This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hermankeson (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Any Pagan Gods e.g Zeus, Buddha, Odin.

Strongest version for all, Comic or Mythology.

#2 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Cronus

#3 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@VercingetorixTheGreat said:

Cronus

#4 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Buddha is a pagan god? O_o

Quetzalcoatl, Tezcatlipoca and Huitzilopochtli were ridiculously powerful in Aztec myth, The August Jade Emperor from China, Amun-Ra, Zeus, Hades and Poseidon from Greek myth, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Mikaboshi from shinto, Belobog and Chernobog from slavic myth.

#5 Posted by hermankeson (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

Buddha is a pagan god? O_o

Quetzalcoatl, Tezcatlipoca and Huitzilopochtli were ridiculously powerful in Aztec myth, The August Jade Emperor from China, Amun-Ra, Zeus, Hades and Poseidon from Greek myth, Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi and Mikaboshi from shinto, Belobog and Chernobog from slavic myth.

Honestly I don't have a clue if Buddha is a god or not, but he is in this battle anyways, but who would win of all these gods you've said?

#6 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@hermankeson: Buddha is not a god lol. Anyway what is that one japanese god that killed zeus in marvel comics?

#7 Posted by Mad8Baller (494 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Agent9149 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra, his word is power...what he says happens

and Buddha isn't a pagan god

#9 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Mikaboshi is probably the strongest but I also feel like Cronus could be the strongest

#10 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the gods I would probably put Quetzalcoatl/Tezcatlipoca in the same league as Zeus, Ra, Mikaboshi or the August Jade Emperor, I think they all stalemate.

#11 Posted by Umbraa (912 posts) - - Show Bio

Atum the God Eater aka Atum Ra Marvel...he solos Elder gods at the same time.

#12 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines: @VercingetorixTheGreat: @Agent9149: @hermankeson: buddha isnt a god hes just a human, but he was a teacher his full name was gautama buddha, and hes from india

#13 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@Jayfournines: @VercingetorixTheGreat: @Agent9149: @hermankeson: buddha isnt a god hes just a human, but he was a teacher his full name was gautama buddha, and hes from india

wasn't he like a human who attained complete enlightenment and is reborn every generation in the Dalai Lama? I honestly lack knowledge if he's considered a god like Jesus Christ.

#14 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

wasn't he like a human who attained complete enlightenment and is reborn every generation in the Dalai Lama? I honestly lack knowledge if he's considered a god like Jesus Christ.

yes hes just human, and ur right he completed the enlightenment upon his death by food poisoning, and hes not considered a god, hes like a idol, or a teacher that people look up to

#15 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (34958 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra was the god the other gods worshipped, when the king and queen of the gods Isis and Osiris prayed it would be to Ra

#16 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra. And then Heru.

#17 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus and Kronos.

#18 Edited by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra, Apophis, Ma'at, Kali, Osiris.

@kingkronos said:

Zeus and Kronos.

Are stomped by the ones I said above, and others.

#19 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Ra, Apophis, Ma'at, Kali, Osiris.

@kingkronos said:

Zeus and Kronos.

Are stomped by the ones I said above, and others.

Nope. not even close. Zeus' one shots all. And he is really invinsible. It's kinda hard to stomp someone that is literally invinsible and is omnipotent. Kronos also one shots them all....... Or probably eats them for breakfast.

#20 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jayfournines said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

No. This is incorrect. Anyone can become a Buddha, and there are many, many Buddhas. They are people that have achieved enlightenment. There is not one Buddha that's reborn into any one thing or person.

#21 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos:It's invincible. And no. Zeus and Kronos have done absolutely nothing that gives them the power to destroy those gods. They were actual indestructibles, and it was actually demonstrated over and over again in mythology. Zeus has been defeated before and required a third party to help him with Typhon. Kronos was defeated by Zeus and carved into a thousand pieces.

#22 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus or Cronus being mentioned makes no sense to me, they weren't that powerful at all, all the Greek gods were very flawed and not really more then humans with super powers.

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: Exactly. Kronos seems to think they are omnipotent beings. Egyptian and Hindu gods and goddesses have shown FAR better.

#24 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

Few correction, Buddha means knoweledgable his real name is Siddratha Gautam and he's from Nepal actually. A desert like place called Lumbini, and Nepal and india are 2 different countries.

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: True.

#26 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as the comic is concern this emo god version of Thor that appeared in Mighty Thor 15 looks cool:

#27 Edited by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Wow, don't tell me that you get your greek mythology from percy jackson books. Kronos was never cut into thousands of pieces, Kronos was defeated nothing more. You can't actual kill a god. They were truly immortal in an indestructible manner. And trying to ignore that is pretty irrelevant. Just tell me once, where there was a greek god that was actually killed. Because there was none, no immortal can die. That is a fact, go read mythology facts. And yes they were omnipotent beings, they could do anything except kill each other. But they were described as having human forms. But the titans were always depicted as being giants.

#28 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

Zeus or Cronus being mentioned makes no sense to me, they weren't that powerful at all, all the Greek gods were very flawed and not really more then humans with super powers.

Not true. They were all powerful, they just couldn't kill one another. That is why Kronos swallowed his childre. And they weren't "humans" they were described as having the forms of humans, and the titans were giants. And any gods' true form would incinerate any human or even a demigod just by looking.

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: Percy Jackson books, lol at that.... I studied Greek Myths for years, thank you very much. Titans are giants, I know that, Ma'at's divine words of creation will just solo him. Or Zeus. You going to reply to the PM?

#30 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

Not true. They were all powerful, they just couldn't kill one another. That is why Kronos swallowed his childre. And they weren't "humans" they were described as having the forms of humans, and the titans were giants. And any gods' true form would incinerate any human or even a demigod just by looking.

Not being able to die doesn't qualify you for anything, I never said they could die, that would be their superpower but they weren't that powerful. Power and not being able to die are two completely different things. Ares for example was a total loser, you are comparing Greek gods to the other beings in Greek myth but when compared to other mythologies they fall short...and again, even in their own, Greek gods weren't that magnificent at all.

#31 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@kingkronos said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

Not being able to die doesn't qualify you for anything, I never said they could die, that would be their superpower but they weren't that powerful. Power and not being able to die are two completely different things. Ares for example was a total loser, you are comparing Greek gods to the other beings in Greek myth but when compared to other mythologies they fall short...and again, even in their own, Greek gods weren't that magnificent at all.

QFT.

#32 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Percy Jackson books, lol at that.... I studied Greek Myths for years, thank you very much. Titans are giants, I know that, Ma'at's divine words of creation will just solo him. Or Zeus. You going to reply to the PM?

It seems so, because the only version I remember kronos being cut into pieces is percy jackson. Anyway, like I said before, they were omnipotent except they couldn't kill each other. And please don't mention Ma'at's divine word will solo them. Because it obviously won't. Kronos would dismantle Ma'at in a second. Kronos defeated the personification of the cosmos, soloing the egyptian patheon won't be a problem for him. And you're not giving me a chance to answer your PM.

#33 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: I am. Waited some time. Whatever, seeing you've waited longer for me, I will as well. OMG at the Kronos dismantling Ma'at when Ma'at is virtually indestructible. He is creation and order. His words alter and manipulate the very fabric of the universe, and he can recreate it at will, or make it so so that Kronos never existed.

#34 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

@kingkronos said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

I never said that they were powerful because they couldn't die. I said their only limit was to kill each other, other than that they did everything they wanted. Kronos defeated Ouranos the sky/cosmos. Zeus defeated him in a war that damaged the cosmos, so that atlas was holding it. Zeus defeated typhon, a million kilometer giant whose mother was earth (who btw created everything), he had unumbered hands each of whom had 100 serpent fingers. And had 100 heads (dragons, lions,etc..) and he was going to rebuild the universe.

It was stated also in the titanomachy that when Zeus no longer held his might heat ceized Chaos (the eternal, infinite void that was the embodiment of the universe before it was created and it preceded time). So as you can see they were all powerful.

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: Ra created the universe and it was fractured an innumerable number of times by Apophis, Ra healing it every time. Ma'at can do the same. Kali can't be destroyed and when attacked she involuntarily and automatically summons like a billion illusory copies of herself.

#36 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

i would say zeus since he faced many battles and he won them all, first of them was the titanomachy and he won against his father kronos who was the ruler of the titans, then there was the 100 Gigantes it is said that the entire olympian pantheon killed 15 of them and zeus desttroyed the rest, and obviously he was more powerful than his entire pantheon then typhoeus who was so terrible that even gods escaped from him except for zeus who defeated typhon.

#37 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader: Ra, Apophis, Ma'at can do similarly, and better. So can Kali.

#38 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: give me some of their best feats

#39 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Ra created the universe and it was fractured an innumerable number of times by Apophis, Ra healing it every time. Ma'at can do the same. Kali can't be destroyed and when attacked she involuntarily and automatically summons like a billion illusory copies of herself.

Wow, Ra created the universe. So what? Gaia created it. The titanomachy destroyed it. Typhon was going to recreate it. Chaos is beyond that all, and still Zeus affected him,etc.....

#40 Edited by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: Ra has healed the universe time and again from getting fractured, he healed the heavens and innumerable number of times, given light and warmth daily to the underworld, and has defeated chaos time and again.

@justleader: Which would you like? Read above and last page for some. If you need more, consult me.

#41 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: to say the truth not impressed, so give me their BEST feat

#42 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

As far as the comic is concern this emo god version of Thor that appeared in Mighty Thor 15 looks cool:

never knew Thor joined KISS

#43 Edited by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader:

Ra: Created the universe, defeated chaos numerous times, given light and warmth to the underworld with his mere presence, healed the heavens and the universe an innumerable number of times.

Osiris: Survived being cut into pieces, was thrown into chaos and returned, revived after being blasted to pieces, tanked world-wide sandstorms with little harm. Also survived castration.

Apophis: Mere presence shatters the heavens, his presence causes the Underworld to collapse into disrepair, disorder and disarray, his fights with Ra draw the universe into destruction, and can easily eat the sun like you eat a grain.

Ma'at: He is order and creation. His mere words allow him to alter and recreated the very fabric of the universe, so by talking, he can make trap Kronos in chaos for eternity, make him undone so he never existed, and so on.

Kali: Nothing hurts or penetrates her, when she is attacked she involuntarily summons billions of illusions of herself. She also trumped a demon that threatened the universe and all other Devas + the Trimurti, said demon has a god-level regeneration, and for each drop of blood you shed on him, there are a thousand more copies of him. Kali can also level all of creation with a scream.

These are only the things I can get off the top of my head.

#44 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@kingkronos: Ra has healed the universe time and again from getting fractured, he healed the heavens and innumerable number of times, given light and warmth daily to the underworld, and has defeated chaos time and again.

@justleader: Which would you like? Read above and last page for some. If you need more, consult me.

Wow, when has he ever healed the universe. You have to start giving me some proof. Also, the greeks could destroy the universe easily, seeing as they did as a side effect. And Zeus would restore it in a whim, he just wanted to punish atlas for being against him.

#45 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: After his fights with Apophis, which drew the universe into destruction as a side affect also. It was only a one vs one at that, so remember that.

#46 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2937 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin and Kronos are close, but I would say Odin.

I.A.T.

#47 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey: Why?

#48 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO The Judao Christian God sweeps them all because without him they wouldn't exist. gf.

#49 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@justleader:

Ra: Created the universe, defeated chaos numerous times, given light and warmth to the underworld with his mere presence, healed the heavens and the universe an innumerable number of times.

Osiris: Survived being cut into pieces, was thrown into chaos and returned, revived after being blasted to pieces, tanked world-wide sandstorms with little harm. Also survived castration.

Apophis: Mere presence shatters the heavens, his presence causes the Underworld to collapse into disrepair, disorder and disarray, his fights with Ra draw the universe into a universal black hole, and can easily eat the sun like you eat a grain.

Ma'at: He is order and creation. His mere words allow him to alter and recreated the very fabric of the universe, so by talking, he can make trap Kronos in chaos for eternity, make him undone so he never existed, and so on.

Kali: Nothing hurts or penetrates her, when she is attacked she involuntarily summons billions of illusions of herself. She also trumped a demon that threatened the universe and all other Devas + the Trimurti, said demon has a god-level regeneration, and for each drop of blood you shed on him, there are a thousand more copies of him. Kali can also level all of creation with a scream.

These are only the things I can get off the top of my head.

No. Actually Atum was the creator in the first place. Ra never healed the universe. Ofcourse he gave warmth and light, he is the SUN. And heavens isn't the universe, perhaps he healed the heavens but not the universe.

Osiris: very very very very not impressive.

Aphosis shatter heavens: not impressive. And some proof please about the black hole. Because egyptians didn't know about black holes in the first place.

Ma'at: Proof please and by that I mean links. Zeus is the god of sky, he can do anything he wants with it, and he was the ruler of the universe, the universe was in his image.

Kali: All gods are invinsible. billions of illusions....... can do nothing. level all creation with a scream: Again proof. And typheous or Kronos can do that.

#50 Posted by ShootingNova (18988 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: No. Different mythological variants have different creators. Ma'at is also the creator in some of them.

No. Honestly you said Oceanus controls all the celestial bodies in the sky at some point, which isn't true. It wasn't exactly a black hole, but drawing the universe into destruction was what I meant to say.

What? Zeus being god of the sky means nothing because it isn't relevant to the universe. He wasn't the totalitarian ruler of the universe.

Proof Zeus can simply obliterate or heal the universe at will. You have stated many things that are just beyond what really happened. Kronos was not the ruler of everything.