#1 Edited by Captain_Vietnam (193 posts) - - Show Bio

I am an Asian, so I'm very familiar with Sun Wukong. About he (Sun Wukong/ Monkey King) a monkey born from a rock, he has changed the destiny go to hell and delete the list of death (an ability to bend reality), he fought with over hundreds of thousands of army spirits from Heaven, Hell and aquarium and take defeated by the Buddha (similar TOAA), a jump he can only go to 180.000 miles , he can clone hundreds of versions of himself, similar to the X-men Multiple Man. His physical ability is all-powerful as Superman (he is immortal), can reconstruct the body, martial arts flights. He has 72 magical spirit.  His weapon is the Magical Golden Staff (Wieghs 6.5 Tons. from the dragon-king of the Eastern Seas), which can Multiply, change its size (To as small as keeping it in his ear or to the size that holded up a galaxy), and respond to sun's thoughts and does whatever he wants it to do.   
Because the strength of the mythology he is mainly based on the infinite magic:
Magic     
Teleportation
Can Summon Armys of Monkeys (Lawl)
Can Control Wind to a certain extent
Can Breath Fire out of his mouth  
Can Conjure Protective circles against Demons (To trap them in them or to keep them out)
Can alter the course of stars 
Can transform a strand of his hair into anything 
Size manipulation (Can grow or shrink) 
Can see through Lies, Deception, and Evil  
Can Freeze Time.....

I know in the Marvel comic of his first version, but I do not know much about him!

Comic version

Some of the information in the comic pretty close to the novel.

Powers and Abilities

Sun Wukong has demonstrated various powers, chief among them, super strength, super speed and premier martial arts skills in both of the unarmed and armed nature. Sun has also demonstrated the ability to shape shift into an eagle fairly effortless and back again to his human form.

Many more powers are implied. Although not demonstrated in any modern day comics, the character from the novel, was to wield a 8 ton staff with minimal effort, somersault over miles, and transform into 72 different animals and objects. His hair has magical properties and he knows various mystic spells.

Powers and Abilities

Powers

The true extent of the original Monkey King's powers are unknown. He was one of the most powerful of the Xian capable defeating many of their greatest warriors. It is unknown to what extent his successor has inherited his powers:

• Super-Strength: The original Monkey King possessed virtually unlimited strength. His successor possesses at least some degree of superhuman strength.
  • Superhuman Durability Thanks to being born from stone, eating the peaches of immortality, and other factors the original Monkey King was practically invulnerable to all harm and could not be executed by the Xian. His successor has inherited at least a degree of this power.
  • Shape-shiftingThe original Monkey King could transform into nearly anything after learning 72 transformations. His successor has inherited this power in part by shapeshifiting into animals.
  • Immortaility The original Monkey King became immortal thanks to his training from the Taoist master and further augmented his immortality by eating the celestial peaches, drinking the wine of heaven, and eating the pills of immortality. It is unknown of his successor his inherited any of this power.
  • Magical Manipulation The original Monkey King possessed knowledge of spells for varying effects. It is unknown of the current one has any knowledge of magic.

Abilities

The original and current Monkey King are both masters of Kung Fu specializing in staff fighting. Both are also expert tricksters

Weaknesses

The original had problems shape shifting into a human and thanks to being born from stone had trouble fighting under water.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Sun_Wukong_%28Earth-616%29

So I have a list of people who have appropriate power and fame that we have often mentioned, to confront him in the Comic:
Green lantern (all versions)
Dr manhattan 
Black Adam  
Silver surfer
Superman  (all versions) 
Galactus
Shazam
Sentry (all versions)
Thor (all versions)
Hulk (all versions) 
Odin (DC, Marvel)
Zeus (DC, Marvel)

And........

If the standstill because I noticed that he has the power as Mxy, Spectre, White / Dark Phoenix, Living Tribunal, Pre-Retcon Beyonder / molecule Man, Thanos IG / HOTU, Hal Parallax, and Lucifer Morningstar .... If so maybe we conclude we need the Christian Comics as TOAA or The presence to beat him.

But I also see that, Dr. Manhattan would be a great opponent, because the Almighty that both have the same
#2 Posted by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio

Mythological Sun Wukong? Yeah, he probably loses, but he could win about 3-4/10, depending on who he attacks first.

said:

I noticed that he has the power as Mxy, Spectre, White / Dark Phoenix, Living Tribunal, Pre-Retcon Beyonder / molecule Man, Thanos IG / HOTU, Hal Parallax, and Lucifer Morningstar ....

Virtually none of this is correct. Mxy's full power is still a question mark, and it depends on which version of Spectre this is. Phoenix is supposedly multiversal, the Living Tribunal exists in all multiverses simultaneously, easily overrides the IG, and so on, Pre-retcon Beyonder...... well:

And he is more powerful than the LT.

Pre-Molecule Man is probably stronger than LT as well.

Thanos with IG can warp realities, and with the HotU he was able to defeat Eternity, Infinity and the Living Tribunal together, as well as every single other Marvel hero/being. That should be self-explanatory.

If this is just Hal, he probably loses.

Lucifer has tanked a multiversal hit without even flinching, so I doubt Sun Wukong could even harm him. LOL.

I apologize because I am in a tired and lazy state and am about to go to eat dinner, so I can't be of much more help and post real big arguments.

#3 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Wukong beats every1 up 2 hulk easy stand still at Zeus and Odin unless you are talking about the version after JTW. I can not really see Wukong winning any of the battles below at least with out having to go through loads and loads of pain. Wukong after JTW is nigh omipotent not sure to Beyoner or Molecule Mans level though probably not but you never know because Wukong is not in the Marvel universe.Do not underestimate Wukong he did defeat the 4 heavenly generals each with the powers of the universe wth out breaking a sweat. Wukong also altered reality just by dreaming which shows he has very powerful reality wraping powers maybe to Mxys level.
#4 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually no stand still at Zeus or Odin because it says (Marvel,DC). So he takes every1 up to Mxy thats where the long debate comes in... Wukong should beat Phoenix with decent difficulty.
#5 Edited by Captain_Vietnam (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he fought primarily rely on magic and martial arts , I added the first few characters of magic to fight against him

Amatsu-Mikaboshi Chaos King
Hercule Chaos Wars
Rune King Thor 
Spectre
Nabu

#6 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16579 posts) - - Show Bio

sun wukong>stan lee/jack kirby>all comics.

#7 Posted by Kablamicus (47 posts) - - Show Bio

With enough preparation John Constantine might be able to pull something off, it would still be rather unlikely.

#8 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceAragorn1 said:

@PrinceAragorn1: 
lol he was pretty legendary.
#9 Posted by TabithaCucumber (41 posts) - - Show Bio

"I am an Asian, so I'm very familiar with Sun Wukong." - OP

Pretty sure a few Chinese people would be upset to see a Vietnamese person saying that being Vietnamese would make one an expert on a Chinese mythological figure XD

#10 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Mythological Hanoman would like to have word with him

I need clarification on timestop, 'quotes' or it didn't happen

#11 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

Wukong would stomp Hanuman into the dust.
#12 Posted by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio

@XxGin said:

#13 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin said:@shootingnova

LOLno

Hindu myth is not to be f*cked with

#14 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin Force Thor would beat Wukong, his Godblast can kill even immortals.

#15 Posted by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks: No he can't Wukong was like meant to be like unbeatable in the heavens only beings like the Buddah can stop him. He really should stop fom being compared to fictional characters.

#16 Edited by XxGin (1350 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx said:

LOLno

LOLyes

Chinese myth is not to be f*ucked with either.

#17 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin said:

@angryhulks: No he can't Wukong was like meant to be like unbeatable in the heavens only beings like the Buddah can stop him. He really should stop fom being compared to fictional characters.

do you know how powerful were those celestial beings that wukong defeated? wukong didn't do anything beyond universal, so multiversal beings should be able to take him.

#18 Posted by reikai (4174 posts) - - Show Bio

Universe debates are prohibited. Sun Wukong gets mauled to death repeatedly.

#19 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxgin said:

do you know how powerful were those celestial beings that wukong defeated? wukong didn't do anything beyond universal, so multiversal beings should be able to take him.

They're merely planetary level, I can tell you why.

Wukong leap to the end of the world (nothing said about the universe) in one leap, a leap can jump across 3 times the diameter of the Earth. That's far from universal.

Most of Wukong's powers are physical, have very basic sorcery, he won't be able to touch abstracts. Can you beat anyone with only physical power? No. And most of the celestial beings are weaker than you thought, we can have a long discussion about this if you want.

#20 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer said:

@xxgin said:

Wukong leap to the end of the world (nothing said about the universe) in one leap, a leap can jump across 3 times the diameter of the Earth. That's far from universal.

Most of Wukong's powers are physical, have very basic sorcery, he won't be able to touch abstracts. Can you beat anyone with only physical power? No. And most of the celestial beings are weaker than you thought, we can have a long discussion about this if you want.

alright, but beating thousands of planetary beings is no joke, it's an impressive feat, he can also alter his size to great lengths to my knowledge. Pretty much like hanuman in hindu myths, who can become as small as an atom or as big as to being able to eat the sun if not bigger, you should also note that hindu myths cosmologies are much more accurate than the greeks.

regardless, wukong isn't anywhere near to take on all of fiction, skyfathers can handle him just fine based on feats.

#21 Edited by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

@angryhulks said:

@rolldestroyer said:

@xxgin said:

alright, but beating thousands of planetary beings is no joke, it's an impressive feat, he can also alter his size to great lengths to my knowledge. Pretty much like hanuman in hindu myths, who can become as small as an atom or as big as to being able to eat the sun if not bigger, you should also note that hindu myths cosmologies are much more accurate than the greeks.

regardless, wukong isn't anywhere near to take on all of fiction, skyfathers can handle him just fine based on feats.

Well, Wukong was based on Hanuman, but they're different character.

#22 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxgin said:

@nerx said:

LOLno

LOLyes

Chinese myth is not to be f*ucked with either.

So......

A god that is probably barely in the top twenties destroys a universe by celebrating in Hinduism. I'm sorry, but Hinduism >>>> Chinese mythology.

#24 Posted by Nuffs (709 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever...... Roadrunner still solo's.... If your gonna bring mythical Chinese Gods... I get to bust out the Toons!!!!!

#26 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought Robot solos.

That's the easiest win that comes to mind.

#27 Edited by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio

Mythological Hanoman would like to have word with him

I need clarification on timestop, 'quotes' or it didn't happen

Actually, I'd say Wukong > Hanuman, but I'm not the most knowledgeable on the latter.

Amatsu-Mikaboshi Chaos King

Hercule Chaos Wars

Rune King Thor

Spectre

Nabu

Wukong gets stomped by all. Maybe not Nabu, but that's only maybe.

#28 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: Avatar of shiva, represents omnipotence

@nuffs said:

@princearagorn1 said:

nope, anyone can make a comic about a character that kill sun wukong and yahweh

#29 Edited by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Why are you responding to me? Yes, Shiva represents the omnipotent aspect of Brahman, Vishnu the omnipresent aspect, and Brahma the omniscient aspect. Regardless, I was talking about Kali destroying the universe with her celebration.

#30 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7010 posts) - - Show Bio

Aren't people vs universe threads banned?

While Monkey King is super strong, I really don't think he's a match for abstracts...

#32 Edited by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: What? Kali's dancing was destroying the universe. Shiva destroys the universe by.... wanting to. Kali levelled all of creation with a scream.

#33 Edited by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio

@omgomgwtfwtf: I thought that was universe vs universe? And no, it doesn't take an abstract to beat him.

#34 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx: Goddamn what? LOL. I'm not following you.

#36 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7010 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova:

No More Universe Vs Universe or Character X vs Universe Threads

These types of threads are be banned. Universe vs Universe threads involve too many people or a person vs a universe could end up becoming a stomp and offer no debates at all. Like Superman Prime vs Marvel Universe. He would end up fighting some being that he wouldn't beat and if you do the universe vs universe threads it just ends up being omnipotent vs omnipotent which is also against the rules and offers no debate. This is an extension of the be careful with team battles but this is gonna be cracked down on more.

#38 Edited by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova:

No More Universe Vs Universe or Character X vs Universe Threads

These types of threads are be banned. Universe vs Universe threads involve too many people or a person vs a universe could end up becoming a stomp and offer no debates at all. Like Superman Prime vs Marvel Universe. He would end up fighting some being that he wouldn't beat and if you do the universe vs universe threads it just ends up being omnipotent vs omnipotent which is also against the rules and offers no debate. This is an extension of the be careful with team battles but this is gonna be cracked down on more.

No, I say screw that.... this is a thread that deserves a severe "beat-down"... if your busting out Universe V Universe threads than I say we beat this down in the most ridiculous way's possible. I.E.... the rare instance when busting out the Toons are applicable. The Animaniacs shred this guy.... As does of course the Roadrunner, and somehow (Just because he's never been beat.... plus props to the soundracks) Jerry..... and if none of that cuts it the Dues ex of all Dueses..... coming out of retirement and breaking all known Comicvine rules.... (That's some serious power there) comes the one and only..... Bugs Mother@$%@in Bunny...... I don't care who Sun Wukong's bringin..... nobody.... But NOBODY beats that crew.... (Except maybe Chuck Norris, and against the Toons even that's debatable.)

#40 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1645 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he wins against 5 of them.

#41 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7010 posts) - - Show Bio

@shootingnova: I'm flagging it more along the lines that it's impossible to debate. These types of thread usually turn into 'bash (insert character)' thread. I like Sun Wukong a lot, plan to get a tattoo of him one of these days, but he's outmatched. He would give someone like Superman a run for his money, but there are just too many people for him to beat.

#42 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen a similar thread outside Comic Vine that some people still think Wukong can easily beat Living Tribunal and stalemate with TOAA with physical power alone.

#43 Posted by ShootingNova (16089 posts) - - Show Bio

@schillenger420: And omnipotent beings.

I've seen a similar thread outside Comic Vine that some people still think Wukong can easily beat Living Tribunal and stalemate with TOAA with physical power alone.

Well, that's just wanking.

#44 Edited by 9dragons (92 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it is hard to compare.. Sun Wukong is known for breaking boundaries and limits set upon him from gods that mold his universe.

Example, when Wukong was imprison in a Lao Zhi heavenly furnace he should have died there, no debate. The pill within the furnace melts matters within the three realms. gods, mortal, demon. The grand god Lao Zhi had done so for eons without fail since the furnace was created. Wukong was able to resist being melted until he engulfed the golden pill that powered the furnace and as a bonus gained golden flamed eyes that can see through all illusions, including alterations to reality. Note, the furnace was able to severely burn him though it is speculated by fans that if he hadn't engulf the pill he would have perished. Wukong is known to be an adaptive trickster that workaround problems and rather solve problems with tricks then brute force. So if he ever encounter a being as great as the beyonder he probably challenge him to a contest rather then a straight out duel. Though if beyonder prove victorious the best he could do is imprison Wukong because only sufficient force of magic is able to harm wukong.

One can even say given the time period that the novel is created. Wukong is like a precursor of superboy prime or pr crisis superman because he had accomplished things that he should not be able to. He took on 100,000 heavenly soldiers at the same time. One heavenly soldier has the typical super strength, speed , flight capable of splitting mountains and creating rivers with their strikes, grand masters in martial arts and are consider gods themselves. The reason why they are ranked as heavenly soldiers because higher rank gods dwarf them in versatility as using magic, nature, cosmic powers with brains > brawn. Can you imagine one being taking on an army of gods. In some depictions he was doing well within the initial waves coming in form thousands descending from the skies until the entire heavenly army swarm him. He workaround that by creating duplicating 72 versions of himself. 72 v.s. 100,000 and he won.

Note all that mention above is pre-pilgrimage Wukong who had not attained buddahood. After buddahood he should be well up in the cosmic order.

In most scenarios with Sun Wukong there wouldn't be a straight up duel unless force to.

#45 Edited by JoseLoayza (23 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.universomarvel.com.aq/?art=niveles_marvel

Emperador de Jade = Zeus (mitologia, maravilla, dc, hazañas GoW párr pecado Simplificar importår es Dios de la ONU)

Buda o el 1er Estado de Budeidad seria como nivel 3 algo asi como 'el equilibrio del caos' o mas diractamente eso del nirvana

Que Igual a 'Caos' lo que seria algo similar a Chao King

Géneros En Realidad Que multiversos COMO Dc Sean juedeo-Cristianos 'problemas ya què

Michael y Lucifer y los demas angeles genera problemas

Ya que en otro universo como el Spawnverse Dios y diablo son menores a M.O.M o la mismo Spawn

En universo de 'Predicador' El Santo de los asesinos ya es mas fuerte que dios

Y El Universo descrito en la biblia para el que se basan para el 'omnipotente' es muy pequeño, ademas que la tierra tiene angulos la torre de babel esta 'cerca del cielo' y mas cosas asi