#1 Posted by hermankeson (436 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the strongest of these Gods?

Agni

Anubis

Ao Kuang

Arachne

Artemis

Bastet

Guan Yu

Hades

He Bo

Hel

Kali

Odin

Ra

Sobek

Sun Wukong

Vamana

Ymir

Zeus

#2 Posted by niBBit (718 posts) - - Show Bio

@hermankeson: Are these Gods from Myth or from the Comics?

#3 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Guan Yu

#4 Posted by hermankeson (436 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit said:

@hermankeson: Are these Gods from Myth or from the Comics?

Mythology

#5 Edited by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus easily since generally he is considered omnipotent and he defeated the titans defeated the gigantes and defeated typhoeus.

#6 Posted by hermankeson (436 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#7 Edited by Wolfrazer (5939 posts) - - Show Bio

After taking a double take on the thread lol, dunno honestly.

#8 Edited by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

Zeus easily since generally he is considered omnipotent and he defeated the titans defeated the gigantes and defeated typhoeus.

You mean he is in the Orphic tradition. Omnipotent, yeah, and he had his sinews ripped out by Typhon. He is very powerful, but not omnipotent (normally) but perhaps close. He doesn't do so "easily".

@Wolfrazer said:

Zeus, is stated he is the strongest of all the gods hence why he is the leader of them.

Honestly? He is the leader of the Greek Gods, not Norse, Chinese, Celtic, Egyptian, Hindu, etc. mythologies.

To the actual thread,

I still find Kali and Ra fiercely rivaling Zeus.

Ymir isn't a god. He is a primordial Frost Giant.

Why are you placing the likes of Sobek against people who dwarf him in power like Zeus, Odin, Ra, Kali, Ymir?

Again, Bastet/Bast and Anubis are easily no match for these gods, and so on.

Hel in her realm? If not she gets owned like a Texan wife.

Hades in his realm? Or else Zeus owns him very easily.

Where is Poseidon and Kronos? Oranos and Gaia?

I am also complacent to say that Artemis would get murdered by these top dogs here.

#9 Posted by Wolfrazer (5939 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova said:

@justleader said:

Zeus easily since generally he is considered omnipotent and he defeated the titans defeated the gigantes and defeated typhoeus.

You mean he is in the Orphic tradition. Omnipotent, yeah, and he had his sinews ripped out by Typhon. He is very powerful, but not omnipotent (normally) but perhaps close. He doesn't do so "easily".

@Wolfrazer said:

Zeus, is stated he is the strongest of all the gods hence why he is the leader of them.

Honestly? He is the leader of the Greek Gods, not Norse, Chinese, Celtic, Egyptian, Hindu, etc. mythologies.

To the actual thread,

I still find Kali and Ra fiercely rivaling Zeus.

Ymir isn't a god. He is a primordial Frost Giant.

Why are you placing the likes of Sobek against people who dwarf him in power like Zeus, Odin, Ra, Kali, Ymir?

Again, Bastet/Bast and Anubis are easily no match for these gods, and so on.

Hel in her realm? If not she gets owned like a Texan wife.

Hades in his realm? Or else Zeus owns him very easily.

Where is Poseidon and Kronos? Oranos and Gaia?

I am also complacent to say that Artemis would get murdered by these top dogs here.

Ya I just did a double take on that, was about to change my answer.
#10 Edited by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: Okay.

#11 Edited by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

And Guan Yu was a real-life guy, although he was deified and considered a god, but well, okay. What do we base him on? If it's his real life feats then he would be a quartered donkey trying to escape a black hole.

#12 Posted by hermankeson (436 posts) - - Show Bio

I am taking these names from the game SMITE, these are the only gods available right now and I was wondering which ones were strongest, lore wise.

#13 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@hermankeson said:

I am taking these names from the game SMITE, these are the only gods available right now and I was wondering which ones were strongest, lore wise.

You should research them before you do. Really, putting some mediocre gods against All-Fathers and God-Kings is just a no-no.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (80692 posts) - - Show Bio

Of these choices it's clearly Zeus.

#15 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: If it was Zeus vs all and the gods could die he would lose. In any sense, the OP has just bundled up a group of random gods from his game that don't even match in a fight. Half of them are smashed into oblivion before anything else happens.

#16 Posted by Ms. Omega (4383 posts) - - Show Bio

Kali

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega: She can't kill someone like Ra or Zeus though, and it depends on which myth-variation we are speaking of.

#18 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: first of all in orphic there is no typhon, and his sinews where ripped out only in some myths. this is what Zeus did in the orphic:

[So Zeus swallowed the body of the god] of the Firstborn king [Phanes], the reverend one. And with him all the immortals became one, the blessed gods and goddesses and rivers and lovely springs and everything else that then existed: he became the only one."

so then, [Zeus] by engulfing Erikepaios the Firstborn [Phanes], he had the body of all things in his belly, and he mixed into his own limbs the god’s power and strength. Because of this, together with him, everything came to be again inside Zeus, the broad air and the lofty splendour of heaven, the undraining sea and earth’s glorious seat, great Okeanos and the lowest Tartara of the earth, rivers and boundless sea and everything else, and all the immortal blessed gods and goddesses, all that had existed and all that was to exist afterwards became one and grew together in the belly of Zeus. After he had hidden them all away, again into the glad light from his holy heart he brought them up, performing mighty acts.

yeah until someone can do something like that please dont say that he is not the most powerful one here, in fact i dont see why he cant solo this.

#19 Posted by Pwok21 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Ra.

He is the only one that can be seen as truly powerful:

Odin got smacked at Ragnarok and Zeus got the crap beaten out of him by Typhon (whom he only beat due to Hermes helping him recover).

Everyone else is below them, so Ra is the most powerful.

#20 Edited by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21: well do you know who typhon is? even the primordials feared him such as nyx who fled when he came and even eros (the god of procreation, the first being who created the universe) refused to help Zeus to defeat typhon and besides that was only some myths, in others he didnt have a problem, in other myths he didnt even fight him so..................................

and did you read what i posted above?

#21 Posted by Lord_Brahman (12 posts) - - Show Bio

The Trimurti. Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva.

#22 Posted by Pwok21 (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader:

I do know who Typhon is. In fact Greek Mythology is my favourite of the three I enjoy the most.

I have never read any version of Greek mythology where Zeus didn't have problems with Typhon. It's true that Zeus was feared after deposing Cronos but that doesn't mean that he is automatically the best god ever. Ra fought Apophis every night on his journey through the underworld, and still survived.

What you have described for Zeus is one rather generous showing from one source. Generally Zeus was not as powerful as that and in most stories fought Typhon, and failed.

#23 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21: well then that's your problem that you didnt read all versions but i want to ask you do you know how powerful the primordials are? erebos the consort of nyx encompasses all of creation, gaia created the universe, tartarus the infinite abyss which even the gods fear,etc....and typhoeus frightened all the gods, and these gods are very powerful like hera who created the longest constellation there is consisting of millions of stars perhaps even more(they cannot be counted) and she along with poseidon and the other gods fled and the primordials are far more powerful than them. and i ask you again did you read what i postet above? i mean the guy literally solod the whole greek mythology, and by that i dont mean only his patheon but everything, every single god and every single thing and he became the only one so can you tell me what do the other gods have on that?

#24 Posted by stormphoenix (830 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know I would say Zeus would be the most powerful god in some battles he need help....now i think about it take that back it' not zeus for me i would say either Odin,Apollo,Hades or Ra

#25 Edited by Lord_Brahman (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

I dont know I would say Zeus would be the most powerful god in some battles he need help....now i think about it take that back it' not zeus for me i would say either Odin,Apollo,Hades or Ra

Nope. Zeus>>>Hades and Apollo. Ra>>>Hades and Apollo. And Odin is also above them. Seriously, don't just throw words about something you don't know about.

Hell, Indra is above Hades and Apollo.

#26 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: what a perfect answer, you obviously dont know anything especially about greek mytholigy, do you know that it is confirmed that Zeus is more powerful than his whole pantheon? meaning apollo(who was his son btw) and hades included. and i just postet that he ate phanes and this is who phanes is: "[The history of the world inscribed on tablets by the primordial god Phanes :] The first tablet, old as the infinite past, containing all things in one

#27 Posted by stormphoenix (830 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said: lol I actually do know something about greek mythology but since you want to be a jerk then there is no point

@stormphoenix: what a perfect answer, you obviously dont know anything especially about greek mytholigy, do you know that it is confirmed that Zeus is more powerful than his whole pantheon? meaning apollo(who was his son btw) and hades included. and i just postet that he ate phanes and this is who phanes is: "[The history of the world inscribed on tablets by the primordial god Phanes :] The first tablet, old as the infinite past, containing all things in one

@Lord_Brahman: And again I do know what im talkingabout I think you shouldn't lash out at people when there trying to voice there opinons.

#28 Posted by Lord_Brahman (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: Lol. You know what you're talking about? Clearly. You're putting Apollo on Ra's level, who is btw, creator of the universe and can destroy it and manipulate it at will. And actually it is said by Homer himself (the writer of mythology) that Zeus can take on his entire patheon. So, stop being ridiculous.

#29 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: then how can you not know some basics things like apollo is not even a germ to Zeus, he is the king of the olympians and apollo isnt even close to hades who isnt even close to Zeus. and did you even read what i postet about phanes?

#30 Posted by stormphoenix (830 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Brahman said:

@stormphoenix: Lol. You know what you're talking about? Clearly. You're putting Apollo on Ra's level, who is btw, creator of the universe and can destroy it and manipulate it at will. And actually it is said by Homer himself (the writer of mythology) that Zeus can take on his entire patheon. So, stop being ridiculous.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA seriously stop being ridiculous....wow this is sad

#31 Posted by GhostRider29 (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

Poseidon should be in this.

But either way, Zeus.

#32 Edited by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: calling apollo more powerful than Zeus is like calling a son older than his father, do you know how that sounds? yeah this is how you sound.

#33 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

Very bad thread. I mean, Artemis, seriously? What the hell is she going to do to Zeus, or Ra?

The only ones that are on the same level are: Zeus, Ra, Odin, and Kali. Kali and Odin are slightly below the two, but they would stand a chance.

So I say: Zeus>Ra>Kali>=Odin.

#34 Posted by Jayfournines (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

aw no Aztec pantheon? come on -__-

#35 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

@ShootingNova: first of all in orphic there is no typhon, and his sinews where ripped out only in some myths. this is what Zeus did in the orphic:

[So Zeus swallowed the body of the god] of the Firstborn king [Phanes], the reverend one. And with him all the immortals became one, the blessed gods and goddesses and rivers and lovely springs and everything else that then existed: he became the only one."

so then, [Zeus] by engulfing Erikepaios the Firstborn [Phanes], he had the body of all things in his belly, and he mixed into his own limbs the god’s power and strength. Because of this, together with him, everything came to be again inside Zeus, the broad air and the lofty splendour of heaven, the undraining sea and earth’s glorious seat, great Okeanos and the lowest Tartara of the earth, rivers and boundless sea and everything else, and all the immortal blessed gods and goddesses, all that had existed and all that was to exist afterwards became one and grew together in the belly of Zeus. After he had hidden them all away, again into the glad light from his holy heart he brought them up, performing mighty acts.

yeah until someone can do something like that please dont say that he is not the most powerful one here, in fact i dont see why he cant solo this.

You read my post wrong. First of all, I never stated there was Typhon in Orphic myths, I said in other myths. And yes, there were some myths in which Zeus one-shotted Typhon.

And Ra had the power to do that also. Please don't talk about things you aren't sure of. Soloing a being with similar levels of power plus numerous others?

Ra also defeated Apophis, Chaos itself, was the creator and ruled over all parts of the world (earth/sky/underworld) and could recreate them at a whim.

#36 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

@justleader:

I do know who Typhon is. In fact Greek Mythology is my favourite of the three I enjoy the most.

I have never read any version of Greek mythology where Zeus didn't have problems with Typhon. It's true that Zeus was feared after deposing Cronos but that doesn't mean that he is automatically the best god ever. Ra fought Apophis every night on his journey through the underworld, and still survived.

What you have described for Zeus is one rather generous showing from one source. Generally Zeus was not as powerful as that and in most stories fought Typhon, and failed.

Actually, Zeus one-shotted Typhon in some of the myths.

@Lord_Brahman said:

The Trimurti. Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu, Lord Shiva.

Those gods aren't in the OP.

@stormphoenix said:

I dont know I would say Zeus would be the most powerful god in some battles he need help....now i think about it take that back it' not zeus for me i would say either Odin,Apollo,Hades or Ra

Really? Apollo matching Odin, Ra and Hades? Ra and Odin>>>>>>Hades>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Apollo. Apollo has done nothing on their level.

Zeus matches them, quite well.

@Jayfournines said:

aw no Aztec pantheon? come on -__-

Quetzalcoatl again?

@kingkronos said:

Very bad thread. I mean, Artemis, seriously? What the hell is she going to do to Zeus, or Ra?

The only ones that are on the same level are: Zeus, Ra, Odin, and Kali. Kali and Odin are slightly below the two, but they would stand a chance.

So I say: Zeus>Ra>Kali>=Odin.

Artemis LMAO. And Apollo and crap like that.

Kali should be on-par with Zeus and Ra, they might not even be able to kill her, really. Well, maybe they can. If all the gods are immortal how are Kali, Zeus and Ra even going to die?

@stormphoenix said:

@justleader said: lol I actually do know something about greek mythology but since you want to be a jerk then there is no point

@stormphoenix: what a perfect answer, you obviously dont know anything especially about greek mytholigy, do you know that it is confirmed that Zeus is more powerful than his whole pantheon? meaning apollo(who was his son btw) and hades included. and i just postet that he ate phanes and this is who phanes is: "[The history of the world inscribed on tablets by the primordial god Phanes :] The first tablet, old as the infinite past, containing all things in one

@Lord_Brahman: And again I do know what im talkingabout I think you shouldn't lash out at people when there trying to voice there opinons.

If you did know what you were talking about, you would not have put Apollo anywhere near their level. I am afraid you either are:

A. Trolling

B. Lacking in knowledge

C. Joking

D. Just throwing it out pointlessly

E. Some other reason known only to yourself.

#37 Posted by stormphoenix (830 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Not trolling No lack of Knowledge Joking(maybe)

#38 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: If its not lack of knowledge why would you even put Apollo on their level? What feats does he have on par with them? Sorry, but mediocre gods are no match for All-Fathers and God-Kings.

#39 Posted by bonesboy08 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

the non-sentient mindless being of creation and destruction that is kaos takes it ;)

#40 Posted by bonesboy08 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

fyi the sonic character Chaos was based of this as a primordial entity of such ability but it had a mind to the point of 'sentience' which is unlike the greek mythos

#41 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Yes I think Kali can stand up to them. After all, she can level up creation with a scream, and was destroying the universe without even noticing, just by celebrating her victory over

Raktavija who made infinite copies of himself. And she destroyed all his copies just by "unleashing her eye". She is immensely powerful.

#42 Posted by AKA_TERMINATOR (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Between Odin and Zeus I don't know.

I'll go with Zeus, but he couldnt beat the other Gods all at once.

#43 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@AKA_TERMINATOR said:

Between Odin and Zeus I don't know.

I'll go with Zeus, but he couldnt beat the other Gods all at once.

Ra>>Odin.

#44 Posted by AKA_TERMINATOR (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos: I couldn't even chose. thats why zeus vs odin threads i stay away from because they're hard for me to debate on...lol

#45 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingkronos said:

@ShootingNova: Yes I think Kali can stand up to them. After all, she can level up creation with a scream, and was destroying the universe without even noticing, just by celebrating her victory over

Raktavija who made infinite copies of himself. And she destroyed all his copies just by "unleashing her eye". She is immensely powerful.

Yes, I know this, I told you this in our PM and in another thread. She also has other feats, but yeah, that should be enough to place her on their level.

@AKA_TERMINATOR said:

Between Odin and Zeus I don't know.

I'll go with Zeus, but he couldnt beat the other Gods all at once.

I don't think so. Ra is above Odin, I say Kali also. Zeus as well.

@AKA_TERMINATOR said:

@kingkronos: I couldn't even chose. thats why zeus vs odin threads i stay away from because they're hard for me to debate on...lol

Zeus is more powerful than Odin. Without his trinkets and trash he has absolutely no way of winning against Zeus.

#46 Posted by joshuagamer (634 posts) - - Show Bio

@niBBit: zeus is from greek, ymir is from norse, ra is egyptian, kali is from hinduism, odin is norse, hel is norse, bastet is egyptian, anubis is egyptian, arachne is greek, artemis is greek, hades is greek,vamana is from hinduism, agni is from hinduism, ao kuang is from chinese mythology, guan yu is chinese, he bo is chinese, sobek is egyptian, and sun wukong is chinese

#47 Posted by AKA_TERMINATOR (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: depends which zeus we're talking. if its marvel zeus yes i agree with you, but dc zeus i havent had the time to read up on.

#48 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@AKA_TERMINATOR said:

@ShootingNova: depends which zeus we're talking. if its marvel zeus yes i agree with you, but dc zeus i havent had the time to read up on.

This is mythology Zeus. And all the other gods are in mythology form.

#49 Posted by ShootingNova (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonesboy08 said:

fyi the sonic character Chaos was based of this as a primordial entity of such ability but it had a mind to the point of 'sentience' which is unlike the greek mythos

Not really. Orphic traditions had Zeus swallow everything, including Chaos. Chaos isn't in the OP but could stand to Zeus.

@bonesboy08 said:

the non-sentient mindless being of creation and destruction that is kaos takes it ;)

What feats does Chaos have? Literally none.

#50 Posted by AKA_TERMINATOR (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@AKA_TERMINATOR said:

@ShootingNova: depends which zeus we're talking. if its marvel zeus yes i agree with you, but dc zeus i havent had the time to read up on.

This is mythology Zeus. And all the other gods are in mythology form.

ok so their is mythology zeus. hes not a dc or mavel character i take it? i ask cause i only know a little about marvel zeus and not a whole lot at all about the others.