• 143 results
Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Clark_EL

Imperial Stormtroopers, a group of elite soldiers, feared by many throughout the Galactic empire face off against some of Halo's finest infantry.

Stormtroopers are competent, and are not restricted from PIS. Please remember that Stormtroopers are a powerful and formidable fighting force, so try and restrain from jokes please.

Star Wars EU and movie feats allowed

Games and Novels are acceptable feats for Halo

30 Stormtroopers are in defensive positions on Yavin IV. They are aware that an enemy force is near. Stormrooper weapons and equipment include: 23 E-11 rifle men (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-11_blaster_rifle), 5 men weilding DLT-19 heavy blaster rifles (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DLT-19_heavy_blaster_rifle), and 2 mounting E-web turrets (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-Web_heavy_repeating_blaster). All stormtroopers are armed with three thermal detonators.

Round 1:

80 Grunts (Unggoy) armed with plasma pistols.

Round 2:

60 Jackals (Kig-Yar) (10 armed with beam rifles; the other 50 with plama pistols and energy shields)

Round 3:

50 UNSC Marines (10 MA5C's, 30 Battle Rifles, 5 Sniper rifles, and 5 M90 shotguns)

Round 4:

15 Elites (Sangheili) (1 Zealot, and 14 Elite minors) The Zealot has a Energy sword, and the minors all have plasma rifles (so 1 Energy sword, and 14 plasma rifles)

Round 5:

3 Spartan II's (1 MA5C, 1 M90, and 1 Battle Rifle)

Win by annihilation of enemy team, who can the stormies beat?

Stormtroopers weilding E-11 Blaster Rifles
Stormtroopers weilding E-11 Blaster Rifles
A lone Stormtrooper weiding a DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle
A lone Stormtrooper weiding a DLT-19 heavy blaster rifle
Stormtroopers operating an E-web turret
Stormtroopers operating an E-web turret
Grunt
Grunt
Jackals
Jackals
UNSC Marines
UNSC Marines
Elites
Elites
Spartans II's
Spartans II's

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Could stop at UNSC marines, for sure stops at Elites. Elite zealots are tough and about equal to a spartan II. All have cloaking and their shields should do fine against them. Chief even struggled in hand to hand with some elites minors and such as well.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 2

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 or 4

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All kidding aside. 80 Grunts would be tough and could stop them if they swarm from multip directions.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the position. If it's easily defensible, they could make it to the Elites. If not, they could possibly stop at the first round.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: If they were armed with plasma nades and possibly needlers and even rod fuel guns, i could actually say they would stop there, however they aint and Plasma pistols are great, just grunts can be silly at times. poor little guys all they want is love.

Loki_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yes two of my favorite series. Well they will most definitely stop at the Elites. Man now i want to play Halo.

Avatar image for gamespotookname
Gamespotookname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say they stop at 4

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: While they aren't equiped with wide variety of weapons, plasma pistols should prove to be deadly to the Storm Trooper armor.

Since the Storm Troopers are being taken seriously the grunts should too. While they apper silly at times, groups of them can take down squads of Elite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: They have to be very large groups to that, but Grunts do their fair share when they aint jobbing. They are the main covenant infantry as well and earned it for a reason. ( aka the grunt rebellion )

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: that's true, never underestimate grunts in large numbers.

Jackal9901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loki_d said:

Oh yes two of my favorite series. Well they will most definitely stop at the Elites. Man now i want to play Halo.

I want to play Republic Commando :c

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackal9901: ahh yes, the memories. Don't forget battlefront though, those were some great games.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Thekillerklok

Depending on wither or not we are using some of the elite version of stormtroopers either clears or stops at 3.

Though note I am not a Halo expert so take my post with a grain of salt.

if we are using SWG nova troopers those guys clear though...

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending on wither or not we are using some of the elite version of stormtroopers either clears or stops at 3.

Though note I am not a Halo expert so take my post with a grain of salt.

if we are using SWG nova troopers those guys clear though...

We are in agreement on this honestly.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackal9901: I thought I was the only person alive who still played Republic Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clark_el: Still playing Battlefront over here.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By jwwprod

They stop at the Elites.

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: No UNSC has ever beaten a spartan II, ODSTs struggle against Spartan IIs and their above UNSC soldiers.

Storm troopers make it to 3 or 4.

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Baztet

@theacidskull: Spartan IIs and IIIs would almost never lose to a UNSC marine, Spartan IVS would possibly lose to them for they are already at base level for the UNSC just been selected and such. I do suggest restating your statement storm troopers may have poor aim due to all the low showings, yet I'd advise checking this CaV out and you will realize that Storms are good at what they do.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-wolfrazer-and-okayalright-44-vs-wut-and-killer-1617595/

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could easily stop at Jackels due to their shields and their sharp shooters.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@baztet: Sad that I was never able to get into the accuracy in that CaV or do more on their training and get into their H2H stuff, Storms have show some ridiculously impressive accuracy even in the movies really.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 4, the Marines won't be able to do much, as projectile weapons became obsolete due to armor, which the troopers are wearing.

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: uh I wouldn't say marines are even close to Spartans. Master Chief as a child killed 4 ODST(elite troops) without even trying. Imagine a fully grown asult with armor and weapons. Spartans>>>>>>marines.

And stormtroopers outside of the movies are not fodder, they are elite shock troops that embody the emperors will. Some of them are former clones bred for war, and our fitted with some of the best armor and weaponry in the Galaxy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@theacidskull: Stormtroopers aren't fodder with terrible aim. That's a myth.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@killerwasp: zealots aren't equal to Spartan 2s.

With that in mind stops at either marines or elites.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@clark_el: They weren't even fodder in the movies, with the exception of the Battle of Endor(which there were heavy factors going against them anyway), there were circumstances surrounding just about every instance they were in if people actually took in the context.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm troopers aren't exactly high-class marksmen, because they are fodder. Even grunts have better aim IMO.

No.

Loading Video...

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3: ah yes the famous quote, that is often overlooked. Remember that Obi wan is wise, and actually knows what he is talking about.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: I said their about equal to spartan IIs the recorded engagements with them theres only been like a few fights most of which are close. MC struggles with lesser elites as it is and of course has almost died.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Lol? You must of not read the books where he sits there and fights an blue elite in space. He even shoots them which takes a full mag ( 60 bullets ) to drop one and said it beats going toe to toe with one. They can take his punches and stuff. A elite ranger matched him in strength killed someone while fighting the MC, and got stabbed with an energy sword and MC bfr removed him. Zealots are above that. Thel vadem sparred and fought one for a brief time and they were equals at that moment, so no it's not ridiculous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: @jwalser3: Can you guys provide me with an actual scan? Statements are cool and all but not when they are contradicted with how ST's act. That said, I'm going of on what I have heard others say, so I'm listening.

How am I supposed to prove a negative? If stormtroopers are fodder with poor aim you need to prove that. Jwalser provided an example of Stormtroopers operating with precision accuracy, not a statement.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: No, Kenobi was recounting the events of a shooting, stating that only Stormtroopers were precise enough to of done the damage to those vehicles. Just because we don't see it happening doesn't mean it didn't happen or that it isn't tangible. There are other examples in the movies like Stormtroopers tagging speeders moving at 300mph, and @wolfrazer can provide even more examples from the EU.

Still, I'd have to again ask you to prove that Stormtroopers are fodder with terrible aim. The burden of proof doesn't lie solely with everyone but the people saying Stormtroopers suck because of the limited scope they have of them (the movies).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: Those "few instances" are the only ones where he had actually engaged hand to hand with the elites, obviously theres more than the ones i said though. Also yes its called the jobber aura, i usually hold the books made right after the first halo and during the others higher because the person understood the balance of how strong they were. In the other books half the stuff doesn't even make sense at all. Like how an elite minor would have an energy sword and such. Also yes just because spartan IIIs walked all over them doesn't mean chief didnt personally struggle against them. You forget they also suffer from the stupidity like that of storm troopers, however as i said the cases of h2h feats are those up top denying that is literally denying basically the only proof. Btw again lesser elites, zealots are above that the proof of them fighting equally again can be found throughout the series. Also as i said for the ranger, he hasn't fought very many rangers that was only one of the few he did and he almost died as the elite pushed the energy sword to pierce chief as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: There are, and I referenced them.

Why are you so willing to go off of "what other people say" when it comes to Stormtroopers being fodder yet seem hesitant to come around to the idea that they may actually be competent?

And Stormtroopers missing plot-protected characters in movies from the 70s/80s is lolworthy evidence of them being a poor shot. There's plenty of other material on them that shows them being capable in non-circumstantial fights.

Avatar image for deactivated-60260d105a8eb
deactivated-60260d105a8eb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes it to Round 3 or possibly 4. If they had Dark Troopers or Storm Marines with the special armor they could clear. Regular Troopers? Nope.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@killerwasp: @theacidskull: elites aren't close to spartans in anything other than physical attributes. The three times I know of elites fighting Spartans are :

Fred with 2 knives vs 2 elites (I don't know their rank), Fred won.

Master chief vs a high ranking elite in an energy sword duel (the elite won but Chiefs luck got him out alive).

And thel vadem vs a spartan 2, which was a stalemate.

Elites only ever match spartans in close combat, and it's normally only the higher ranking ones that can actually go toe to toe and survive. In a real combat scenario Spartans would walk all over elites, as was shown throughout the series.