• 114 results
#1 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

Standard Battle Forum Rules Apply

VS

#2 Posted by RedRobinTimDrake (145 posts) - - Show Bio

sub-zero he is a ninja that can most likely can fight better and if he wanted to could keep his distance and just shoot at her with his ice balls.

#3 Posted by Nefarious (19850 posts) - - Show Bio

Sub-Zero.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224043 posts) - - Show Bio
Can't Sub-Zero just freeze Buffy ?
#5 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Sub-Zero on his worst day wins here...to be honest, he don't even need his powers here, would probably just snap Buffy's neck after he beats the snot out of her.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (224043 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vaeternus said:

Sub-Zero on his worst day wins here...to be honest, he don't even need his powers here, would probably just snap Buffy's neck after he beats the snot out of her.

but it would not make sense to call him Sub-Zero without his Ice Powers... that's like Babe Ruth with No Batting Power... makes no sense. 
[=
#7 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@Vaeternus said:

but it would not make sense to call him Sub-Zero without his Ice Powers... that's like Babe Ruth with No Batting Power... makes no sense. [=

Oh I know the OP didn't say without his powers or anything, I'm just saying he really doesn't need to rely on his powers to defeat Buffy here. Babe Ruth was also good defensively though for the record ;)

#8 Posted by King Saturn (224043 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vaeternus said:

@King Saturn said:

@Vaeternus said:

but it would not make sense to call him Sub-Zero without his Ice Powers... that's like Babe Ruth with No Batting Power... makes no sense. [=

Oh I know the OP didn't say without his powers or anything, I'm just saying he really doesn't need to rely on his powers to defeat Buffy here. Babe Ruth was also good defensively though for the record ;)

I don't think anyone remembers Babe Ruth for his Defense... it's always 714. 
[=
#9 Posted by jwalser3 (4915 posts) - - Show Bio

inb4 butt hurt Buffy fanboys

#10 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

@Vaeternus said:

@King Saturn said:

@Vaeternus said:

I don't think anyone remembers Babe Ruth for his Defense... it's always 714. [=

Obviously, he's known for the offense lol but he was a hell of a defensive player too, he was a pitcher and outfielder(that's pretty versatile for baseball)

#11 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Subzero wins this quit easily... Not sure if Buffy can dodge his freezing attacks or not, but none of that matters... Subzero freezes her and she freezes to death and dies.... Not to mention Subzero is a better h2h fighter than Buffy can ever dream of...

Subzero 8/10

#12 Posted by MonsterStomp (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

Can't Sub-Zero just freeze Buffy ?

Well he flash freezes people. Still would give him enough time to rip her spine out of her back. Sub Zero in a fatalstomp.

#13 Edited by Job (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is it Buffy threads are always populated by people who know nothing about the character declaring how she gets stomped? Who cares that she has evaded lightning, bullets and fireballs... I'ts ICE obviously it's a milion times different and more deadly... so she gets stomped. And totally the girl who has defeated an entire army of highly trained prepped military soldiers with automatic weapons totally gets owned by Subzero. Cuz he's a ninja!!!!. I mean her ex bf has defeated Robot Ninjas, and Demon shaolin Monks, and got stomped by her in a fight...but sure.....anyone who diasagrees with the people who dont know anything about ther character are out of control raging fanboys. Brilliant.

#14 Posted by goodguy24 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Job:

I have a question ( not to be rude. ) how come you always show up on Buffy threads? its like you waite all day and night for a Buffy thread and never show yourself until a Buffy thread comes along. Why is that?

#15 Posted by MonsterStomp (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Job said:

Why is it Buffy threads are always populated by people who know nothing about the character declaring how she gets stomped? Who cares that she has evaded lightning, bullets and fireballs... I'ts ICE obviously it's a milion times different and more deadly... so she gets stomped. And totally the girl who has defeated an entire army of highly trained prepped military soldiers with automatic weapons totally gets owned by Subzero. Cuz he's a ninja!!!!. I mean her ex bf has defeated Robot Ninjas, and Demon shaolin Monks, and got stomped by her in a fight...but sure.....anyone who diasagrees with the people who dont know anything about ther character are out of control raging fanboys. Brilliant.

You clearly havn't played mortal kombat 9. Buffy goes for a round house kick, Zero does his ice counter attack, drops her on the ground and murder stomps her. Better yet. Sub Zero deep freezes her and with a fatal front kick, shatters her into pieces. Zero has held his own against Scorpion in random encounters. Scorpion would sucker stomp Buffy in 2 seconds.

#16 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Job: I was gonna ask, didn't buffy get powers like being able to move as fast a bullets and leap tall buildings or something. Has she lost those?
#17 Posted by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Job said:

You clearly havn't played mortal kombat 9. Buffy goes for a round house kick, Zero does his ice counter attack, drops her on the ground and murder stomps her. Better yet. Sub Zero deep freezes her and with a fatal front kick, shatters her into pieces. Zero has held his own against Scorpion in random encounters. Scorpion would sucker stomp Buffy in 2 seconds.

Well, thats all game mechanics. Do you suggest that Sub-Zero can't be defeated by character without ice powers? You never defeated Sub-Zero using other character? Also that Scorpoin thing - prove it.

@onilordasmodeus:

No, she lost those powers.

#18 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Picard: Ok, thanks.

To say that it's all game mechanics is wrong.

Sub has deep freezed people in the games, comics, and in the movies, and the ice clone has been a staple of his since MK2 and he'd done that in the movies too. I'd say it's pretty standard for a ninja to use some sort of substitution skill, anyway. But not only can he just make clones though, he can flash freeze by touch, change or encase himself in ice, and has lots of ice construct at his disposal as well like swords and such.

In a fight Subzero can definitely loose, to say other wise would be denying facts, but he is very hard to beat or kill as his defense is incredible, and he is said to be cunning to the extreme.

As far as buffy goes, without some sort of projectile I don't see how she can keep him at bay. Of course she'd probably be able to dodge an ice blast from a distance, but once they get in close, I don't see how she avoids not getting immobilized and broken.

#19 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Ice Clone is a fact. Done in mortal Kombat Annialation Movie.

Deep Freez Ice Field. Fact. Done in Mortal Kombat Movie.

Flash Freezing Ice Balls or Ice Beams. Fact again as been done in every Movie, Cinema, and Comic hes in.

Ice Slide. Fact Again. Done in Kombat Annialation Movie as well MK9 Story Mode Cinemas.

Transported by turning to Ice. Ice Teleport. Fact. Done in the MK9 Story Mode Cinemas.

Makes Ice weapons. Fact. Done in Game Cinemas.

So all these are NOT game mechanics and fact.

Get over it people. MK has little feats but Sub Zeros Powers have been featured in Comics, Movies, and Game Cinemas.

Oh yeah Buffy gets stomped.

#20 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

Flash Freezing Ice Balls or Ice Beams. Fact again as been done in every Movie, Cinema, and Comic hes in.

Ice Slide. Fact Again. Done in Kombat Annialation Movie as well MK9 Story Mode Cinemas.

Transported by turning to Ice. Ice Teleport. Fact. Done in the MK9 Story Mode Cinemas.

Get over it people. MK has little feats but Sub Zeros Powers have been featured in Comics, Movies, and Game Cinemas.

Mortal Kombat movies are non-canon and so are most of the comics

#21 Posted by 8765309 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Picard: Ok, thanks.

To say that it's all game mechanics is wrong.

Sub has deep freezed people in the games, comics, and in the movies, and the ice clone has been a staple of his since MK2 and he'd done that in the movies too. I'd say it's pretty standard for a ninja to use some sort of substitution skill, anyway. But not only can he just make clones though, he can flash freeze by touch, change or encase himself in ice, and has lots of ice construct at his disposal as well like swords and such.

In a fight Subzero can definitely loose, to say other wise would be denying facts, but he is very hard to beat or kill as his defense is incredible, and he is said to be cunning to the extreme.

As far as buffy goes, without some sort of projectile I don't see how she can keep him at bay. Of course she'd probably be able to dodge an ice blast from a distance, but once they get in close, I don't see how she avoids not getting immobilized and broken.

1. Buffy has evaded bullets up close.

2, She is stronger than a guy who did this to a door

She will punch though his ice armor, and kill him with a single blow. Buffy has defeated Gods, out smarted army generals on the battlefield, and constantly shows ingenuity while fighting which Spike has pointed out.

3. It's a block of ice. Why do you think Buffy will b tricked by a block of ice in the shape of a person?

#22 Posted by YoungJustice (6800 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy

@CadenceV2 said:

Makes Ice weapons. Fact. Done in Game Cinemas.

Most of those are non cannon.

#23 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice: @nick_hero22 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

So basicaly then all Subzero ever shown feat wise is Ice Teleport. Thats it. What your saying is he cant use Ice Balls that Freeze. Ice Slide, Ice Clone, or do any Ice moves but Ice teleport correct....

#24 Posted by YoungJustice (6800 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

So basicaly then all Subzero ever shown feat wise is Ice Teleport. Thats it. What your saying is he cant use Ice Balls that Freeze. Ice Slide, Ice Clone, or do any Ice moves but Ice teleport correct....

He can, but we still dont know how effective they are since they were a gameplay mechanic.

#25 Posted by Job (422 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

What does it matter? Everything you listed will do nothing to Buffy anyway. A clone made of a block of ice, buffy will totally be fooled by that. Ice field, didn't LK just throw water at him and he killed himself? Flash freezing iceballs and beams will totally hurt buffy, even though she has dodged energy attacks from willow, lighting from an Initiative weapon fired by Adam and Xander, Ice slide? Really? Ice slide? She had blocked the blows from teleporters and killed teleporters. It doesnt matter if OP gives him ice powers or not. Buffy stomps. I've seen you in enough Buffy threads for you to know these fetas by now.

#26 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@8765309:

1) If she can evade a bullet then she can evade ice blasts, I think I said something to that affect, but up close she is dealing with more than just that, in fact, up close he most likely wouldn't use it. In CQC sub has his ice clone, ice touch, ice breath, ice swords, ice grenades, ice walls, and everthing else, let alone flash freezing the air in his vacinity. If she punches him, what is to stop him from grabing here arm, or reaching out and grabing her body? She is what 5' something? He is 6'2", I'm sure his reach is better than hers, but you are making it out to be that she would just dominate up close. The fact would be up close Sub would dictate the pace of the fight, that is what he does and why he is so good.

2) Depending on what sub we are talking about, he has beaten gods and all that too. Needless to say, both Buffy and Sub have impressive records.

3) About Sub's ice clone... I think sub is a smarter fighter than Buffy is through and through. Sub has been trained from birth to decieve and lure opponents, and has more tricks than buffy does. All he has to do is touch her or get her to over commit on a punch or kick and he's got her.

@CadenceV2: @YoungJustice:

We do know how long a normal freeze immobilizes people, and we do know that his flash freeze can freeze people solid to where they shatter. We also know that his touch can freeze a metal chain solid to the point of shattering so a human body should be a none issue. We also know that his ice slide knocks people of their feet and we know his clone can take damage for him.

@Job:

Has buffy ever fought on an ice skating rink?
#27 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy 
The Ice powers are a little tricky but I have never seen them as OHKO...soooooooo 

And LOL at Scorpion/Sub-Zero beating Buffy in pure h2h

#28 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#29 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Sub-Zero freezes her than punches her head off.

#30 Posted by MonsterStomp (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: Pfft. Who cares? Sub-Zero does a standard X-Ray move and kills Buffy with enough time to see his jug flick off. Stomped.

#31 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#32 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9660 posts) - - Show Bio

Buffy stomps him h2h. The ice would be the only issue but beyond simple game mechanics nobody has proven it to be as deadly as they let on......

#33 Posted by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Picard: Pfft. Who cares? Sub-Zero does a standard X-Ray move and kills Buffy with enough time to see his jug flick off. Stomped.

Well, I care. :) For all I know X-ray moves are also just game mechanics, and characters hurted by those moves can still fight back. So question is how strong is he? For example is he strong enough that he can, with one arm throw adult man half across the room with force necessary to destroy a large chunk of concrete wall? - 7:33:

And don't get me wrong - unlike some people - I don't think that Buffy stomps. Quite the opposite, this topic is one of the best Buffy's fights on this forum - it is well thought out, it is an interesting fight, and it is not one sided but all things considered I still think that Slayer would take majority.

#34 Posted by MonsterStomp (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: I think other players still get up because they are also more durable then Buffy. How's Buffy going to survive her liver being crushed and her skull shattered? Better yet, Sub-Zero flash freezes her leg in place, comes behind her and rips her spine out of her back. Deep freeze her and shatter her in a strong kick. Sub-Zero juggles people in all games. Kicks them through layers of walls in MK vs DC, survives falling off buildings. If its all game mechanics, I'm just going to stick with the fatalities.

#35 Edited by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Picard: I think other players still get up because they are also more durable then Buffy. How's Buffy going to survive her liver being crushed and her skull shattered? Better yet, Sub-Zero flash freezes her leg in place, comes behind her and rips her spine out of her back. Deep freeze her and shatter her in a strong kick. Sub-Zero juggles people in all games. Kicks them through layers of walls in MK vs DC, survives falling off buildings. If its all game mechanics, I'm just going to stick with the fatalities.

Game Mechanics are non-canon

#36 Posted by MonsterStomp (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: He's still pretty damn ruthless. Idk if this is canon or not but...

#37 Posted by nick_hero22 (6843 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@nick_hero22: He's still pretty damn ruthless. Idk if this is canon or not but...

MK: Shaolin Monks is non canon as well

#38 Posted by MonsterStomp (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: Still no reason for him not to display this type of combat.

#39 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does this thread even exist?

@ 10:50, Sub flash freezes 4 people at a time.

#40 Posted by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

Again prove that other players are more resilient than her. :) Also how can you fight back when your skull is shattered, or when your neck is broken? This is ridiculous, it is nothing more than game mechanics. DC vs. Mortal Kombat - yes, all characters in this game - not only Sub Zero- can throw each other through solid walls, all of them, even people like Joker or Catwoman, so sorry this is not a proof. Fatalities? I wonder why they never do this during the fight... It must have something to do with fact that your victim must stand perfectly still to to perform this move. Deep freeze? She dodged lightning bolts, bullets and she keep pace with speeding vehicles, i don't think that avoiding ice would be much problem for her.

@MonsterStomp said:

Non canon = unimportant

@onilordasmodeus said:

Why does this thread even exist?

@ 10:50, Sub flash freezes 4 people at a time.

What does that prove? He frozen people who were standing perfectly still, she would not make the same mistake

#41 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5242 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about Sub-Zero, from what I've seen however, he beats Buffy.

#42 Posted by 8765309 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I know everything about Buffy, and from what i've seen of Subzero I know he loses.

#43 Posted by MonsterStomp (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: Avoiding ice not a big problem? She touches him and gets flash frozen easy kill. And then rips her spine out :)

#44 Posted by MonsterStomp (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

Kneel to the great Sub-Zero!

#45 Posted by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@MonsterStomp said:

@Picard: Avoiding ice not a big problem? She touches him and gets flash frozen easy kill. And then rips her spine out :)

Yes, it's not a big problem because his special attacks such as his ice projectiles are designed to hit a target directly in front of him - you never dodged those attacks when you played one of MK games? - and she shown speed, reflexes and skills necessary to dodge attacks from multiple directions:

So I don't see the problem with her avoiding his one-directional attacks. Freezing touch is something different but it's not finishing move, it's not one hit kill - characters did recovered themselves after those attacks and they fought back. I don't see why she can't do this same thing?

#46 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Being canon or not, doesn't negate the fact that Subzero has accomplished those abilities. Whether we're using game mechanics, movie, live action tv show or cartoon, he's still shown to use them one way or another. Every ability that he has used throughout his tenure, overshadows Buffy's skills. The only thing Buffy may have going for her is her hand-to-hand combat, though I doubt that would do much damage unless she gets up close and personal; which in this case, Subzero could use various techniques to counter her. With that, my vote goes to Subzero.

#47 Posted by Picard (994 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSuperHuman said:

Being canon or not, doesn't negate the fact that Subzero has accomplished those abilities. Whether we're using game mechanics, movie, live action tv show or cartoon, he's still shown to use them one way or another. Every ability that he has used throughout his tenure, overshadows Buffy's skills. The only thing Buffy may have going for her is her hand-to-hand combat, though I doubt that would do much damage unless she gets up close and personal; which in this case, Subzero could use various techniques to counter her. With that, my vote goes to Subzero.

Nope, this exactly meant that: non-canon= it didn't happened, just like Batman defeating Superman in The Dark Knight Returns doesn't count because it's non-canon.

#48 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm siding with Sub-Zero on this one, but it seems many of you don't actually understand how Buffy's powers work and aren't giving her a fair shake. As the Slayer, Buffy has the collective combat skills and experience as well as physical stats of every Slayer before her, and there have been Slayers since the stone age. Her best shot is if she can keep the fight up close and personal and even then it would be a up hill battle for Buffy. Sub-Zero's cryomancy is very versatile. He can not only use it to generate projectile attacks, but for evasion as well (example: ice clone). While Buffy is on the offensive, Sub-Zero can generate and ice clone mid attack to evade it, and before the clone even finishes shattering he could blast the Slayer with a freezing attack. Another thing Buffy has to contend with is Sub-Zero's ability to use his cryomancy to generate simple weapons (swords, daggers, shuriken,etc) of ice as he has demonstrated in the MK9 storyline. Having said that though had Sub-Zero not had the ability to use his ice magic for whatever reason, than this would probably be a very close fight.

#49 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard said:

@TheSuperHuman said:

Nope, this exactly meant that: non-canon= it didn't happened, just like Batman defeating Superman in The Dark Knight Returns doesn't count because it's non-canon.

Well that did happen, in another Universe.

#50 Posted by MonsterStomp (17172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Picard: Whats Buffy going to do to Zero anyway?

I have scans too :)