#1  Edited By OmegaDynasty
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

I can desperately find feats for Ryu if I try, but there's no finding feats for Strider.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Decoy Elite said:

I can desperately find feats for Ryu if I try, but there's no finding feats for Strider.

I'm sure you could use consistent showings from the games. I'm voting for Strider and Ryu, of course.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Decoy Elite said:

I'm sure you could use consistent showings from the games. I'm voting for Strider and Ryu, of course.

Ryu yes. There are cutscenes and such that hint at his skill and gameplay also can give a good idea.

Strider not so much. His last game was on the Genesis IIRC with no cutscenes and gameplay being a bit too gamey to hint at this skill(he basically just slashes a sword and does flips)

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Decoy Elite said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Ryu yes. There are cutscenes and such that hint at his skill and gameplay also can give a good idea.

Strider not so much. His last game was on the Genesis IIRC with no cutscenes and gameplay being a bit too gamey to hint at this skill(he basically just slashes a sword and does flips)

Find videos of him on Youtube under Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Ultimate 3. Even if they're game mechanics, you can still get hints at what he's capable of. I know it's a shotty way of getting proof, but anything would help in his defense.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Dark Cloud™: They're not. There are characters who pull off crap in those games that should outright not be able to pull them off. Using fighting games crossovers as evidence is just a bad idea in general IMO.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Decoy Elite said:

@Dark Cloud™: They're not. There are characters who pull off crap in those games that should outright not be able to pull them off. Using fighting games crossovers as evidence is just a bad idea in general IMO.

I agree in most situations, but when there's really little to use, there's not much to back up on. If that was the case, then this battle would be a stomp in favor of Gorgon and Deathstroke. =\
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Decoy Elite said:

I agree in most situations, but when there's really little to use, there's not much to back up on. If that was the case, then this battle would be a stomp in favor of Gorgon and Deathstroke. =\

It probably is.

Ryu is good, but I'm not sure it he's outright superhuman(and if he is he's not really on Gorgon or DS's level) and Strider isn't really that impressive even from a gameplay standpoint.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Ryu@Decoy Elite said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Decoy Elite said:

It probably is.

Ryu is good, but I'm not sure it he's outright superhuman(and if he is he's not really on Gorgon or DS's level) and Strider isn't really that impressive even from a gameplay standpoint.

Ryu is superhuman, or as superhuman as a superhuman ninja can be. And he's above Gorgon and Deathstroke's level. Play the Ninja Gaiden games. =3

"Easily one of the top tier characters, Ryu Hayabusa is stated as being the most powerful ninja in the world, hence his nickname "the Singular Super Ninja". This is further exemplified by his exploits where he defeated his toughest foe, a being of omnipotent nature, the Supreme Deity.

Ryu's ongoing rigorous training from childhood augmented with his bloodline's ties to ancient evil deities have shaped him into a powerhouse warrior. Physically conditioned Ryu's speed and acrobatic skills are beyond exceptional, and while his strength may not be as immense as those of fiendish bloodlines, it is strong enough to wield hefty weapons and still maintain his agility. Cognitively he is a tactical fighter and highly calculative in battle. His skills in hand to hand combat and weaponry are at the master level, particularly his swordsmanship skill.  Due to his level of mastery, Ryu is often seen using his weapons at their peak physical limit, often requiring the services of a legendary blacksmith to upgrade his weapons past these limitations.

Ryu specializes in a martial art known as Hayabusa style Ninjutsu and his main weapon is the Dragon Sword, a powerful relic passed down from generation to generation, this is his signature weapon. Although the Dragon Sword was not original his, Ryu tasked with safeguarding it during the Dark Dragon Blade Incident, proved his worthiness by demonstrating his proficiency and valor with the sword, allowing his father to proudly part with it and continue the tradition of passing it down his lineage."

Trained intensely from childhood in the ways of Hayabusa Ninjutsu, Ryu had to adapt to survive the harsh ninja life and live up to a birth right placed upon him. Eventually he earned the right to bear the Hayabusa clan legacy in his name and excelled as a top student amongst his peers, gaining skills and abilities that are signature of the Hayabusa Clan Ninja. 

• Agility: Moving swiftly at high speeds Ryu leaves after images of himself while dodging attacks, taking out enemies in a blink of an eye, and even moving fast enough to block bullets from multiple automatic assault rifles from all sides, considered faster than bullet time. Ryu has managed to achieve light speed, and reflexes few supernatural beings are able to match, resulting from do or die confrontation against quick foes.
  • Stealth: Ryu's ability to infiltrate many areas, observe undetected from afar and sneak up on enemies undetected. This skill is mostly used in cutscenes for cinematic purposes. Ryu has an option to use this ability on some enemies in Ninja Gaiden 3 rather than fight them head on.
  • Acrobatics: Another Hayabusa ninja skill, this skill enables Ryu to use his ninja acrobatics to move around environments, reaching places that would normally be unreachable by others. He is also able to land in such a way that he is unharmed from drops of great heights.
  • Heighten Senses: Honed from childhood each of Ryu's 5 senses have become highly acute, most notable are his ability to feel displacements through the air, focus his eyes to zoom into targets from afar and detect the sound of slight footsteps in the midst of being near a body of running water.
  • Ninja Sense: A 6th sense possessed by the ninja, allowing them to sense potential enemies and dangers around them, often guiding them in a direction towards a main objective.
  • Hand to Hand: One of the world's top hand to hand combatants, Ryu has proven his skill when he won the second DOA tournament by defeating the Tengu of Destruction in hand to hand combat, preventing the world from being plunged further into chaos by the god like creature.
  • Weapon Master: Ryu is most proficient with the katana, a Samurai skill assimilated into the Hayabusa clan and mixed with ninja acrobatics, but he has mastered many other weapons as well, quickly becoming skilled with any new weapon he picks up. Often pushing the weapons to their physical limits, requiring the skill weapon smith Muramasa, to upgrade these weapons so he may push the boundaries even further.
  • Ki Manipulation: Through intense meditation and spiritual training Ryu has gained the ability to manipulate the laws of nature with his mind, appearing as magic to those out of tune with the universe, this ninja art is known as ninpo and techniques for them are usually found written in ancient scrolls or passed down from generation to generation.
  • Regeneration: Being more in tune with the spiritual side, Ryu has developed a higher than usual spiritual life force or health. By manipulating this spiritual life, Ryu is able to regenerate from wounds that would otherwise be injurious or fatal, such as a slice through the jugular or a stab through a vital organ like the heart. Thus a higher durability and endurance than the average human, this endurance is increased further with the Life of the Gods. Once his spiritual health is depleted he would be unable to heal from wounds, however health can be replenished with the aid of elixirs, herbs, blue essences and Dragon Statues. The full extent of this ability is unknown, in the most extreme case Ryu has managed hold his body together and come back to life after being dismembered from shoulder to hip by Doku via the Dark Dragon Blade early on during the Dark Dragon Blade Incident.
  • Spiritual Life Regeneration: After the Dark Dragon Blade Incident Ryu learned to regenerate a portion his spiritual life by concentrating to focus his energy after battles and gain some of his lost spiritual life back. Other non Ninja and non Super Ninja characters have learned this technique or a similar ability as well, such as Momiji under Ryu's tutelage sometime during the 6 months after the Dark Dragon Blade Incident and Rachel sometime during the 1 year after the said incident.

That's not including his "techniques."

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Dark Cloud™: I've played some Ninja Gaiden games( played and beat the 2nd of the newer ones, and played all the of the original NES ones). You didn't need to post his bio. :/

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Decoy Elite said:

@Dark Cloud™: I've played some Ninja Gaiden games( played and beat the 2nd of the newer ones, and played all the of the original NES ones). You didn't need to post his bio. :/

I didn't post the bio, just his abilities. And I wasn't aware that you've played them. But no worries.
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Decoy Elite said:

I didn't post the bio, just his abilities. And I wasn't aware that you've played them. But no worries.

It's as long as some bios. :V

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@Decoy Elite said:

@Dark Cloud™ said:

@Decoy Elite said:

It's as long as some bios. :V

Lol, I know. You should see the ones I wrote for my custom RP characters. Those are pretty long, too.
Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Team 1