a great speeds right right.

#14 Posted by ben_coby (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@gav:

@patrat18 said:

@gav: you do know that the beams are not direct right?and that they go al over the place by darseids will.and that they can separate at will to hit their target a great speeds right right.

Pretty much what i was thinking of. Thanks patrat18 :)

#15 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, it still works on them.

Could you show me a instance where OB has shown to hurt an intangible beam, i dont recall any such instance.

#16 Posted by gav (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18 said:

@gav: you do know that the beams are not direct right?and that they go al over the place by darseids will.and that they can separate at will to hit their target a great speeds right right.

Yes. His hammer has absorbed energies right out of people w/o a direct beam.

#17 Edited by TifaLockhart (14044 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

Misfit!

@ben_coby said:

@gav

Spectre tanked it and it hurt him alot, I also think it did kill doomsday.

as for absorbing and redirecting, I dont think anyone would try to take that chance since they do not really know how the beam works.

It blasted Doomsday into something and then he got up and beat Darkseid almost to death.

#19 Edited by ben_coby (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve

Yes all that you have said is true,but the point I was making to gav was that you can not take a chance to tank the OB. However even in doomsday's case, we all know that he cannot be killed permanently so what if he was destroyed or even killed and he evolved to come back. Now say the same thing happens to someone who cannot evolve, then that person is dead and also taking doomsday durability into consideration.

#20 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge said:

Actually, it still works on them.

Could you show me a instance where OB has shown to hurt an intangible beam, i dont recall any such instance.

An intangible beam or being? If it is being then he's done it twice to the same intangible person....

First 2 are from Young Justice 37, last 4 are from Young Justice 55.

#21 Posted by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby said:

@Pokeysteve

Yes all that you have said is true,but the point I was making to gav was that you can not take a chance to tank the OB. However even in doomsday's case, we all know that he cannot be killed permanently so what if he was destroyed or even killed and he evolved to come back. Now say the same thing happens to someone who cannot evolve, then that person is dead and also taking doomsday durability into consideration.

Doomsday heals really fast but evolving takes time. When Superman killed him with a punch, it took a while to come back just from that. He would have been down much longer if the OB killed him.

#22 Edited by ben_coby (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve

Points well taken but can you post the scan between doomsday and darkseid where doomsday got destroyed.

#23 Edited by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby: Sure no problem. I can have them for you tomorrow afternoon.

#24 Edited by New_World_Order (13050 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#25 Posted by ben_coby (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pokeysteve

Okay.

#26 Edited by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby:

The uploader is being an ass so the order is left to right. I wasn't sure what you wanted exactly so I did these three.

#27 Posted by Freefa11 (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve said:

@ben_coby:

The uploader is being an ass so the order is left to right. I wasn't sure what you wanted exactly so I did these three.

Honestly, that really doesn't look like DD getting killed, just knocked over and buried for a few seconds. Pretty much the same cliche you get every time a new villain shows up in Dragonball Z. Why do people think it killed him? By that logic, he probably "died" when the million-nuke explosion went off too.

@ssj4hulk said:

Because he's Batman!

I can do you one better

Yes, that's Robin dodging the Omega Beams.

#28 Posted by ben_coby (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby:

The uploader is being an ass so the order is left to right. I wasn't sure what you wanted exactly so I did these three.

Thanks for the great scans from it i can only see Darkseid saying die and then shooting the omega beam at Doomsday but i was more interested in the scan showing what happens after the attack by Darkseid.

#29 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman :)

#30 Edited by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby said:
@pokeysteve said:

@ben_coby:

The uploader is being an ass so the order is left to right. I wasn't sure what you wanted exactly so I did these three.

Thanks for the great scans from it i can only see Darkseid saying die and then shooting the omega beam at Doomsday but i was more interested in the scan showing what happens after the attack by Darkseid.

You mean the counter attack by Doomsday? After he gets up.

#31 Posted by Freefa11 (2337 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby: The order is actually from right to left, so what happens after DS shoots him is DD just gets up from under a bunch of rubble and charges him. These are the next two pages; after that the fight is over and DD is just dragging DS's unconscious body around.

#32 Posted by ben_coby (224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11

@Pokeysteve

I have seen them now, its very tricky but it seems Doomsday tanked OB.Impressive and you guys thanks for the scans.

#33 Posted by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

@ben_coby said:

@Freefa11

@Pokeysteve

I have seen them now, its very tricky but it seems Doomsday tanked OB.Impressive and you guys thanks for the scans.

You are most welcome.