Strongest Pagan Gods Strongest version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By kingkronos

@rpgr: You lack understanding in greek mythology obviously.

Greek mythology>all others. I know mythologies pretty well. I know hindu very well. Brahman is the supreme being beyond time and reality. The three eyes of god Brahma the creator Shiva the destroyer and Vunshu(I think) the protector. So don't tell me that I don't know it, because I have a different point of you. Greek mythology explains existence very well. There are many many different scriptures on how the universe was created. And calling them weak deities clearly shows how you know nothing about them. Actually, did you know that all the titans came to existence before time was even created? I guess, you don't. Yes they were very powerful, more powerful than hindu gods. So don't tell me your nonsense, you clearly don't know greek mythology.

And what the heck with this whole "nature" thing, you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Putting Kronos on a solar system level, eh? Well that is enough for me to know how well educated you are in mythologies. How can you base a god on a solar system level?? Kronos was the ruler of the universe and had absolute control over everything and beyond. So try again

Also, you called the egyptian gods weak....... which is very wrong, they were very powerful, and on the level of the hindu gods.

Blacktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Blacktimus

Azathoth, Corellon Larethian.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Jayfournines

Aztec Myth FTW!

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By rpgr

@kingkronos: Lol, you really are -_-.

Yeah Greek gods are solar system level at most because guess what? To them everything revolved around the Earth, if Earth is the centerpoint, how powerful is that? At least the Aztec got it the other way, for that alone Aztec > Greeks

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By kingkronos

@rpgr: Yeah I mean they are solar system level....... Except that Hera created the milky way without even noticing....

Yeah, the earth was important in greek mythology since Gaia actually created everything.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#156  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

The pepole that keep saying Odin ate total idiots, stop letting comic books corrupt your judgement 

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By kingkronos

@rpgr: You really are ridiculous. Do you judge the strength of mythologies on how they saw the world? Yeah...........clearly you know about mythologies.

I guess now is the time where you tell me you sudied it all in college, right?

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By rpgr

@kingkronos: Why bother? Did it as a kid in the library. Was fun then then. In any case being right > being wrong.

Gaia created everything which was Earth..... and everything is subservient to Earth....

Screw this. You are wrong but since you refuse to acknowledge it there's no point in replying any further.

Flying Spaghetti monster > all

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By kingkronos

@rpgr: Gaia created the cosmos/sky Ouranos. Go read the damn mythology. YOU DON'Y KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

You put a god damn universal ruler solar system level. Well, guess what? Mythology isn't comics, there is no solar system, planet levels.

Kronos was a universal ruler and beyond that. Ceous' powers extended beyond the universe, since he was the embodiment of the imaginary axis through which heavens revolves through, Oceanus had full control over the heavenly bodies: the sun the moon the stars and the dawn, he insured the neverending flow of time. All the titans were considered gods of time being the personifications of the 12 months, all had control over the sky and earth who were their literal parents. Honestly should I continue here? And all these titans aren't on Kronos' level.

Yep, thats right don't reply because you know that I'm right and you're wrong. So instead of saying "Lol, you really are -_-" and coming up with irrelevant arguments, try and prove me wrong.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#160  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Azathoth curbstomp 

Blacktimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Blacktimus

@Blacktimus said:

Azathoth, Corellon Larethian.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spiderbat87: Azathoth wat can he do?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#163  Edited By ShootingNova

@rpgr: You are partially correct. The first two mythologies you stated are indeed amongst the most powerful, but Egyptian Mythology is also up there...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Minor? So? Still injury? It was stated that initially, Zeus' thunderbolt failed to harm Typhon, so.....

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By rpgr

Being right > being wrong. KC is just pulling things out of thin air now. Old greeks got it wrong. They are only solar system level. If you haven't seen why, you're ignorant. Each of the main Greek gods are tied to a planet. The most powerful ones are only planetary. The old greeks got it wrong leaving their gods weak. The reason why Egyptian isn't higher up is because it is near a dead religion. For rules in religion fights, the geek authority are the SMT guys. These are guys that have PHDs in mythology and demonology. They make games based upon comparing patheons and cultural impact and their lists change regluarly. Also, even Zeus is subject to the Moiree sisters. Read up on their thesis and their explaination. The most powerful ones are the ones with the greatest cultural impact. Rank can change depending on cultural impact but cultural impact is king.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By kingkronos

@rpgr: Yeah keep talking about something you don't know about. The ROMAN gods were named after planets not greeks. And even though, that makes them planetary level?? You're an idiot. I sorry to say this, but you are, you are taking that literally, eh? Solar system, level? Get the hell outta here, half of the titans held up the cosmos, they have full control over the sky and earth and time and reality, so stop with your nonsense man. And Kronos is above them all. And Zeus defeated him. Kronos defeated the personification of the sky/cosmos and you put him solar system level. You just don't know what you're talking about. And egyptian mythology is powerful, stop pretending like you know all this, because obviously you don't.

Ow, and nice try btw:

THE MOIRAI (or Moirae) were the goddesses of fate who personified the inescapable destiny of man. They assinged to every person his or her fate or share in the scheme of things. Their name means "Parts." "Shares" or "Alottted Portions." Zeus Moiragetes, the god of fate, was their leader,.

Zeus was titled Moiregetos (Leader of the Fates), and the three goddesses sat in attendance of his throne.

Hesiod, Theogony 901

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: You have it backwards. The planets were named after the Roman gods.

@rpgr: Honestly, Egyptian Mythology being weak? It are one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful mythology.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Freefa11

@kingkronos said:

@greenteaforme: And you forgot all about the sentence I posted above: To the Greeks a god was omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient.

All gods were nearly omnipotent and omniscient. It was stated by Hesoid himself: "Prometheus was a lowly challenger to Zeus' omniscience and omnipotence".

Which poem and line is this statement from? Which translation?

And who said anything about Zeus being omnipotent before. He became omnipotent when he defeated his father Kronos.

If that were the case, he could not have been threatened at all by Typhoeus. And while Zeus obviously didn't come fully into his own until his father was fully deposed, I am doubtful there is much real evidence of him being considered to have gained true omnipotence at that point. He was stated by Homer to be stronger than all the other Olympians combined, but that does not mean he was omnipotent as the term is generally used today.

And maybe I can agree with you there, that not all gods were completely omnipotent. But I have to say that the titans are all omnipotent. They did whatever they pleased, and presided over everything, each titan had control over the sky and earth, which where their parents btw. But the full control over everything was in Kronos' hands. Don't you agree?

You seem to throw around the term "omnipotent" quite casually without really understanding what it means. An omnipotent being cannot be threatened, harmed, or defeated. Obviously Kronos was not omnipotent, or he never would have been deposed. The same holds for Ouranos. If any of the other titans were omnipotent, it would mean they were infinitely more powerful than either Ouranos or Kronos, which seems patently false.

Also:

Very few of them were omnipotent like Kronos, Zeus, Gaia, Ouranos. But they weren't omnipotent all at the same time.

How can Gaia and Ouranos be omnipotent if every Titan has full control of the sky and the earth? How do omnipotent beings lose their omnipotence? Especially to non-omnipotent beings?

I for one am doubtful Zeus measures up to the Hindu triad. Indra, the King of the Gods and god of lightning, is very much the Hindu counterpart of Zeus, but he was practically a germ compared to Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu.

@kingkronos said:

@rpgr: Yeah keep talking about something you don't know about. The ROMAN gods were named after planets not greeks. And even though, that makes them planetary level?? You're an idiot. I sorry to say this, but you are, you are taking that literally, eh?

Um, you're taking Hera's creation of the "Milky Way" literally. You take Typhoeus reaching to the constellations literally. You take pretty much aspect of the Greek myths literally to the most exaggerated degree you possibly can. The logic is flawed anyway. Hera did not create the actual milky way, she created the mythological milky way, which was based on what the ancients believed it to be, not what we believe it to be nowadays. The constellations in Greek mythology are mythological constellations based on what the ancients believed them to be, not real-life constellations. The world presented in Greek mythology is not the real world, it is a mythological world that's only based on the real world, but heavily modified by what the ancients only believed to be true (or simply found entertaining).

@VercingetorixTheGreat: Azathoth isn't actually a pagan god, it's from H.P. Lovecraft.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By kingkronos

@Freefa11: Prometheus as a lowly challenger to Zeus' omniscience and omnipotence You can check that all. It was stated by Hesoid or Homer.

The first point to be noticed, in regard to his religious views, is the sublime conception of Zeus as the supreme ruler of the universe. The other deities are represented as merely the ministers of his will, and though still possessing their usual characteristics, stand in subordinate rank. The language applied to Zeus is monotheistic in tone, and his praises are chanted in strains of the loftiest exaltation. He is "king of kings, most blessed of the blessed, most mighty of rulers." His power "knows no superior, nor is any one enthroned above him; swifter than speech is the accomplishment of his purpose." He "holds for ever the balance of the scales: nothing comes to mortal man but by the will of Zeus." "Zeus is sky, and earth, and heaven; Zeus is all things, yea, greater than all things." His power, though invisible, is omnipotent and omnipresent. "Dark and shadowy," it is said, "are the pathways of his counsels, and difficult to see. From their high-towering hopes he hurleth down to destruction the race of men. Yet setteth he no forces in array, all his works are effortless. Seated on holiest throne, from thence, unknown to us, he bringeth his will to pass." http://www.theatredatabase.com/ancient/aeschylus_008.html

Some storytellers depicted Zeus, the Supreme Ruler of the universe, as the all-knowing and all-powerful ruler of all things. But with his power also came many responsibilities:

• Zeus handed down the laws that governed the behavior of mortals and immortals alike and made sure they were obeyed.
  • In addition to upholding the laws, Zeus enforced any oaths sworn—by either mortals or immortals—upon the gods.
  • Zeus pronounced certain oracles, for, like many of the gods, Zeus often knew what the future held.
  • As ruler of the heavens, Zeus imposed order on the universe. He placed all the planets and the stars in the sky.
  • He also commanded meteorological phenomena. It was he who sent the rains that fertilized the earth and made it productive. He also commanded the thunderstorm, wielding thunder and lightning as his most potent weapons.

Read more: Classical Mythology: Master of the Universe — Infoplease.comhttp://www.infoplease.com/cig/mythology/master-universe.html#ixzz1yVgydOd4

Yep, every titan had control over the sky and earth, seeing as they were the rulers of the universe and they were their literal parents. All the titans were the personifications of the 12 months, they were all gods of time.

Indra is nowhere near Zeus. Trust me I know Indra the rain god that holds a lightning bolt. He isn't even close. Zeus was the SUPREME ruler of the universe, meaning he was practically God.

I know greek terminology very well, and their world. But it doesn't change the feats. Doesn't matter anyway.........

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: WTF? Indra shot lightning bolts instead of arrows and rode in a sun chariot. He released the heavenly waters, so in a way, he created water. But he isn't without challenge. Zeus has still had his sinews ripped out.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: Um, Helios had his sun chariot. Zeus flooded the world three times with a whim. So yep, he is not on Zeus' level. Was he the supreme ruler of all existence? No. The three gods were: Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. Or sometimes Brahman. So he isn't on Zeus' level.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Just because he isn't of Zeus' rank does not mean he cannot posses such power. Kali can. And, Sobek, a minor god, flooded the entire world by expanding the Nile. Zeus had to bring storms in and create a lot more water, so even Sobek's feat was better.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: What?? Do you know how simple was flooding the world for Zeus?? He gathered the clounds in a second and flooded the world. As simple as it gets. And that is far from his best feats, and you know that. He can level up the heavens and shake the very foundations of the universe, the titanomachy also nearly destroyed the universe as a side effect. Com'on man, I told you this.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Sobek did so just as easily. Stop with the things that aren't even relevant to my post.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: Ok, so it doesn't get easier. And also, I you denying the other feats, what you call irrelevant, and why is that? I know why, because they are beyind anything that indra did, right?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: I am talking about Sobek's feat of flooding the world being superior to Zeus'. Indra has nothing to do with this.

Titanomachy was an entire war, why are you bringing this on a single god? Who is minor also.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: How is his feat more superior? Tell me.

Yes titanomachy was an entire war and they destroyed the universe as a side effect, they described it as: The sky and the earth met in a mighty clash. And Zeus wasn't a minor god. What the hell man, really? And I don't want to start what happened in the end, you do remember Chaos, right? Zeus ceized him.

And Zeus and typheous also nearly destroyed the universe, and even tartaros was affected, a different dimension. Zeus can level up the sky with his thunderbolts and he can shake the universe with his thunderbolts. Does Indra have something on this?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Your post is full of ignorance and recklessness. I already told you that this is about SOBEK, not INDRA, and you still talk about the latter.

Why Sobek's feat is more impressive? Zeus required storms and such to get more and more water in order to flood the earth. Sobek simply joined all the waters in the world and expanded the Nile to flood the earth. He did not need heaps of additional water. That is why it is superior.

Did I say Zeus was a minor god? You need to read properly. I said a minor god replicated Zeus' feat, but more easily.

Titanomachy is an entire war, and you expect a single minor god to be able to replicate the side effects of an entire war between numerous major gods. Very fair. Why not compare it to Ragnarok, which destroyed the universe and a new one was born from the ashes (in some myths)?

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: WTF? Dude, Zeus flooded the world in a second, he gathered the clouds with a whim, and from the sky flooded the god damn world. Now, tell me which feat is more impressive. Also, lets just forget about that feat, this is nothing to him NOTHING

I'm not considering that Zeus did all the damage, but he certainly did. And it really doesn't even matter since he can do that with a whim, in his battle with typhon.

And really, Ragnarok was the destruction of the nine worlds. And none of the gods even survived, while the greeks did it as a side effect, see the difference?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: You have some incorrect information, my friend. Sobek simply joined all the waters and expanded the Nile to flood the earth in a blink of an eye, while Zeus required heaps more additional water. Now I tell you Sobek's is more impressive.

Ragnarok was the destruction of the nine worlds that was the universe. So.....

WTF? None of the gods survived? OMG I already told you, Freyja, Frigga, Vidar and some others survived.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: How is flooding the world from the seas more impressive than flooding it from the sky? Doesn't even matter like I said before since it is nothing to someone like Zeus. It's nothing, he flooded the world three times and recreated mankind three times. And that isn't impressive at all, considering what he has done.

I must ask: Are the nine worlds infinite?

And the important gods all got killed like Odin and so.......

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: So when you are defeated on a point/proved wrong, instead of admitting defeat you try to twist things? That's very courteous of you. You said that NONE of the gods survived, and I just proved you wrong. Freyja/Frigga/Vidar do bear importance anyways. Freyja was the one most related to the golden apples, which was the source of immortality for the Norse. She created love and her necklace, Brisingarmen, could exchange the souls/hearts/minds of two others. Frigga was the wife of Odin and she prepared many things, could briefly see into the future and such and such. Vidar avenged Odin by breaking Fenrir's jaw and killing him. He was also one of the prime warriors of Asgard.

In some myths, yes, they are. They aren't planets like we think the are, but different parts of the endless universe.

Because Sobek did not require additional water, unlike Zeus. Zeus was also the God of Storms, while Sobek was only the God of the Nile, yet joined all the other waters. I know Zeus can do better, and he would slaughter Sobek in a fight, but in this feat, Sobek has demonstrated it more impressively. Granted he was also a minor god while Zeus was the most major.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova: Okay, you proved your point, but where did I ever twist the question. And please stop with this Zeus needed additional water thing. If he wanted he could've flooded it with water from the seas. An easy task. But he actually created water, and from where? From the god damn sky. Not from the earth. Zeus was god of the sky, weather, fate, justice, law ,order, thunder, lightning. And the list goes on.....

And who did actually create the Ragnarok, who destroyed the universe?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: You twisted it by saying that important gods were slain when the whole point of it was that: Not all the Gods were slain. That's when you twisted it.

So? Sobek is only the god of the Nile. Give him some credit.

Nobody created Ragnarok, it came by itself. By its own will, and nobody could create a true Ragnarok. This is stated in the Voluspa saga.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: You twisted it by saying that important gods were slain when the whole point of it was that: Not all the Gods were slain. That's when you twisted it.

So? Sobek is only the god of the Nile. Give him some credit.

Nobody created Ragnarok, it came by itself. By its own will, and nobody could create a true Ragnarok. This is stated in the Voluspa saga.

Point taken.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos: Thank you.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#187  Edited By RazzaTazz
@kingkronos: Keep the discussion civil please.  
beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#188  Edited By beatboks1

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova said:

@justleader:

Ra: Created the universe, defeated chaos numerous times, given light and warmth to the underworld with his mere presence, healed the heavens and the universe an innumerable number of times.

No. Actually Atum was the creator in the first place. Ra never healed the universe. Ofcourse he gave warmth and light, he is the SUN. And heavens isn't the universe, perhaps he healed the heavens but not the universe.

Ra was the "creator", the wellspring from which everything else came. Ra was the god of Sun, Sky Heaven, Earth and afterlife. In Egyptian law the Sun is the symbol of birth and energy, nothing (including the universe, time, gods etc) could be "born" without the power of the sun. Ra also merged with Amon to be the god of God's , who all other gods worshiped and drew power from. Atum was the "finisher" of creation. He returned the world to a watery chaotic state at the end of creation. he didn't have the power to create and he would not have existed without Ra. In Egyptian myth Ra is like the amalgamation of Chronos and Zeus.

You are aware that Egyptologists have found many contrary myths about many of the Egyptian gods. The general consensus now being that they were all different aspects of the same belief.

You talk about haw great the Greek god's are in myth in a few threads. Yet almost all the Greek god's in myth have been able to be challenged by much lower beings. Hercules a godling who is only half god has bested many in his challenges. Jason and his Argonauts, Perseus also made many a mythical creature (even those commanded by god's like Poseiden and other higher gods) look insignificant. Unlike his half brother Hercules he didn't even have any power.

All these belief systems have these beings as creator's god's the forces of nature etc. The cultures become like the publishers of Current comics. As far as all are concerned the "father" of the pantheons is omnipotent so just like in comics we have to base the differences on the feats. If a "god" has defeated god's with better showings that makes them superior to one that hasn't. Unless you can point out a Greek pantheon member who has brought about the destruction of everthing, that has then been reversed you can't prove one superior to a pantheon where such a feat has occurred.

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos:

Proof Zeus can simply obliterate or heal the universe at will. You have stated many things that are just beyond what really happened. Kronos was not the ruler of everything.

OK time for a reality check here. NONE of this REALLY happened. It's called Myth, look at definitions 3 and 4. They call it FICTION.

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Am I the only one who finds these type of threads in bad taste?

Not to mention completely ans utterly pointless and highly subjective.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By kingkronos

@beatboks1: No, Ra wasn't the amalgamation of Zeus and Kronos at all. Each ruled the universe just like Ra and beyond. The titans were much powerful they had control over the sky and earth.

What you're saying is that typhoeus is a low being, Kronos is a low being, right? Typheous was actually going to create the eight'th heavens, a new universe. Kronos had omnipotent power. Some titans were beyond reality, like Ceous, he was a titan of the imaginary axis that existed beyond reality. And please Perseus and other fight medusa and nemian lion, don't try to twist this in any way. In fact, Zeus actually kept alive many creatures to test his children. Also hercules fought against the gigantes children of Gaia who were taller than the clouds and were indestructible on earth.........

And there was the Orphic myth, where Zeus acrtually swallowed the creator god Phanes, then he created all the universe in his belly, the earth, the heavens, the seas, everything. All the gods grew in his belly. He became one with the universe and beyond that. So yes, there are myths were Zeus is the creator and beyond creation and time and reality.

And titanomachy damaged the sky/cosmos. Atlas was holding it. Typhoeus' battle shook the universe. Zeus leveled up the heavens with his thunderbolt. etc........

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By xan84

In my oppinion Zeus is cooler and so he wins the popularity contest that is going on in this topic!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By ShootingNova

@beatboks1: What I said was that KingKronos was constantly talking about things that were beyond what the gods actually did. I am well aware they are myths, thank you very much, and I studied numerous ones for many years.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By kingkronos

@ShootingNova said:

@beatboks1: What I said was that KingKronos was constantly talking about things that were beyond what the gods actually did. I am well aware they are myths, thank you very much, and I studied numerous ones for many years.

I said only facts, nothing more. Tell me what I said that was wrong, and I'll prove it to you.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By ShootingNova

Honestly? They were so long ago I forgot them from mind. I'll check again. They were that Zeus is "omnipotent" and Kronos was too.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By ShootingNova

@kingkronos said:

Zeus and Kronos.

I would probably say that Gaia and Oranos are on their level.

Lord_Brahman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Lord_Brahman

Brahman is by far the most powerful "God". It's not even a god for that matter. It is the Supreme Reality. Not the one that we live in. Nor the universes that we don't know about. Nor the whole Omniverse. It's the only Reality. Our reality "The Omniverse" is maya, an illusion, compared to Brahman.

This concept is the only one on earth. Brahman is not "God". God in christianity, is all powerful, all seeing and all present. However in hinduism, they go a step further, Brahman is genderless, and undefined, and transcendent.

justleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By justleader

@Lord_Brahman: Orphic Zeus swallowed Protogonus or Deus(God) and everything with him,and by everything i dont mean just the reality but the okeanus seas and tartarus who is said to be beyond chaos itself(though i myself dont know how that is possible since chaos itself is beyond reality) then recreated him in the body of his son dionysis and then gave the rulership of the universe to him since he is beyond such things. so i say orphic Zeus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brahman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By ShootingNova

Everybody is just lamenting each other for different opinions...

Strongest version, the OP says.

Therefore, we have beings like

Brahman

Orphic tradition Zeus

Omnipotent worship Ra

Omnipotent worship Odin

and so on

Zeus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brahman? Not even remotely true. Stop fanwanking Zeus so much.

hermankeson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By hermankeson

@Lord_Brahman said:

Brahman is by far the most powerful "God". It's not even a god for that matter. It is the Supreme Reality. Not the one that we live in. Nor the universes that we don't know about. Nor the whole Omniverse. It's the only Reality. Our reality "The Omniverse" is maya, an illusion, compared to Brahman.

This concept is the only one on earth. Brahman is not "God". God in christianity, is all powerful, all seeing and all present. However in hinduism, they go a step further, Brahman is genderless, and undefined, and transcendent.

Our Omniverse? As far as we know there is only one universe. Also If all Religions/Mythologies were real Braham would probably be Lucifer trying to trick the piss out of you into doing occult shit and go to hell.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By ShootingNova

@hermankeson: No he is saying if there was an omniverse. Or in Hindu mythology. And no, Brahman would definitely not be Lucifer.

hermankeson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By hermankeson

@ShootingNova said:

@hermankeson: No he is saying if there was an omniverse. Or in Hindu mythology. And no, Brahman would definitely not be Lucifer.

Yeah he totally would.