Avatar image for cypher_s_gambit
Cypher's Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cypher's Gambit

If both are punching eachother back and forth, who would eventually be the last one standing? 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Kallarkz

I would go for Sebastian Shaw   
Strong Guy also has a weak heart due to his first bodily transformation when he kept too much energy stored inside of his body. For this, Strong Guy had a pacemaker implemented into his chest to regulate his heart so that he could continue in action but he still cannot put too much pressure on his body or he will suffer another heart attack.   

Also Sebastian Shaw can absorb so much kinetic energy that he can forgo sleep for a period of time and continue to exert himself for days. 

Strong Guy however is only able to exert himself for 24 hours before he grows tired. 

I think the heart problem will be what decides this though. Strong Guy can only put so much stress on his body before his heart gives way. I don't think he would be able to take punishment from Shaw for too long.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By theicon

shaw

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

Sebastian Shaw should win here.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ego

strong guy 1st hit would knock shaw back to the next county. strong guy wins.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ego said:
strong guy 1st hit would knock shaw back to the next county. strong guy wins.
Strong Guy only has a base strength of 50 tons. Shaw has been hit by people of Class 100+.   
Why would this one first hit cause such devastating damage? To someone who can absorb it btw.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slimj87d

If Shaw starts at peak human levels he would lose. 

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ego
@Kallarkz: not devastating damage, just the force will knock him back to the next city. a 50 toner man that has a fist the size of shaw's entire mid section and a fast punch is at least 90 miles an hour. 90 miles an hour plus the mass of strong guy will lift the 200lbs shaw into the air and the force it is generated will cause shaw to fly backwards at 90 miles per hour.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ego said:

@Kallarkz: not devastating damage, just the force will knock him back to the next city. a 50 toner man that has a fist the size of shaw's entire mid section and a fast punch is at least 90 miles an hour. 90 miles an hour plus the mass of strong guy will lift the 200lbs shaw into the air and the force it is generated will cause shaw to fly backwards at 90 miles per hour.

Why haven't we see this happen when stronger people have hit Shaw then? 
I'm just not understanding how a person like Colossus can hit Shaw who has 100+ strength and him not even be moved to the next room has less effect than a person with +50 strength hitting Shaw which is supposedly sending him miles away. 

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ego
@Kallarkz said:
@Ego said:
Why haven't we see this happen when stronger people have hit Shaw then? I'm just not understanding how a person like Colossus can hit Shaw who has 100+ strength and him not even be moved to the next room has less effect than a person with +50 strength hitting Shaw which is supposedly sending him miles away.
there is something wrong with colossus. he punches differently. downward, and i think colossus doesn't apply all his force bc he is afraid his punches might kill someone. use venom for instance. he never pulls back his punches and he even punched juggernaut who weighs 1 ton so hard, that juggernaut flew to the next building. venom punches faster than 90 miles per hour and he always uses all his strength.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ego said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Ego said:
Why haven't we see this happen when stronger people have hit Shaw then? I'm just not understanding how a person like Colossus can hit Shaw who has 100+ strength and him not even be moved to the next room has less effect than a person with +50 strength hitting Shaw which is supposedly sending him miles away.
there is something wrong with colossus. he punches differently. downward, and i think colossus doesn't apply all his force bc he is afraid his punches might kill someone. use venom for instance. he never pulls back his punches and he even punched juggernaut who weighs 1 ton so hard, that juggernaut flew to the next building. venom punches faster than 90 miles per hour and he always uses all his strength.
Mmmm. 
Colossus always punches downward? So wouldn't that make the opponent go...down...since he is being hit with enough force to send him to another city? 
But clearly sir the photo above shows that Colossus does not always punch down. Doesn't really make much sense tbh.   

Point being sir, simply stating that one hit will send someone flying back because Superman hit Supergirl and she went flying away doesn't really seem like a strong argument. 
Shaw has been hit by super powered being and has moved a bit and has remained unmoved as well.  
Stating that one hit from Strong and Shaw will go flying out to the next city doesn't seem a plausible way too end this.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ego

well shaw is a pretty big guy but colossus is still bigger so he has to punch somewhat downward. but strong guy is as big as two colossuses. that picture you posted above. do you know if shaw already absorbed kinetic energy thus increasing his strength and durability? it says that colossus was "punching lightly enough".

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ego said:

that picture you posted above. do you know if shaw already absorbed kinetic energy thus increasing his strength and durability? it says that colossus was "punching lightly enough".

Now THESE are arguments. Stating that Colossus always punches downwards is very out there. 

I understand the confusion as far as energy absorption goes. How much can the absorb? Do they have to absorb energy before the conflict begins? 
Sebastian Shaw has been shown to both be able to take hits from super powered beings when he has almost no energy reserves and also when he wakes up hit the wall hard enough and long enough to build up his own personal strength levels. To date I have not seen 1 single first hit on its own overload Shaw. Nor have I seen Strong Guy capable of performing such an "overload" feat. 

And being punched lightly by Colossus would have at least made him take a step back.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slimj87d
@Kallarkz: It depends if Shaw starts the fight at peak human level... or if  he has absorbed a lot of energy.

If he has not absorbed anything, then a punch from strong guy will be too much to handle suddenly and all at once. 
If he has absorbed a few grenades then sure, he will take out strong guy. 
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kallarkz
@SlimJ87D said:

@Kallarkz: It depends if Shaw starts the fight at peak human level... or if  he has absorbed a lot.  If he has not absorbed anything, then a punch from strong guy will be too much to handle suddenly and all at once. If he has absorbed a few grenades then sure, he will take out strong guy. 

When has a single first punch overloaded Shaw? 
 This might help: 
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Absorption
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ego

i agree but every kinetic absorbing mutant or person has a limit otherwise they would be unimited cosmic abstract level. i know bishop has his limits, strong guy does too and so does shaw. strong guy was once punched by hulk and the force was too great that strong guy was grasping his chest. i remember bishop was fried once during AoA and shaw overloaded too... iicr, one time was when he was fighting mr. sinister x as xavier. i believe it was gambit, shaw, and luke cage vs xavier in h2h. and shaw asked gambit to charge him bc his reserve was low and xavier was kicking their asses. gambit warned shaw that he might be killed in the processes and shaw overloaded. he was actually knocked out for most of the fight leaving gambit and cage fighting xavier alone. i forgot what comic this was, but it was mr. sinister in possession of xavier.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ego said:

i agree but every kinetic absorbing mutant or person has a limit otherwise they would be unimited cosmic abstract level. i know bishop has his limits, strong guy does too and so does shaw. strong guy was once punched by hulk and the force was too great that strong guy was grasping his chest. i remember bishop was fried once during AoA and shaw overloaded too... iicr, one time was when he was fighting mr. sinister x as xavier. i believe it was gambit, shaw, and luke cage vs xavier in h2h. and shaw asked gambit to charge him bc his reserve was low and xavier was kicking their asses. gambit warned shaw that he might be killed in the processes and shaw overloaded. he was actually knocked out for most of the fight leaving gambit and cage fighting xavier alone. i forgot what comic this was, but it was mr. sinister in possession of xavier.
Every mutant has some limit as to what they can do. 
But being overloaded with one hit by a person of +50 when you have clearly shown to take on people of Class 100+ doesn't seem to make much sense. 
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I think this has been done, but I'll allow it, Cypher.

Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ego

i found parts of the scan! 

let me dig up on more.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ego said:

let me dig up on more.

Parts of the scans proving what sir? 
And we are talking about physical kinetic energy. Shaw has been seen to not absorb energy blasts with the same level of prowess although he did take a blast from Cyclops pretty well.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ego
@Kallarkz said:
@Ego said:

Every mutant has some limit as to what they can do. But being overloaded with one hit by a person of +50 when you have clearly shown to take on people of Class 100+ doesn't seem to make much sense. 
yea but how do you not know that shaw has already increased his strength and durability prior to colossus light weight punch? being 100 or 50 tons doens't really matter until after force is applied. 
look at it this way. if you were levitating in the air 5 feet off the ground and if a 50 ton bulldozer traveling walking speed hits you. you would bounce of it in mid air taveling backwards at the same speed., but if that 50 ton bulldozer hits you at 90 miles per hour, you would fly backwards at that speed. 

my two reasoning that shaw wasn't pushed back was bc he was already apmed with kinetic energy and he was bracing himself using the leverage of the ground beneath him. however, if colossus used at least half of his strength and applied more fore to his punch using an uppercut rather than a dawnward jab, that would have lifted shaw taking away any leverage support and knocked him back into the air. this can be said with strong guy.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ego said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Ego said:

Every mutant has some limit as to what they can do. But being overloaded with one hit by a person of +50 when you have clearly shown to take on people of Class 100+ doesn't seem to make much sense. 
yea but how do you not know that shaw has already increased his strength and durability prior to colossus light weight punch? being 100 or 50 tons doens't really matter until after force is applied. look at it this way. if you were levitating in the air 5 feet off the ground and if a 50 ton bulldozer traveling walking speed hits you. you would bounce of it in mid air taveling backwards at the same speed., but if that 50 ton bulldozer hits you at 90 miles per hour, you would fly backwards at that speed.   my two reasoning that shaw wasn't pushed back was bc he was already apmed with kinetic energy and he was bracing himself using the leverage of the ground beneath him. however, if colossus used at least half of his strength and applied more fore to his punch using an uppercut rather than a dawnward jab, that would have lifted shaw taking away any leverage support and knocked him back into the air. this can be said with strong guy.
Sir i see what you are trying to get at but it just isn't applying here. Every point I bring up you try to counter with "Colossus always hits downwards he fights kinda weird" or "Shaw gets overloaded by the first hit and goes down" 
Neither of which are shown when we see Sebastian Shaw fight and in the first scan i displayed i showed that Colossus does not "hit down".  

Trying to prove that Strong Guy could walk up to Shaw and knock him into another city is simply something I have never seen happen to Shaw in any comic I've read him in. 
You are assuming that his abilities are giving him a level of invulnerability when his powers is what does this. 
No matter how much energy he has absorbed he can still be cut or burned.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ego
@Kallarkz said:
@Ego said:

let me dig up on more.

Parts of the scans proving what sir? And we are talking about physical kinetic energy. Shaw has been seen to not absorb energy blasts with the same level of prowess although he did take a blast from Cyclops pretty well.

proving that he has limits just like strong guy like the below stated.

@Ego said:

what upper statement that is quoted is a match between gambit, shaw, and luke cage vs xavier. shaw was overloaded and this means that shaw might go down 1st rather than strong guy. 
 strong guy's base strength is 50 tons. and has mass that makes him weigh nearly 800 lbs. 
 shaw's base strength is probably bench pressing at most 300lbs and he weighs about 200 lbs.
 this is without amping his strength and durability
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ego
@Kallarkz said:
@Ego said:

@Kallarkz said:

@Ego said:

yea but how do you not know that shaw has already increased his strength and durability prior to colossus light weight punch? being 100 or 50 tons doens't really matter until after force is applied. look at it this way. if you were levitating in the air 5 feet off the ground and if a 50 ton bulldozer traveling walking speed hits you. you would bounce of it in mid air taveling backwards at the same speed., but if that 50 ton bulldozer hits you at 90 miles per hour, you would fly backwards at that speed.   my two reasoning that shaw wasn't pushed back was bc he was already apmed with kinetic energy and he was bracing himself using the leverage of the ground beneath him. however, if colossus used at least half of his strength and applied more fore to his punch using an uppercut rather than a dawnward jab, that would have lifted shaw taking away any leverage support and knocked him back into the air. this can be said with strong guy.
Sir i see what you are trying to get at but it just isn't applying here. Every point I bring up you try to counter with "Colossus always hits downwards he fights kinda weird" or "Shaw gets overloaded by the first hit and goes down" Neither of which are shown when we see Sebastian Shaw fight and in the first scan i displayed i showed that Colossus does not "hit down".   Trying to prove that Strong Guy could walk up to Shaw and knock him into another city is simply something I have never seen happen to Shaw in any comic I've read him in. You are assuming that his abilities are giving him a level of invulnerability when his powers is what does this. No matter how much energy he has absorbed he can still be cut or burned.
i'm not saying that shaw is going to get overloaded, i'm saying that the force of strong guys 1st punch will make shaw fly away. meaning BFR.
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ego said:
@Kallarkz said:
@Ego said:

let me dig up on more.

Parts of the scans proving what sir? And we are talking about physical kinetic energy. Shaw has been seen to not absorb energy blasts with the same level of prowess although he did take a blast from Cyclops pretty well.

proving that he has limits just like strong guy like the below stated.

@Ego said:

what upper statement that is quoted is a match between gambit, shaw, and luke cage vs xavier. shaw was overloaded and this means that shaw might go down 1st rather than strong guy.  strong guy's base strength is 50 tons. and has mass that makes him weigh nearly 800 lbs.  shaw's base strength is probably bench pressing at most 300lbs and he weighs about 200 lbs. this is without amping his strength and durability
This is the problem. You are associating Shaws increase in durability with his energy absorption. 
He can still  be cut or burned even if he were to be at peak energy capacity. His invulnerability is due to the fact that he can absorb the oncoming kinetic energy directed at him. 

Strong Guy has a weak heart and a pacemaker. If he taxes his body too much or absorbs energy for too long he will have a massive heart attack. 
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kallarkz
@Ego said:

i'm not saying that shaw is going to get overloaded, i'm saying that the force of strong guys 1st punch will make shaw fly away. meaning BFR.
I would suppose him being BFR hit would be a possibility. 
But like i've said...I've never seen it happen.
Ego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ego
@Kallarkz said:

@Ego said:

I would suppose him being BFR hit would be a possibility. But like i've said...I've never seen it happen.
because no one has uppercutted him before with that strength. most of the big shots have to hit downward, meaning that you are punching towards the support of leverage bc shaw is relatively smaller than they are. what if you pin ms marvel powered rogue against shaw? she is smaller than him so her punches are naturally an uppercut uless he decides to throw a hook, meaning force against the support of the leverage below. 
and shaw does not absorb 100% of the force. if that were true he would not move his face. 

example of leverage support when when someone attempts to punch you down 

example of being hit away from the support of leverage. such as being hit upward.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By slimj87d
@Kallarkz: Have you ever seen Shaw at human level form? We know that he has actually gotten injuries before from not having absorbed enough energy. So if he fights without any energy in his system then he'll probably lose. 
yeaSHEbeSTRONG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think what you fail to under stand is. He’s a guy. Yes. But he’s also strong