Stormtroopers run the Halo gauntlet

• 143 results
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@theacidskull: I will provide feats of stormtroopers shortly, but keep an open mind on their skill and ability. And I think you underestimating elites just a little bit. Although it's true in most cases Spartans are superior to Elites, the opposite can also be true. Elites are the closest thing to a Spartan the covenant have. They are 7ft alien monsters with immense physical strength, and are trained in the art of war from a young age. In addition they have advanced weapons and armor, that matches Spartans. Like Stormtroopers, they suffer from PIS sometimes. Just play against a horde of elites on legendary to get a feel for them ; )

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: yeah I agree. Except Elites and Spartans I'd say are equal in h2h combat.

If both are armed I'd say a Spartan II could take on around 4 Elite minors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull "This probably the only instances where we get to see chief engage an elite in a more detailed fashion, but like I said, it doesn't negate the fact that he has taken on so much more. And yes, if Spartan III's can physically engage a group of elites without much problems, Cheif could probably kill and walk over one, even if one instances negates that fact, because Spartan III's are meant to be cheap versions of Spartan II's. Also, most of the books are written by the same guy, Eric Nylund, so all of the stuff that "doesn't make sense" are for the most part his, until the other guy took over at some point."<-- ik what the spartan IIIs are, also no not all books are, in fact not even most books are IIRC he wrote only 4 books maybe. Also no, there are other books like glasslands that show terrible things, ghosts of onyx and all that jazz wasn't what i was referring to where tons of elites got slaughtered, they had a purpose chief at certain times especially during the flood only faced maybe 4 elites all at once, otherwise than that yeah they he didn't slaughter thousands all at once, and if you paid any attention to the books of Eric's you'd realize how he wrote it displayed common sense like having grunts and actual fodder there with a squad leader, while people like Karen literally just write how the elites get slaughtered. My point is chief does see the elites as an actual threat, to think otherwise is stupid.

"Not only that, but in Halo Wars, a regular UNSC soldier engages and holds his own against one of the most imposing and brutal arbiters to date, Ripa 'Moramee."<-- Halo wars is a joke and i knew you'd be that up, seriously not one elite in that game had shields, guess what that right there is stupid. Ripa was also known for stupid stuff like drawing his blade around a prophet in fact one of the top three prophets, if you know anything about that you'd realize once u draw ur swords it must draw blood before closing it. Another concept is that to gain rank like Zealots you have to kill, possibly even hundred and maybe more, along with displaying superiority in tactics and strategy, and to a point nobility like Thel. Point is, halo wars was a joke when it came to the cut scenes and lore which was a slap to the face in certain points like so.

"Ripa easily flung and dominated other elites without much trouble, and yet a human managed to take his punch to the gut. It's true Ripa died due to his arrogance, but it doesn't change what happened in battle. Chief may at one point have struggled against an elite, but I'm going to say that it just shows that this particular elite he fought just seemed to be tougher than usual, since most of the other and much weaker characters seed to do fine."<-- No the elite wasn't any different than others, it just displays chief's thinking. That's like saying chief almost died to a brute minor and saying that brute minor got lucky when other such brutes who were killed with ease by RANGE would say that they all suck. When in fact once more when it came to close quarters they were decent. Ripa was also rather larger than for an elite as well to see someone like forge to be able to live that was a joke period.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I dont recall ever saying lesser elites wreck spartans, and i pointed that out as well. Zealots had the ability to match spartans that was it, from what we've seen Chief has struggled with them and lesser elite soldiers like the one u saw which was not a high ranking elite he was a ranger elite.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Covenant can be put down by bullets, bullets can even harm their shields, while bullets in the SW universe, AKA "slugs" have no real effect on modern armor. When you use plasma or laser weaponry on the Covenant it's very effective. Considering Stormtroopers have turrets that can bring down star ships in the OP, they can mow down hordes of the Covenant before they go down.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@theacidskull: halo wars was kinda ridiculous from the lore department, elites didn't have shields, 3 Spartans slaughtered an army of elite honor guards in close quarters (which in close quarters shouldn't be possible going by other showings), ripa not busting forges chest open with a punch, among several other things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: "Never said that MC didn't perceive elites as threats, but the idea that an minor could kill Chief is ridiculous considering all the things he has done, both in comics, books, games, etc."<-- i never said a minor would kill him, i said a minor gave him difficulty. You can kill hunters and other such things tons of times, the fact is an elite isn't easy to put down due to how their culture is. However, as I've said he only struggled doesn't mean he was stopped in his tracks and had to think of a billion ways to over come this challenge. I prefer the Eric books due to the fact that chief can get caught out even by an elite minor and honestly without quick thinking, he admitted he could of died, but he thought extremely quick and turned the tables and he obviously won, which is fine. It displays that the character isn't a rock and can take any situation and turn it into the best. Unlike the Spartan IIIs who just rush in with guns blazing and mow everything down it's rather stupid and pointless and honestly not really even realistic.

"Ripa was already SENTENCED to die, which is exactly what the title of the arbiter equates too.<-- Wrong the arbiter title was almost the highest/respected rank in the Covenant, it wasn't until the arbiter Fal that the arbiter title was used as basically taking a well trained suicidal elite that has brought dishonor and so on to his clan, family, and himself. To send him on suicide missions.

"At one point the arbiters were noble, but after a shameful event, the title of the arbiter became a sign of shame and disgrace, which is why heretics and monsters like Ripa got the title in the first place."<-- I already pointed this out... Ik what it means. This doesn't mean he can get away with such charges, technically the honor guard would of had to fight him and try and kill him at that point.

"Ripa was one of the strongest Elites ever, why would the prophets have him killed when the VERY FUNCTION of the arbiter is to die for the great journey without actually experiencing it."<-- Idk why do the covenant have to create such silly rules, believe in such lies about the halos, have to fight on the planet rather than glassing most important places, and so on. It's just thats what happens, just because hes an arbiter doesn't mean the rules wont apply to him we can see this in again one of the books where a zealot drew his blade and was killed for it. He was going to attack the prophets for literally having both of them killed for knowing a secret mission and Thel killed the guy because he didnt want to die for something so stupid in the first place, but since he killed his best friend for trying to kill the prophets Thel was was spared and given the title ship master. I never claimed the covenant was the smartest lol.

"Well, considering the fact that Chief fights multiple Elites during the game, whether through cutscene or otherwise, i'd say it's an accurate assumption. Gameplay and story wise, excluding the comics and books, Halo is very consistent in it's games."<-- Cutscenes, i dont remember chief fighting tons of elites but i could be wrong please do refresh my mind. The games were meant for fun and such the books basically go over the realistic overview of how the game would of went if it didn't have difficulty and other such stuff.

"As for Halo Wars, call it a joke all you want, I haven't seen it misrepresent something yet."<-- Well that's because you didnt pay attention really that much.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@theacidskull: Alright here i'll provide the accurate shootings shown...just from the movies. I do have more showings in the EU, if you wanna see those though.

No Caption Provided

Blasting R2 out of commission.

No Caption Provided

Wounding Leia

No Caption Provided

Tagging a speeder bike. This is the most impressive shot, because not only did the Scout Trooper tag it, but he was also driving a bike of his own one handed, both of them moving incredibly fast through the forest, having to dodge trees and the like and these speeder bikes in particular can reach up to 310 mph, which is faster than a racecar.

There's also that interesting bit with Obi-Wan about the Sand People, the Sand People were tagging Podracers in EP 1

No Caption Provided

Podracers can go up to 559 mph and Sand People were tagging them, yet Obi-Wan noted that even they were inaccurate with their shots compared to Stormtroopers.

Before someone brings up that Obi-Wan wasn't at the race. That doesn't matter....he lived on Tatooine long enough for Luke to become fully grown into an adult, he took notice of how Sand People were scared and they come back in larger numbers, how they ride single file to hide their number. So he clearly had the knowledge of Sand People, he would know how accurate they are even without being at the Podrace.

The video you posted Acid was so incredibly wrong, because like most people. The person uploading it, didn't take the context of either the DS scenes or the Bespin ones. I'm not gonna address the Tantive IV, because the Rebel Troopers there got their **** kicked in anyway.

But you've seen Star Wars right? Ok...so for the DS, if you recall literally right after Luke and co made their escape on the Falcon, this dialogue shows up.

======

Tarkin: "Are they away?"

Vader: "They've just made the jump into hyperspace."

Tarkin: "You sure the homing beacon is secure aboard their ship? I've taken an awful risk Vader, this had better work."

Then...Leia confirms this...

Leia: "They let us go, it was the only reason for the ease of our escape."

Han: "Easy, you call that easy?"

Leia: "Their tracking us."

- Taken from ANH

Remember, the Empire was trying to find the Rebel base. So....in what logic, would they have to kill the people going to the Rebel base?....So the Stormtroopers and TIE pilots put on a show, it would seem very strange that Luke and co would just be able to leave a heavily armed and guarded battle station.

Moving onto Bespin, do you recall this dialogue?

Vader: "Calrissian, take the Princess and the Wookiee to my ship."

Lando: "You said they'd be left here under my supervision."

Vader: "I am altering the deal, pray I don't alter it any further."

Then as the group is escaping...

Vader: Did your men deactivate the hyperdrive on the Millennium Falcon?"

Piett: "Yes my lord."

Vader: "Good prepare the boarding party and set your weapons for stun."

- Taken from ESB

Vader wanted Chewie and Leia alive and then later if Luke didn't join him, he had a backup plan. Knowing that he would try and go to his friends, his men were ordered to deactiva the hyperdrive on the Falcon. So he was on the Executor and gave the order for the boarding parties to set for stun to capture them.

======

So....there you have it....

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My stormtroopers from battlefront solos :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@theacidskull: Your welcome, I have really have had it with people ragging on Stormtrooper accuracy and just them in general, when it's all been based on a lie. So any chance I get, I'm trying to correct it and even though I may never disspell the false reputation that they have...least I'm trying.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: IIRC, Spartan IIIs were created to go on suicide missions, so their tactics of going in guns blazing is understandable. Since they were much cheaper to create and their SPI armor wasn't as costly as the MJOLNIR armor, they could afford to do that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Yes, but the objectives they were tasked with and SPI armor state it other wise. SPI armor was used as more of a stealth kind of appearance and although they were tasked with suicide missions so were the spartan IIs to a point, both were designed to further humanity's goals and be the next step in our evolution. My point regardless was that they through out any form of tactics or anything that the covenant may of used along with its common fodder.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Yes, but the objectives they were tasked with and SPI armor state it other wise. SPI armor was used as more of a stealth kind of appearance and although they were tasked with suicide missions so were the spartan IIs to a point, both were designed to further humanity's goals and be the next step in our evolution. My point regardless was that they through out any form of tactics or anything that the covenant may of used along with its common fodder.

Well, they stormed a huge factory en masse in the beginning of Ghosts of Onyx, and the majority of them got slaughtered. They were made to be expendable. Their purpose was to be sent in for strategic victories where ONI couldn't sent a conventional fighting force of Marines or ODSTs. They weren't really tactics oriented.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven: Yes, but Spartan IIIs were again train from low ages as well, and could apply similar tactics like that of the Spartan IIs as well. Although like i said they slaughtered elites rather than having the standard common fodder, especially within a factory. Ah good old ghosts of oynx lol, although that was one of the few i disliked from Eric's books, Fall of reach was better along with first strike.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: nice man!

Do you have any EU feats?

I'd really aprreciate it : )

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Wolfrazer  Online

@clark_el: Yeah, but can't post em now, gotta get ready for work.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: yeah, that's fine. Anytime you can.

Thanks

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#75  Edited By jwalser3

@i_like_swords: @jwalser3: Can you guys provide me with an actual scan? Statements are cool and all but not when they are contradicted with how ST's act. That said, I'm going of on what I have heard others say, so I'm listening.

Here:

Darth Vadaer himself is impressed with the accuracy of Storm Troopers

"Imperial Stormtroopers shoot straight."- SpecForce stereotypes

- Taken from Rules of Engagement

Rebels know first hand how well they can shoot.

Obi Wan, Vader, and the Rebels state they are accurate shots.

No Caption Provided

Killing Rebels, cqc, even disarming a Jedi.

Shooting down a defective droid.
Shooting down a defective droid.

Then in the movies:

Loading Video...

Easily defeat Rebels and even take some as prisoners.

Then the breeze through Echo Base on Hoth, take Cloud City and easily capture the Rebel team that was sent on Endor to destroy the shield generator.

StormTroopers are good, compatient soldiers. All "fodder" should be treated with respect.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Boom.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i would say the storm troopers. they are supposed to have superior tech.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By christianrapper
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Wolfrazer  Online

@jwalser3: One thing, in that 3rd scan, there is no Jedi. That's a Rebel with a blaster pistol, you can see the scope.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Avatar image for reaper_of_heaven
Reaper_of_Heaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If these Jackal snipers are anything like in Halo 2 on legendary, I think they stop at the Jackals... Ten instant headshots the moment they see you is going to do a number on the storm troopers' group of thirty.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

The UNSC will stop them. Stormtroopers are just generic bad guys who can't aim at rebels that don't take cover.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Clark_EL

@ninjawarrior268: Okay, that's ridiculous. Even if you watched the movies you should know already that stormtroopers know how to shoot.

Example 1: tantive IV...Stormtroopers easily kill and capture several armed rebels

Example 2: endor... Stormtroopers shoot Leia and R2

Example 3: stormtroopers kill a group of jawas, and Obi wan explains to luke that "only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

Not to mention stormies were responsible for the death of Lukes aunt and uncle.

That's just in the movies alone, outside side of that, stormtroopers have plenty of EU feats that show their talent as elite soldiers.

Not only do they undergo rigorous training; their weapons and armor (and all around technology in general), are much superior to the UNSC.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#91  Edited By jwwprod
Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@jwwprod: That's what I pretty much said, the Empire wasn't morons, there was a plan and the Stormtroopers have actual showings of their marksmanship which I provided above that wasn't surrounding by circumstance. Explain why a galactic force, would be incompetent and still have rule over an entire galaxy?....Doesn't make sense, further more not only is this shown in the movies, but also in the EU novels and comics, where the Rebels get their **** handed to them in various engagements against the Empire.

You know what's more amusing?....There are WAY worse incompetent bad guys in other movies besides Stormtroopers in SW(who really weren't even incompetent) and just spray n pray against the heroes, hitting NOTHING.

Why don't they get the flak they deserve? Stormtroopers don't deserve the flak of being incompetent...not at all. This is further reinforced by not just the movies, but also pretty much EVERY sourcebook involving them.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod: @wolfrazer: yes..,

I don't know why people can't wrap their heads around this concept. You just have to pay attention to the movies.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stormtroopers could clear this, they are all capable marksmen and have heavy weaponry in a defensive position. The average troopers have rifles capable of one shotting a large number of their opponents when they connect, and the heavy rifles and E-Webs can mow down anyone they are up against.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: thanks for the response : )

Yeah I do think they could possibly clear myself. Stormtroopers are just as well trained as UNSC Marines, but they have superior tech.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el:

Honestly I'd say the Marines should be number one on the list rather than number three, the tech gap is just to wide, and while the Marines are well trained the Stormtroopers are just as well (if not better) trained and their standard rifle is going to one shot the Marines, they won't even need the heavy weapons I think. The Grunts (the alien ones not the Marines) at least have energy weapons and experience dealing with them, as well as notably superior numbers.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: that's true, but I'd say marines overall are considerably better than grunts.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el: @paragonnate: Keep in mine 2 grunts can solo a spartan 2, just so you know clark grunt's aint idiots.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: I do respect grunts, but 2 would beat a spartan? That doesn't seem right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el:

Loading Video...

Argument invalid. Team work XD