Ben chokes him out.

Mad8Baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Mad8Baller

I don't think Strong Guy is power 100+ tons.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Mad8Baller said:

He isn't, but he can be.

Avatar image for royale_with_cheese
royale_with_cheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So this is Thing vs Sebastian Shaw? Grim can dish out as much as he can take it. I can't say the same for Guido.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ben outsmarts and outfights him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Killemall

@Mad8Baller said:

Bio puts him at level 6 when it comes to strength which is 75-100 ton strength level however he can absorb kinetic energy and make himself stronger. So he's definitely not 100+ tons before power up. Bio but Ben at 7 so he's 100+ tons/ incalculable strength. So ben clearly has an advantage in the strength department, dont see Strong guy have speed or any other advantage anyways and like spawn stated Ben can chock him.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

The Thing wins this battle of the tough guys.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Guardiandevil83

My homie Guido gets no respect. Dude took a Jumbo jet hitting him. Fell through a flight tower. And was strong enough to take Blob off his feet, by punching him so hard he litterally tore up the ground beneath him. He also took a blow from world war Hulk. Since he dosen't have heart problems here, Ben ain't shutting him down, since that is what usually proves problematic when fighting stronger foes.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
They already fought, in Guido's own book.  First scuffle was more even before it got interrupted, in the rematch Ben one-shotted him.

End thread.
Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bo88gdan

Strong Guy 

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Enosisik

Couldn't he just absorb the energy from the choke and break out of the hold? Strong Guy without heart problems and at full potential would be about impossible to beat by physical force. I'm sure in the plot Thing would just have some kind of weapon made by Reed for the situation. Like Morph said above as they stand today Thing wins probably 9 out of 10 times.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Guardiandevil83 said:

My homie Guido gets no respect. Dude took a Jumbo jet hitting him. Fell through a flight tower. And was strong enough to take Blob off his feet, by punching him so hard he litterally tore up the ground beneath him. He also took a blow from world war Hulk. Since he dosen't have heart problems here, Ben ain't shutting him down, since that is what usually proves problematic when fighting stronger foes.

None of those are a choke hold.

LordOfFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LordOfFate

Could go either way. A long fight does favor Guido though.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Lord Shiva said:

Could go either way. A long fight does favor Guido though.

Disagree on the first part. Ben holds the necessary advantages in his fighting ability and holds a high enough strength gap to where even after a few punches Guido isn't going to be able to overpower him to get out of a choke hold. Ben is actually smart enough to change his tactics when he realizes just punching isn't going to work. I haven't read their X-Factor fight but if Ben also beat him there, then he can beat him here and since he has a previous encounter, he probably knows of Guido's powers he may not even start by punching and immediately go for the incapacitation. Ben wins majority.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Ben takes it. He regularly proves that he deserves to be Hulk's rival, where as Strong Guy does that much, or at least stuff that puts him on Ben's level.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strong Guy absorb kinetic force when he hits things too.

I think his rested strength level is about 60 to 70 tons, but he can quickly become 100+ tons depending on the force that he hits or hits him. With heart problem doesn't allow him over that though which is why I took of the handicap.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@god_spawn said:

@Guardiandevil83 said:

None of those are a choke hold.

I never mentioned a choke hold. Or do you mean that's what Ben would/could do to him?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Guardiandevil83: More what Ben could do to him. I just found mentioning some of the durability feats like surviving a jet crash or tanking a punch from WWH etc pointless no offense. Those play into his powers which a chokehold should be a safe way around his powers.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@god_spawn said:

@Guardiandevil83: More what Ben could do to him. I just found mentioning some of the durability feats like surviving a jet crash or tanking a punch from WWH etc pointless no offense. Those play into his powers which a chokehold should be a safe way around his powers.

Oh dude no offense taken. Well I believe that Ben maybe a better fighter. His stint in the military and all. But Guido has been trained as well and could probably handle a submission move. Martial training teaches us that it isn't always about strength. Also, is Ben aware enough about Guido to do that off the bat? Not sure if they've ever really spoken. I know that they were both at the Baxter building when it exploded during I believe the Secret Wars..

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Guardiandevil83: Training for X-Men characters seem to vary heavily. We look at the likes of Wolverine and Cyclops being on the X-Men for so long and them running the drills and think the X-Men should all be world class fighters since Wolverine is one of the best MA fighters in the MU and Cyclops is a solid fighter himself. But we look at them and see the differences. Storm is a solid fighter, Kitty is a solid fighter but then we look at the guys like Colossus who doesn't fight much different from a high grade brawler. Ben's definitely one of the better fighting bricks out there, he has his military training, boxing, division 1 wrestling and was self trained in judo. I haven't really seen Guido do much more than punch things without much technique. I've seen Ben bob and weave and employ his boxing before. And they've had 2 encounters now and in their most recent one I was told Ben one-shotted him. I don't know if that refers to BFRing or somehow managed to KO him. So I'm guessing Ben has enough knowledge in him, if not he is definitely intelligent to know when his punches aren't cutting it. I don't think Guido would reach the point he would get him a choke hold and since Guido's skills as an MA fighter seem more of a guess than actual showing. I think Ben has the definitive strength gap to get him in a hold and choke him out.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@god_spawn said:

@Guardiandevil83: Training for X-Men characters seem to vary heavily. We look at the likes of Wolverine and Cyclops being on the X-Men for so long and them running the drills and think the X-Men should all be world class fighters since Wolverine is one of the best MA fighters in the MU and Cyclops is a solid fighter himself. But we look at them and see the differences. Storm is a solid fighter, Kitty is a solid fighter but then we look at the guys like Colossus who doesn't fight much different from a high grade brawler. Ben's definitely one of the better fighting bricks out there, he has his military training, boxing, division 1 wrestling and was self trained in judo. I haven't really seen Guido do much more than punch things without much technique. I've seen Ben bob and weave and employ his boxing before. And they've had 2 encounters now and in their most recent one I was told Ben one-shotted him. I don't know if that refers to BFRing or somehow managed to KO him. So I'm guessing Ben has enough knowledge in him, if not he is definitely intelligent to know when his punches aren't cutting it. I don't think Guido would reach the point he would get him a choke hold and since Guido's skills as an MA fighter seem more of a guess than actual showing. I think Ben has the definitive strength gap to get him in a hold and choke him out.

Feel like I just got schooled. lol Ben for the win I guess. Especially since a post above said that at best Guido stalemated Ben, but did not win. Not to mention I did say on another Thread that I believe Ben to be at Classic Savage Hulk levels currently because of the intense workouts provided by Reeds Excersise Machines.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Guardiandevil83: Ben was able fight Namor pretty evenly on land (not the fight in AvX versus which was stupid, but the brief one in UXM which was closer and written better IMO) so he has definitely grown in power over the years.

Avatar image for daddy_cool_dude
Daddy_Cool_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Daddy_Cool_Dude

Ben wins, he have fought someone stronger than him before because of his fighting skills. He stood up against WWH for a while, nearly beat up Rulk who is as strong as enraged salvage Hulk. And even Classic Thing, who is weaker than current Thing have defeated Wonder Man who can stood up with Thor. Guido can be overloaded, remember a punch from WWH?

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@god_spawn said:

@Guardiandevil83: Ben was able fight Namor pretty evenly on land (not the fight in AvX versus which was stupid, but the brief one in UXM which was closer and written better IMO) so he has definitely grown in power over the years.

Thats the fight I referred to actually.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

Ben wins, he have fought someone stronger than him before because of his fighting skills. He stood up against WWH for a while, nearly beat up Rulk who is as strong as enraged salvage Hulk. And even Classic Thing, who is weaker than current Thing have defeated Wonder Man who can stood up with Thor. Guido can be overloaded, remember a punch from WWH?

Ben didn't really fair all that well against WWH, no more so than Guido did. Ben got off a few shots that didn't do much and then Hulk laid him out with one hit. And Guido got overloaded because it threatened to damage his heart cause he had a bad heart IIRC which he does not have here and there is still a huge gap in Ben and WWH's strength levels as well. So any notion of Ben overloading him seems a bit off to me cause if he plays a slug fest in this Guido will be delivering those hits right back so there isn't much of a chance he is getting overloaded.

Avatar image for daddy_cool_dude
Daddy_Cool_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Daddy_Cool_Dude

@god_spawn said:

@Daddy_Cool_Dude said:

Ben didn't really fair all that well against WWH, no more so than Guido did. Ben got off a few shots that didn't do much and then Hulk laid him out with one hit. And Guido got overloaded because it threatened to damage his heart cause he had a bad heart IIRC which he does not have here and there is still a huge gap in Ben and WWH's strength levels as well. So any notion of Ben overloading him seems a bit off to me cause if he plays a slug fest in this Guido will be delivering those hits right back so there isn't much of a chance he is getting overloaded.

Of course, he didn't win during the fight with WWH, but I believe he did tank more of Hulk's punch than Strong Guy IIRC.

Well, still got one feat, Thing have beaten Wonder Man who have went toe-to-toe with Thor during classic Marvel era. Not to mention Wonder Man obviously have more raw strength than Thing in the barbell lifting part. Thing and Strong Guy's gaps are closer, assuming Strong Guy is close to being overloaded.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By dernman

I'm going to give the fight to been.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Daddy_Cool_Dude: Actually he didn't tank more of what Hulk was dishing out. Ben got more hits on Hulk. The fight started with Ben punching Hulk, then they grapple for a sec, Ben gets in a quick body blow and another punch to the head then Hulk slams both his fists against the sides of Thing's head and he is down for the count. So Ben got 3 hits on Hulk while Hulk only got 1 and he KO'd him with that one hit so he didn't tank more than Guido at all.

And Wonder Man always seem inconsistent to me. I recall grids saying he was a 90 tonner and a 100 tonner and that he was close to Thor but never really showed anything for it. Thing was generally always a head of whatever strength rank he was given. And without Guido's heart condition (as I mentioned before he does not have here) idk if he can be overloaded. If he can it should be even beyond the blow Hulk gave him cause he doesn't have said weakness in this fight.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By TDK_1997

The Things wins.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Stronger

@Morpheus_ said:

They already fought, in Guido's own book. First scuffle was more even before it got interrupted, in the rematch Ben one-shotted him.

End thread.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Thing for the win.