Street levelers play the Hunger Games (totally original, I know)

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

This year, each of the 12 districts, instead of choosing a teenage boy and girl to represent them, will be represented by two action heroes from various areas of fiction. 

The rules and setting of this competition are almost exactly like they were in the original Hunger Games story, with a few tweaks. 

RULES 
- Competitors from the same district do not have to kill each other in order to win. They may join forces if they want to. 
- Competitors from the same district start in the same places at the beginning of the tournament. They do not have to go looking for each other. 
- All competitors are not bloodlusted, but are completely willing to kill any enemy.  
- All team members are completely willing to team up, regardless of any previous enmity
- All competitors begin the competition completely unarmed and unarmored. They will all be wearing only basic travel clothing. 
- At the beginning of the competition, competitors will not begin in a close-knit circle in the middle of an open field. With fighters of this skill level, that would just be a giant freakin bloodbath. The circle of starting points, this time, will be one mile in diameter. Due to the size of the circle, and the fact that all allied competitors start in the same place, this means that there will be nearly 700 feet of forest between all teams at the beginning of the match (since I doubt any of you wanted to do the math to figure that out yourselves). 
- As before, there will be a giant cashe of food, supplies, and simple weapons in the very center of the circle of starting points.
- As usual, any competitors who lay low for too long of a time are likely to trigger environmental attacks from the operaters of the Games, in order to keep the show interesting.  
- If I have forgotten any rules, just assume I'm trying to make this as much like the original Hunger Games as I can. 

TEAMS 

District 1: Tim Drake and Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker) 

District 2: Bucky Barnes (no EMP for arm) and Chewbacca 

District 3: Dick Grayson and Punisher 

District 4: Taskmaster and Katana 

District 5: Catwoman and Gambit 

District 6: Black Widow (Natasha) and Snake Eyes 

District 7: Bruce Wayne and Killer Croc  

District 8: Elektra and Hawkeye 

District 9: Aragorn and Steve Rogers 

District 10: Aang (airbending only, no Avatar state) and Catman 

District 11: Kraven and Nightcrawler (no teleporting) 

District 12: Bane (no Venom) and Bullseye 

Assume all characters are their most recent versious unless otherwise stated. 

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By e3zombie

District 7

If it is like the movie they get a week prep and for batman a week prep is all he needs.

Plus he has trained to body for hunger pain and all the other stuff us normal humans get.

Plus Croc has this

• Superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, stamina, durability, and senses
  • Expert swimmer
  • Hardened scale-like skin
  • Razor-sharp claws and teeth
  • Regenerative healing factor
  • Experienced alligator wrestler

The swimming and healing would mean he could stalk out lots of people when they go for water.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lady_liberty

Hmm.. Honestly Gambit would probably destroy everyone unless someone took him out in an ambush.

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

@e3zombie: I thought only specific things were allowed, or like one per person. So prep isn't really gonna help Bats out. For me i think Aang can knock this outta the park if he gets rid of his morals. He spent most of his lifetime in a precivilized placement, and i think he could deal with the things the Hunger games throw at him pretty easily. He also has a big advantage with his airbending, being he could probably obtain the things in the middle the easiest (besides maybe spider-man), and his partners not too shabby either.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@e3zombie said:

District 7

If it is like the movie they get a week prep and for batman a week prep is all he needs.

Plus he has trained to body for hunger pain and all the other stuff us normal humans get.

Plus Croc has this

• Superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, stamina, durability, and senses
  • Expert swimmer
  • Hardened scale-like skin
  • Razor-sharp claws and teeth
  • Regenerative healing factor
  • Experienced alligator wrestler

The swimming and healing would mean he could stalk out lots of people when they go for water.

Prep would only get Batman so far in this scenario. Out of his 22 opponents, he only actually knows 6 of them. As for the rest, he'll have to try to pick up whatever info he can during the training period. But, like the competitors in the story, these people are all smart enough to know not to show off everything they have before the competition. Batman's information on his opponents' capabilities will be basic at best. 

And, while Croc does indeed have all those attributes, he also has an IQ that's just barely above being in the single digits.
e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By e3zombie

Then District 10 would take this.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sherlock

I would give this to team one actually.Tim is no slouch in the tactics department and Peter is by far has the highest stats here.They could be a dangerous combo
I can also see team 5 7 and 10 doing well here

BTW NeXus this would make a great tourney thread

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Strider1992

@Sherlock said:

I would give this to team one actually.Tim is no slouch in the tactics department and Peter is by far has the highest stats here.They could be a dangerous combo I can also see team 5 7 and 10 doing well here BTW NeXus this would make a great tourney thread

I agree with this not to mention Spider-man's spider-sense will make the two very hard to sneak up on.

My second pick would be Taskmaster and Katana.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sherlock
@Strider92 said:

@Sherlock said:

I would give this to team one actually.Tim is no slouch in the tactics department and Peter is by far has the highest stats here.They could be a dangerous combo I can also see team 5 7 and 10 doing well here BTW NeXus this would make a great tourney thread

I agree with this not to mention Spider-man's spider-sense will make the two very hard to sneak up on.

Im not so sure.There are a bunch of people here with outrageous martial arts abilities.Most are prolly better than either of these two as well.In something like the the chances of fighting one or even two people is slim.The people with fighting skills are most likely going to be the first to go down.

BTW @(((Prodigy))) Can you give up a list of weapons?
Avatar image for blacklightning13
Blacklightning13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Blacklightning13

I think either 1 or 7 has this.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Sherlock said:
I would give this to team one actually.Tim is no slouch in the tactics department and Peter is by far has the highest stats here.They could be a dangerous combo I can also see team 5 7 and 10 doing well here  BTW NeXus this would make a great tourney thread
Hmm. I've got too much on my plate to have time to manage a tourney too, but if you want to take the idea for yourself then go ahead. 

@Sherlock said:
@Strider92 said:

@Sherlock said:

Im not so sure.There are a bunch of people here with outrageous martial arts abilities.Most are prolly better than either of these two as well.In something like the the chances of fighting one or even two people is slim.The people with fighting skills are most likely going to be the first to go down.

BTW @(((Prodigy))) Can you give up a list of weapons?
A list of weapons? 
No real list was provided in the books, but there were a lot of spears, swords, knives, bow/arrows, tridents... I would imagine that pretty much any basic weapon that's less technologically advanced than a crossbow would be somewhere in the pile.
Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sherlock
@(((Prodigy))): Ill see what i can do on the whole.Do you want in if i come up with something?
Okeeday i wasnt sure if you wanted to add anything to the weapons list

I stick with my original though of Tim/Pete taking it.....It also occurs to me that that is an awesome team up
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Sherlock said:
@(((Prodigy))): Ill see what i can do on the whole.Do you want in if i come up with something? Okeeday i wasnt sure if you wanted to add anything to the weapons list  I stick with my original though of Tim/Pete taking it.....It also occurs to me that that is an awesome team up
I'll definitely look into it, but I can't promise anything. It kinda depends on how the timing coincides with finals.
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Sherlock: Looks like somebody already beat you to the punch though.
jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Lady_Liberty said:

Hmm.. Honestly Gambit would probably destroy everyone unless someone took him out in an ambush.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sherlock
@(((Prodigy))): Yes they did...its very disorganized
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Sherlock said:
Indeed.
NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NEEK_03

@Blacklightning13 said:

I think either 1 or 7 has this.

same here.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nickthedevil

12 could do it.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Sherlock
@(((Prodigy))) said:
@Sherlock said:
Indeed.
I considered joining up but there are no rules really currently.I dont think it will end well
RJDdelcastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RJDdelcastillo

If the Aragorn your saying is from LOTR, ghost army solos while Aragorn and cap sit back, watch the carnage and drink beer.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Skaddix

Do they get their weapons? Because Hunger Game works with no outside weapons unless you can sneak them in. And a massive sword is hard to sneak in.

Tommiec21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tommiec21

I can Honestly See Team 3 Pulling this one Because....well It has the only guy to be Fully Trained By batman And the Only guy to ever successfully take Batman's Place, But the Punisher....Idk might Hold Richard Back But I will Hope for Richard to win

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JediWaffles

I say Team 1 takes it. Spiderman has the speed to get to the cornucopia ahead of the others, which gives him a major advantage in terms of weaponry. That, and considering he's physically better than anyone else in this competition. Tim Drake's no pushover either, and he could do well with weaponry also.

Aang without morals could also win this really easily. Airball-thinger to get to the cornucopia easily ahead of everyone, gives catman gear, and proceeds to draw the air from all the opponent's lungs.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blackadamFTW

Team 1, 3, 7, or 9 have the best chance of winning have the best chance of winning.

livinghorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By livinghorror

I like team 10 because of the mastery aang has shown in his bending, this should keep him mobile and evasive. His bending also does serious damage

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LeonardoTMNT

I'm thinking team 1 or 7. Pete and Tim would make for a formidable pair. In regards to team seven I think Bruce would do a great job utilizing Killer Croc to their advantage.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By GTG12

Aang team or spidermans team.

If aragorn and cap get their weapons then I think they win but i don't think cap is much for swords and tridents.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Skaddix said:

Do they get their weapons? Because Hunger Game works with no outside weapons unless you can sneak them in. And a massive sword is hard to sneak in.

"- All competitors begin the competition completely unarmed and unarmored. They will all be wearing only basic travel clothing."

Quoted from the OP
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CaptainRodgers

I think Pete and Tim (Team 1) take this. Both are pretty versed tacticians , both are extremely intelligent making them probably the smartest team and I can see them getting on together and working very well as a team.

Not to mention Spidey's physicals giving them the clear advantage in terms of fire-power also Spidey would be the quickest and most agile by far meaning he's almost certainly going to get to the cornucopia before anyone else , giving his team yet another advantage of food and weaponry.

In short Team 1 has :

- The best competitor physically.

- Averaging at the smartest team.

- Superior weaponry to any other team.

- Superior food supply to any other team.

- Arguably the best team chemistry.

Team 1 has a pretty solid victory I'd say.

I don't know why everyone thinks Batman's team has a great chance , other than Batman's tactical abilities their pretty unimpressive all round.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fetts

I'd say District 1 as well.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aero_gt

i choose team 1 and team 3 to win. mainly because they are the only teams i like in this challenge. although team one has a great advantage with spiderman being stronger. faster. very smart. and distracting with the wise cracks which could be both a strength and a weakness. punisher is best dressed in this tourney.

MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MrPuertillo

Is this Amazing Spiderman we talking about? Does he needs his Web Cartridges? If yes, then Croc stomps everybody in this competitition, Aang being the only real threat.

Bulls needs arrows, Kraven needs his Rambo Knife.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@MrPuertillo:  

Is this Amazing Spiderman we talking about? 

Ultimate Spider-Man. 

Does he needs his Web Cartridges? 

He does not have any webbing in this fight, since all combatants start out completely unarmed. 

If yes, then Croc stomps everybody in this competitition 

I'm not trying to debate in my own thread, but I seriously doubt most people will agree with that idea...  

Bulls needs arrows  

Bullseye prides himself in being capable of making a deadly weapon out of anything. 

Kraven needs his Rambo Knife  

Kraven has superhuman physical stats and is a highly skilled martial artist and hunter. He does not need to rely on weapons to be a threat.
MrPuertillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MrPuertillo

@(((Prodigy))): I appreciate the help but:

I don't see any way Bullseye can make a weapon with nothing, I mean is he goign to chew in the wood and make a wire with just natural thingies and no prep(?)

I've seen numerous times Kraven getting wooped by Spiderman, I think the only times he exposed a real thread was when Spidey was under sedative, or hurt. Whereas the croc, well he has his claws, jaws and tail.

By not means I declare them the sole winners, but in my eyes they have the advantage until proven wrong.

I'm going to look up some Kraven and Bullseye comics, as I believe I'm underestimating them.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThexX

I am going with Districted 2 just because I am a Fanboy of Bucky Barnes.

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@MrPuertillo:  

I don't see any way Bullseye can make a weapon with nothing, I mean is he goign to chew in the wood and make a wire with just natural thingies and no prep(?)

Turning anything he holds into a deadly weapon is Bullseye's entire schtick. Even if he doesn't get to the weapons cache in the middle of the forest, he could make excellent use out of simple rocks.  

I've seen numerous times Kraven getting wooped by Spiderman  

Yeah, well mainstream Spider-Man is several times stronger and faster than Kraven is.  

Whereas the croc, well he has his claws, jaws and tail.  

And he once got the crap beaten out of him by Bane (who, even on venom, still isn't stronger than Kraven is). 
Bruce27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bruce27

Batman and Killer Croc get my vote. Because of the surroundings, and Croc having Batman lead the team they'll get the job done in this environment.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GhostRider29

I'd personally root for District 3.

They're some of my favorite Street Level heroes.