StormShadow_X's Combat Scenario's - Rebirth (Tournament)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#401 Lunacyde  Moderator
Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@stormshadow_x: Update

Name: Lukeshot

Layout:

• Body Type: Cyber: Super Strength(10 Tons), Adamantium Skin, Claws, Bullet Time Speed (The Adamantium is not everywhere), http://marvel.wikia.com/Silas_Burr_(Earth-616) and he can still be hurt and still within the limits.
  • Power Set: Movie Deadpool Post Surgery: Teleportation, Movie Cyclops Blast, Low Level Technopathy, Healing Factor, Superhuman Reflexes was his original mutation
  • Skill Set: Deadshot--I also consider his reaction times part of his skill, because as someone with only a peak human body, he has to be using skill to have such incredible reaction times.
  • Mentor: Task Master
  • Special Gear: CW Cold Gun & Goggles

Standard Gear:

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, is food and stuff something we have to worry about?

By the way, I'm hosting a little tournament of my own for anyone who'd like to join: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/joewell-s-death-race-derby-12-spots-1676392/#26

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: So where did you come down on Talion's Weapons? Can I have them or do I need to choose a different item? If so I'd like the One Ring, would that be okay?

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@dedmanwalkin said:

@stormshadow_x: So where did you come down on Talion's Weapons? Can I have them or do I need to choose a different item? If so I'd like the One Ring, would that be okay?

If Dedman can't have all three, I'd like to change my Special Weapon to Azkar (If he doesn't choose it)

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411  Edited By haoalchemist

Please...Please let this tourney happen...I'm too psyched up for this!

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haoalchemist: I or someone else can hijack this if needed. I'll give it another day or two.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x Final-ish Build: (With Battle Damaged Foot! Doomcoffin not to scale.)

No Caption Provided

The Gravewalker

Body - Six-Armed Spider-Man

Powers - T-X

Skills - Agent Smith

Mentor - Orson Randall

Item - The One Ring (Shadow of Mordor)

The Doomcoffin

Coffin-shaped Custom Chobham Water-Proof, EMP-Proof Case holding the following:

• 20 Nano-Hummingbird UAVs repainted to look like bat skeletons in special launcher/recovery compartment.
  • Feeder System for Ammunition containing 5000 rounds for Minigun
  • 4 Encrypted Tracking Point Rifles
  • Denel NTW20
  • 10lbs C4
  • First Aid Kit
  • 4 Sentry Kits
  • 10 Wireless Encrypted Speakers
  • Multiple Internal Cameras providing 360 Degree in Nightvision and Infrared
  • Integrated Encrypted Laptop
  • Tesla Roadster Battery
  • 2 Shovels

Removable Minigun mounted on side

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: That's the thing you have to have a LOT of spare time to run one of these. Many have tried and many have failed. Eric, and a few other people were the only ones I can remember being successful long term.

@lukehero: that gear tho

Yep. :D

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dedmanwalkin: You made that in the Hero Creater website thing! I loved that site! That's a really good one too!

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#416  Edited By Sovereign91001

@stormshadow_x Almost picked a male model but then I realized my character's body is female.

Blur

No Caption Provided

Body: Jet

Powers: Psylocke (Post power switch)

Special Item: Guyver Unit 01 (No Megasmasher)

Skills: Psylocke

Mentor: Sho Fukamachi

Gear: Large Backpack (1) White Phosphorous Grenades (4), Change of clothes (1), Ten Pound Brick of Pemmican in a vacuum resealable bag (1), 5L Antidote Resivioir (1), First Aid Kit (1), FN Five-Seven/w extended clips (2), Box of 5.7 ammo (2), Preloaded Clips(4), Folding Axe (1), Book of Matches (1), Water Filter Bottle (1)

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Yeah, I was looking for a good picture for my character and I could not find any good 6 armed evil robots. Turns out that is an obscure idea! So I remembered Hero Machine and made my own. Thanks, it took me some time but after I got a concept it was easy.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I'm on summer vacation. I have ALOT of free time.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421  Edited By Masker

@lukehero said:

@masker: I can buy into L being a genius and learning just by watching, but I'm sure you we see some people debate you on the semantics.

With a mentor you don't learn just by watching. (but just to be clear, L is the type of character with the Sherlock Holmes ability, and his genius extends to physical disciplines as well... for example, he started tennis as a hobby in England and just like that he became champion of the England Junior Cup! this is the type of feat worthy of Batman, except that L doesn't have a peak human body and is even smarter)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masker: Some people picked mentors who in character wouldn't be interested or motivated to teach them anything.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lukehero: In all fairness it is not in the rules that the mentor is in character and I can't ever remember that being a consideration in previous scenarios.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Really? Sounds kind of lame IMO. Do these mentors need to have some sort of teaching feats so we can actually measure their teaching effectiveness?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lukehero: Not necessarily but they certainly help. Typically in the past all you had to prove was that it was something the mentor could hypothetically teach in 30 days and the character could learn in 30 days. Learning feats for the character and teaching feats for the mentor help you make that case, the former typically more so than the latter.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

Learning feats for the character and teaching feats for the mentor help you make that case, the former typically more so than the latter.

Alright, now that sounds good. Because I see some people from their choices have some pretty lofty goals on what they are gonna learn with in 30 days. I feel these mentor choices need to be under a lot of scrutiny.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lukehero: I'm not worried personally, I have an explanation why my mentor would train me, and a power/skill set conducive to learning it.

I agree though it deserves scrutiny.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: So if Stormshadow doesn't post today you're hijacking this? Or are you gonna wait longer?

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Yeah I would hijack this by tomorrow if he doesn't post today. Hopefully he posts by then or someone else becomes willing to host this since I actually want to participate in this. Can't be apart of the scenario and work as the host unfortunately unless I maybe get some judges.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 Lunacyde  Moderator

I would say give Stormie some more time it hasn't even been 2 days. He probably had a busy holiday.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: I'll wait but just saying that these kinds of tournaments require more activity from the host than others as you know.

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By Masker

@lukehero said:

@masker: Some people picked mentors who in character wouldn't be interested or motivated to teach them anything.

Hey! Azula may be a bit "evil" but she's not an unreasonable person at all... she is known to be a prodigy who mastered firebending, and she takes great pride in it. She is also a very competitive person, and would certanly want HER student to win.

Azula loves firebending, seriously, it's what she does for fun... she also had many teachers herself, so she knows many teaching teachniques, and her personality makes her strive for perfection and nothing less. You can draw your conclusions from that...

(btw she is actually one my favorite characters in the show, i'm sure she would be an excellent teacher)

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masker: Ehh, personal I think we should be picking characters with actual teaching feats to have something to actually measure how effective they would be in teaching. But, since your character is a super genius he may just manipulate her into teaching him and getting what info he needs.

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434  Edited By Masker

@lukehero said:

@masker: Ehh, personal I think we should be picking characters with actual teaching feats to have something to actually measure how effective they would be in teaching. But, since your character is a super genius he may just manipulate her into teaching him and getting what info he needs.

haha really? you need teaching feats to be able to teach something properly? I can teach you how to cook spaghetti even though i never acutally taught anyone how to cook. I can teach you how to do simple math and how to play videogames, even though i'm no master at either of those things.

Azula however have actually mastered firebending, so... what could she possibly have to teach me, right? lol

Also, if a person spend most of his childhood as a student to learn, let's say martial arts, and become a master himself... you can be pretty sure he also know how to teach it... or do you need teaching feats just to be sure? lol ok i stop

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masker:

haha really? you need teaching feats to be able to teach something? I can teach you how to cook spaghetti even though i never acutally taught anyone how to cook. I can teach you how to do simple math and how to play videogames, even though i'm no master at either of those things.

False Equivalence you're comparing simple tasks to complex ones like mastering fictional fighting moves or fictional skills like bending or alchemy.

Also, if a person spend most of his childhood as a student to, let's say martial arts, and become a master himself, you can be pretty sure he also know how to teach it... or do you need teaching feats just to be sure? lol ok i stop

There are plenty of people who have mastered a skill that are terrible teachers. Magic Johnson & Isiah Thomas are two of the greatest basketball players ever. They both sucked at coaching: teaching people how to play basketball. Same thing goes for other professions.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lukehero said:

@masker:

haha really? you need teaching feats to be able to teach something? I can teach you how to cook spaghetti even though i never acutally taught anyone how to cook. I can teach you how to do simple math and how to play videogames, even though i'm no master at either of those things.

False Equivalence you're comparing simple tasks to complex ones like mastering fictional fighting moves or fictional skills like bending or alchemy.

Also, if a person spend most of his childhood as a student to, let's say martial arts, and become a master himself, you can be pretty sure he also know how to teach it... or do you need teaching feats just to be sure? lol ok i stop

There are plenty of people who have mastered a skill that are terrible teachers. Magic Johnson & Isiah Thomas are two of the greatest basketball players ever. They both sucked at coaching: teaching people how to play basketball. Same thing goes for other professions.

Coaching at a professional level of basketball is very minimally about developing players and teaching them how to play the game :P

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437  Edited By Masker

@lukehero: Magic Johnson & Isiah Thomas never actually "mastered" basketball. They had their roles and they were good in it, that's it. To teach basketball you need much more than simple skill, you also need strategy, and intelligence, etc. all things that they didn't need to be considered great in their roles.

However we are talking about TECHNIQUES here, not how to win a fight or a basketball game... we are talking about SKILLS, how to do a set of specific moves, etc. not how to command an army and win a war. (although she would probably kick ass in that too)

hope that helps clarifying, my mentor only have to teach me skills, firebending skills, and she mastered all of them which i want to learn.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: I'll wait but just saying that these kinds of tournaments require more activity from the host than others as you know.

Of course.

No doubt there.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439  Edited By mickey-mouse

@lunacyde: Fair enough, but the point still stands. Also many players come into the NBA with poor skills in certain areas especially defense and shooting. @masker: Wrong both of them were point guards and had a complete mastery of the game of basketball and understood its mechanics. Also Magic Johnson could literally play every position and did so in the playoffs.

Anyway more to the point why do you think we have teaching schools that teach people how to teach and develop students.

Only reason I find your particular choice reasonable is because L is a super genius.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@lunacyde:

Learning feats for the character and teaching feats for the mentor help you make that case, the former typically more so than the latter.

Alright, now that sounds good. Because I see some people from their choices have some pretty lofty goals on what they are gonna learn with in 30 days. I feel these mentor choices need to be under a lot of scrutiny.

You are absolutely right about that. In my old scenarios, people had wildly outrageous expectations on what they could learn in 30 days without any kind of intelligence boost. It was frustrating to say the least.

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441  Edited By Masker

@lukehero: Omg dude it's simple, a good fighter is a good fighter, not a good general. Your example is stupid because Magic Johnson was never known to be a great basketball coach, he was only known to be good at playing basketball.

playing basketball =/ coaching a basketball team. ---> 2 different things. 2 different abilities

What i'm saying is that my mentors needs to teach me the things the she is a MASTER at, so there is no question here that she knows how to perform them, and also how to teach them. Your example would make sense if i asked her to teach me war strategies... (but then again, she would probably excel in that too)

So, hope you understand the difference.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: And that's I'll I'm saying.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

It's good that you brought it up. I hope the OP takes that into consideration. The way I did it was I relied on the participants and spectators to point out things that I missed, especially on the mentor portion. Maybe SSX can do that as well.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lukehero said:

I get what you're saying. I think in Masker's case he has the right sets to argue that he should be able to learn quite a bit, but I'm not going to make that argument for him. if someone brings it up in debate he'll have to be able to counter it.

Masker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@lukehero said:

@lunacyde:

You are absolutely right about that. In my old scenarios, people had wildly outrageous expectations on what they could learn in 30 days without any kind of intelligence boost. It was frustrating to say the least.

what do you think about me? my character genius level intellect, and only have to learn some firebending techniques that normal people learns in a few days... Luke is saying my mentor isn't good at teaching stuff -.-

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 Lunacyde  Moderator

@masker said:
@makhai said:
@lukehero said:

@lunacyde:

what do you think about me? my character genius level intellect, and only have to learn some firebending techniques that normal people learns in a few days... Luke is saying my mentor isn't good at teaching stuff -.-

I know you didn't ask me, but you have all the tools you need. I could make an easy argument that you could learn what you want to learn in the 30 days, although I see it as mostly a waste.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masker said:

Give me your full profile so I can think about it.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: Do you think you could possibly help judge this round? @stormshadow_x asked for judges before and it would be cool to have you as a judge for at least one round of this scenario.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai: Hopefully he does, he seems to be doing a pretty good job so far. We'll see how it goes. @lunacyde: Yeah I got cha, I'm just pointing out it has to hold up under scrutiny. @masker: Actually if you read what I said, I acknowledged your characters genius and said that was the only reason I would buy into what you are trying to do.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers