• 132 results
darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkseid1006

So i have tried a tourney before but i had too not continue with it and was inactive for a good amount of time, i have no intentions of doing that this time round.

The Tourney

The idea is that you will get a 3 person team and will be pitted against a other debater and their team to be the first to accomplish a certain mission or series of tasks.

The tasks/missions will be simple concepts but i plan to add my own twist on them e.g.

1. All combatants will be stripped of weapons/tech/armors and dropped in a large location. Each team will be given a map with marked locations of where they can regain their equipment and will be shown a general radius (about 10 miles x 10 miles) of where their opponent could be and will also be told the locations of specific hideouts/bases where they can set up and hide over night. At night some sort of hunter will appear and search for combatants, i'm thinking about 8 or so Flood infected Spartan's (halo 1-3- infection) and a couple more Flood (halo 4- Flood) or something, but will have certain locations hidden from their immediate knowledge- they will however attack and locate you if you where to give your position away. If a team is to stay in 1 location for over 24 hours they Flood will locate them so each team needs to keep on the move. Every night the amount of Flood will increase to prevent simply staying out of the fight and the battle is won once all of the opponents team are either killed or incapacitated.
  2. That is a scenario that would most likely remain unused until the finals but others will include objectives such as these. One team will be given the job of protecting a VIP and the other will be given the job of assassinating/capturing (depending on morals) the VIP. They will have 48 hours in total to do it, including preparation (tactical preparation from a specific location without any other tech par their standard equipment). The protectors will however have a certain supply of tech (i will decide what that is based on the teams but it will not be OP) and will have a extra 12 hours to ready defenses and have strategic talks about placement and the like. Likewise i may also do a scenario where they are trying to defend a treasure or something from being stolen.
  3. Basic capture the flag- each team will be given 1-3 flags to defend and the first team to capture and bring back a certain number of the opponents flags will be the victor.
  4. You get the idea its just general missions. I plan to add in variables to make it more difficult such as if you are spotted then automatic sentry guns will open fire or overnight you will need to reach a safe house etc.

Limitations

Each person gets 3 picks

1 meta/enhanced human and 2 street levelers. Seeing as you don't know what the challenges will be i suggest picking a well rounded team with a mix of stealth, tech, power, versatility, skill, range, and close quarters. Teamwork does count but even if you have rivals they will not fight each other or completely disregard the mission however the effectiveness of the team is greatly hindered and it near completely negates any team based strategy.

Meta-human limitations

• Guideline characters are Black Panther, Wolverine, Cassandra Cain, etc.
  • Powers are allowed but they can't make it too difficult to defeat. Essentially if for some reason they are within the limits but this particular ability makes it too difficult for a meta-human to handle they will not be allowed. e.g. Maverick's low level kinetic energy absorption would be allowed but if someone was to have a high degree of it it would prevent characters from dealing with them. If you want a character with a power run it by me first.
  • All get standard gear as long as it does not exceed gear limitations (if you want a specific characters tech but they are street level and have restrictions you can take them as your meta-human e.g. if you had Batman as a street level character he would only be allowed the most basic of equipment like his grapple, standard baterangs, etc. but if you where to use him as a meta-human pick he could have most his utility belt equipment like exploding baterand, sonic grenades, hard-light gun, etc.). If you want something other than standard tech like Blue desthstroke then run it by me and i'll see about it.
  • Speed around Black Panther level but below Spider-Man (yeah i know it's not specific but i couldn't think of a good range and i may have to say no to people if they appear to fast)
  • Strength about 6-8 tons range
  • Any destruction based powers cannot exceed strength of a grenade e.g. Cyclops' blasts would not be able to hit with any more force than a grenade exploding (Cyclops is still not allowed)
  • Durability- at best bullets should just about penetrate them but they can have the endurance to continue. Essentially cannot withstand more than 2-4 gunshots before being injured (does not apply if a certain part of their body is different e.g. if they had a metal arm that is not restricted and Wolverine's claws would keep the durability)
  • Healing factor- can regenerate lost limbs/cuts/gashes etc. at normal rate but a "fatal wound" like piercing a lung or cutting organs will take time and if say they where to have lots of organs damaged or a wound to either the brain or the heart they would die. Essentially limbs and stuff will heal organs will take time (depending on the severity anywhere from 10 mins to hours) and any true fatal attacks to major organs or just lots of other organs will not heal and will kill them.
  • Telepathy/mental powers restricted to 1 person at a time mind reading and can't include metal assaults or make a character impossible to tag etc. e.g. Gorgon's TP
  • Even if your character "supposedly" fits all limits if i feel he will not be beaten by people on this level or that he for some reason is too powerful i will not allow them.

Street level limitations

• We all know these ones i'm talking Batman (limited tech), Nightwing, Lady Shiva, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Green Arrow, etc.
  • Standard tech (only basic) that will be within the limits of tech limitations.

Tech limitations- Meta-human

• Armors can withstand a decent amount of gunfire but can not be fully bullet proof and if i feel the armor is too OP it will either be weakened or restricted to covering a smaller amount of the body.
  • Small defenses do not have a durability limit e.g. a energy shield that only covers a certain area on body or Captain America's shield type items
  • If your character has used a large array of weaponry you can pick his gear but it can not be over the limits
  • Destructive capacity is RPG or rocket launcher level (splash damage only. If you where to use a sniper with better armor piercing capabilities that does not count. Basically controlled damage is more lenient but you are still restricted to within reason)
  • Specialized equipment is allowed such as sonic weaponry, ice, thermal, etc.
  • Force fields can be moderately bullet proof but will not last against a powerful weapon shot like a rocket, grenade, or powerful sniper round. It will also deplete under constant or heavy fire from standard weapons. Think a Spartan's shields from halo video games.
  • Invisibility tech is allowed but can not be completely undetectable e.g. sound will not be muffled, will still show up on radar, blurred, etc.
  • Teleportation tech is limited- Can only be used over a max distance of 25m and can not be used for telfrags
  • Radars are allowed but they will be game type radars where you only see them when they are within a 50m radius. If they take a shot at you they will still ping on radar regardless of if their over the distance but it will only be a general direction not exact location.
  • I think you get the idea but if you want to know something about tech then speak to me and i'll think about it or tell you.

Perks (10 points)

• Perfect teamwork (8 points)- characters will still have morals and remain in character
  • Morals off (8 points)
  • 1 force field (6 points)- max limit
  • Selected weaponry (5 points)- cannot exceed limitations on gear- choose 2 weapons outside of characters standard gear e.g. sniper, RPG/rocket launcher, specific blade like a Murumassa or something. All weapons will have full ammo with extra clips depending on power. You can choose specialized ammo too such as a couple clips of adamantium bullets or healing factor negating bullets
  • Advanced knowledge (4 points)- all members of a team will be given advanced knowledge on all their opponents and will be granted extra knowledge on certain aspects of a map
  • 1 cloaking device (3 points)- can cloak a character from 1 of 3 things- 1. sight 2. radar/motion sensors 3. Sound detection including hearing, basically it prevents sound.
  • Extra ammo (2 points)- doubles the amount of ammo all members of your team have for weapons (this includes any weapons that are battery/energy/charge based)

Picks so far... (0 spaces left)

joewell

• Meta- Gouto from Parasite
  • Street- Pyrrha Nikos and Delsin Rowe
  • Perks- Morals off (8) and extra ammo (2)

stardustcrusader- (Checking/validating)

• Meta- Medusa (soul eater)
  • Street- Green Arrow (new-52) and Mamoru Hijikata
  • Perks- Perfect teamwork (8) and extra ammo (2)

banthabot

• Meta- Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero)
  • Street- John Wick (John Wick)
  • Street- Hit-Girl (Kick-ass movies/comics)
  • Perks- Extra Ammo, 1 cloaking device, advanced knowledge

attackonshahbaz (validating)

• Meta- Gambit
  • Street- Bullseye and Nightwing
  • Perks- Weaponry? (5) and Advanced knowledge (4)

Shelock

• Meta- Clarie (bacanno)
  • Street- Link (no OP items just stats) and Kirito
  • Perks- Advance knowledge (4) Weaponry (5)

Me

• Meta- Master Chief (shield limited)
  • Street- Agent Zero (no vibrainium suit) and Deadshot
  • Perks- Advanced knowledge (4), 1 cloaking device (3), and extra ammo (2)

Slightlessreality (reserved)
Frisky4 (reserved)

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joewell911

@darkseid1006: Nice bro! I'll edit my full team into this comment in a minute, but dibs on Gotou and Edward Elric for now.

Edit:

Meta Street: Gouto from Parasyte.

Street: Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Delsin Rowe from Infamous Second Son.

Perks: Morals off (8), Extra ammo (2).

Will the Extra Ammo count for weapons built into ones body? Delsin needs to recharge his powers every so often, so would my Extra Ammo perk give him more of the materials he needs to do so?

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darkseid1006

@joewell said:

@darkseid1006: Nice bro! I'll edit my full team into this comment in a minute, but dibs on Gotou and Edward Elric for now.

Edit:

Meta Street: Gouto from Parasyte.

Street: Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist and Delsin Rowe from Infamous Second Son.

Perks: Morals off (8), Extra ammo (2).

Will the Extra Ammo count for weapons built into ones body? Delsin needs to recharge his powers every so often, so would my Extra Ammo perk give him more of the materials he needs to do so?

Let me check up on 2 of them.

Yes extra ammo does cover that.

Is this Edward from FMAB or FMA? because my gut feeling is that FMAB Edward may be a bit OP for street level after all he morphs the ground into huge arms and stuff as well as his destruction alchemy that he copies of Scar.

I have done some research on Gotou but i still want to know some things...
1. What is his best speed feat
2. Does he have a healing factor? if so how good?
3. Do the parasites give him any other special powers apart from shapeshifting?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: I was gonna use Composite Edward. I wouldn't say he's OP, because a street leveler could beat him. The destruction alchemy is only good at close range anyways.

1. Gotou is an aim dodger. It's specifically state he is not faster than a bullet, but he is able to take down groups of armed forces in seconds.

2. He has a healing factor of pretty great levels. He can heal from bullet wounds and limb removal. But it's said he would die from decapitation and has a weakness to fire.

3. It allows him to make blades and shields from his arms, gives him increased stats, and forms armor around him.

Here, lemme give you a video of a fight of his-https://youtu.be/d2dJjRfzP6g

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006:

I will consider joining. I am in two other tournaments already but I have so much free time that it really doesn't matter

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darkseid1006

@joewell said:

@darkseid1006: I was gonna use Composite Edward. I wouldn't say he's OP, because a street leveler could beat him. The destruction alchemy is only good at close range anyways.

1. Gotou is an aim dodger. It's specifically state he is not faster than a bullet, but he is able to take down groups of armed forces in seconds.

2. He has a healing factor of pretty great levels. He can heal from bullet wounds and limb removal. But it's said he would die from decapitation and has a weakness to fire.

3. It allows him to make blades and shields from his arms, gives him increased stats, and forms armor around him.

Here, lemme give you a video of a fight of his-https://youtu.be/d2dJjRfzP6g

A street leveler can beat Wolverine or Deathstroke but it does not mean they are street level themselves.

Anyway yeah i think Gotou is a solid pick. But when he armors up how durable is he? as in if he was to take a bullet would it effect him?

However Ed's alchemy too me seems to put him a bit up from most street level characters. Especially in a tourney that will revolve around securing locations and attacking secure locations his powers allow too much advantages for him and disadvantages for the other team. I think his control of the environment might be too much of a advantage for a meta-human due to how the missions will be.

Sorry but i don't see Ed as being suitable for street level.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: Darn. Ok. I'll take Pyrrha Nikos from RWBY in his place. She has magnetism and great fighting skills.

That video was him fully armored. It's inside of his skin, so you can't see it.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006:

hmm.. i'm not sure... i have too much to take right now for CaVs ...

would shendu be too much for your metahuman?

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god- im not sure who he is... what type of powers n stats has he got and to what degree?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Also iv been checking on Delsin and i'm not sure he's within the limits of street either. Street levelers generally do no have powers but Delsin's abilities to shapeshift into smoke and neon and well as manipulate concrete. The idea of street level characters is no powers or very limited powers like invisibility or something not these types.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ssj_god

@darkseid1006 said:

@ssj_god- im not sure who he is... what type of powers n stats has he got and to what degree?

a dragon (a magical demon).. alive for 900+ years

enhanced strength (10 tons or so)

enhanced speed/agility (supersonic+)

telekinesis (15-20 tons or so)

regeneration/healing

eye blast (can blast through wall)

pyrokinesis (can blast an armored vehicle)

invisibility

flight

reanimation (can animate objects)

shape shifting (can change into animals only)

astral projection (useless for battle.. his soul can only take a stroll out of his body, leaving it completely exposed)

inner balance (useless for battle aswell)

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By darkseid1006

@ssj_god said:

@darkseid1006 said:

a dragon (a magical demon).. alive for 900+ years

enhanced strength (10 tons or so)

enhanced speed/agility (supersonic +)

telekinesis (15-20 tons or so)*

regeneration/healing

eye blast (can blast through wall)

pyrokinesis (can blast an armored vehicle)

invisibility

flight*

reanimation (can animate objects)*

shape shifting (can change into animals only)*

astral projection (useless for battle.. his soul can only take a stroll out of his body, leaving it completely exposed)*

inner balance (useless for battle aswell)*

The ones highlighted are not allowed. Shape shifting i would have to say no too- if it was making his arm a sword or something id have been good but shifting into a different being is a bit off Meta-human. Telekinesis is about 3 times the lifting limit of the tourney.

Strength at 10 tons could slide but i'd say it depends on other picks (he would only be capped to the max 8 tons).

Also how good is this healing because it does have to be in the levels i mentioned e.g. heart and brain injuries= death, organs= time (5 mins - hours depending on severity), gashes/bruises/limbs and the like regenerate at normal rate.

When you say supersonic you mean easy bullet timer and not he moves faster than sound right?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Joewell911

@darkseid1006 said:

@joewell: Also iv been checking on Delsin and i'm not sure he's within the limits of street either. Street levelers generally do no have powers but Delsin's abilities to shapeshift into smoke and neon and well as manipulate concrete. The idea of street level characters is no powers or very limited powers like invisibility or something not these types.

Does he actually break any limits or do you not just like him because he has powers? Powers are just like gear, but built into his body. And none of his powers allow him to break the rules, so I don't underdstand the problem.

Edit: Also, could you make my name in the OP not a tag? I get a notification every time you edit.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ssj_god

@darkseid1006:

pass it then.. i think you meant a little lower level than that :D

how good is this healing because it does have to be in the levels i mentioned e.g. heart and brain injuries= death, organs= time (5 mins - hours depending on severity), gashes/bruises/limbs and the like regenerate at normal rate.

got a blow into his torso.... a hole was inflicted right at the center of his chest (an american football can pass through the hole)... it got regenerated in few seconds.. and looked like he didn't even felt it XD

When you say supersonic you mean easy bullet timer and not he moves faster than sound right?

i'm not talking about reaction.. his actual speed (i.e he can even travel at that speed) is supersonic+

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@darkseid1006 said:

Does he actually break any limits or do you not just like him because he has powers? Powers are just like gear, but built into his body. And none of his powers allow him to break the rules, so I don't underdstand the problem.

Good point. Id be okay with the powers par shapeshifting. Delsin has to stay in his normal form as becoming smoke or neon is too OP.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: He can only do those things in short burst. It's more of a dash than anything else. It's not a continuos thing, plus he needs to recharge after doing it a lot. Still need to be nerfed?

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@darkseid1006: He can only do those things in short burst. It's more of a dash than anything else. It's not a continuos thing, plus he needs to recharge after doing it a lot. Still need to be nerfed?

Yeah sorry i would say so. His other attacks you could pull of as just gear like but that gives him a decisive edge in most scenario's. Also is that Kimberly on your profile pic?

StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006:

Meta: Medusa(Soul Eater)

Street: Mamoru Hijikata; Green Arrow(NU52)

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By darkseid1006

@stardustcrusader said:

@darkseid1006:

Meta: Medusa(Soul Eater)

Street: Mamoru Hijikata; Green Arrow(NU52)

Green Arrow's defiantly in limits but let me just check the other 2 and what about perks?

StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell said:

@darkseid1006 said:

Edit: Also, could you make my name in the OP not a tag? I get a notification every time you edit.

Please?

Yeah sorry i would say so. His other attacks you could pull of as just gear like but that gives him a decisive edge in most scenario's. Also is that Kimberly on your profile pic?

And yes it is btw.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

@darkseid1006: appreciate the shout out my man, but my plate is overflowing at the moment. Some other time.....I would be more interested to get to our long overdue CaV first.....kinda losin interest in tourneys to be honest.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, I just don't have the time right now. It's looking good though.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump, i'm hoping to add myself in but i want to see who other people choose before i take a pick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@banthabot: Guideline characters are Black Panther, Wolverine, Cassandra Cain, etc.

Powers are allowed but they can't make it too difficult to defeat. Essentially if for some reason they are within the limits but this particular ability makes it too difficult for a meta-human to handle they will not be allowed. e.g. Maverick's low level kinetic energy absorption would be allowed but if someone was to have a high degree of it it would prevent characters from dealing with them. If you want a character with a power run it by me first.

All get standard gear as long as it does not exceed gear limitations (if you want a specific characters tech but they are street level and have restrictions you can take them as your meta-human e.g. if you had Batman as a street level character he would only be allowed the most basic of equipment like his grapple, standard baterangs, etc. but if you where to use him as a meta-human pick he could have most his utility belt equipment like exploding baterand, sonic grenades, hard-light gun, etc.). If you want something other than standard tech like Blue desthstroke then run it by me and i'll see about it.

Speed around Black Panther level but below Spider-Man (yeah i know it's not specific but i couldn't think of a good range and i may have to say no to people if they appear to fast)

Strength about 6-8 tons range

Any destruction based powers cannot exceed strength of a grenade e.g. Cyclops' blasts would not be able to hit with any more force than a grenade exploding (Cyclops is still not allowed)

Durability- at best bullets should just about penetrate them but they can have the endurance to continue. Essentially cannot withstand more than 2-4 gunshots before being injured (does not apply if a certain part of their body is different e.g. if they had a metal arm that is not restricted and Wolverine's claws would keep the durability)

Healing factor- can regenerate lost limbs/cuts/gashes etc. at normal rate but a "fatal wound" like piercing a lung or cutting organs will take time and if say they where to have lots of organs damaged or a wound to either the brain or the heart they would die. Essentially limbs and stuff will heal organs will take time (depending on the severity anywhere from 10 mins to hours) and any true fatal attacks to major organs or just lots of other organs will not heal and will kill them.

Telepathy/mental powers restricted to 1 person at a time mind reading and can't include metal assaults or make a character impossible to tag etc. e.g. Gorgon's TP

Even if your character "supposedly" fits all limits if i feel he will not be beaten by people on this level or that he for some reason is too powerful i will not allow them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ganta Igarashi as my meta.

Deadshot (Assault on Arkham)

Undecided yet

Avatar image for attackonshahbaz
AttackOnShahbaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AttackOnShahbaz

@darkseid1006: Give me Bullseye and Nightwing for street levelers, and Yautja/Predator as metahuman.

Perks: Selected weaponry (5 points), Advanced knowledge (4 points). What can I do with my one remaining point?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006:

Final team

Meta: Ganta Igarashi

No Caption Provided

Street: Kir Kanos/ Deadshot (Assault on Arkham)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Perks: Extra Ammo (2 points), Advanced Knowledge (4 points) Cloaking device ( 3 points) 9/10 points spent

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wolfrazer

@banthabot: I warn you Bantha, do not fail with Kir Kanos, or you shall feel unspeakable wrath!

I have seen some of your SW posts, but even still...you're using one of my all time fav SW characters from one of my favorite organizations in SW by which I made his respect thread. I would warn even the most knowledgeable SW expert, because of such!

No pressure or anything.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By darkseid1006

@banthabot: @attackonshahbaz: I'll check some things then add you both in by the end of the day.

Shabaz- what's the selected weaponry?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006:

I would like to swap Ganta with Senji Kiyomasa is I could please

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

@joewell: Jesus. Christ. Your team is incredible.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Sherlock

@darkseid1006: And my team. Question on advance knowledge though, my e tire team has advanced knowledge yes? Does that mean they had a sit down briefing and have at least met each other at this point?

My team:

Meta:

Tifa Lockheart (Dead Fantasy)

Streets:

Claire Stanfield (Baccano)

Kirito (Sword Art Online) Composite

Perks: Advance knowledge (4) Weaponry (5) booze for the after party (1) ;-)

Extra weapons: Maramassa blade (Marvel) vibranium throwing knives. (That is legal yeah?)

Gear: Clair gets a revolver

Kirito Gets, Holy Sword Excalibur, photon Sword (Basically a light saber) and an FN 5.7 pistol.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock: yes your team get say down and briefed on all capabilities, personality, and weaknesses of your opponents as well as everything there is too know about the location but they do not have time to chat or socialise just sit and listen.

Yeah vibranium daggers are legal but what's the befit? Are they any more effective?