Street Avengers Vs Blade Blitzers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Street Avengers:

Black Panther (KoD), Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Wolverine (before loss of HF)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Vs

Blade Blitzers:

The Gorgon, Ian Nottingham, Jack The Ripper

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Conditions:

• The Blade Blitz team has normal weapons (No Grasscutter or Blood Sword standard katanna's)
  • Standard Gear for everything else
  • No Stone-Stare for Gorgon
  • No Prep
  • Random Encounter
  • Win by KO, Death or Incap

No Caption Provided

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Wyldsong

Hmmm...that is a tough one. I'll have to think on it, but I kind of want to go with the Blade Blitz team here.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 juiceboks  Moderator

Anything special about Ian's sword? As it stands none of team 2 is hurting Luke.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

I think the Street Avengers versatility wins it for them.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@juiceboks: I was thinking the same thing. I can't see any way of team 2 hurting Luke.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Wolverine008

Debating for King of the Dead Black Panther as of now is somewhat difficult due to his relatively limited showings, but I think the rest of his teams damage output via Iron Fist and durability from Luke Cage and Wolverine makes up for it. Backing the Street Avengers.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

Need some feats from Ian Nottingham before leaving any opinion..

@strider92: nice battle!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 in a tough fight. The lack of enhanced Katana's and Knives, means that at least one of Jack the Ripper, Ian or the Gorgon is going to likely break thier Katana's on Cage, and he will be a nusiance to put down, until he is pressure pointed. However he is by far the slowest, so he can be out dogded.

As for Wolverine, his healing factor and Adamantuim Skeleton will make it hard for him to be dropped, and he has great experience both fighting against sword users and using it. Plus Swords are lilely to break against his claws. Gorgon can and has beat him, but that was only due to his healing, superior speed and skill. Jack may have a slight speed advantage and has comparable healing, but isn't as skilled. Ian Nottingham has a speed advantage, and "possibly" skill, but doesn't have a healing factor, so are more liable to struggle.

With Iron Fist, we have already seen him do fairly well against Gorgon (though it can be argued that he was holding back somewhat), has Chi enabled healing and the power to one-shot anybody on the oppossing team. He's also fast enough to keep up.

Concerning BP, he still has the energy daggers IIRC, which can phase through anthing, and also provide projectile offense- though that would likely provide only a motentary hinderance. The Teleporter can be used to good effect as well, and his forcefield may be able to tank at least one blow.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By laflux

@wolverine08 said:

Debating for King of the Dead Black Panther as of now is somewhat difficult due to his relatively limited showings, but I think the rest of his teams damage output via Iron Fist and durability from Luke Cage and Wolverine makes up for it. Backing the Street Avengers.

@granitesoldier@juiceboks

I would agree with this, though Luke can be dropped with Pressure Points......

@pyrogram Ah, nice to see on the Battle Forums again :P

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Wolverine008

@laflux: Damn, thought you were God_Spawn there for second with that avatar.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 juiceboks  Moderator

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

@granitesoldier@juiceboks

I would agree with this, though Luke can be dropped with Pressure Points......

@pyrogram Ah, nice to see on the Battle Forums again :P

It's debatable whether these guys could drop him that way. I don't know much about Ian or Jack..but I don't recall Gorgon ever going that route to take down someone.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

Team 1 in a tough fight. The lack of enhanced Katana's and Knives, means that at least one of Jack the Ripper, Ian or the Gorgon is going to likely break thier Katana's on Cage, and he will be a nusiance to put down, until he is pressure pointed. However he is by far the slowest, so he can be out dogded.

As for Wolverine, his healing factor and Adamantuim Skeleton will make it hard for him to be dropped, and he has great experience both fighting against sword users and using it. Plus Swords are lilely to break against his claws. Gorgon can and has beat him, but that was only due to his healing, superior speed and skill. Jack may have a slight speed advantage and has comparable healing, but isn't as skilled. Ian Nottingham has a speed advantage, and "possibly" skill, but doesn't have a healing factor, so are more liable to struggle.

With Iron Fist, we have already seen him do fairly well against Gorgon (though it can be argued that he was holding back somewhat), has Chi enabled healing and the power to one-shot anybody on the oppossing team. He's also fast enough to keep up.

Concerning BP, he still has the energy daggers IIRC, which can phase through anthing, and also provide projectile offense- though that would likely provide only a motentary hinderance. The Teleporter can be used to good effect as well, and his forcefield may be able to tank at least one blow.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By laflux

@dondave: That awesome feeling you get when Dondave qoutes your analysis :P

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux:

@dondave: That awesome feeling you get when Dondave qoutes your analysis :P

It's a rare honor that is to be savored, mon ami. @dondave's da man!!:)

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Well, a conditioned female artist managed to temporarily drop Classic Luke Cage with Pressure Points, as did Black Panther in Shadowland. Jack the Ripper actually used Pressure points to drop Luther Strode ( an all round enhanced guy with Pre-Cog and Wolverine level healing). Gorgon, according to Logan, is a better martial artist than him, and Ian is quite skilled himself

@laflux: Damn, thought you were God_Spawn there for second with that avatar.

Its an awesome avatar, I have to admit.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@laflux Yea she affected him, but overall it had a similar effect as nerve strikes have had on Wolverine. It hurt, but he shrugged it off after a few seconds. As you can see

It's also important to note that Classic Luke wasn't anywhere near as durable as he is currently.

The Black Panther incident was bad writing IMO. I don't personally buy a depowered T'Challa affecting Luke Cage through his skin. Herb BP maybe..but not depowered. He was only down for a couple seconds anyway IIRC.

These guys might be able to hurt Luke with pressure points..but they're not putting him down that way.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Black Panther incident was bad writing IMO. I don't personally buy a depowered T'Challa affecting Luke Cage through his skin. Herb BP maybe..but not depowered. He was only down for a couple seconds anyway IIRC.

These guys might be able to hurt Luke with pressure points..but they're not putting him down that way.

Why not? Wolverine downed Kid Gladiator with a Pressure Point, and the strength Differential between him and Kid Gladitator is larger than between BP and Cage. Daredevil was able to make Mr Hyde (a 50 tonner) stop breathing with a Pressure point. I always thought it was the point of Pressure points to work past people's durability.

And all of the Blade Blitzes have at least some measure of Super-Strength anyways.....

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@laflux said:

@juiceboks said:

Why not? Wolverine downed Kid Gladiator with a Pressure Point, and the strength Differential between him and Kid Gladitator is larger than between BP and Cage. Daredevil was able to make Mr Hyde (a 50 tonner) stop breathing with a Pressure point. I always thought it was the point of Pressure points to work past people's durability.

And all of the Blade Blitzes have at least some measure of Super-Strength anyways.....

Kid Gladiator doesn't have any feats suggesting he's more durable than Luke to the best of my knowledge. Stronger..maybe..but not more durable. Strontian anatomy is obviously different from humans so he may be more susceptible to certain strikes than a human with similar levels of strength would. It could very well have been a "Midnighter vs. Martian Manhunter" moment. I'm not a big expert on Mr. Hyde so I can't really comment on that. I've heard he was a Thor villian..but if Daredevil can down him in one move I question how much of a threat he is. I will say that current Luke's feats could easily put him at class 100 what with stalemating Proxima and knocking out She Hulk with one punch that decimated a city block. The main thing Luke has going for him is that he has shown to be highly resistant to pressure points in the past when at MUCH weaker levels. Logically now, to even hurt him through his skin would require a respectable degree of super strength. Actually putting him down for the count is another story altogether. One that I don't see these guys concluding.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux said:

@juiceboks: Well, a conditioned female artist managed to temporarily drop Classic Luke Cage with Pressure Points, as did Black Panther in Shadowland. Jack the Ripper actually used Pressure points to drop Luther Strode ( an all round enhanced guy with Pre-Cog and Wolverine level healing). Gorgon, according to Logan, is a better martial artist than him, and Ian is quite skilled himself

Ian is also no stranger to pressure points in h2h either:

No Caption Provided

@higorm said:

Need some feats from Ian Nottingham before leaving any opinion..

@strider92: nice battle!

Here:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Strider1992

@laflux: YES HE DOES! Did you see the solicits for Artifacts 34!?

No Caption Provided

WOOT!

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@juiceboks said:

Kid Gladiator doesn't have any feats suggesting he's more durable than Luke to the best of my knowledge.

He took Blasts from Spider-Woman, which according to him, only Tickled. Blasts which have made 100 tonners scream in pain.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By laflux

@laflux: YES HE DOES! Did you see the solicits for Artifacts 34!?

No Caption Provided

WOOT!

O_O . Nice.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: The first time he's been back since 2011!! I'm so psyched its out tomorrow!!!! To comixology!!! I don't wanna wait 12hours!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 juiceboks  Moderator

@laflux said:

@juiceboks said:

@laflux said:

@juiceboks said:

Kid Gladiator doesn't have any feats suggesting he's more durable than Luke to the best of my knowledge.

He took Blasts from Spider-Woman, which according to him, only Tickled. Blasts which have made 100 tonners scream in pain.

Impressive. Though Jessica's venom blast lethality varies depending on who she's facing from what I've read. Was she trying her hardest to hurt him at the time?

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: her blasts also incapped Ms Marvel IIRC.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Team 2 a.k.a the Blade Blitzers is some pretty vicious team with some great attack force but I am backing up Team 1.Their versatility,speed and also great durability is something that will forge their win.KoD Black Panther has pretty few showings of what he is able to do and what we can expect to him but so far he has been hyped pretty much and he defeated one of Thanos' generals in a fight,so it's definitely something here.Luke Cage's indestructible skin would be hard for Team 2 to pierce or even to hurt him slightly which is backing up the advantage of Team 1 even more and with the addition of Iron Fist and Wolverine whose adamantium skeleton and great healing factor make him a hard target,and you get Team 1's hard win over the Blade Blitzers.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92:

Wow! I had no idea Nottingham was such a boss! Is he bulletproof? Because if not, his hands have got to have the biggest callouses in the world to pull off those bullet feats!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heraldofganthet: Yep Ian is Top Cow's bada$$! No he's not bullet proof. There's a quote from him somewhere in early Witchblade saying that he learnt the right to catch them after having been shot at so many times lol.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Blitzers are amazing...but no enhanced weapons they lose and are at a huge disadvantage vs cage, and BP.....While it would still take the Heroes a while to defeat them....they should get the job done