SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SpinnerComix

@thenewbluebeetle007's Team:

Composite Firestorm, Saint Walker, Composite Superboy, GL Sinestro w/o ring, Hal Jordan w/o ring, Kyle Rayner w/o ring

@dedmanwalkin's Team:

No Caption Provided

Norman Osborn

TNBB's Gear:

• Green Lantern Ring
  • Oculus

DedmanWalkin's Gear:

• Orange Lantern Ring
  • Crimson Gem of Cyttorak
  • Quantum Bands
  • Bleeding Edge Armor
  • Mirror Master's Gear
  • Captain Cold's Cold Gun
  • Lasso of Truth

TNBB's Perks:

• DC Dudes
  • Passing the Torch
  • Perfect Teamwork

DedmanWalkin's Perks:

• One Man Army
  • Marvelous

Rules

• CaV Style Battles
  • Every character will have their standard morals, unless specified by a perk
  • No BFR, or Soul Manipulation
  • Duplication of objects is aloud, but not people or other living things

No Caption Provided

TNBB's Team starts at the Blue (atop the LG sign), Dedman's Team starts at the red star

Link to the tourney page: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/spinner-s-tier-tourney-closed-1652156/ (sorry the links aren't working, so you're gonna have to highlight and search)

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@thenewbluebeetle007: I am going to be borrowing from the last round a bit.

Intro

Norman Osborn

No Caption Provided

Norman Osborn is a master of manipulation with decades of experience in superheroic combat. As the Green Goblin, he has superhuman strength and speed as well as access to high tech weapons. He is no noob when it comes to having power and will relish the immense power he is granted by his gear. He is not sane by any measure but that will work for him here. Here is what he is working with here.

The Bleeding Edge Armor

No Caption Provided

The Bleeding Edge Armor is one of Stark's best Iron Man Armors. Osborn is already used to wearing Stark-Tech Armor so this should be no issue. Its incredibly advanced technology can be reformatted fairly easily and can incorporate outside technology.

The Crimson Gem of Cyttorak

No Caption Provided

The Gem imbues anyone who has it and uses the incantation gains practical invulnerability and limitless strength as well as a magical forcefield. Osborn is not new to having ridiculous strength and durability. With the Gem inserted into the armor, its power will be enhanced to ridiculous levels.

Orange Lantern Ring

No Caption Provided

Someone has already thins that Osborn would be an ideal Orange Lantern Ring wielder. It grants ridiculously high levels of power with the ability to create your own Lantern Corp. Integrated into the Armor, it will provide limitless power.

Cold Gun and Mirror Master's Gear

No Caption Provided

The Cold Gun is a powerful thermal weapon capable of slowing even the Flash; only the highest energy output would even get through its field. Mirror Master's Gear allows for a variety of cool things but most importantly access to Mirrorworld. They will easily be integrated into the Bleeding Edge Armor.

Quantum Bands

No Caption Provided

The Quantum Bands are powerful pieces of technology designed to manipulate incredible amounts of quantum energy. They will have no issues being integrated.

Wonder Woman's Lasso

No Caption Provided

The Lasso is one of the most powerful things on my gear list. It ensures that people tell the truth regardless of the situation. It can be used for a variety of things but most importantly it makes it impossible to mind control someone bound by it.

I've got more prep than you do with a total of 3 hours with the added benefit of full knowledge at the 15 minute mark.

3 Hours Prep

After about an hour of having the Armor explain the capabilities of the new stuff he has and reciting the incantation to activate the Gem, he goes to his former allies and absorbs them into the Ring. This gives him quite an army to add to his already formidable power. By the time he enters battle, he'll have summoned his army and retreated into Mirrorworld. From Mirrorworld, he can attack with impunity from any mirrored surface. So let's talk about his army:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hope your guys like dealing with my Orange Lantern Sinister Six!

My Attack

Osborn sends his Lantern Corp after yours. They clash and die and clash and die. Your Lanterns burn through their energy quickly fighting off the limitless energy of my Ring. They become useless. This leaves just Superboy and Firestorm. Firestorm is useless against Energy Constructs. Superboy will eventually burn through his Blue Sun energy. Since he will have no time to rest and no time to recharge, he'll need that Yellow Sun. That is when Osborn takes it away using the Quantum Bands. They allow him to manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum, he'll turn the sun red! Superboy will be depowered. This leaves just Firestorm! This is when Osborn brings out the Lasso. Once it gets around Firestorm, Osborn demands to speak to them in their true forms. This will force them to deactivate the Firestorm Matrix. Once out of the Matrix, Osborn kills their human forms.

Your team can't stop or even touch Osborn and with his knowledge from the perk, he can effortless take your team apart one by one.

Conclusion

Your team has no means of getting to me in Mirror World. If you adopt the strategy you did last round then you have no means of dealing with Osborn. The best thing your can try is to transmute every shiny surface into something else but that still leaves your eyes meaning I can always attack. I have substantially more power for my Ring than you do yours thanks to the limitless power of Cyttorak. Your team is outnumbered and outgunned.

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@spinnercomix: A few questions before I start: where does the battle take place? Are we allowed to take things from other places (for example could I go to OA to charge my batteries)?

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: It is in the OP, some alternate reality New York that has been attacked.

If you have dimensional travel then you could potentially grab some stuff. If Spinner allows for this then I may alter my prep plans. I was functioning on the idea that you could not.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinnercomix: A few questions before I start: where does the battle take place? Are we allowed to take things from other places (for example could I go to OA to charge my batteries)?

@thenewbluebeetle007: It is in the OP, some alternate reality New York that has been attacked.

If you have dimensional travel then you could potentially grab some stuff. If Spinner allows for this then I may alter my prep plans. I was functioning on the idea that you could not.

I'd say that's fair. But only during prep, not during the actual battle.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Graps popcorn

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: well, the Oculus allows me to see your prep results. So I think you should edit yours before I post my own.

I also have a question. If Mirror Master opens a portal, can he control what goes in and out? Or is it open to just anyone?

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007:

The Oculus

How are you keeping the insanity from taking hold much less death?

Also, this sight is visual, right? Illusions are one of the many great powers that the gear gives Norman. You are using the Oculus to see into the future in the area, right? I can BFR your team instantly into an alternate dimension and replace your team with an illusion. When you view the battle, you will view the illusion and that will be what Osborn want it to be. Mirror Master is so good at this that the Flash didn't even know he was BFR'd. So, Osborn controls your vision of reality. Unlimited Sight is awesome but without the right search terms you won't get what you are looking for.

Mirror Master

Mirror Master has basically complete control over what and what does not enter Mirror World. No one just accidentally enters it. If the Flash can't do it without Mirror Master's help then I see no way that anyone on your team could.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin said:

@thenewbluebeetle007:

The Oculus

How are you keeping the insanity from taking hold much less death?

The Oculus's trance was broken when the person using it was awoken by someone she had a telepathic connection with. Later, it was revealed that with enough experience, Sphinx was able to use it while still maintaining his hold on sanity, so long as his mentor telepath shared a telepathic link with him. Since Spinner has given everyone mastery of their devices to the level of the original user, I will have this as well.

If I put the Oculus inside the Firestorm Matrix and give it to one of the people that are in there (Composite gives me access to Gehenna, Ronnie, Jason, Martin, Arkhadin, DeSaad, Megara, and Firehawk, among others, so finding someone like that shouldn't be a problem). Considering all elements of the Matrix are telepathically linked, this shouldn't be a problem.

Also, this sight is visual, right? Illusions are one of the many great powers that the gear gives Norman. You are using the Oculus to see into the future in the area, right? I can BFR your team instantly into an alternate dimension and replace your team with an illusion. When you view the battle, you will view the illusion and that will be what Osborn want it to be. Mirror Master is so good at this that the Flash didn't even know he was BFR'd. So, Osborn controls your vision of reality. Unlimited Sight is awesome but without the right search terms you won't get what you are looking for.

Yes and no. The person sees it, yes, but it shatters all illusions and makes the user aware of what's actually going on - in Book 5 of the series the Oculus saw through the defenses of the most powerful magicians in the world, stacked. The user was aware of what was actually happening. So, illusions don't matter because the user sees what's really there. It's quite an OP item. You're also forgetting that we see EVERYTHING, in EVERY DIMENSION (they used the Oculus to locate the dimension in which a love interest of the main character was trapped in). You can't prevent us seeing you.

Mirror Master

Mirror Master has basically complete control over what and what does not enter Mirror World. No one just accidentally enters it. If the Flash can't do it without Mirror Master's help then I see no way that anyone on your team could.

I think you may have misunderstood my question. If Mirror Master has a portal open, and somebody was faster than he could think, could they go through that portal? Or it would the portal reject them? I'd need definitive proof of the portal rejecting someone.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007:

Oculus

That Mentor was Nagi Luna who is not on your team. You only get to use it at the level of the user which was Sphinx. What person on your team has telepathic feats on Nagi Luna's level? Desaad does not.

Magic Illusions are not the same as technological illusions. Just because it beat a magic illusion does not mean it can beat a technological illusion. Magic Illusions are made out of magic energy which can be detected by magic items but the illusions that Mirror Master packs are made out of light. How does the Oculus filter real light from the light that makes up Mirror Master's holograms? For instance, Stephen Strange and Scarlet Witch invoked an elder god and were both completely useless against the technology that the Skrulls were using to hide from them. The Eye should have pierced the illusion with no problem but because the illusion was technology-based, their power was useless. This is why it took Reed Richard's Science to beat it. What showings does the Oculus have against technological illusions?

Furthermore, the Oculus is a shiny crystal, right? How does one use it? Look into it? Because if that is the case then Osborn can just blind it! Just so you know, Mirror World reaches into every dimension so I can see you just as easily as you can see me.

Mirrors

You are mistaken on how Mirror Master's tech works, it isn't a portal. He manipulates your reflection. If it was a portal, size and shape would matter and those don't matter at all:

No Caption Provided

Even if it was a portal Mirror Master fights the Flash, if it was possible for someone to get into Mirror World without Mirror Master's permission, he would have done it.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: fair enough about the mirrors.

I guess I'll post my Intro / Prep now.

Intro

First I'd like to clarify that all my characters are Composite and have perfect teamwork, meaning morals majority wins.

If you are a voter, please don't be intimidated by how long the CaV looks on the sidebar... most of it is pictures.

Firestorm the Nuclear Man

No Caption Provided

"Watch out New York, Firestorm's back in town!"

Powerset:

Now this guy, is my favorite character in all of comics. Most underrated character on the Vine by a long shot. Caught in an explosion, Ronnie Raymond and Martin Stein fused to become the entity known as Firestorm, who had awesome powers induced by the Firestorm Matrix, which is the power of creation. As such, Ronnie can manipulate matter and fire nuclear powered blasts at opponents, along with many other powers that I will get into later.

No Caption Provided

"The most dangerous being in the universe"

Here we see Firestorm turning the entire statue of Liberty into solid Kryptonite, a wall into gas, and the floor into a trampoline.

Firestorm isn't afraid to fight dirty and in fact has come up with some pretty gruesome torture methods, such as this:

No Caption Provided

Turning a guy's clothes to barbed wire... by the dialogue, I'd have thought he was a villain if I didn't know better.

Kon-El AKA Superboy

No Caption Provided

"Mischief, I understand. I even ignited a Christmas tree myself. But cold-blooded murder is wrong. I'm going to have to ask you to turn yourself in to the authorities."

"Why are we supposed to care what you want?"

"Because I'm SUPERBOY. That's more than reason enough."

Superboy is a genetic clone of Superman made by Cadmus who broke free of their programming and became a hero. He has fought with and against the Teen Titans, and has met Superman and faced extremely powerful beings such as the Harvester.

Powerset:

• Tactile Telekinesis
  • Superman Powers
    • Super Strength
    • Heat Vision
    • Super Speed
    • Super Hearing
    • Super Sight
    • basically Super everything, lol
  • Solar Energy Absorption
  • TK blasts

Just some scans to get people familiar with his powers if they're unaware...

No Caption Provided

Superboy has some pretty awesome telekinesis... here he uproots a tree and part of the earth.

No Caption Provided

Superboy goes a mile (give or take) in an instant...

This was meant to be a short introduction on Superboy's abilities. I will go fully in depth with his powers throughout the course of this debate, so please don't bash me for not providing enough feats just yet!

Saint Walker

No Caption Provided

"In fearful day, in raging night,

With strong hearts full, our souls ignite.

When all seems lost in the War of Light,

Look to the stars, for hope burns bright!"

To escape a dying sun, Bro'Dee Walker went on a journey of enlightenment to the top a mountain that was said to have a messiah at the top who would lead his people to salvation with his family. Though the dangers became progressively fiercer, and his family members kept dying, Bro'Dee never lost hope and when he reached the top, he found that he was the messiah spoken of. Realizing his capacity for hope, Ganthet and Sayd helped restore his dying people and made him a Blue Lantern, which he remains to this day.

Blue Lanterns have a variety of powers that will be useful here:

Blue Energy Conduit: The rings use Blue energy supplied by a Power Battery, which in most cases takes the form of blue light. The Blue energy of hope has an infallible connection to the universe. Hope is the most powerful of light, and thus the universe speaks through it. A Blue Power ring is one of the most powerful weapons in the universe, and has the ability to affect and use fundamental forces of the universe, including electromagnetic energies such as gravity, radiation, heat, light, and powerful blasts of concussive force. The ring can also create fields of force formed from an unknown energy that was bound by the users' will. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user.

• Blue Energy Blasts: The ring can be used to fire blasts of blue energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. The ring can project beams of force powered by the will of the user. The weapon's power is more an indication of the hope of the user.
  • Force-Field: The ring can create various force-fields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around him. With the cosmic scope of a Blue Lantern's abilities, it is only natural that the power ring is designed for operation in space. The ring creates a force-field around the wearer, protecting him/her/it from the hazards of the void including filtration of stellar radiation and microscopic particulate matter which would ordinarily be fatal should the space debris strike the ring wielder at high speeds. An atmosphere appropriate to the ring wielder's biology is created inside the force-field, body temperature is maintained and waste products are removed. Gravitational stresses which could cause injury are stabilized for the ring wielder. Theoretically, a ring wielder could use the ring as his/her/its sole source of life support.
  • Energy Constructs: The ring can form constructs of blue energy. Unlike a Green Lantern Power Ring, the primary function of the Blue Power Ring will manifest its constructs in response to the target's specific psychosis, with a soothing effect based on that target's hopes. In this way, the ring can remove the corruptible influence of the red flame of rage by infusing hope. Otherwise, the ring is a weapon capable of transforming the wearer's thoughts into physical constructs through the wearer's mastery of hope. A Blue Lantern can create any particular item or construct that they can imagine as long as they have the mastery of hope necessary to conjure it into existence. The constructs are made out of blue energy, which is a tangible form of pure hope, and they exist only as long as a Blue Lantern is fueling it with their hopefulness. Items created by the rings are not indestructible and are only as powerful as the inspired hope of the Blue Lantern creating them. The types of constructs usually reflects the ring wearer's personality.
  • Hope Empowerment: The Blue Lantern ring is unique in that its base of power, Hope, can be drawn from for strength by the ring user. Being in direct range of the emotional aura of a Blue Lantern allows them to charge an outer power reserve; by the sheer hope of the Lantern, its power will remain constant. [3] The empowerment extends to even the stellar reactions of stars, allowing one to reverse the age of a dying star to that of a relatively newborn star. Solely empowered by the hope of the population that relied on it, in turn empowering the Blue Lantern who then collects and uses it for the purpose of transformation. The ability bypasses the need for ring energy expenditure. [4]
  • Fear Depletion: As fear is the belief of imminent demise, hope is the belief of imminent success. As such, Blue Lantern Rings are capable of depleting the energy of Qwardian Power Rings.[5]
  • Avarice Immunity: A blue ring is not vulnerable to the Orange Lantern Corps' favored tactic of draining energy from other Corps' rings. The reason of this is that while Avarice erodes Will, it can't consume Hope, thus rendering Avarice useless against Hope.
  • Rage Removal: If a subject has been infected with the red light of rage, a Blue Power Ring can create a vision of the subject's greatest hope to calm and heal them. In the case of John Stewart, it showed him a vision of being reunited with his dead wife Katma Tui.[4] The process behind the removal is part spiritual and part medical: the infected goes through a cellular cleansing, with the Blue energy serving as an antitoxin to purge red plasma from the body. With a spiritual connection active, the subject's mind is alleviated and blood production is restarted. The end result is the subject being safely released from his or her ring.[5]
  • Flight: By the manipulation of anti-gravitons and directed molecular movement, the ring allows the user to fly at incredible speeds.
  • Wormholes & Spacial Warps: The power ring grants its wearer access to wormholes in space, enabling the ring wielder to rapidly cut time and distance needed for transport. Black holes can be navigated by experienced ring wielders.
  • Limited Cellular Regeneration: This ring has an ability to heal physical injuries. Blue Lanterns can use the ring to repair injuries in themselves or others.
  • Electromagnetic Scanning: The ring has a wide range of detection abilities based on the imagination of the user. If one can conceive of it, they can detect it. Magical effects like clairvoyance, seem to be the most difficult for the ring. All electromagnetic phenomena are within the range of the ring, including radio, television, infrared, ultraviolet, and high frequency band communications.
  • Galactic Encyclopedia: The earlier rings worn by the Corps functioned as references for their users. Having the vast knowledge of the to draw upon, each ring functioned as a ready reference on most peoples, stellar events and conditions that may have been seen by other rings or other Blue Lanterns. The rings also served as a repository of adventures had by the Blue Lantern and these mission reports were stored in the Prime Battery for review and training.

Hal Jordan

No Caption Provided

"In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light!"

Does Hal Jordan really need an intro? He's only the greatest Green Lantern of all time.

Hal was a test pilot for Ferris Air who was selected for service in the Green Lantern Corps. With a ring, he's easily Superman level (higher IMO), and I will show how he will get a ring in my prep.

He's a good guy, but he'll kill if absolutely necessary (see: Krona).

Just a taste of his abilities:

No Caption Provided

And of course, a powerset:

Bright Green Energy Conduit: The rings use pure energy supplied by a Power Battery, which in most cases takes the form of bright green light. This energy is the green light of willpower of the Emotional Electromagnetic Spectrum. Rot Lop Fan, from a race without eyes, perceives it as the sound "F-Sharp" and his 'ring' is actually a bell. A Green Lantern's ring, considered by some to be one of the most powerful weapons in the known universe, has the ability to affect and use fundamental forces of the known universe, including electromagnetic energies such as gravity, radiation, heat, light, and powerful blasts of concussive force. It is also theorized that the ring also has a basis in other dimensional energies commonly called magic by users of such energies. The ring can also create fields of force formed from an unknown energy that is bound by the users' will. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user. Some of the abilities that a Green Lantern Ring has shown are:

• Energy Projection: The ring can be used to fire blasts of Oan energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. The ring can project beams of force powered by the will of the user. The ring can be used to produce kryptonite and kryptonite radiation.[3] Kyle generally used fanciful constructs in the shape of advanced technology. Their appearance does not indicate the power of the weapon. The weapon's power is more an indication of the will of the user. Certain users (i.e. Hal Jordan) have been powerful enough to stagger even Superman. If the user wishes, they can alter the form of the blasts such as Kilowog's "booms."
  • Force Field: The ring can create various force fields of various sizes and shapes to protect the wearer and others around him. With the cosmic scope of a Green Lantern's duties, it is only natural that the power ring is designed for operation in space. The ring creates a force field around the wearer, protecting him/her/it from the hazards of the void including filtration of stellar radiation and microscopic particulate matter which would ordinarily be fatal should the space debris strike the ring wielder at high speeds. An atmosphere appropriate to the ring wielder's biology is created inside the force-field while body temperature is maintained and waste products are removed. Gravitational stresses which could cause injury are stabilized for the ring wielder. Theoretically, a ring wielder could use the ring as his/her/its sole source of life support. The force field seems to be created instantaneously whether this is due to programming or an instinctive reaction from intensive training has not been established. It could be considered as a subroutine of the ring's automatic defensive system, but as of yet this theory has not been proven. The only exception to that was attacks based on the color yellow. The newer version of the ring is not limited by the color yellow.
  • Energy Constructs: The ring can form constructs of Oan energy. The primary function of the Power Ring is to provide a weapon capable of transforming the wearer's thoughts into physical constructs through the wearer's strength of willpower. A Green Lantern can create any particular items or construct that they can imagine as long as they have the willpower necessary to will it into existence. The constructs are made out of bright green energy, which is a tangible form of pure willpower, and they exist only as long as a Green Lantern is fueling it with their willpower. Items created by the rings are not indestructible and are only as powerful as the willpower of the Green Lantern creating them. The types of constructs usually reflects the ring wearer's personality. For example, Kyle Rayner was an artist, so his constructs reflect his strong imagination. John Stewart is an architect so his constructs often appear mechanical as if he designed them in his mind before making them a reality.
  • Phasing: The Power Ring allows the wearer to pass through certain solid objects such as walls. Which objects that are not penetrable are not known, but it may depend upon the strength of the wearer's willpower and the density of the object's molecular structure.
  • Environmental Playback: Upon request, the power ring can recreate a holographic environment based on data in its memory banks. The ring wielder can observe events in a ghostlike state, but the ring wielder cannot alter the outcome of the playback. All objects in the playback will appear in the full spectrum of colors, regardless of the wielder's level of expertise creating simulacra. The power ring will automatically end the playback if outside interference warrants the ring wielder's undivided attention.
  • Invisibility & Light Refraction: A ring wielder can render him/her/itself invisible by willing the ring to bend light waves around his/her/its form, as well as that of the power ring. Presumably, a similar action allows an experienced ring wielder to create objects of colors other than green. As Hal Jordan's experience grew, he was able to create power ring illusions of people and objects. It can be assumed the ring wielder would not risk the extra time and effort to create other colors in a combat situation. An invisibility shield was used by Hal Jordan to hide his power ring, which would only become visible when he changed to Green Lantern.
  • Energy Twin: The power ring allows the wearer to create an "energy twin" of his/her/itself that can travel at far greater speeds than that of the ring wielder's physical form. While the energy twin is active the ring wielder remains motionless, his/her/its life force is needed to guide the energy twin. The energy twin can not alter its surroundings and may only be perceived by the Guardians or another ring wielder as a green, ghostlike image. Any knowledge gained by the energy twin is transferred back to the ring wielder's physical form upon recontact with the body. The Guardians frequently used energy twins as a means of contacting a Green Lantern. As a rule, a ring wielder can not create actual, independent duplicates of him/her/itself, as the power ring cannot create life.
  • Energy Absorption: The ring can absorb and store other energies. Doing so does NOT replenish the normal store of energy the ring has. A ring that needs recharging but contained a store of electricity could only discharge that electricity, for example.
  • Flight: By the manipulation of anti-gravitons and directed molecular movement, the ring allows the user to fly at incredible speeds. In atmosphere, a Green Lantern has been known to fly as fast as Mach 10 in atmosphere by creating an aerodynamic envelope around his body. Towing others, usually within a bubble, his speed is limited to the twice the speed of sound or 1440 mph. In space, Green Lantern's speed can be significantly greater and has been known to approach 99% of light speed in normal space. Flight has been shown to be velocities far exceeding light speed. In atmospheres, air friction is not a hindrance since heat is either absorbed or reflected by the ring's field.
  • Superhuman Strength: While not superstrength of the conventional sense, a Lantern while using constructs created by the ring becomes capable of lifting/moving tremendous weights far heavier than 100 tons with little effort.
  • Wormholes & Spacial Warps: The power ring grants its wearer access to wormholes in space, enabling the ring wielder to rapidly cut time and distance needed for transport. The Guardians established at least one known wormhole to Oa, which required the use of a power ring to enter. Black holes can be navigated by experienced ring wielders. During a battle with Sinestro and his ally, MadGod Sector 3600, members of the Green Lantern Corps of Earth and the Green Lantern Corps of the Klyminade traveled through a black hole to be deposited outside a white hole in Space Sector 872. The power ring cannot generate a Boom Tube as it needs a Mother Box and a sample of the highly unstable X-Element. There is no known way to duplicate either item even with the power ring. Should a Green Lantern make his/her/its way to the other-dimensional worlds of Apokolips or New Genesis through a Boom Tube, the ring will function as it does in the rest of the universe. John Stewart encountered no ring related difficulties during his stay on New Genesis, despite the loss of the Central Power Battery. The ring wielder would still need a Boom Tube to return to his/her/its dimension.
  • Time Travel: Time travel is possible with the power ring, though the further forward in time a ring wielder travels, the more willpower it takes. As Green Lantern, Hal Jordan once explored as far as the 70th century. Jordan had also traveled to the 58th century as Pol Manning, a role later adopted by Salakk of Slyggia.
  • Limited Cellular Regeneration: The ring has an ability to heal physical injuries; this seems to be a feature held over from the previous incarnations of the ring. Green Lantern can use the ring to repair injuries in himself or others. Speculation has been rendered that if Kyle actually had medical knowledge he would be able to cure a wider variety of dysfunctions beyond normal physical injuries.
  • Electromagnetic Scanning: The ring has a wide range of detection abilities based on the imagination of the user. If one can conceive of it, he can probably detect it. Magical effects like clairvoyance seem to be beyond the scope of the ring. Most normal electromagnetic phenomena are within the range of the ring, including radio, radar, television, infrared, ultraviolet, microwave, and high frequency band communications.
  • Galactic Encyclopedia: The earlier rings worn by the Corps functioned as references for their users. Having the vast knowledge of the Book of Oa to draw upon, each ring functioned as a ready reference on most peoples, stellar events and conditions that may have been seen by other rings or other Green Lanterns. The rings also served as a repository of adventures had by the Green Lantern and these mission reports were stored in the Prime Battery on Oa for review and training.
  • Universal Translator: Keeping in mind the myriad of worlds, life forms, and cultures throughout the cosmos, it is understandable why the Guardians added a translation system to the power ring. The power ring can translate virtually any language in the universe, facilitating diplomatic encounters rather than violent confrontations. Complications arise when a frame of reference for translation is not available, as evidenced during Katma Tui's induction of Rot Lop Fan into the Green Lantern Corps. Katma Tui had the difficult assignment of explaining the concepts of "light" and "color" to the sightless Rot Lop Fan. She overcame this barrier by using sound rather than light as the basis of the ring's power. Some Green Lanterns, such as the planet form known as Mogo, have used the ring to create an intermediary "being" to expedite communication. However, this ability seems less effective since the restoration; it is possible that not all the data was recovered.
  • Material Alteration: The Green Lantern's uniform is not made out of fabric. It is created by the Power Ring whenever the wearer wills to wear it. It automatically appears over the wearer's normal clothing, and vanishes when the wearer wills to return to their civilian attire. Most Green Lanterns wear similar uniforms that are programmed into the ring by default such as Hal Jordan's uniform. However, each Green Lantern is able to adjust their uniform to fit their own needs, personalities and whims. For example, Kyle Rayner was unsatisfied with the traditional Green Lantern uniform and created several of his own designs. John Stewart's uniform is similar to Hal Jordan's, but lacks a mask to hide his identity. Jack Chance is the most extreme example, refusing to wear a uniform save for a Lantern badge on his trench coat. The green parts of the wearer's uniform are usually very warm or hot to those who touch it, while the black parts are very cold. The uniform also produces a "siren" taking on the form of the Green Lantern Corps' symbol, circling the Green Lantern when active. The symbol, or badge, will not appear on the uniform until after a newly inducted Lantern has completed training on Oa, leading to the term "White-circle" to describe a rookie Lantern.
  • Ring Duplication: Most Power Rings are capable of automatically duplicating themselves. Each duplicate typically shares the qualities and capabilities of the original ring. While the thought of an unauthorized person getting a hold of a power ring and making duplicates for nefarious purposes, their ability to inflict damage is limited because each duplicate still requires to be recharged by a personal power battery.
  • Emergency Beacon: A Green Lantern in distress can use his/her/its power ring as an emergency beacon. The alert can be directed to a Green Lantern's neighboring sector, or it can be a Corps-wide alert.
  • Homing Beacon: A homing beacon in the power ring can lead one Green Lantern to another. This was one of the recent power ring upgrade features added by the Guardians of the Universe. The power ring can be ordered to disguise itself to elude power ring wielding trackers. Guy Gardner successfully escaped the Green Lantern Corps of Earth by willing the power ring to keep his location a secret. Most often ring wielders will allow the beacon to signal their location to others. The Green Lantern Corps of Earth found the remnants of the Green Lantern Corps of The Klyminade by tracking them through their power rings.
  • Mind Alteration: Though the ethics of mind tampering may be debatable, sometimes it is necessary. As the power ring relies on thought and will to operate, mind tampering is not impossible. The real difficulty lies in properly applying the power. There lies a risk of catastrophic damage to the mind should mistakes be made. A ring wielder can use the power ring to erase portions of an individual's memories. To protect his secret identity as Hal Jordan, Green Lantern created a mental block in the mind of Major Disaster. Green Lanterns have used mind techniques as part of training. New recruits may be subjected to mind scans by other Green Lanterns or the Guardians of the Universe. They are taught to build mental defenses to protect themselves from psionic attack. The power ring can also be used to beam information from the ring wielder to another being. Green Lanterns have used this technique to share information regarding their enemies during combat situations.
  • Pocket Dimension: Within the ring exists the possibility of an entire world. When Green Lantern Abin Sur of Ungara defeated the evil sorcerer Myrwhydden, he reduced the magician to submicroscopic size and imprisoned him inside the power ring within a world created by the Green Lantern's will. This undefined space may be a tesseract or a virtual reality created by the power ring. Whether or not this area exists in all rings has yet to be proven. Years after Abin Sur's death, Myrwhydden's power grew, allowing him to alter his environment and escape to battle the next Green Lantern, Hal Jordan. The power ring's interior appeared as a barren wasteland, dotted with dead trees and sea shells which Myrwhydden used during an escape attempt. A few years ago, Mywhydden was removed from the power ring to be sentenced to an OanSciencell.
  • Security Protocol: The rings can be programmed. They are coded to the wearer to make them unusable if stolen. The ring will refuse to take an action that would kill a being unless they are on Oa or with permission. The Guardiansrecently removed the lethal force prohibition, first to allow lethal force against members of the Sinestro Corps, then against all enemies of the Green Lantern Corps.
  • Preset Conditions: Commands can be stored in the ring to be executed at a later date even if the bearer is not wearing the ring. This ability was demonstrated by Ch'p, who surrendered his ring but ordered it to restrain his enemy after a few moments had passed.

Green Lantern Sinestro

No Caption Provided

If Hal is the number one most skilled Lantern, Sinestro is 1b. Though best known as a villain to the GLC and Hal Jordan, Sinestro's alliances not truly with either side. He simply wants power, and recognizes fear as the easiest way to get it. Though he's better as a Yellow Lanter, he's still an excellent green one with great willpower.

No Caption Provided

He's strong enough to easily take on Hal (though this scan is out of context).

Powerset: with a GL Ring, same as Hal

Kyle Rayner

No Caption Provided

Just look at Hal's description. The same thing applies to Kyle.

Kyle Rayner is no run of the mill Lantern. Originally an American artist, he was chosen by the ring for great willpower, had adventures, blah blah blah.

But the real power Rayner has is the ability to access the entire emotional spectrum.

No Caption Provided

This sets him apart from other GLs, as he can do things such as access the violet light of compassion to incapacitate enemies.

Forget all of the White Lantern stuff. I can win without it.

Last but not least, he's a total boss

No Caption Provided

Regarding the Oculus...

That Mentor was Nagi Luna who is not on your team. You only get to use it at the level of the user which was Sphinx. What person on your team has telepathic feats on Nagi Luna's level? Desaad does not.

Nagi Luna literally has 0 feats. She possessed some fodder, that's it. And besides, it wasn't the extent of her telepathy that allowed the Sphinx to maintain his hold on reality - it was the fact that she possessed the power. All the Sphinx needed was a reminder of who he was so that the Oculus wouldn't drive him mad, and when Kendra used the Oculus, she needed the Fairy Queen in her head to remind her of the same.

And I have no shortage of guys in Firestorm's head, talking to him. Firestorm won't go insane.

Magic Illusions are not the same as technological illusions. Just because it beat a magic illusion does not mean it can beat a technological illusion. Magic Illusions are made out of magic energy which can be detected by magic items but the illusions that Mirror Master packs are made out of light. How does the Oculus filter real light from the light that makes up Mirror Master's holograms? For instance, Stephen Strange and Scarlet Witch invoked an elder god and were both completely useless against the technology that the Skrulls were using to hide from them. The Eye should have pierced the illusion with no problem but because the illusion was technology-based, their power was useless. This is why it took Reed Richard's Science to beat it. What showings does the Oculus have against technological illusions?

I fail to see how you can use the feats of the Skrulls as your own. The Oculus has been clearly defined as the ability to see anything for what it really is, by the author himself and it's never failed. It's been described as the most powerful of 5 items; the other four grant absolute time control, absolute space control, immortality, and a device that gives the ability to heal from absolutely any injury, no matter how severe.

Mirror Master's illusions would need some pretty high end feats to contend with that.

Furthermore, the Oculus is a shiny crystal, right? How does one use it? Look into it? Because if that is the case then Osborn can just blind it! Just so you know, Mirror World reaches into every dimension so I can see you just as easily as you can see me.

No. One puts his hand or any other patch of skin on it, and it temporarily replaces the eyes as the user's organ of sight.

Prep

Hour

I have one hour of prep for Hal Jordan, Kyle Rayner, and Firestorm. Firestorm qualifies because Jason Rusch (who I have) was technically the successor of Ronnie/Stein, who I also have.

Anyway, considering that your full knowledge does not start until 15 minutes before, FS can easily use the Oculus to find Osborn. We'll know exactly what we're up against after also using the Oculus to read the files of the Watchtower / Tony Stark's personal files and SHIELD's files on your equipment and Osborn. If it's written down somewhere, we can access it.

Essentially this gives us full knowledge on your guy. We also realize that since you are one man, you would have no defense to the Oculus driving you insane if it were to be forced into your hands.

Lastly, we have Megara (one of the elements of the Matrix) build the device he used to take control of Firestorm in the New 52. Any materials that he needs will be supplied using matter manipulation, and our two lanterns can fetch anything that Firestorm doesn't know how to make using wormholes.

15 Minutes

Here, Superboy is going to use Megara's device to make himself the driver of the Firestorm Matrix. Every other member of my team will be absorbed into it, and Superboy is going to wear a Green Lantern Ring and Saint Walker's Blue Lantern Ring.

Now, the Oculus will be taken into the Matrix as well, and it will be wielded by Jason Rusch. Rusch will maintain his telepathic connection to the elements of the Matrix, so everything that he sees, Superboy will see as well.

Then for the rest of the time, we will use the telepathy of DeSaad and Pre-Crisis Hal Jordan to completely mind link us all and have Superboy learn how to use all of Firestorm's powers.

Superboy will also go get a non-shiny mechanical eye from somewhere. He has the Oculus, and he has the ability to make wormholes and he has Gehenna's teleportation. He will transmute his own eyes into said mechanical eye.

Kon will then use GL's wormhole abilities to sundip in a blue sun.

Battle

It's quite simple, really. Superboy will use Firestorm/Gehenna's teleportation to go to the Mirror Universe and get as close to Osborn as possible. Then with the speed of a sundipped Kryptonian, plus a Green Lantern Ring, plus a Blue Lantern Ring, Superboy will touch the Oculus to your skin and watch as you are driven insane.

I apologize for lacking depth, but I have very little time. Your move, Dedman.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007:

The Oculus

Considering that no one inside the Matrix has telepathically taken control of someone else, it does put Nagi above them. The Fairy Queen and Kendra are both Fairykind and share a bond beyond just mere telepathy. The Fairy Queen is constantly aware of every thing that fairies are aware of, she has experience with enhanced awareness. Again, none of your Matrix guys have that experience. You only have Sphinx's abilities not Nagi's abilities.

When did I use the Skrulls as my own? It was an example of high level magic being unable to touch technological illusions. You are seeing the world for what it is. My illusions are made out of light which is natural unlike magical illusions which are made out of supernatural energy. How is the Oculus filtering the light allowing you to see and the light forming the hologram? They are the same thing. The Oculus can't switch to different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum so it has no means of determining the difference between the light reflecting off the water and the light reflecting off my holograms. My illusions are real, magic illusions are not.

So skin contact? Good to know. But it is still shiny? Cool! I'll be taking that during prep.

Prep

By the time your 1 hour of prep starts, I have had 2 hours. All of my gear is now incorporated into the Bleeding Edge Armor and is no longer visible except maybe the Lasso. You can't see any of Norman's gear or his face by this time. All you see is the Armor and Lasso, everything else is enclosed in armor. Your team's complete lack of Marvel knowledge means you have basically nothing to go off of to find information.

You realize that all the files that you would be reading are digitized, right? You'd have to be there to physically access them. Just snooping would get you nowhere. It isn't like there are hard copies of all these files. Remember, Iron Man took the entire Shield Database with him when Osborn came after him. Basically, the only knowledge available to your team would be in a computer you can't touch or the brain of someone. Either way, you can't access it.

So basically, you have no idea who you are dealing with, no idea what he has got beyond the Armor and Lasso, and no means of figuring this out.

Who says I don't have a defense against the Oculus? You realize that Bleeding Edge is built into Osborn, right? The Armor and Osborn are one which means that Jarvis is always in his head as well as the Orange Lantern Ring AI and Cyttorak. Lastly, I have the Lasso of Truth, the Lasso forces you to be your true self rendering you immune to mind control and the insanity effects of the Oculus. All of these things allow me to shrug off the Oculus. Since Osborn has full knowledge, he'll know it is coming.

You realize that once Superboy enters the Matrix all his powers and abilities are subsumed. He no longer has Kryptonian Powers which means he no longer has Kryptonian Speed and Blue Suns do nothing. Just because you are in the driver's seat it does not mean that it is your body.

Thanks for the Mechanical Eye too! Extremis will hack that in seconds giving Osborn control over your sight. There is no means of sight that you can use that Osborn can't take from you.

You can't get to Mirror World via teleportation or wormholes. It can only be reached by reflection.

Conclusion

You have no real idea who you are dealing with while Osborn has every bit of knowledge.

You can't touch Osborn in Mirrorworld.

Lasso > Oculus.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007:

The Oculus

Considering that no one inside the Matrix has telepathically taken control of someone else, it does put Nagi above them. The Fairy Queen and Kendra are both Fairykind and share a bond beyond just mere telepathy. The Fairy Queen is constantly aware of every thing that fairies are aware of, she has experience with enhanced awareness. Again, none of your Matrix guys have that experience. You only have Sphinx's abilities not Nagi's abilities.

To the contrary, all elements of the Matrix share a connection.... for example, Martin Stein and Ronnie Raymond were always able to sense any trouble the other was facing, and they could merge from anywhere.

Look, how much telepathy doesn't matter with the Oculus. As soon as Nagi/the Fairy Queen spoke in Sphinx's/Kendra's head, they were snapped out of the trance. Ergo, if an element of the Matrix speaks to them, then it will break them out.

When did I use the Skrulls as my own? It was an example of high level magic being unable to touch technological illusions. You are seeing the world for what it is. My illusions are made out of light which is natural unlike magical illusions which are made out of supernatural energy. How is the Oculus filtering the light allowing you to see and the light forming the hologram? They are the same thing. The Oculus can't switch to different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum so it has no means of determining the difference between the light reflecting off the water and the light reflecting off my holograms. My illusions are real, magic illusions are not.

Okay, the Oculus can't, but guess what? Firestorm can. He is able to access different electromagnetic and dimensional spectrums that he can use here.

So skin contact? Good to know. But it is still shiny? Cool! I'll be taking that during prep.

I've never read anything that says it's shiny.

Prep

By the time your 1 hour of prep starts, I have had 2 hours. All of my gear is now incorporated into the Bleeding Edge Armor and is no longer visible except maybe the Lasso. You can't see any of Norman's gear or his face by this time. All you see is the Armor and Lasso, everything else is enclosed in armor. Your team's complete lack of Marvel knowledge means you have basically nothing to go off of to find information.

You're mistaking how the Oculus works. I see everything from every angle; I can see through things if I'd like - Kendra used it to see what was inside a package, for example.

You realize that all the files that you would be reading are digitized, right? You'd have to be there to physically access them. Just snooping would get you nowhere. It isn't like there are hard copies of all these files. Remember, Iron Man took the entire Shield Database with him when Osborn came after him. Basically, the only knowledge available to your team would be in a computer you can't touch or the brain of someone. Either way, you can't access it.

Even if there's nothing that anyone ever wrote down physically about your files, we have access to the Ultraverse, meaning we can also access the REAL WORLD, and read biographies of the character and items.

Who says I don't have a defense against the Oculus? You realize that Bleeding Edge is built into Osborn, right? The Armor and Osborn are one which means that Jarvis is always in his head as well as the Orange Lantern Ring AI and Cyttorak. Lastly, I have the Lasso of Truth, the Lasso forces you to be your true self rendering you immune to mind control and the insanity effects of the Oculus. All of these things allow me to shrug off the Oculus. Since Osborn has full knowledge, he'll know it is coming.

Cyttorak shouldn't matter that much; Juggernaut is affected by TP all the time with his helmet off. Orange Lantern AI and JARVIS would have to remind you of who you are, speak with emotion, something they can't do.

Wonder Woman has also been affected by telepathy lots of times. So the Lasso is inconsequential.

You realize that once Superboy enters the Matrix all his powers and abilities are subsumed. He no longer has Kryptonian Powers which means he no longer has Kryptonian Speed and Blue Suns do nothing. Just because you are in the driver's seat it does not mean that it is your body.

Evidence?

Thanks for the Mechanical Eye too! Extremis will hack that in seconds giving Osborn control over your sight. There is no means of sight that you can use that Osborn can't take from you.

Except the Oculus, that is.

You can't get to Mirror World via teleportation or wormholes. It can only be reached by reflection.

I haven't read much Flash but in Injustice Raven was able to access the Mirror World with teleportation. So I want proof that in the canon verse, it is inaccessible without Mirror Master's gear.

Conclusion

You have no real idea who you are dealing with while Osborn has every bit of knowledge.

We have access to everything ever written.

You can't touch Osborn in Mirrorworld.

Except through teleportation

Lasso > Oculus.

No feats provided.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007:

The Oculus

I am going to need to see the feats of Nagi/Fairy Queen helping Sphinx/Kendra use the Oculus. You say one thing but as you are the only source of real information about it, I need to examine the source.

You just said that the Oculus replaces your sight, what Firestorm can see doesn't matter.

This is the Oculus as it appears on the wiki:

No Caption Provided

Prep

Inside a Package and inside a person are two different things. There is no angle you could achieve that would allow you to see his entire face within the armor.

No Caption Provided

Likewise, all of my other items will be just as integrated. Who on your team can determine the difference between a Iron Man Armor and Cold Gun Tech? No one on your team is smart enough to really be able to dissect what they are seeing.

No one here is from the Ultraverse so you can't access it. Also 4th Wall Breaching Powers are PIS and not allowed in battle. You are not helping your cause by using such an argument here. There are no written documents that will give you anything beyond basic knowledge of my people form like newspaper clippings. You have only basic knowledge while I have full knowledge.

That assumes that Cyttorak hasn't been warned ahead of time of the Oculus which he has since I have full knowledge. The Orange Lantern AI can ONLY speak with Emotion as it is completely Greed based. It will remind Osborn of his Greed and how it consumes him like it does for Larfleeze EVERY SECOND OF EVERY DAY. JARVIS can be programmed to counter it ahead of time again thanks to Full Knowledge.

Did you just dismiss the Lasso as inconsequential? There is a big reason why I refer to it as my most powerful item in a list including Orange Lantern Ring, Crimson Gem of Cyttorak, and Mirror Master's Gear. You can't mind control anything or anyone who is bound by the Lasso unless you are the person holding it. So as long as Osborn is bound by it and hold it with his Juggernaut Strength, he is immune to all forms of mind control. Any attempts at defeating the Power of the Lasso will actually BREAK REALITY! This has happened once during the JLA Golden Perfect Arc. When a lie was cast inside the Lasso, it broke the concept of truth. As the biggest liar here, Osborn would become a God! So feel free to make the argument that the Oculus > the Lasso, but just realize that it makes Osborn even stronger.

Burden of proof is on you to provide evidence that powered individuals inside the Matrix can use their powers when in the Driver seat. I don't have to prove a negative, you have to prove a positive.

Injustice Raven possessed Mirror Master and piggybacked inside of him. She did not breach Mirrorworld, she breached Mirror Master. You also have neither Injustice Raven on your team nor any magic users at all so it doesn't matter. If it were possible to breach Mirror World without Mirror Tech then why would Flash not use that? Iron Heights is the Prison that all his Rogues go to and it has mirrors in every cell because the Rogues' lawyers petitioned for them. This allows the Rogues to instantly break out. If anyone in the Justice League, which includes several teleporters, could breach it, don't you think that the Flash would have asked? Either the Flash is literally the DUMBEST hero ever or it can't be done. Keep in mind that the Injustice Universe is also not canon so what it suggests is immaterial.

Conclusion

Written Knowledge is limited, Full Knowledge is not.

You have yet to prove that any canon version of Mirror World has been pierced.

The Lasso is literally made out of Truth, breaking it makes Osborn unstoppable.

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spinnercomix: I'm going to drop. This debate hasn't been particularly fun, and I have a lot of outside work and other CaVs anyway. Even if I win (and I'm not sure I can), I'll (probably) be facing FirestormFate, who I HATE debating against, and if I were to beat him as well, I'd likely be going against DarkRaiden, who I also dislike debating against.

@dedmanwalkin: good luck with future rounds.

SpinnerComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Well... ok then. Sorry, you didn't have any fun.

Thanks for coming, anyway!

No, don't worry about it! My debate against beatboks1 was the most entertaining debate I've ever had.

You are very welcome; call me when you re-run the tourney!

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007: Sorry, that this debate was not fun. Was it just the setup or am I not fun to debate against?

If you decide to come back I am cool with that.

Anyways, I'll make sure to take down DarkRaiden and FF19 for you. :)

TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin:

Sorry, that this debate was not fun. Was it just the setup or am I not fun to debate against?

I don't know, I've had a long week and I have exams and such. I think the debate was just tedious - I come to CV as an outlet from work, so I don't want to dig through five 400 page books (the Fablehaven series) for quotes and feats... lol.

If you decide to come back I am cool with that.

Nah, you can have it

Anyways, I'll make sure to take down DarkRaiden and FF19 for you. :)

Debating FF1919 is a pain. He might have as much text in one bullet point as some people might have in their entire post. If you want a taste...

www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/semifinals-tnbb-brightest-day-vs-ff1919-jsa-voting-1649673/

Good luck!

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thenewbluebeetle007:

I can certainly understand that, sometimes I just don't want to make a post in a debate. It was great when CV was so messed up because it wouldn't tell me my opponent had posted for several days.

I don't care about length, I always attempt to pare down my posts to their essentials so as not overwhelm people.

Good luck with your tourney!