Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Teams:

DC

Dick Grayson (Pre N52) - Standard Nightwing Suit, Escrima Sticks

Jason Todd (N52) - Standard Red Hood Suit, Kris, Twin Custom Pistols, Combat Knife, Batarangs

Green Arrow (Ollie, Pre N52) - Standard Green Arrow Suit, Bow/ Quiver with 25 arrows (15 normal/10 trick), sword

Marvel

Daredevil (616) - Standard Daredevil Suit, Billy Clubs

Moon Knight (616, Vengeance of the Moon Knight) - Carbonadium Moon Knight Suit, Twin Custom Pistols, Truncheon, Crescent Darts

Hawkeye (616) - Standard Hawkeye Suit, Bow/Quiver with 25 arrows (15 normal/10 trick) , Sword

IDW

Shredder (IDW) - Standard Shredder Suit, Sword

Snake-Eyes (Omni) Standard Suit, Onihashi Blade, Uzi, Pistol, Throwing Knives, 3 frag grenades

Storm Shadow (Omni) Standard Suit, Twin Onihashi Blades, Shurikens, Bow/Quiver with 30 normal arrows

Rules:

- All combatants in character

- Begin on opposite sides of the map not in view of each other, but knowing the general direction of enemies.

- Win by KO, Death, or Incapacitation

- Each team gets 30 minutes and a very brief and vague description of the opposing teams.

Setting:

Here, at night. Lit by a full moon and torch light, no clouds.
Here, at night. Lit by a full moon and torch light, no clouds.

WHO WINS?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

IDW. In my opinion

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sacredweapons

If snake eyes gets cloak Idw if not Dc. Dc has a rep of making humans superhuman. And marvel wont be out quick but they dont win. Dc is stronger than idw but speed is about the same. So if snake eyes gets suit they win.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IDW.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MonsterStomp

@sacredweapons said:

If snake eyes gets cloak Idw if not Dc. Dc has a rep of making humans superhuman. And marvel wont be out quick but they dont win. Dc is stronger than idw but speed is about the same. So if snake eyes gets suit they win.

Snake Eyes doesn't need a stealth suit. The dude has disappeared right in front of a group of gunmen. Outright blitzed a room full of henchmen teleporting all over the place or so it seemed (stealth is usually depicted as teleportation). The only person he can't creep up on is Daredevil due to Radar sense.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By OreoAssassin

Marvel

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By serrure

man Hawkeye is supremely nerfed here

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lunacyde  Moderator

@monsterstomp:

Yeah, Snake-Eyes has never even had a stealth suit so I'm not sure what he was referencing.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lunacyde  Moderator
serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: well come to think of it so is Green Arrow. what makes both of the archers so deadly is the versatility that their trick arrows provide. by nerfing how many they have you take away their strongest attribute.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@serrure said:

@lunacyde: well come to think of it so is Green Arrow. what makes both of the archers so deadly is the versatility that their trick arrows provide. by nerfing how many they have you take away their strongest attribute.

Edited...they each have 15 trick arrows now. That should be sufficient.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jmarshmallow
comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

IDW...

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:
@serrure said:

Edited...they each have 15 trick arrows now. That should be sufficient.

that makes them far more valuable to their team. I see Marvel winning than IDW, followed by DC.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lunacyde  Moderator

@serrure:

Looks like you disagree with some of the other posters....maybe you guys should debate!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

Their strongest attribute is their accuracy. I think 5 trick arrows can turn the tide a lot, especially if most of the other combatants will be focused elsewhere.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: thats a good idea.

<<<<< this guy is taking any and all challengers. :P

lol but seriously Daredevils Radar Sense is gonna give the Marvel team an immunity to stealth attacks, that combined with Hawkeyes accuracy (the best here) give marvel a solid advantage over the rest

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lunacyde  Moderator

@serrure said:

lol but seriously Daredevils Radar Sense is gonna give the Marvel team an immunity to stealth attacks, that combined with Hawkeyes accuracy (the best here) give marvel a solid advantage over the rest

I don't know that Hawkeye is any more accurate than Green Arrow, and Storm Shadow is no slouch either.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

Their strongest attribute is their accuracy. I think 5 trick arrows can turn the tide a lot, especially if most of the other combatants will be focused elsewhere.

their strongest attribute is the versatility they bring. anyone here can dodge an arrow fired, no matter how accurate it is fired. but the versatility provided by the trick arrows will be more than enough to switch the tide. Im thinking Putty Arrow causes most damage here.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By comicace3

@lunacyde said:

@serrure said:

I don't know that Hawkeye is any more accurate than Green Arrow, and Storm Shadow is no slouch either.

Which is why I said IDW. They have the accuracy and if they get up close, Martial arts ability that can rival the others and give them the win. I'll debate with anyone tomorrow about it.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lunacyde  Moderator
comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The battle is at nightime, I think that gives even more of an edge to Daredevil. Nobody can sneak up on him or land a hot on him but he has the added benefit of being totally unaffected by the dark, meanwhile everyone else would need to strain themselves to see. Also Hawkeye has the most chance of landing a hit, he can curve arrows 180°, meaning he can shoot at someone knowing they will dodge it and then curve it to hit them in the back when they don't expect it. Nobody expects an arrow to boomerang back so they wouldn't be expecting to dodge it. Marvel, IDW, DC

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure said:

@monsterstomp said:

@serrure said:

their strongest attribute is the versatility they bring. anyone here can dodge an arrow fired, no matter how accurate it is fired. but the versatility provided by the trick arrows will be more than enough to switch the tide. Im thinking Putty Arrow causes most damage here.

Not really. If you're a professional marksman, I expect they'd be skilled enough to anticipate their opponent. Plus they can fire more than one arrow at a time and even rapid fire them machinegun like. I still think 5 trick arrows would be a tide changer, 15 trick arrows would solidify it, imo.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Why no Transformers on the IDW side?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh heh I like how you compare them to Supes and Thor

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

The battle is at nightime, I think that gives even more of an edge to Daredevil. Nobody can sneak up on him or land a hot on him but he has the added benefit of being totally unaffected by the dark, meanwhile everyone else would need to strain themselves to see. Also Hawkeye has the most chance of landing a hit, he can curve arrows 180°, meaning he can shoot at someone knowing they will dodge it and then curve it to hit them in the back when they don't expect it. Nobody expects an arrow to boomerang back so they wouldn't be expecting to dodge it. Marvel, IDW, DC

Many of the other players here have enhanced senses and the ability to operate in the dark as well.

Since when can Hawkeye curve arrows 180 degrees and when/where was this established? It still won't likely matter considering the senses and skill of nearly everyone here.

For example.

Snake-Eyes catches an arrow he wasn't even aware was coming.
Snake-Eyes catches an arrow he wasn't even aware was coming.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Snake-Eyes catches multiple arrows without being able to see them until the last fraction of a second.
Snake-Eyes catches multiple arrows without being able to see them until the last fraction of a second.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: I'm at college once I get home I'll post scans of Hawkeye curving arrows. But to your scans, I'm not saying snake eyes couldn't dodge or catch an arrow, but

1. If Snake Eyes did catch an arrow Hawkeye could change to an explosive trick arrow next time, he's very adaptive in the way he fights.

2. If Snake Eyes just dodges it and Hawkeye curves it back to hit him he won't dodge it. Think of it like this, if he heard the arrow last second approaching him and he dodged it, he would still hear it behind him, but think nothing of it because he would assume that arrow is no longer a threat because he already dodged it. He wouldn't expect it to curve back to him, so even though he COULD sense it he wouldn't react to dodge it a second time. I'll also post a scan of Hawkeye's adaptability

NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: I wasn't being sarcastic. I like that you put Transformers with high tier comic characters. I was just dissappointed someone made an IDW thread without them

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uugieboogie
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lunacyde  Moderator

@monsterstomp: I wasn't being sarcastic. I like that you put Transformers with high tier comic characters. I was just dissappointed someone made an IDW thread without them

The title clearly states street level characters. Sorry, the Transformers would have been out of these guys leagues.

@lunacyde: I'm at college once I get home I'll post scans of Hawkeye curving arrows. But to your scans, I'm not saying snake eyes couldn't dodge or catch an arrow, but

1. If Snake Eyes did catch an arrow Hawkeye could change to an explosive trick arrow next time, he's very adaptive in the way he fights.

2. If Snake Eyes just dodges it and Hawkeye curves it back to hit him he won't dodge it. Think of it like this, if he heard the arrow last second approaching him and he dodged it, he would still hear it behind him, but think nothing of it because he would assume that arrow is no longer a threat because he already dodged it. He wouldn't expect it to curve back to him, so even though he COULD sense it he wouldn't react to dodge it a second time. I'll also post a scan of Hawkeye's adaptability

Until I see evidence of this I'm going to say no, he can't do that.

1. Snake-Eyes is a master tactician and has heightened perceptions. He also knows that Hawkeye carries such arrows as per OP rules. He will be looking for just such a tactic and plan accordingly. He doesn't have to catch the arrows, he can cut, dodge, etc.

2. Snake-Eyes isn't stupid. If he hears an incoming arrow from behind he isn't going to just disregard it.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sacredweapons

@lunacyde: Wait wut. I might be quoting the movie. And if I am then forget what I just said because I wont be able to give an acurate depiction of what might happen.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: if he catches the arrow it would explode in his hand

If he cuts the arrow it would explode

If he dodges it it would come back and hit him from behind*

I don't really see anything else you can do to an arrow, maybe shoot it out of the air but I don't know if Snake Eyes has ever proved he can do that

*back to this, think of t this way. When you witness a car coming towards you, you get out of the way of the car. It zooms by you and you car still hear it behind you. Although you hear it behind you, you dismiss it as a threat because you already moved out of the way of it, you wouldn't expect the car to 180 and come back. You know it's there but you dismiss it. That would happen with the arrow. He would be aware the arrow passed him and is behind him, but he wouldn't be expecting it to U-turn and come hit him in te back. He would pass off the noise of the arrow as an already avoided threat and be caught off guard. Now I think the only thing left to do is show you the scan which I can provide in about an hour or 2

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: Wait wut. I might be quoting the movie. And if I am then forget what I just said because I wont be able to give an acurate depiction of what might happen.

That's what I thought.

Side note: Hawkeye can't curve arrows in the movie either. He used the high speed winds at that altitude to curve that arrow. He could not do so in a normal situation.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By AllStarSuperman

IDW or DC, depending mostly on GA's use of trick arrows.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lunacyde  Moderator
comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By comicace3

@serrure watchya got!? I think my team wins cuz they got the accuracy and the martial arts skill to whoop your candy a$$! Bring it @allstarsuperman!

@lunacyde You used ma favorite scans!

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RootsUnderdog
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@lunacyde: Here are the scans of Hawkeye curving arrows 180 degrees. He can also ricochet them off surfaces and send them back. That scan is actually what would happen, he thought the arrow missed and wouldn't expect it to come back for him.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lunacyde  Moderator

@rootsunderdog:

Who is the guy in the third scan? What makes him comparable to any of the characters in this thread who are actually all considerable street level characters? Tagging a nobody with a ricochet isn't a feat that proves you can tag street level elite fighters.

As for the first and the second scans, that is fine and dandy against random goons and fodder, but characters in this fight are fast enough to react to arrows and tactical enough to deal with that kind of situation. I still don't see how this gives him any kind of victory in this fight.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The setting gives Daredevil a solid edge, and Moon Knight's insane pain tolerance is going to be hard to overcome.

But I see at least one of the IDW being the last man standing, but I don't think all of them will be by the end of it.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Lunacyde  Moderator

@tyger said:

The setting gives Daredevil a solid edge, and Moon Knight's insane pain tolerance is going to be hard to overcome.

But I see at least one of the IDW being the last man standing, but I don't think all of them will be by the end of it.

It gives Daredevil a very small edge. Many of these characters utilize stealth extensively and fight at night predominantly. Yes, his senses are much stronger than anyone else's here, but when has fighting at night hindered Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Storm Shadow, Shredder etc?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Jason oneshots

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

IDW, and Marvel and DC 50/50 for second place.

RootsUnderdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: nobody in comics expects an arrow to turn around and hit them from behind. You're not listening to reason you're just sticking what what you're saying. I understand your point, everyone here is capable of dodging an arrow. They would detect an arrow coming from behind as well. But they wouldn't dodge an arrow, then turn around to be sure the arrow isn't coming back. That makes no sense because nobody here, to my knowledge, has ever experienced an arrow that turned around to hit them again.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lunacyde  Moderator

Jason oneshots

Bahahahahahahaha nice try.

@lunacyde: nobody in comics expects an arrow to turn around and hit them from behind. You're not listening to reason you're just sticking what what you're saying. I understand your point, everyone here is capable of dodging an arrow. They would detect an arrow coming from behind as well. But they wouldn't dodge an arrow, then turn around to be sure the arrow isn't coming back. That makes no sense because nobody here, to my knowledge, has ever experienced an arrow that turned around to hit them again.

No, I hear you loud and clear. I am listening perfectly well, I am sticking to what I am saying because it is stupid to think that someone who can catch arrows just by hearing them is going to disregard an arrow they can plainly hear coming at them. That is the thing about hearing, it's omni-directional, so even if he isn't looking that way he can hear it coming at him. They don't have to turn around to see if the arrow is coming back because they can hear it. There is also the fact that they are not going to be just standing still like the goons in the scans you posted and tagging any of these guys in the open is going to be near impossible.

Your entire argument is based upon one ridiculous point. Show me it working against someone with any modicum of skill and then you may have an argument.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking IDW takes this.