#1 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

How strong is the Post-Retcon Beyonder? What opponents would make for good matches with him?

#2 Posted by AngryHulks (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough to toss thousands of planets around by a simple gesture.

#3 Edited by JohnnyZ256 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

So, he could definitely defeat Thanos, Darkseid, Silver Surfer, etc.?

#4 Posted by dondave (37550 posts) - - Show Bio

So, he could definitely defeat Thanos, Darkseid, Silver Surfer, etc.?

Yes

#5 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

In an older thread someone commented that Thanos beats all Post-Retcon Beyonders. Maybe that was Thanos with the IG.

#6 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought I put this thread in general discussion.

#7 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Post-Retcon? Seems like he could beat Eternity or the Phoenix.

#9 Posted by pooty (11187 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnnyz256:

Nuff said.

That is PRE-retcon Beyonder. This is Post Retcon Beyonder.

In an older thread someone commented that Thanos beats all Post-Retcon Beyonders. Maybe that was Thanos with the IG.

Thanos beat one version of Post Retcon Beyonder with no IG. The Beyonder was called "The Maker." The last time I saw Beyonder was the Inhuman Beyonder in "The Illuminati" comics. He created his own little reality complete with heroes, villains etc. I would still put him above Galactus.

#10 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

the maker form which the beyonder took, was a mortal form, and was holding him back, greatly.

to answer the thread:

Cube beyonder was able to cause trans multiversal wide destruction in his battle with the molecule man.

Inhuman mutant beyonder had the power to remake all of creation in one billionth of a second.

Both of those are post-secret wars retcon.

#11 Edited by JwwProd (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Cube Beyonder is arguably a few levels below Galactus.

Inhuman Beyonder is most likely a few levels below the Spectre.

#12 Posted by pooty (11187 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: the maker form which the beyonder took, was a mortal form, and was holding him back, greatly

The Maker form was mortal but where did it say mortality made him greatly weaker?

#13 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty:

Thanos stated that being mortal makes her more vulnerable. Also, that's the main reason why thanos didn't kill her but rather shut down her mind, because he knew that if he killed her, Beyonder would be unleashed on the universe. So she was holding him back. Plus, Beyonder's bio at marvunapp even says that she only had a fraction of Beyonder's true abilities

#14 Posted by pooty (11187 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

Supposedly he retconned himself, so this would mean pre- and post- retconn are same power level.

#16 Posted by King Saturn (224210 posts) - - Show Bio

It would have to be limitless