Sunspot vs. Namor

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tone702

During the day, on land away from water. No morals.

Comicfan47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Comicfan47

huh good fight i dont know

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Tone702 said:
During the day, on land away from water. No morals.
Depends on how long Namor has been out of water. But considering his history, Namor would stomp Sunspot easily.
Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tone702

I think this would be a lot closer. Namor out of the water for some time would probably be on the same playing field strength wise as Sunspot. (50 ton class) They both fly, but Bobby has the range attacks. Namor of course has the experience. 

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Namor is far faster and has far better strength feats. Even out of water. Namor spanks the kid.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII said:

Namor is far faster and has far better strength feats. Even out of water. Namor spanks the kid.

Yes, but the environment hinders Namor while at the same time enhancing Sunspot. He works better in sunlight.

EDIT: I think. Not 100% sure.
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@JediXMan said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Yes, but the environment hinders Namor while at the same time enhancing Sunspot. He works better in sunlight.

EDIT: I think. Not 100% sure.

I think sunlight fuels his strength and durability. But I'm not sure he is enhanced under its influence. I think he's more like a battery that needs solar energy to charge his cells. If someone can highlight feats that come close to what Namor has accomplished ... even out of water... then perhaps this might be a better fight that I thought.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Just reading recent stories, Sunspot KO'd Sugarman with a concussive blast. He is quite a smart fighter too he comes up with strategies on the fly. An example of this was when faced with an opponent who cannot be moved when his feet are planted on the ground, he broke the opponent's (sorry not sure what his name is) leg than Colossus KO'd him with a single punch. I will see if I can get some more feats. He and Cannonball also survived an encounter with Legion which is impressive.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Just reading recent stories, Sunspot KO'd Sugarman with a concussive blast. He is quite a smart fighter too he comes up with strategies on the fly. An example of this was when faced with an opponent who cannot be moved when his feet are planted on the ground, he broke the opponent's (sorry not sure what his name is) leg than Colossus KO'd him with a single punch. I will see if I can get some more feats. He and Cannonball also survived an encounter with Legion which is impressive.
He may have survived an encounter with Legion but I don't see how it's completely relevant to Namor unless Legion was flying at mach speeds throwing punches or Namor's caliber around. Granted I haven't read much of Sunspot so you're more knowledgeable on him than I am, so durability feats would be key here if you could find them please.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
They already fought. Namor headbutted him for the KO.
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By madrid_san
@Morpheus_ said:

When was this? I rmember Namor made a guest apperance in the 80's. That would make Bobby a mere teen. He is stronger and tougher these days, but I will get some samples later if I can.
Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tone702

I don't have a scan, and to be honest I don't remember when, but didn't Bobby take a head on collision from an 18 wheeler going 100mph? Thats pretty impressive.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Tone702 said:
I don't have a scan, and to be honest I don't remember when, but didn't Bobby take a head on collision from an 18 wheeler going 100mph? Thats pretty impressive.
That doesn't really make sense. Wasn't he team always constantly saying to him, "Careful, Bobby! You're strong, not invulnerable!"
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@madrid_san said:
@Morpheus_ said:
When was this?
 Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia.

The rest of the post is pointless, as a result.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Hmm... I am sure Bobby is not invunerable but he has some good feats of durability such as taking a 18 wheeler. I will find some more samples if I can once I can get out of work lol

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor.
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Hmm... I am sure Bobby is not invunerable but he has some good feats of durability such as taking a 18 wheeler. I will find some more samples if I can once I can get out of work lol
I'm not claiming to be very well-versed on Sunspot (truth be told, I have read very few comics with him in them), but I was under the impression that that was a big part of his whole 'schtick' in New Mutants comics. Something big is starting to go down, Sunspot powers up and rushes headlong into the situation, and his teammates all shout at him, "Be careful! You're strong but you're not invulnerable!" 

If you have any more examples showing he has superhuman durability, those would be great. I always like learning about characters I'm not really familiar with.
King_Namor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Namor

IMPERIOUS REX!!!

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tone702

That saying is old, his durability has increased. Even tho his durability has increased, he still isn't impervious. Impervious means you can't be harmed. Even Wolverine can be harmed, he just regenerates. My take on that saying is that his durability isnt on the same level as his strength, like most strong ppl, but that doesn't mean he can't take a punch.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@Tone702 said:

That saying is old, his durability has increased. Even tho his durability has increased, he still isn't impervious. Impervious means you can't be harmed. Even Wolverine can be harmed, he just regenerates. My take on that saying is that his durability isnt on the same level as his strength, like most strong ppl, but that doesn't mean he can't take a punch.

THat is exact! Most super strong guys (Colossus, Namor, etc..) are as tough as they are strong. Sunspot is not. I got some old new mutants books around and new ones. Give me a day or so to get some up. Been a while since I saw these I need to refresh my brain.

Off  the top of my head, he was taking some abuse from Barburus ( a 30 tonner) with more annoyance than actual pain.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@venomoushatred1001 said:

Namor.

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tone702

BTW, I don't think Namor flies faster than Sunspot. I think they are about the same, if anything Sunspot might be faster. I distinctly remember Cannonball saying Sunspot was just as fast as he but with better control and I doubt Namor is on Cannonball's level of speed.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By progenitorigin

Going with Namor on this one. Namor's faced stronger foes than Sunspot on land.

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tone702

I think Sunspot at his fullest potential has the ability to pull off the upset.