• 54 results
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redbull

Both seem exactly the same to me, except one is Brazilian and the other is Japanese. Personally I feel like Sunfire takes the battle..

VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By VIZION2011

Doesnt sunpot also have superstrength derived from solar energy as well ?

Avatar image for jesterlichloath
jesterlichloath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jesterlichloath
@VIZION2010 said:
"Doesnt sunpot also have superstrength derived from solar energy as well ? "

thats what his original power was but im not sure if thats still how it works
VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By VIZION2011

im gonna reaserch this hold on

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pixelized

Sunfire murders him

despite all of Sunspot's strength, he is not in any way, invulnerable. he will be burned, badly
VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VIZION2011

Well I just reaseched Sunspot and it says sunspot absorbs both solar ebergy as well as any heats source so sunfires power will be negated thus sunspot will rely on his strength cuaseing him to win

Avatar image for jesterlichloath
jesterlichloath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jesterlichloath
@pixelized said:
"Sunfire murders him

despite all of Sunspot's strength, he is not in any way, invulnerable. he will be burned, badly
"
i was just wondering about that fact
sunfire takes it then in a landslide
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized
@VIZION2010 said:
" Well I just reaseched Sunspot and it says sunspot absorbs both solar ebergy as well as any heats source so sunfires power will be negated thus sunspot will rely on his strength cuaseing him to win "
Sunfire has radiation as well. 
VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VIZION2011

Damne this is a hard one then.  I would still say sunspot sence he can also absorb radition it would boil down to h2h and spot would win sence his has superstrength.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pixelized
@VIZION2010 said:
"  I would still say sunspot sence he can also absorb radition 
no he can't. lol.
VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VIZION2011

Well let me look again cuz it sd he can absorb all types of enegry hold a sec

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Matezoide2

Sunspot because he is brazilian

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pixelized

I lied, it seems Sunspot has developed some durability recently... but he also only absorbs solar energy, so him being engulfed in a ring of fire from Sunfire would harm him.

VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VIZION2011

Yeak i read he only absorbs solar energy which gives which superstrength as well, but sunfire heat would just be too much for him, so I woukld have to say sunfire cuz Ive nerver seen sunspot gowing above sunfire's feats

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15  Edited By Zoom

Pixilated is right.  Sunfire wins, easily.

His blasts are superheated plasma.  Sunspot absorbs SOLAR energy, not heat or plasma or radiation.  On the other hand, Sunfire can also absorb Sunspot's solar energy.

Sunspot is also stronger and Sunfire is a much better hand ot hand fighter, faster, and more experienced.

WindCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WindCloud

Sunfire wins.  IN MY OPINION, he's only 2nd to the Human Torch in terms of heat output, and let's remember that the HT can go nova if he wants to (vaporizing everything in a certain radius), SF can't be that far behind.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pixelized
@Zoom said:
"Pixilated is right.  Sunfire wins, easily.His blasts are superheated plasma.  Sunspot absorbs SOLAR energy, not heat or plasma or radiation.  On the other hand, Sunfire can also absorb Sunspot's solar energy.Sunspot is also stronger and Sunfire is a much better hand ot hand fighter, faster, and more experienced. "

Pixilated? LOL. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, Sunspot strength only last for as long as his cells are charged, then he reverts back to regular roberto
Extant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Extant

Pixdilated?

phiyaboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By phiyaboi

sorry you guys are wrong...this taken from wiki
"Significantly, Sunspot maintained his original powerset for roughly the first ten years of his existence, remaining a super-strong but vulnerable individual throughout the entire New Mutants series. During the mid-1990s in X-Force his powers began to change, under writer Fabian Nicieza. Nicieza had the supervillain Gideon capture Roberto and subject him to experimentation where the limits of Roberto's power absorption were tested by feeding him immense amounts of solar power. Roberto was rescued by X-Force, but the overload had permanently altered his powers in such a way that he was now able to release concussive blasts of solar energy, with a considerable heat and light projection component; this experimentation also made him immune to all types of heat and fire. He can also now absorb other forms of energy, such as heat or light, in a manner similar to photo- or thermokinesis, though they do not power up his abilities. It has been debated that Roberto would have reached these levels of his abilities of his own accord, and that Gideon's experimentation only increased his evolution process."

Now not only can he absorb any of sunfire's attacks BUT he also has Super strength and can fire CONCUSSIVE blasts..sunfire doesnt stand a chance.

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By redbull

hmm

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Power NeXus

I was under the impression that both guys would be pretty much immune to each other's energy output, since they are both based on solar energy/plasma, and that Sunspot would then be superior due to his strength.

redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By redbull

This still seems way up in the air. No gurus out there can figure this out?

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By karrob
@phiyaboi said:
" sorry you guys are wrong...this taken from wiki
"Significantly, Sunspot maintained his original powerset for roughly the first ten years of his existence, remaining a super-strong but vulnerable individual throughout the entire New Mutants series. During the mid-1990s in X-Force his powers began to change, under writer Fabian Nicieza. Nicieza had the supervillain Gideon capture Roberto and subject him to experimentation where the limits of Roberto's power absorption were tested by feeding him immense amounts of solar power. Roberto was rescued by X-Force, but the overload had permanently altered his powers in such a way that he was now able to release concussive blasts of solar energy, with a considerable heat and light projection component; this experimentation also made him immune to all types of heat and fire. He can also now absorb other forms of energy, such as heat or light, in a manner similar to photo- or thermokinesis, though they do not power up his abilities. It has been debated that Roberto would have reached these levels of his abilities of his own accord, and that Gideon's experimentation only increased his evolution process."Now not only can he absorb any of sunfire's attacks BUT he also has Super strength and can fire CONCUSSIVE blasts..sunfire doesnt stand a chance. "
If true this makes the choice clear
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By redbull

not really, because Sunfire emits ATOMIC energy..

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zoom

Not to mension its from a wiki.  I've never Sunspot absorb other types of heat or light. 

Sunfire still trashes him.

OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Sunspot.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Zoom
@Fortanono said:
"Sunspot. "

Quit.  Trolling.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Ferro Vida

Isn't Sunspot physically stronger then Star?

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By progenitorigin

I do think Sunspot is physically stronger, but that guy above was right, Sunfire does emit atomic energy.  In AoA, he nearly killed himself by unleashing that atomic heat, ended up looking like a human chicken nugget with bad ass armor that augmented and allowed more control of his powers (I prefer AoA Sunfire to 616, he's much more brutal).  If i'm not mistaken, though, I think Sunfire is a more skilled combatant, meaning being able to use his speed in flight to avoid Sunspots physicality while unleashing atomic concussive flames, and if Sunspot attempted to absorb, I think it'd overload him and burn him out.  I dunno, at least IMHO that's how it would pan out.  I say Sunfire.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By redbull

where does everyone get the idea that Sunspot is stronger? just trying to figure this out. i was under the impression he has the durability of a completely average athletic human.

Lord Bushido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lord Bushido
@redbull said:
"where does everyone get the idea that Sunspot is stronger? just trying to figure this out. i was under the impression he has the durability of a completely average athletic human. "

Everyone thinks Berto is stronger because he is. Haven't you ever read a book with him in it? Super-strength isn't one of Sunfire's powers. As far as the durability thing it's because of his Corona Field which was said to be hot enough to burn bullets and such before they could touch him. I want to know why people think Sunfire will overload him so easily like his can't dodge Sunfire's attacks so he'll have no choice but to absorb them? Or that Sunfire is faster than him? Cannonball has said Berto is just as fast as him with more manuverability. Last time I checked Sunfire wasn't as fast as Sam. Maybe someone can prove to me otherwise.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By redbull

ok, i've read up a bit more and it does seem like Sunspot's strength has improved. early on I remember him having no super strength whatsoever.

are there any notions of Feats we can use here? like, what is Sunfire's greatest feat versus Sunspot's?

Lord Bushido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lord Bushido
@redbull said:
"ok, i've read up a bit more and it does seem like Sunspot's strength has improved. early on I remember him having no super strength whatsoever.  are there any notions of Feats we can use here? like, what is Sunfire's greatest feat versus Sunspot's? "

You must be remembering someone different because Sunspot's first power was Super-Strength. So I don't know who you're talking about. And Both of their greatest feats happened in AOA with Sunspot having a much better feat by far. I don't even want to post it cause people aren't gonna believe it. lol
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By redbull
@Lord Bushido said:

" @redbull said:

"ok, i've read up a bit more and it does seem like Sunspot's strength has improved. early on I remember him having no super strength whatsoever.  are there any notions of Feats we can use here? like, what is Sunfire's greatest feat versus Sunspot's? "
You must be remembering someone different because Sunspot's first power was Super-Strength. So I don't know who you're talking about. And Both of their greatest feats happened in AOA with Sunspot having a much better feat by far. I don't even want to post it cause people aren't gonna believe it. lol "
Originally, Sunspot's superhuman power was limited solely to superhuman strength and enhanced durability, and then only in his solar form. Unlike many superhumanly strong heroes, Sunspot was unique in that his physical resistance to impact only increased somewhat when he employed his superhuman strength, and he was not bulletproof by any means. The phrase, "Careful Bobby, you're strong, not invulnerable!" or variations was seen many times.
Lord Bushido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lord Bushido
@redbull said:
" @Lord Bushido said:

" @redbull said:

You must be remembering someone different because Sunspot's first power was Super-Strength. So I don't know who you're talking about. And Both of their greatest feats happened in AOA with Sunspot having a much better feat by far. I don't even want to post it cause people aren't gonna believe it. lol "
Originally, Sunspot's superhuman power was limited solely to superhuman strength and enhanced durability, and then only in his solar form. Unlike many superhumanly strong heroes, Sunspot was unique in that his physical resistance to impact only increased somewhat when he employed his superhuman strength, and he was not bulletproof by any means. The phrase, "Careful Bobby, you're strong, not invulnerable!" or variations was seen many times. "

Ok, and that is for??? It not proving anything that I haven't said was wrong.
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By redbull

I was merely posting it to clarify what I meant. Sure he started off with strength powers, but his DURABILITY was low. It's like me being able to throw a hammer 5 miles, but if the hammer hits me, my head caves in. So all I was saying was I thought Sunspot was still vulnerable and didn't realize his durability went up.

Lord Bushido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lord Bushido

It took about 12 years but they got it right with the Corona Field. I don't know what they are doing with him now, but he seems very weak. It's like they didn't keep up with the character so all the development made to him was thrown out the window. lol
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Power NeXus
@Lord Bushido said:
"It took about 12 years but they got it right with the Corona Field. I don't know what they are doing with him now, but he seems very weak. It's like they didn't keep up with the character so all the development made to him was thrown out the window. lol "

He's not that weak now. I think I recall him putting up a nice fight against Namor sometime recently (he lost, though).
redbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By redbull

How can Sunspot OR Sunfire POSSIBLY lose to Namor? All of his power is derived by water. With one single large blast, they should be able to flash-fry any water in/around Namor, drying him out and leaving him weak,.

Lord Bushido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lord Bushido
@Power NeXus said:
"@Lord Bushido said:
"It took about 12 years but they got it right with the Corona Field. I don't know what they are doing with him now, but he seems very weak. It's like they didn't keep up with the character so all the development made to him was thrown out the window. lol "

He's not that weak now. I think I recall him putting up a nice fight against Namor sometime recently (he lost, though). "

He is very weak. When they have Cannonball carrying him instead of him flying under his own power, they screwed with him. What powers did he use besides Super-strength when fighting Namor? They depowered him badly. Not as bad as they did to Warpath(have they even given a reason for this???), but bad enough.
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@Lord Bushido
That's false. He still has his powers. He recently took out Sugar man with a concussive blast. \ 
I agree, he can alter the tempuratures of any opponent, causing discomfort. Namor has a strong will and I can see him resist this for a while, maybe long enougfh to get in close and KO Bobby. 

But Sunspot should beat most firebased opponents with ease.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By Erik
@Edgeworth_11:  
Good thing fire is not Sunfire's only power. 
Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Edgeworth_11
@Erik said:
@Edgeworth_11:  Good thing fire is not Sunfire's only power. 

Good thing I can read sarcasm. Too bad for you, once Sunspot lowers Sunfire's temperature, like what Iceman did, he will be pretty much done with a single concussive blast or punch to the jaw.
Vacone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunspot

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunfire

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

With a fight staying ranged I think Sunfire could win, but I think Sunspot will get close enough to land a hit more often than not, so Roberto for a majority.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shiro.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Sunspot is stronger and power a strictly related to heat and solar energy. Sunfires powers are related to radiation which has heat as a byproduct. Sunfire is also a better fighter. If the fight gets close sunspot can knock hik out. If its from a distance sunfire can take this.

M9ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sunfire for a decisive majority.