StormShadow_X's Combat Scenario's - Rebirth (Tournament)

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@primez0ne: Whoops. Well the movie version can curve bullets and make sniper shots from across the city. It's not above the limits, but I think it's above Deadshot.

@sonsofalchemy: Are you using comic or movies Killer?

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@jacthripper: What can Gotoh do? Sorry but you can only have one lightsaber. Otherwise other people would be able to have multiples of their special gear.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: On the Lightsabers, I'll hen have a saber staff, capable of detaching into 2 seperate sabers. Is at legal? I edited my specs and Gotou's wiki info into my post.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@primez0ne: At the hospital. Don't know how long I'll be here (been here for 2 days). Using my phone so just tell everyone with a character too send final builds in a group pm that you will have too make.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@joewell: Movie would be above deadshot but you would need both his powers and skill to pull it off. That's why I decided against it.

SonsOfAlchemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell:

I was going to use comic, but just to avoid arguments from others I'll take Echo's skill.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: I didn't read the Killer comics; but there is enough people here who did who would call out any dumb plot or pis scan feats.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird getting notifications for posts that aren't there.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posts are being weird. I see them in my tags but not in the thread.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: Gotou's is 5 parasites in a human body (head, arms, legs) which grants him very superhuman stats in regards to durability, speed, strength, etc.

SonsOfAlchemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final build

Body:Ben Reilly

Power:Hisoka

Skill:Taskmaster

Item:Cap America shield

Mentor:Big Boss

Gear:

• Compound Bow
  • Quiver with 20 regular arrows / 10 Explosive tipped
  • 10 decks of playing cards
  • 2 Sig P220 2 .45 Cal Pistols,
  • 2 Colt .45 Cal Revolvers,
  • 10 shurikens,
  • 10 throwing flechettes
  • AR-15 w/ Grenade Launcher and thermal scope,
  • Combat knife
  • 10 clips extra ammo (Ammo is half armor piercing, half hollowpoint)
  • Gas Mask

Oh and his name will be Wildcard

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormshadow_x: Hey!! Are you like, dying? Or is it personal? We've elected Primez0ne to host the tourny in your absence, do you think we should continue until he is unable too or wait until you can get back to it?

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613  Edited By Primez0ne

@sonsofalchemy: I think someone has Taskmaster. I'll check. Maybe you should look through this thread before picking.

@jacthripper: Yes if those actually exist.

@stormshadow_x said:

@primez0ne: At the hospital. Don't know how long I'll be here (been here for 2 days). Using my phone so just tell everyone with a character too send final builds in a group pm that you will have too make.

Do you want me to continue what I'm doing and can @makhai become a judge?

Hope you get better soon.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: TBH it was more of a coup than a election.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jacthripper: Anyway it was never explained how they switched powers, it was just that they did because Claremont left the title before he could elaborate on the how and why.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619  Edited By haoalchemist

@primez0ne: confirming my last build as final build. Please upload the picture on my imgur link for me (device won't let me do it myself) to my final build that would be greatly appreciated of you can. Also I am glad u hijacked.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne:

Powers- Force Abilities (Darth Maul)

Skills- Tao's intellect

Tao's intellect gives you mind control which is against the rules. Sure it's 'only talking,' but it's never failed even against characters with high willpower who knew it was coming. Also all Force-granted mind-manipulation abilities will have to be outlawed.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire said:
@jacthripper said:

@primez0ne:

Skills- Tao's intellect

Tao's intellect gives you mind control which is against the rules. Sure it's 'only talking,' but it's never failed even against characters with high willpower who knew it was coming. Also all Force-granted mind-manipulation abilities will have to be outlawed.

1. He is not going to be able to talk his way into making people do things like committing suicide. That is a given.

2. Also a given was that he wasn't going to get any TP. It is commonly known that all force users can use TP so it was assumed that he wouldn't use it.

Thanks for expressing your concerns though.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#622 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jacthripper: @primez0ne: @esquire:

Not sure why you would use Tao's intelligence. Just about every feat he's shown would be illegal by the rules in this scenario.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Not sure why you would use Tao's intelligence. Just about every feat he's shown would be illegal by the rules in this scenario.

If this is true then Jac has to change but we should just wait till he responds.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#624  Edited By Jacthripper

@esquire said:
@jacthripper said:

@primez0ne:http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/stormshadow-x-s-combat-scenario-s-rebirth-tourname-1675238/?messageId=14663256&page=13#js-message-621

Skills- Tao's intellect

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/stormshadow-x-s-combat-scenario-s-rebirth-tourname-1675238/?messageId=14663256&page=13#js-message-621Tao's intellect gives you mind control which is against the rules. Sure it's 'only talking,' but it's never failed even against characters with high willpower who knew it was coming. Also all Force-granted mind-manipulation abilities will have to be outlawed.

1. He is not going to be able to talk his way into making people do things like committing suicide. That is a given.

2. Also a given was that he wasn't going to get any TP. It is commonly known that all force users can use TP so it was assumed that he wouldn't use it.

Thanks for expressing your concerns though.

Tao has never actually made anyone commit suicide by talking. You also can't call it mind control because he isn't controlling anything, you are perfectly conscious of what he's doing, until you suddenly realize that he's been doing something else as well. Furthermore, I don't need Tao's intellect to mind whammy someone, but rather his ability to extrapolate information without having any knowledge of a person. Like this

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He was able to figure out, from a person he barely knew, much less had conversations with, her deepest darkest secret, as well knowing her body better than she did, immediately. In a tournament where everyone is a new creation, this skill is invaluable in figuring out weakpoints.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: I was just using that as an example

Yes, I understand, thanks for defending my position.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Just his ability to extrapolate on the fly. And technically his intelligence doesn't break any rules.

No Caption Provided

You can't define him as someone with mind control or anything like that, he just understands better than anyone else.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Seems to me that Grifter is suggesting that his intelligence is based on powers, just not powers that their un-evolved brains can understand.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630  Edited By makhai

@primez0ne: I don't plan on rummaging through 13 pages but I would like to go over the builds of those that are still planning on playing (I saw that some officially withdrew participation). Do you have a running count on participants and their builds?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#632  Edited By Primez0ne

@makhai said:

@primez0ne: I don't plan on rummaging through 13 pages but I would like to go over the builds of those that are still planning on playing (I saw that some officially withdrew participation). Do you have a running count on participants and their builds?

I'll add you to the final builds pm

@primez0ne said:

@jacthripper: I was just using that as an example

Yes, I understand, thanks for defending my position.

I am not so much defending you as I am allowing you to defend yourself. I am still not sure if Tao should be allowed or not. Do you anyone less controversial you could use?

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh snap. I just noticed you're back. Dude if you are in the hospital focus on getting healthy. **** some comicvine ****. (my 2 cents)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#635  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@jacthripper: Just because it's not considered telepathy or psionic doesn't mean that it shouldn't be banned. It accomplishes the same ends.

He can erase memories and implant false ones

Manipulate people no matter how strong minded, intelligent, or strong of will into doing what he wants.

He rendered someone catatonic with just a conversation.

Control the physical actions of another.

Control other's perception of reality

I'm fine with you using his powers to find out things about people just by looking at them or talking to them, but none of the above listed things would be allowed for this thread.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: When manipulating people though, it actually only works if they're strong willed or intelligent, he couldn't talk an attack dog out of trying to kill him. He couldn't do it with a robot either. He also couldn't use his powers on one Holden Carver, but he still can screw him over regardless. I'm not using him for the ability, but I'm stating that he doesn't need it to mess with people.

And also, with the means to an end. Did you know there's a dentist who hypnotizes his patients rather than giving anesthetic? The result is actually more effective than the drug (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMehIYupv8 watch it, it's pretty cool).

If Tao hypnotizes someone without any powers, it could be the same effect as if he had drugged them. It's just a different method of delivery, sonic delivery rather than inhaled or injected. And what I'm stating is that Tao is capable of nothing more than the hypnotizing dentist, he can just do it faster and more efficiently. Is that telepathy? Is that mind control? Is that an illusion? No, he's literally just hypnotizing them. With Fuji, the only reason that worked was because Fuji was not actively trying to kill him. He made the mistake of a conversation before trying to take him in. But then when his dupe, who was hypnotized into acting like him, came up against someone like Mr. Majestic, the dupe got fried because Majestic didn't even bother responding to him except to kill him. Every time Tao's powers have worked in manipulating someone directly, it has been because he had already planned for that contingency, and was prepared for it. He has never used his "power" on the fly, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#637  Edited By Primez0ne

@lunacyde said:

@jacthripper: Just because it's not considered telepathy or psionic doesn't mean that it shouldn't be banned. It accomplishes the same ends.

Manipulate people no matter how strong minded, intelligent, or strong of will into doing what he wants.

I'm fine with you using his powers to find out things about people just by looking at them or talking to them, but none of the above listed things would be allowed for this thread.

Again he wasn't allowed any of this anyway so what was the problem? He even said he wasn't going to use it.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: Yes, I'm well aware I won't be able to use the "power", but I'm actually getting really into the philosophical portion of what makes it mind control. Because technically he's doing nothing that a human can't do.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#639 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: When manipulating people though, it actually only works if they're strong willed or intelligent, he couldn't talk an attack dog out of trying to kill him. He couldn't do it with a robot either. He also couldn't use his powers on one Holden Carver, but he still can screw him over regardless. I'm not using him for the ability, but I'm stating that he doesn't need it to mess with people.

And also, with the means to an end. Did you know there's a dentist who hypnotizes his patients rather than giving anesthetic? The result is actually more effective than the drug (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMehIYupv8 watch it, it's pretty cool).

If Tao hypnotizes someone without any powers, it could be the same effect as if he had drugged them. It's just a different method of delivery, sonic delivery rather than inhaled or injected. And what I'm stating is that Tao is capable of nothing more than the hypnotizing dentist, he can just do it faster and more efficiently. Is that telepathy? Is that mind control? Is that an illusion? No, he's literally just hypnotizing them. With Fuji, the only reason that worked was because Fuji was not actively trying to kill him. He made the mistake of a conversation before trying to take him in. But then when his dupe, who was hypnotized into acting like him, came up against someone like Mr. Majestic, the dupe got fried because Majestic didn't even bother responding to him except to kill him. Every time Tao's powers have worked in manipulating someone directly, it has been because he had already planned for that contingency, and was prepared for it. He has never used his "power" on the fly, so I wouldn't worry about it.

It doesn't matter how he does it. Doing those things is not in accordance with the spirit of the rules. That's all I'm saying. If you try using any of those abilities in action I will argue for their disqualification.

Then it will be up to the judges.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde said:

Again he wasn't allowed any of this anyway so what was the problem? He even said he wasn't going to use it.

I said I'm fine with it as long as he doesn't use any of those powers, so i'm glad we're all on the same page.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Oh, I won't use the "power" I'm just enjoying the fact that it's technically not against the rules.

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, totally not even close to mind control. Good thing Grifter didn't try to shoot him before he could say anything, or else his powers would have still worked. Except that's exactly what happened and his powers worked anyway, even though Grifter knew it was coming. The reason Majestic could fry Mister White is because Mister White doesn't actually have Tao's abilities. When confronted with the real thing, Majestic has been manipulated too.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esquire: You do realize that Tao had a mirror there? That's how he tricked Grifter, because he was really behind him. That's why it shattered, then he was in Tao's grasp. Anyways, I've already stated multiple times, I won't be using the ability, so I'll just be using his feat against those immune to his "powers" like Holden Carver.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#644  Edited By mickey-mouse

Great more BS powers. We seriously need a clear hax limit I can already see people trying the most sneaky ways to dance around the rules and spirit of the tourney. That's what makes stuff like this suck.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Can you maybe just pick someone else? Too many people are complaining.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primez0ne: Yeah, yeah, I'll have to change my character completely though. I'm tired of people getting mad because they know it's not against the rules, but still gets the same results.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#647  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@primez0ne: Yeah, yeah, I'll have to change my character completely though. I'm tired of people getting mad because they know it's not against the rules, but still gets the same results.

It is against the rules. It explicitly states "No mind control of any kind". You think you're being really clever, but you're not. It's clearly a form of mind control. If you can't seem to comprehend what the rules are made for that is your problem. We have rules to balance the game, not to try and loophole so the game is broken.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Then maybe you shouldn't have powers/skills like that. I know it isn't against the rules but it's best not to anger people unnecessarily.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#650 Lunacyde  Moderator

For the record I'm not angry lol. If it was up to me I'd say let him have his nerfed set. I just think it's not good for anyone when someone purposely tries to break the game.