Posted by darklord_apoc (1351 posts) 9 months, 16 days ago

Poll: Sue Richards vs Wonderwoman (read o.p) (15 votes)

Invisible Woman 33%
Wonder Woman 73%

No speed blitz so reduce speed for Diana... Fight takes place in New York... Win by K.O or death... No prep

#1 Posted by TifaLockhart (14046 posts) - - Show Bio

In character?

#2 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3826 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure why people take characters that aren't on the same level and then completely nerf one of them to "balance it out". That should tell you something to begin with.

#3 Posted by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

In character?

Funny thing is most of these fights would never happen "in character" since they so often are hero vs. hero.

#4 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3826 posts) - - Show Bio

@tifalockhart said:

In character?

Funny thing is most of these fights would never happen "in character" since they so often are hero vs. hero.

Not true, for all of them. Those from the same company obviously would know better, but there are definitely instances in which heros have fought other heros unknown. This fight probably wouldn't happen as I'm sure Wonder Woman would ask IW to stand down and vice versa.

#5 Edited by green_skaar (4415 posts) - - Show Bio

@evil_incarnate said:

Not true, for all of them. Those from the same company obviously would know better, but there are definitely instances in which heros have fought other heros unknown. This fight probably wouldn't happen as I'm sure Wonder Woman would ask IW to stand down and vice versa.

Or end up with them teaming up, like so often happens with Thor vs. Hulk.

#6 Posted by XiiX (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure why people take characters that aren't on the same level and then completely nerf one of them to "balance it out". That should tell you something to begin with.

#7 Posted by darklord_apoc (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:
@evil_incarnate said:

You must be new here because everyone does that it's just seeing if Invisible Woman has a chance if Wonder Woman does not speed blitz her, which Wonder Woman does not just speed blitz every time she fights anyways but if I would not have reduced speed there would be a lot saying she can just speed blitz her, and since Wonder Woman hardly does that in a fight I really am not taking much away from her...

#8 Edited by XiiX (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc: Yeah. If you consider 5 years or so "new". Who cares if "everyone does it"? That would be why the statement "I'm not sure why people......." was made; because people do it, and it's stupid.

Wonder Woman doesn't need to speed-blitz her. She still operates at a ridiculously faster pace, and only needs to connect with Sue's person once for it to be over. Sue won't put a bubble in her brain either, so works both ways, as Wonder Woman is still her superior in every conceivable way(except for maybe long range-offense).

#9 Edited by Evil Incarnate (3826 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:
@evil_incarnate said:

You must be new here because everyone does that it's just seeing if Invisible Woman has a chance if Wonder Woman does not speed blitz her, which Wonder Woman does not just speed blitz every time she fights anyways but if I would not have reduced speed there would be a lot saying she can just speed blitz her, and since Wonder Woman hardly does that in a fight I really am not taking much away from her...

Firstly I've been here far longer than you have. Secondly there's a difference between taking speed out of a battle in which both of the combatants have other comparable stats or attributes for example Hulk vs Superman with no speed blitz or flight. These two ladies have neither. The battle just becomes can WW break through IW's shield or will IW be able to put a bubble in her brain/stop her heart before she can do so.

#10 Posted by TifaLockhart (14046 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she can break them but if morals are off, she's not going to have time before she gets telefragged by a forcefield.

#11 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3826 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she can break them but if morals are off, she's not going to have time before she gets telefragged by a forcefield.

Of course she can break them, but these are two characters with very different powersets that even the slightest "nerf" swings the battle from one end to the other.

#12 Posted by catfightfan (585 posts) - - Show Bio

This would make for a most interesting battle.

#13 Posted by patrat18 (9612 posts) - - Show Bio

Good point.

#14 Edited by TifaLockhart (14046 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for both.

#15 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

WW, Sue is simply out of her league here.

#16 Posted by darklord_apoc (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@darklord_apoc said:
@xiix said:
@evil_incarnate said:

Firstly I've been here far longer than you have. Secondly there's a difference between taking speed out of a battle in which both of the combatants have other comparable stats or attributes for example Hulk vs Superman with no speed blitz or flight. These two ladies have neither. The battle just becomes can WW break through IW's shield or will IW be able to put a bubble in her brain/stop her heart before she can do so.

That does not even make sense lol.... As I said I took her speed away so people could not say she could blitz her, and since she does not go around blitzing people anyways.... Secondly, this is what makes a good battle because they both have different powersets... And yes that is what it comes down to if she can do that or can WW get to her first with her skill and reduce speed..

#17 Posted by darklord_apoc (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@darklord_apoc: Yeah. If you consider 5 years or so "new". Who cares if "everyone does it"? That would be why the statement "I'm not sure why people......." was made; because people do it, and it's stupid.

Wonder Woman doesn't need to speed-blitz her. She still operates at a ridiculously faster pace, and only needs to connect with Sue's person once for it to be over. Sue won't put a bubble in her brain either, so works both ways, as Wonder Woman is still her superior in every conceivable way(except for maybe long range-offense).

Um that was an example I used and never said that was the reason I done it, but it has been done on her a lot which was my point but not that I did it for that reason... I was trying to say it's a normal thing on here to make the fight fair... I been on here just as long or longer.... I lost access to me first acct and though I do not post all the time I still come on here to see other threads... As someone else said this does make an interesting fight so instead of harping about how I reduced her speed why not make arguments why Wonder Woman wins if you believe she does?