Street level Gear Swap elimination battle

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By (((Prodigy)))

For this battle, I chose eight street level heroes to compete in a standard, single elimination tournament. But what's the catch? Each fighter is armed with the standard gear of one of the other fighters in the tournament. 

RULES 
Competitors have none of their own gear. They are armed ONLY with what is assigned to them. 
Winners are given a few hours for rest/eating/first aid between fights, but they are not told who their next opponent will be. 
All morals are on, and everyone is in character. However, all of them have been led to believe that 100 innocent civilians will die if they lose a fight.  
Each character gets 24 hours before the tournament to practice using their new weapons in the Danger Room.
This works like a standard single elimination tournament. Winner from the first bracket takes on winner from the second bracket. Winner from the third bracket takes on winner from the fourth bracket, and so on and so forth. 
Victory is achieved by death, KO, or incapacitation. No BFR.
Kraven is pre KLH. He has the serum but he's not all immortal and whatnot. All other characters are current. 
All fights take place at the MW2 multiplayer map Highrise. Fighters start on opposite sides of the map. 

Please don't just say "X character wins the tournament." Explain how you think the fights would go down and why you think a certain person would win. Debate is, after all, the point of this forum. 

BRACKET 1 
Steve Rogers - armed with Batman's usual gear (Batsuit, grapple gun, batarangs) 
vs 
Kraven - armed with two pair of Daredevil's billy clubs 

BRACKET 2 
Daredevil - has Bane's Venom apparatus giving him 2-ton strength and increased durability and pain tolerance 
vs 
Silver Samurai - armed with Captain America's shield 

BRACKET 3 
Bruce Wayne - armed with Taskmaster's UDON device (can create hard light constructs to simulate Cap's shield, Wolverine's claws, DD's billy clubs, or Spider-Man's webbing) 
vs 
Taskmaster - armed with Silver Samurai's armor, katana, and throwing stars 

BRACKET 4 
Bane - armed with Hawkeye's bow and quiver (a dozen regular arrows, 2 explosive, 1 sonic, 1 net) and two pair of nunchuks 
vs 
Clint Barton - armed with Kraven's standard assortment of spears, knives, nets, poisons, etc. 

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
*sigh* 

bump
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sandiego008

Bracket 1

This is a pretty good matchup ... I think captain has the edge with his serum but kraven has the edge with the weapon options. I have not seen captain use a variety of weapons like kraven has. I would give Kraven the very slight majority in this battle.

Bracket 2

Strength won't be a big factor in this fight. Silver samurai with a shield would block all daredevils power attacks. I give this fight to silver samurai due to the shield and the fact that silver samurai is an able enough fighter to hang with DD and block shots then use the shield as an offensive weapon.

Bracket 3

Taskmaster takes this. He is a ridiculous fighter then you give him a sword that will cut through anything. Batman will be done.

Bracket 4

This is a tough fight. I want to go bane but has bane shown any skill at all with the weapons he was given? Not to mention Clint should be able to find a way to poison bane at the very least. I feel bane is the better fighter but given the gear ... I wouldn't be suprised with an upset and clint taking the majority ... especially since he has poison.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Xanni15

This is a very interesting battle and a nice setup.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By whacknasty

@(((Prodigy))): Very awesome thread!

I like the breakdown given by @sandiego008

I'm curious about how well Bruce could use the Udon hard light weapons though... I would think he could pull off a disarm of Taskmaster with some combination of the shield and webbing? How durable are the constructs? The tachyon field has never allowed SS to cut through Logan's real claws, right?

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@sandiego008:  

Taskmaster takes this. He is a ridiculous fighter then you give him a sword that will cut through anything. Batman will be done. 

Silver Samurai's ability to cut through anything comes form his mutant powers. His sword itself isn't actually anything special.  

How do you think the rest of the tournament would go down? Those four fights were only the first round. Winner of the first fight takes on winner of the second fight, winner of the third takes winner of the fourth, and so on until there is just one winner. 

@whacknasty

I would think he could pull off a disarm of Taskmaster with some combination of the shield and webbing?

I do not think that would be possible. The main reason I gave him Taskmaster's UDON device instead of Taskmaster's usual assortment of gear is because the UDON device can only use one function at a time. Bruce could not have webbing and a shield simultaneously.  

How durable are the constructs?  

I don't actually know that. :/  

The tachyon field has never allowed SS to cut through Logan's real claws, right?  

That is correct. SS's tachyon field seems to be able to cut through anything short of adamantium. 
Likewise, the tachyon field makes SS's sword seemingly unbreakable. Wolverine's claws can't cut through the sword either.
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sandiego008

@(((Prodigy))): Very very very arguable ... the one thing i think is taskmaster would take the cake ... so round 2 obviously task master. For SS vs. kraven ... again a ridiculous fight. I'm giving this to SS again ... the shield is just to big of a utility. Although he has no experience with it .. he could learn.

Reason I give taskmaster the edge in the battle as a whole is he gets equipment and literally watches the best of the best with said equipment and gains their skills. Even w/o cutting through anything he should have the speed burst and skills to beat batman. Then going on to own clint as i feel taskmasters skill is > clint by a decent margin .. he should not get poisoned.

And as stated .. taskmaster finishes supreme warrior.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Steve- I think Steve is already a better combatant than Kraven is and while Kraven probably has the physical advantage I don't think it is by a large enough margin to claim the majority coupled with DD's batons. The serum is supposed to allow Steve to learn how to use weapons relatively quickly and while he may not learn Batman's utility belt through and through in 24 hours, I think some of the equipment's principles are generally close enough to what he works with himself or has that he can grasp them. So he should be able to use the batarangs, grapple gun, smoke bombs, plastic explosives, sonics, tasers etc. Plus the suit's adds defense and offense in the strikes so with Cap's stats that will be a bonus.

Daredevil- While Harada is a fantastic swordsman, arguably one of if not the best in Marvel, he falls short in other weapons and h2h IIRC. DD on venom is not going to make Matt a savage, it isn't gonna downplay his agility or make him any less competent of a fighter. I don't see Harada gaining the level of expertise with the shield needed to overcome Matt's radar sense and skill. Plus, DD has gotten the shield away from Steve a few times if I'm not mistaken, if he can get around Steve wielding it then he can dodge or get around Harada. Though I will say the implication of Harada using his tachyon field with the shield would be interesting and a strike with the field up may add a cutting effect since Steve has beheaded people with the shield before.

Taskmaster- I never read Taskmaster's UDON run so I don't know the limits of the suit except it creates one construct at a time. What Bruce would create and what Task could create are different IMO. Bruce doesn't know about Wolverine's claws, Spider-Man's webbing and Cap's shield and he might make hard light constructs of some of his own gear in its place and maybe a few other things. Like hard light batarangs, spiked gauntlets and grapple gun but he does throw a sword or shield in there. If Taskmaster isn't jobbing he could very well beat Bruce in a regular fight. So here he already knows how to use a sword very well and knows how the UDON armor already operates, just the weapons this time might be a bit off. With Bruce only being able to use one weapon at a time it may cost him.

Clint but unsure and I can see a case for Bane- I think Clint has the necessary gear to beat Bane but with Bane's intelligence, skill and lethality he may not need to completely master the bow but with 24 hours he may get the basics of it. And since Bane isn't shy of using lethal force he might even use the trick arrows first. But, since Clint is incredibly accurate even with just throwing things and with knives and spears he does have that advantage and could probably throw a weapon before Bane has a chance to get the necessary lead, load and fire an arrow. If he can at least handicap Bane right off the bat by taking out an arm (which hinders the bow) or at least hindering him enough to get another hit off Clint could take it from a range. Bane on the other hand has had bullets in limbs and has continued to fight, his pain tolerance is ridiculous. Clint has the chance to beat him here depending on how effectively he can take Bane from range or if he gets him with a paralyzer and if he can keep Bane from using the trick arrows. Bane does have the high stat edge in strength, durability, skill and pain tolerance. Clint just needs to keep the range at least until he can immobilize one of Bane's limbs then he could possibly take it.

Winner of the whole thing: Daredevil. Typically, DD is agile and quick enough coupled with his radar sense to fight but eventually lose to Cap. Cap does have the advantage here in versatility and may employ a sonic batarang cause he knows DD's weakness which could hinder DD but due to the pain tolerance increase due to venom I think DD can push through it and with the strength edge and already being on par in skill he can take Steve. The rest of the guys it is basically the same thing. He can beat Hawkeye relatively easy in this scenario and Task would be a challenge but still he has the strength edge, pain tolerance edge and the radar sense coupled with his skill would balance out and eventually overcome Taskmaster.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By whacknasty

@(((Prodigy))): Ah, thanks. I'm still up in the air about who would win the entire thing... I may need to read up on those Udon weapons, lol

(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@god_spawn:  
Truly excellent assessment. I didn't actually expect someone to give such a thorough and well-reasoned scenario for this battle. 

One thing I might mention though: I've already had to admit earlier in this thread that there are things about Taskmaster's UDON device that I don't know for sure, but I've always assumed that it would have to have new hard-light constructs programmed into it. I was thinking Batman would probably fiddle with the controls and find it automatically switch between a shield, webs, claws, etc. As far as I am aware, it doesn't link with the user's mind to create whatever tool or weapon they are thinking of at the time.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@(((Prodigy))): Thank you, I had fun with it.

It's entirely possible. I don't know the full extents either other than what I pick up here. If Bruce can tinker with it for switches then he might shake Taskmaster a bit since he should know the suit but he might not use the suit as effectively or as versatile as Task would since he knows how to fight and use the equipment from Wolverine, Spider-Man, Cap etc. While Batman knows his 127 MA and plenty of weapons, but due to his morals it may come back to bite him since Task is already incredibly skilled with a sword and in h2h to give Bruce a hell of a fight if not beat him and his attacks are far more lethal while Batman's are more designed to disable. And Bruce would lack the versatility his utility belt grants like the smoke bombs, sonics, explosives etc unless the suit can make them.