Sun Wukong vs Current Superman

• 169 results
iceice00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@alexandrawallace: Thank you and the other Wukong'ers! OMG of course Wukong would win against Prime. Annnndddd remember win conditions: DEATH.

Wukong buries Prime, urinates on his grave, digs him up, takes him to Krypton, buries him there, then uses his element control to blast the Krypton apart(or uses his Staff) along with Prime. Soz I'm about 2 months late

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sun is on galactus level

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sun Wukong, effortless curbstomp.

He's superior to Supes in almost every way.

Jmarshmallow

Avatar image for officialrikudousennin
OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

monkey king is just a play toy

jamedom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why u guys compare Wukong who invaded haven to some boy prime :/

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slacker the hacker said:

he has to do that before Prime blitzes in on him and KO him... "
So it really just depends "

I guess

lmfao

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I only knows Sun Wukong from SMITE so they are basically high gods, Wukong wins.

AllenZXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

am not sure how Superboy can hurt the money king cause at the end of his story he basically become god?

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@allenzxa: the god of victorious battles, to be exact. though even before becoming a god, he could flatten a galaxy with his staff.

AllenZXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Baron_von_Santa
xmenhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By xmenhulk

@thegodkiller said:

Sun Wukong pisses on Prime

I think Sun can make 84,000 clones of himself.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Sun should wreck.

thebiggestg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think most of the people merely stating "Sun Wukong wins" actually knew about Sun Wukong's abilities.

WJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If in-character fight, depending on the version of Sun Wukong (early-novel or end-novel), he would kill his opponent....

Nevertheless, this is Superboy Prime.... Jesus, people either really hate Superman here or overestimate Sun Wukong's abilities.

In reality, Sun Wukong would barely defeat DCAU Superman.

Based on WHAT events did everyone think that the Monkey God is Superboy Prime/Thanos level?

guanofriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think most of the people merely stating "Sun Wukong wins" actually knew about Sun Wukong's abilities.

QFT

JoseLoayza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JoseLoayza

Sun Wukong

And if I read the book

BERND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i read the Journey to the west, a huge book, but sun is pretty invincible, in every single way, he has no weakness and only budha can stop him, budha is the most powerful being , he traveled across the universe, imagine his speed, he can make a 1000 of himself just as powerful as him, survived heat hotter than the sun, i can't see how any incarnation of superman can defeat him and he is an excellent fighter too

matthew1061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got no idea who would win, but it'd be amazing. I love Journey to the West and recommend it to any one who likes fantasy lit.

metrolights3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I wrote in my other post Golden Superman DC One million and Sun Wu Kong after completing his journey to the west are at about equal levels. Sun Wu Kong from wrecking Havoc in Heaven and Superboy prime would have a good fight, however there's nothing Superboy prime can do that would even scratch Sun Wu Kong. Sun Wu Kong's origin was a rock that came into being at the birth of the universe. When he first awoke as a baby monkey he opened his eyes, and 2 beams of golden light shot out that disturbed heavens. (Reminds me of the Phoenix when she awakens) Sun further gained immortality, and indestructibility, that not even the Samadhi fires from Lao Zi (equivalent power to living tribunal) didn't harm him. Superboy prime is a Kryptonian...if monkey just make a dozen clones of himeself (assuming each clone is equivalent of a superman, though more like a superman from lineage of dc one million) SBP will be overwhelmed. If Sun chose to make 1000 clones...SPM will be torn to pieces.

JoseLoayza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ Metrolights3 :

If so, Wukong is the character more OP Chinese mythology.

Something curious is that both the Hindu and Chinese mythology handle the concept of 'omniverse' before Marvel and DC.

Possibly why influences philosophical concepts and the theory of the multiverse.

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumb battle.

Superboy Prime wrecks Sun Wukong 1000 times in a second.

Even without speed blitz, Superboy Prime is way too durable and way too strong for Wukong to affect in anyway.

Unless Wukong knows how to exploit his weakness.

Rakusu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Monkey King beats Clark to death. Then laughs and walks off

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rakusu said:

The Monkey King beats Clark to death. Then laughs and walks off

Not happening... unless the Monkey King happens to be DBZ Goku.

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: Really how is that gonna happen when sun wukong could just destroy the source of superman's power.

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TSciallsolle3451

@jechundesung said:

@donatellorawks: Really how is that gonna happen when sun wukong could just destroy the source of superman's power.

What source of power? The Sun? Wukong has no such destructive capability.

Unless again, like what the other poster is talking about, if you are referring to DBZ Goku, then yeah, Goku could beat Superman. Current DBS Goku would stomp Superman 1000 times over.

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451: He could destroy the sun with his staff. He has Astral manipulation, basically alter the path of stars. His staff is more than enough to destroy the sun if he wanted to. Plus there's nothing superman could to him that would have an effect.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DonatelloRawks

@jechundesung said:

@tsciallsolle3451: He could destroy the sun with his staff. He has Astral manipulation, basically alter the path of stars. His staff is more than enough to destroy the sun if he wanted to. Plus there's nothing superman could to him that would have an effect.

There are no feats of Wukong destroying the sun with his staff. There are no feats of Wukong manipulating star-level objects. Stop making up feats here. I am absolutely sure you did not read the novel at all. Read the following list of Wukong's best feats.

Sun Wukong REAL Feats

Anyway, here is a simple compilation of Wukong's best feats, with references to source - an actual translated version of the 16th century Chinese novel:

Source: http://www.chine-informations.com/fichiers/jourwest.pdf

• Wukong's best FIGHTING feats were his wrecking havoc on Heaven. Page 72 to 74 saw him forcing back the 100,000 troops of Heaven with his multiple clones magic trick. Page 87 to 90 saw him freed from Lao Zi's cauldron and he started his rampage on heaven, where he was forced into a corner. Notice that the 100,000 troops of heaven were feat-less other than they were "fighting fiercely". None of these feats suggested him threatening the universe, galaxy, or even planet.
  • Wukong's best DESTRUCTIVE feat was busting a mountain. Page 207 sees him doing that to free himself after Buddha's magic imprisonment seal was released.
  • Wukong's best battle-relevant MAGIC TRICK was his size-changing. Page 848-849 shows Sun Wukong and the Bull Demon King grew to extreme sizes and clashes with each other, which draws the attention of the Taoist pantheon. Notice that there is still nothing stated of him beyond mountain/country-busting.
  • Wukong's weapon of choice is the magic staff, which can also grow and shrink at will. It weighs less than 10 tons, as described in page 41. Page 41-42 also shows that Wukong grew into, depending on the translation, a 100,000 feet or 10,000 feet tall giant, with his magic staff also growing to touch heaven and hell, which is literally the earth and the sky. Notice that there's nothing stated of any feat spanning the planet/galaxy/universe. The concept of the modern universe is completely foreign to the author of Journey to the West.
  • Wukong wasn't omnipotent at all: Amongst Wukong's many problems he faced which he alone can't solve, was the Red Boy. He was overwhelmed by the Red Boy's magical fires in Page 570-572. Returning for a second round nearly killed him, as seen in Page 575-577. This is consistent with the novel's portrayal of Sun Wukong having regular trouble against earth-bound demons who aren't even planet-level.
  • Another event that obviously demonstrates that Wukong isn't planet level was that he was pinned down by the weight of 3 mountains. Read Page 464 to 466. If his hax was that good why did he ask for help from the mountain gods to free him?
  • There are even more adventures that the monkey god went through, but all those feats are of his great fighting abilities and use of quick wits, not his magic hax.

In short, none of Wukong's feats put him anywhere close to planet level or beyond.

Also, Sun Wukong never held up the galaxy with his magic staff. He never busted a galaxy, he never busted a star, he never even busted a planet. There was never any mention of a universe that we understand in our context today. The novel has never said that. He doesn't have the feats for that. Enough said.

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Jechundesung

@donatellorawks: If his staff is able to hold up the galaxy i'm pretty sure it can destroy a star. There are no feats of superman beating son wukong either. I said he could didn't say he has

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: If his staff is able to hold up the galaxy i'm pretty sure it can destroy a star. There are no feats of superman beating son wukong.

He. Did. Not.

Read. The. Novel.

There was no planet in Journey to the West for the monkey god to hold up, let alone a galaxy.

Uh yeah, your second sentence is invalid. There are no feats of Sun Wukong beating Superman either.

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: They were on a planet in Journey to the west. And yes his staff is more than enough to beat superman.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: You prove to me that he can't use his staff (keep increasing it weight till superman can't handle it) to beat superman. Your saying an omnipotent being whose also immortal would lose to superman.

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wukong crushes Supes.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: You prove to me that he can't use his staff (keep increasing it weight till superman can't handle it) to beat superman. Your saying an omnipotent being whose also immortal would lose to superman.

You are claiming that his staff can increase its weight to such a level that Superman can't handle it. The person making the claim should bear the burden of proof.

You are claiming that Sun Wukong is omnipotent. Prove it with feats from the actual source.

Just admit you didn't read the novel at all and are weakly trying to shift the burden of proof away.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By SirNeko

@jechundesung said:

You are the one making claims, you are the one having to prove, not him. Wukong was not Omnipotent, I am not sure about the Galaxy stuff but I do know he isn't Omnipotent. Since you are making up the Omnipotence, I am leaning towards you making up that Galaxy feat as well.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By DonatelloRawks

@sirneko said:
@jechundesung said:

You are the one making claims, you are the one having to prove, not him. Wukong was not Omnipotent, I am not sure about the Galaxy stuff but I do know he isn't Omnipotent. Since you are making up the Omnipotence, I am leaning towards you making up that Galaxy feat as well.

Sun Wukong REAL Feats (In the spoilers)

Here is a simple compilation of Wukong's best feats, with references to source - an actual translated version of the 16th century Chinese novel:

Source: http://www.chine-informations.com/fichiers/jourwest.pdf

• Wukong's best FIGHTING feats were his wrecking havoc on Heaven. Page 72 to 74 saw him forcing back the 100,000 troops of Heaven with his multiple clones magic trick. Page 87 to 90 saw him freed from Lao Zi's cauldron and he started his rampage on heaven, where he was forced into a corner. Notice that the 100,000 troops of heaven were feat-less other than they were "fighting fiercely". None of these feats suggested him threatening the universe, galaxy, or even planet.
  • Wukong's best DESTRUCTIVE feat was busting a mountain. Page 207 sees him doing that to free himself after Buddha's magic imprisonment seal was released.
  • Sun Wukong's REGENERATION CAPABILITY was shown in page 643 to 645: He can regrow his head and can sew up his own stomach at will after cutting it open.
  • Wukong's best battle-relevant MAGIC TRICK was his size-changing. Page 848-849 shows Sun Wukong and the Bull Demon King grew to extreme sizes and clashes with each other, which draws the attention of the Taoist pantheon. Notice that there is still nothing stated of him beyond mountain/country-busting.
  • Wukong's weapon of choice is the magic staff, which can also grow and shrink at will. It weighs less than 10 tons, as described in page 41. Page 41-42 also shows that Wukong grew into, depending on the translation, a 100,000 feet or 10,000 feet tall giant, with his magic staff also growing to touch heaven and hell, which is literally the earth and the sky. Notice that there's nothing stated of any feat spanning the planet/galaxy/universe. The concept of the modern universe is completely foreign to the author of Journey to the West.
    • There indeed is a mention of the magic staff being able to "hold up the Milky Way" in page 39. HOWEVER, please understand the context. For the ancient Chinese it is referring to the Heavenly River, which again as I had mentioned, knows nothing about the actual Milky Way. Besides, the magic staff's subsequent feats never match up to anywhere near planet level.
  • Wukong wasn't omnipotent at all: Amongst Wukong's many problems he faced which he alone can't solve, was the Red Boy. He was overwhelmed by the Red Boy's magical fires in Page 570-572. Returning for a second round nearly killed him, as seen in Page 575-577. This is consistent with the novel's portrayal of Sun Wukong having regular trouble against earth-bound demons who aren't even planet-level.
  • Another event that obviously demonstrates that Wukong isn't planet level was that he was pinned down by the weight of 3 mountains. Read Page 464 to 466. If his hax was that good why did he ask for help from the mountain gods to free him?
  • There are even more adventures that the monkey god went through, but all those feats are of his great fighting abilities and use of quick wits, not his magic hax.

In short, none of Wukong's feats put him anywhere close to planet level or beyond.

Also, Sun Wukong never held up the galaxy with his magic staff. He never busted a galaxy, he never busted a star, he never even busted a planet. There was never any mention of a universe that we understand in our context today. The novel has never said that. He doesn't have the feats for that. Enough said.

One of the feats listed is Wukong struggling with carrying 1, then 2 mountains and finally getting pinned down by the weight of 3 mountains. It is up to the reader here to decide if Wukong's strength level here is enough to beat Superman. I personally don't see it so.

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks:

Size Alteration: Ruyi Jingu's size can be altered according to the Monkey King's will. It can grow broader or slimmer and taller or shorter at will. It can reach incredible lengths, as it was able to reach all the way from the moon to the earth which is 384,403 km (238,900 miles) long.

Weight Alteration: On command the staff can become lighter or heavier and the norm for the Monkey King is heavy by many people standards, just placing it onto the floor was able to create cracks in the ground that reverberated up a gigantic hole up to its surface. Making it lighter vastly increases movement speed.

+ Sun became Buddha of Victorious Battles at the end of his journey...given that Buddha-hood is connected to all Buddhas of the past present and future he became as abstract entity of Buddha Shakymuni himself along with all his omniscience/omnipotence.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks:

Size Alteration: Ruyi Jingu's size can be altered according to the Monkey King's will. It can grow broader or slimmer and taller or shorter at will. It can reach incredible lengths, as it was able to reach all the way from the moon to the earth which is 384,403 km (238,900 miles) long.

Weight Alteration: On command the staff can become lighter or heavier and the norm for the Monkey King is heavy by many people standards, just placing it onto the floor was able to create cracks in the ground that reverberated up a gigantic hole up to its surface. Making it lighter vastly increases movement speed.

+ Sun became Buddha of Victorious Battles at the end of his journey...given that Buddha-hood is connected to all Buddhas of the past present and future he became as abstract entity of Buddha Shakymuni himself along with all his omniscience/omnipotence.

........... No.

That was NOT in the novel at all. In the best interests of yourself and others' information-seeking, you need to provide source (Page number) from the translated novel at http://www.chine-informations.com/fichiers/jourwest.pdf

Except for maybe the weight alteration - But still nothing in the novel had shown of Wukong's staff being able to handle superman-level opponents. Wukong has the ability to grow into giant size, not unlike Hank Pym, but none of his giant-level feats show him on planetary level status. Please provide source where his giant-level status with his equally grown magic staff did planetary level feats.

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: Yes

Didn't say anything about him turning into a giant his staff can increase and decrease in size and weight depending on what the user wants.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't say anything about him turning into a giant his staff can increase and decrease in size and weight depending on what the user wants.

I am also interested in quotes from the Novel or page numbers.

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a853424245e3
deactivated-5a853424245e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is spite, purely out of ignorance. Superman would take out Wukong, who's a mountain destroyer at best, in a single hit.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By SirNeko
Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Jechundesung

???

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By DonatelloRawks

@jechundesung said:

@sirneko: It's not from the book.

Sigh. My impression was that Sun Wukong is Sun Wukong of the original novel we are discussing here.

If its not from the novel its not "canon" (Even though I hate that word "canon").

@sirneko said:
@jechundesung said:

I am also interested in quotes from the Novel or page numbers.

I read through again forgot about the following two feats, but will add that to the list of his greatest feats.

• Page 848-849 shows one of his feats fighting as a giant.

Basically, the scene was Sun Wukong and the demon king growing into sky-high figures and clashing with each other, which caught the attention of the Taoist gods.

Still no feats saying that he had actually destroyed a planet. I would say he has the capability to threaten Superman in terms of fighting prowess. However, if people generally agrees that Superman is planet level, Sun Wukong would probably lose at least a simple majority.

• Page 41-42 shows him growing his staff to its biggest ever - Which was never shown again.

Sun Wukong demonstrates to his followers that his magic staff can both shrink and grow in size, and demonstrates further again growing into a giant 100,000 feet (10,000 feet in another translation) tall with his magic staff growing to touch heaven and hell - That is probably the part where people mis-interpreted it and thought its length is spanning the universe when the novel said nothing of the sort - You need to understand the context at which time period was the novel written. I do not remember whether the staff can change its weight, if you do see anything in the novel please point it out to me. The weight of the magic staff is less than 10 tons in its regular size.

BTW, the pages are referring to the link at http://www.chine-informations.com/fichiers/jourwest.pdf

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: Alright so only the book is canon. But still i don't see superman winning this one at best maybe they draw

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks: Alright so only the book is canon. But still i don't see superman winning this one at best maybe they draw

Strength-wise, Superman far exceeds Sun Wukong's demonstrated feats. Fighting ability, probably Wukong is better at it. Speed-wise, Superman far exceeds Wukong.

The advantage Wukong had over Superman is his quick wits in resolving problems. His huge array of magic along with his street-smarts would arguably allow him to outwit Superman, but I do not see Wukong beating Superman in a straight-up confrontation.

Jechundesung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jechundesung said:

Strength-wise, Superman far exceeds Sun Wukong's demonstrated feats. Fighting ability, probably Wukong is better at it. Speed-wise, Superman far exceeds Wukong.

The advantage Wukong had over Superman is his quick wits in resolving problems. His huge array of magic along with his street-smarts would arguably allow him to outwit Superman, but I do not see Wukong beating Superman in a straight-up confrontation.

Still if monkey king had the chance to kill him he could can't say the same about superman seeing as how son wukong is a immortal.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donatellorawks said:
@jechundesung said:

Still if monkey king had the chance to kill him he could can't say the same about superman seeing as how son wukong is a immortal.

Sun Wukong was nearly killed by a combination of magical fire and cold water when he retreated from a fight. Sun Wukong was forced to retreat from fights which Superman could easily win if it had not been for the fact that the artefacts used are magic-based.

I still see it as an interesting match-up of magic & wits (Sun Wukong) vs pure power (Superman).