Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@dondave:

@dondave said:

Why is Zeus after Odin?

IDK, Why do they put Aspartame in our pop and call it Aminosweet? :) Odin and Zeus are the same as in power in my mind. His name came up first in my mind.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

GOKU!

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@dondave said:

Why is Zeus after Odin?

The better question is why is Gorr above Galactus and Ego

xmenhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xmenhulk

@homicidalmaniac said:

@dondave said:

Why is Zeus after Odin?

The better question is why is Gorr above Galactus and Ego

I have a question, Why are thousands of rats as big as cats terrorizing the city streets in Birmingham?

afueikawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By afueikawa
Did I enter the wrong thread?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably stops at 2, to be honest.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin smacks.

xmenhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the pic lol.

Alakemega123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 8

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By flashback0180

stops at Galactus honestly .

wukong is immortal , The best Buddha could do was confine him.

No Caption Provided

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Journey to the West? You Mean Saiyuki Reload?

man this is confusing when i google it a movie comes up

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wukong clears..

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sun Wukong would clear with not a lot of difficulty. Even if he fought them all at once. He's a lot smarter and versatile than they would expect so even if his fighting skill and physical abilities weren't enough, he still has a lot of options to beat all of the people here.

JoseLoayza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wukong clone while getting drunk with difficulty as Wukong want, what is certain is that the melee crazy.

Karit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends, if composite Sun Wukong using feats from:

• The original novel / Journey to the West 1986
  • Journey to the West 1996/1998
  • Monkey King: The Quest for the Sutra 2002
  • Journey to the West 2010
  • Journey to the West 2011
  • Monkey Magic anime
  • Saiyukiden manga
  • Marvel's Sun Wukong
  • DC's Sun Wukong

Composite Sun Wukong can clear this, considering he leapt from one end of infinity to the other and is nigh omnipotent if we combine all his various version's feats together. (yes, Sun Wukong appeared in both DC and Marvel)

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

it has been a long time since i read Journey to the West, but i think Wukong could clear it. But i only read event comics from Marvel so i am not really familiar with some of the characters

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

clears

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well if he can jump from one "end" of infinity to the other then I guess BFR is not an option. Lol.

DonatelloRawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DonatelloRawks

@nothingclever said:

Well if he can jump from one "end" of infinity to the other then I guess BFR is not an option. Lol.

@karit said:

Depends, if composite Sun Wukong using feats from:

• The original novel / Journey to the West 1986
  • Journey to the West 1996/1998
  • Monkey King: The Quest for the Sutra 2002
  • Journey to the West 2010
  • Journey to the West 2011
  • Monkey Magic anime
  • Saiyukiden manga
  • Marvel's Sun Wukong
  • DC's Sun Wukong

Composite Sun Wukong can clear this, considering he leapt from one end of infinity to the other and is nigh omnipotent if we combine all his various version's feats together. (yes, Sun Wukong appeared in both DC and Marvel)

Read the Journey to the West novel and understand the its background. The novel's definition of infinity is different from today's context.

I'm still surprised that so many people "overrate" the Monkey God. Now I can feel myself on the same shoes on why Batman fans can get irritated by people "wanking" Batman. It kinda irks me that one of my favourite childhood's fictional characters, Sun Wukong, had his capabilities vastly exaggerated.

Not a single notable adaptation (Outside of Dragonball) of Journey to the West had depicted the Monkey God as anywhere near planet level. His best feats in the all the adaptations AND the original novel itself put him at mountain level.

@masterkungfu said:

clears

Ha, no. Feats-wise, he stops at Round 2 Odin at BEST. And that's only because I don't know enough about Hela and Atlas.

All in all, people, read the novel instead of relying on hearsay pasted on the internet. I guess that is how people thought that Batman had legitimately kicked the Spectre despite true bat-fans like Saren debunking it.

TG_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karit: he appeared in DC and Marvel? Which comics??

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears

Rakusu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sun Wukong

Karit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tg_54: He made a very brief appearance in Marvel that I'm not very familiar with but he appeared in DC during a story told by the Presence to Lucifer and Michael where it shows Sun jumping from one end of infinity to another.

Matthew660

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Matthew660

He's somewhat comparable to the buddha. Who encompasses 10^125 universes. He's also able to run an infinite distance. Depends which version of him though.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Composite Wukong stops at Galactus.

He’s got enough crazy feats that I’ll say he can beat Odin, but at the end of the day he did get beat by like 3 mountains.

Avatar image for handsdownplease
handsdownplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By handsdownplease

@shootingnova: 1. If we are trying to compare official statements here, no one can beat chinese gods. Because Acient Chinese people have lack of knowledge about the word “omnipotent”, they thought being omnipotent just means you can do a lot of stuffs that mortal can’t. So even the weakest immortals in Chinese mythology got omnipotent statements... And of course Sun Wukong got omnipotent statements as well, and in fact, it has stated MORE THAN ONCE in the Journey to the West that Sun Wukong is omnipotent, 无所不能的 (but I do know that Sun Wukong did show some feats that are against his omnipotent statements, such as being defeated... so I guess this is official statements vs feats here)

2. One of Sun Wukong‘s best feats is lifting up three mountains (although when the third mountain landed on him, its weight overwhelmed him), but do keep in mind that the three landmasses are not normal, earthly mountains. Mount Sumeru, the first to land on Sun, is the central axis of the Hindo-Buddhist cosmos, atop of which the gods reside, with various layers of heavens rising from the summit to higher realms of being. Mount Emei, the second to land on him, is the abode of the Bodhisattva Samantabhadra, and Chinese legend states Buddhism spread from this mountain into China from India. It should be noted that Wukong is able to run “with the speed of a meteor” while toting both of these mountains on this shoulders. Mount Tai, the third and final mountain to land on him, is considered a Daoist deity in itself, as well as the heaviest thing imaginable in Chinese culture, It’s no wonder then that it ultimately overwhelms Monkey's supernatural strength. So lifting these mountains is a way more impressive feat than you think it is, in Sun’s world, in the Chinese and Buddh mythology world, it’s even comparable to Hercules lifting up the heaven (By the way, the earth in which Monkey lives is actually not our world. The world in the novel is modeled after the Hindo-Buddhist cosmos, which has four continents afloat in four holy oceans, each of which surrounds the four respective faces of the aforementioned celestial mountain).

3. Here is an interesting fact, Sun Wukong is a solar system buster. Celestial bodies are anthropomorphized and zoomorphized in Journey to the West—that is to say stars and planets are represented in either human or (sometimes mythical) animal form. Monkey is shown capable of defeating such entities. For instance, he defeats the “Nine Luminaries" (九曜星君) in hand-to-hand combat during his rebellion. For context, the Nine Luminaries are the sun and the moon, the known planets Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, and Saturn, and two shadowy planets/stars called Rahu and Ketu. Sun Wukong later recites a poem in which he states these celestial bodies fear him. How exactly does one map this mythology onto real world astronomy? If he single-handedly defeats these nine solar and planetary gods, does this mean he’s capable of destroying a solar system? If Wukong is fighting Superman, does his power over the sun mean he can scare the modern concept of our star into hiding, thus depriving the Kryptonian of his much needed solar energy?​Now, someone familiar with the novel might claim such celestial beings lack citable superhuman feats, making it impossible to gauge the strength needed by Sun Wukong to defeat them. This may be true, but the same person (or others) will inevitably go on to cite an example from their chosen warrior's canon in which he or she blows up a planet or star. What's the difference between one character beating up the embodiment of a star in mythology and a character who blows up a star in comics/anime? The sun is being overwhelmed in both cases. If the solar deity is not accepted as a representation of the physical sun, then there is no point in including a mythical figure like Sun Wukong in the debate in the first place.​

4. Sun cannot be killed. Sun erased his name from the book of death, which means he has defeated the death itself. Also it has stated in Journey to the West that he has jumped out of the three realms and not be in the five elements (To "jump out of the three realms" means to go beyond the cycle of life and death, and to "not be in the five elements" means to be free from material obstacles), which means even reality warping might not work on him. So it is impossible for his enemy to kill him, BUT If his enemy is capable of warping reality against his or her will, then it is possible for him/her to kill Sun (Although it’s still arguable).

I’ve seen your comments in other discussions, one of them is Sun Wukong vs Mythology Zeus. You claimed that Zeus easily stomps the monkey, now I hope you understand that it’s not true.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sun wukong is strong, but not that strong. He doesn't get past 1

Avatar image for handsdownplease
handsdownplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By handsdownplease

@mcflicky said:

Sun wukong is strong, but not that strong. He doesn't get past 1

Sun Wukong is way way way more powerful than you think he is. It has been stated in JTTW that Sun Wukong have gone beyond the Three Worlds, and no longer subject to the Five Elements 跳出三界之外,不在五行之中. Let’s first explain the Five Elements. The meaning of the Five Elements contains the five basic dynamics underlying the evolution of Yin and Yang: gold (accumulation), wood (growth), water (infiltration), fire (destruction), and earth (fusion). Ancient Chinese philosophers used the theory of five elements to explain the formation of all things in the world and their interrelations. It emphasizes the wholeness and aims to describe the forms of movement and transformation of things. The Three Worlds are more complicated to explain, here is a picture that can explain them pretty well, you can take a look at it yourself since I don’t want to type that much (it’s freaking tired...):

No Caption Provided

Sun Wukong literally have gone beyond The Three Worlds (Kamaloka, Rupaloka, Arupaloka, and especially Arupaloka, the world of Infinite Space, Infinite Consciousness, Nothingness and Neither-perception-nor-non perception). So the “have gone beyond the Three Worlds, and no longer subject to the Five Elements” statement seems meaningless but actually scary af. If we translate it into Modern Language it literally means “beyond the cycle of life and death, not limited by the physical dimension”. If we look at it this way, then Sun is at least way above Sky Father level, he could even be on the same level as Eternity (*could* be).