Sunspot vs Firestar vs Storm - Battle on Heat Generation

Avatar image for neptune_god_of_water
Neptune God of Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, who can generate the most amount of heat ? 
Who can make it the hottest on earth ? 
Battle 1- Largest Amount of heat ? 
Battle 2- Who can actually generate the hottest temperature ? 
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Fire Star

Don't know much about Storm's heat generation or Sunspots, but going by what I know and feats I have been shown,
Battle 1- Firestar 
Battle 2- Firestar  
I would like to see some feats for the others though....
Avatar image for the_hooded_hero
The Hooded Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Hooded Hero

What about Hot Spot and the Human Torch
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fire Star
@The Hooded Hero said:
"What about Hot Spot and the Human Torch "

Why would they be in this ? Besides obvious powers ? If he used these mutants then thats what we must debate...
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fire Star

But again, would love to see some more feats with Storm and Sunspots with heat...
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@Fire Star said:
"But again, would love to see some more feats with Storm and Sunspots with heat... "

You mean through Lightnnig?  Or through, like, actual heat?  Cause the only thnig that comes to mind with her handling raw heat is her creating an equilateral band of heat around Iceman's powers.  If it's lightning, she's already made it bright as the sun.  It can also get as hot as the sun's surface.  She dampens it's effects based on who she's dealing with.  

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fire Star
@White Mage said:
"@Fire Star said:
"But again, would love to see some more feats with Storm and Sunspots with heat... "
You mean through Lightnnig?  Or through, like, actual heat?  Cause the only thnig that comes to mind with her handling raw heat is her creating an equilateral band of heat around Iceman's powers.  If it's lightning, she's already made it bright as the sun.  It can also get as hot as the sun's surface.  She dampens it's effects based on who she's dealing with.    "

I knew lightning, I was talking about actual heat. So your thougts on this battle ?
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@Fire Star said:
"@White Mage said:
"@Fire Star said:
You mean through Lightnnig?  Or through, like, actual heat?  Cause the only thnig that comes to mind with her handling raw heat is her creating an equilateral band of heat around Iceman's powers.  If it's lightning, she's already made it bright as the sun.  It can also get as hot as the sun's surface.  She dampens it's effects based on who she's dealing with.    "
I knew lightning, I was talking about actual heat. So your thougts on this battle ? "

Heat she never really does.  it's hard to measure.  She can create plasma, but she hasn't shown a lot of heat............it's kinda hard to measure.  I think firestar should win due to her microwave effect.....................................................I can't really say yet. lol
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By rbysjti

Does this ring a bell?

No Caption Provided
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Son Of Storm
@rbysjti
What is this suppose to prove?
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fire Star
@Son Of Storm said:
" @rbysjti
What is this suppose to prove? "
lol really ?
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Power NeXus
@Son Of Storm said:
" @rbysjti

Nothing, just like most of his scans.
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fire Star
@Power NeXus said:
"@Son Of Storm said:
" @rbysjti
Nothing, just like most of his scans. "

lol so your opinions ?
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Fire Star said:

"Don't know much about Storm's heat generation or Sunspots, but going by what I know and feats I have been shown,Battle 1- Firestar Battle 2- Firestar  I would like to see some feats for the others though.... "

This is a tough one but I'm incline to agree with you here. I want to see more to be sure. I think I had a Firestar issue where she melted a cannon ball and I've seen a scan of her burning through a wall like paper so the heat she generates is intense. Storm's equatorial heat and heat bubble effect are the only 2 outstanding uses of heat manipulation that comes to mind. I want to say there is also an occurrence where Storm started to melt the tip of a gun in extreme x-men but I think that is more lightning than heat.   Not too sure on Sunspot.

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fire Star
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@Fire Star said:

"Don't know much about Storm's heat generation or Sunspots, but going by what I know and feats I have been shown,Battle 1- Firestar Battle 2- Firestar  I would like to see some feats for the others though.... "

This is a tough one but I'm incline to agree with you here. I want to see more to be sure. I think I had a Firestar issue where she melted a cannon ball and I've seen a scan of her burning through a wall like paper so the heat she generates is intense. Storm's equatorial heat and heat bubble effect are the only 2 outstanding uses of heat manipulation that comes to mind. I want to say there is also an occurrence where Storm started to melt the tip of a gun in extreme x-men but I think that is more lightning than heat.   Not too sure on Sunspot.  "

Yes she did melt the cannon ball, and goes through walls easily, she melts bullets, and her heat has been too much for Carnage as well as hurt Nova. 
Battle 1- Firestar Curbstomp 
Battle 2- Firestar
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@Fire Star said:

This is a tough one but I'm incline to agree with you here. I want to see more to be sure. I think I had a Firestar issue where she melted a cannon ball and I've seen a scan of her burning through a wall like paper so the heat she generates is intense. Storm's equatorial heat and heat bubble effect are the only 2 outstanding uses of heat manipulation that comes to mind. I want to say there is also an occurrence where Storm started to melt the tip of a gun in extreme x-men but I think that is more lightning than heat.   Not too sure on Sunspot.  "

How could she have been around since 1975, and STILL never use heat as an actual weapon?  WTF?!  Cause she's been using ice like a mad woman.
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fire Star
@White Mage said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@Fire Star said:

How could she have been around since 1975, and STILL never use heat as an actual weapon?  WTF?!  Cause she's been using ice like a mad woman. "

Im sure she could do alot like Firestar can heat the air molecules around someones face/body to distract them.... Storm could probably do that...
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@White Mage said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@Fire Star said:

How could she have been around since 1975, and STILL never use heat as an actual weapon?  WTF?!  Cause she's been using ice like a mad woman. "

LOL....OK....35 years later and she can't at least make somebody sweat until they pass out from the B.O. or somethin' lol.... 
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fire Star
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@White Mage said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@Fire Star said:

LOL....OK....35 years later and she can't at least make somebody sweat until they pass out from the B.O. or somethin' lol....  "

LOL don't know much on Sunspots.....
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Roddy010
@Fire Star said:

" Don't know much about Storm's heat generation or Sunspots, but going by what I know and feats I have been shown,Battle 1- Firestar Battle 2- Firestar  I would like to see some feats for the others though.... "

Agreed as stated above Storm has only made equatorial heat so its only "in the air" on how hot she can make it....Given her powers to manipulate the energies the control weather she should be able to make it as hot as Firestar....Heat is a means of energy transfer, rather than a form of energy. Storm has transferred, shaped and warped all kinds of energy to make weather effects on large scales, so it should be well within her power to do so...However she has not shown this ability so I give this fight to Firestar, given that this is her primary power....
Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By turoksonofstone

Roberto Dacosta and thats all I have to say about that.

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fire Star
@Roddy010 said:
" @Fire Star said:

" Don't know much about Storm's heat generation or Sunspots, but going by what I know and feats I have been shown,Battle 1- Firestar Battle 2- Firestar  I would like to see some feats for the others though.... "

Agreed as stated above Storm has only made equatorial heat so its only "in the air" on how hot she can make it....Given her powers to manipulate the energies the control weather she should be able to make it as hot as Firestar....Heat is a means of energy transfer, rather than a form of energy. Storm has transferred, shaped and warped all kinds of energy to make weather effects on large scales, so it should be well within her power to do so...However she has not shown this ability so I give this fight to Firestar, given that this is her primary power.... "

I agree with most of this, but not sure she is going to get it as hot as Firestar.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Roddy010
@Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

" @Fire Star said:

Agreed as stated above Storm has only made equatorial heat so its only "in the air" on how hot she can make it....Given her powers to manipulate the energies the control weather she should be able to make it as hot as Firestar....Heat is a means of energy transfer, rather than a form of energy. Storm has transferred, shaped and warped all kinds of energy to make weather effects on large scales, so it should be well within her power to do so...However she has not shown this ability so I give this fight to Firestar, given that this is her primary power.... "
I agree with most of this, but not sure she is going to get it as hot as Firestar. "
Well to my understanding Firestar controls radiation and electromagnetic energy right?
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fire Star
@Roddy010 said:
"@Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

" @Fire Star said:

I agree with most of this, but not sure she is going to get it as hot as Firestar. "
Well to my understanding Firestar controls radiation and electromagnetic energy right? "

Well, yes and no. She takes electromagnetic energy and converts it to microwave radiation, and what she basically does is burn this radiation, causing intense heat.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Roddy010
@Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

"@Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

" @Fire Star said:

Well to my understanding Firestar controls radiation and electromagnetic energy right? "

Well, yes and no. She takes electromagnetic energy and converts it to microwave radiation, and what she basically does is burn this radiation, causing intense heat. "

Oh okay...Well as you already know Storm controls the "energies" that govern weather...These "energies" include...Electromagnetic energy and thermal energy....radiation occurs when energetic particles or waves travel through a medium or space and these two types of energies make up radiation. Since Storm has control over these two types of energies she can make radiation such as Thermal radiation and EM radiation.   Thermal radiation occurs when the surface of an object radiates thermal energy in the form of electromagnetic waves thus making light and heat much like Firestar.  So it should be well within her power to make it as hot as Firestar. Note: I AM NOT SAYING SHE HAS BETTER CONTROL OVER IT THAN FIRESTAR BECAUSE SHE DOSEN"T....Also She has also ionized air patchs to disrupt cameras (Uncanny #450).  Radiation with enough high energy can ionize atoms. This is the same technique Sunfire uses to make his heat. Lets not forget that she has created and control plasma...

No Caption Provided

So Storm should be able to make heat like Firestar but hasn"t shown this ability....
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By rbysjti
@White Mage said:
" @Fire Star said:
If Storm's lightning can get as hot as surface of the sun than it's possible that  it can generate intense heat
Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fire Star
@Roddy010 said:
" @Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

"@Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

" @Fire Star said:

Well, yes and no. She takes electromagnetic energy and converts it to microwave radiation, and what she basically does is burn this radiation, causing intense heat. "

Oh okay...Well as you already know Storm controls the "energies" that govern weather...These "energies" include...Electromagnetic energy and thermal energy....radiation occurs when energetic particles or waves travel through a medium or space and these two types of energies make up radiation. Since Storm has control over these two types of energies she can make radiation such as Thermal radiation and EM radiation.   Thermal radiation occurs when the surface of an object radiates thermal energy in the form of electromagnetic waves thus making light and heat much like Firestar.  So it should be well within her power to make it as hot as Firestar. Note: I AM NOT SAYING SHE HAS BETTER CONTROL OVER IT THAN FIRESTAR BECAUSE SHE DOSEN"T....Also She has also ionized air patchs to disrupt cameras (Uncanny #450).  Radiation with enough high energy can ionize atoms. This is the same technique Sunfire uses to make his heat. Lets not forget that she has created and control plasma...

So Storm should be able to make heat like Firestar but hasn"t shown this ability.... "

Hmmm, enough to hurt Nova and enough to melt through walls like paper ? I know what you are saying as facts here, but its my block that I can't stretch my mind here to see Storm being able to do near the level of heat Firestar exerts....
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Roddy010
@Fire Star said:
" @Roddy010 said:
" @Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

"@Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

" @Fire Star said:

No Caption Provided
So Storm should be able to make heat like Firestar but hasn"t shown this ability.... "
Hmmm, enough to hurt Nova and enough to melt through walls like paper ? I know what you are saying as facts here, but its my block that I can't stretch my mind here to see Storm being able to do near the level of heat Firestar exerts.... "
Well I respect your opinion and I can"t argue because she hasn"t displayed this ability, however it is in her arsenal of power to do so...As for the Thread Firestar takes this with relative ease....
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@Roddy010 said:
" @Fire Star said:

This is something I wish writers would actually focus on.  I seriously forget just how much she DOESN'T use heat whenever threads like this are created.  And nice theory btw.  Someday, I hope that it will actually be practiced in a fight.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Roddy010
@White Mage:@Roddy010 said:
" @Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

"@Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

" @Fire Star said:

No Caption Provided
Well I also have this theory....
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WARLOCK2792
@Roddy010 said:
" @Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

"@Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

" @Fire Star said:

Yo
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Roddy010
@White Mage said:
" @Roddy010 said:
" @Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

"@Fire Star said:

" @Roddy010 said:

" @Fire Star said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Yo "
Thanks....
Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

firestar....storm usually does lower temperatures than high ones

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm can manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum at higher levels than firestar, that fact alone means she can do it at a higher temperature. Not even just going by the scans of her posted in this thread but the galactic core feat blows Firestar out of the water, she literally generated so much energy she gave the same output of a star. Firestar also is not immune to the affects of her powers, which is why she got cancer. Storm is.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@blacharrt1 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

storm can manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum at higher levels than firestar, that fact alone means she can do it at a higher temperature. Not even just going by the scans of her posted in this thread but the galactic core feat blows Firestar out of the water, she literally generated so much energy she gave the same output of a star. Firestar also is not immune to the affects of her powers, which is why she got cancer. Storm is.

storm didn't generate the energy...she manipulated it and channeled it into her body much like how she brings lightning down from the sky and channels it outwards , and i only said firestar because i've never seen storm do so much with heat ...she uses cold mostly..and yeah aren't like ALL elementals immune to their own powers?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

storm didn't generate the energy...she manipulated it and channeled it into her body much like how she brings lightning down from the sky and channels it outwards , and i only said firestar because i've never seen storm do so much with heat ...she uses cold mostly..and yeah aren't like ALL elementals immune to their own powers?

it was a genetic defect. but her cancer was cured when someone made a deal with a demon to cure her.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pooty

I think Firestar can self generate the most heat. Storm may be better at manipulation external heat

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@pooty said:
@malachi_munroe said:

@blacharrt1 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

it was a genetic defect. but her cancer was cured when someone made a deal with a demon to cure her.

oh okay i see , thanks dude :)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

will5454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers