Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By Storm Calling
@Outside_85 said:
" @Storm Calling: Then she's formed a thought that they can interpret clearly. "
If they are one and in sync, then yes she formed the thought instead. :)
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#202  Edited By Outside_85
@Storm Calling:
Then we are back to square one where both women knock each other out because they strike at the same time.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#203  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Outside_85 said:

"@god_spawn: Try some that convinces me he can dodge 30 tons of whale falling on his head with 9,82m/s. "

try convincing me that a 30 ton whale falls that fast and gains the height to reach those speeds so wolverine cant react.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Storm Calling
@Outside_85 said:
" @Storm Calling: Then we are back to square one where both women knock each other out because they strike at the same time. "
No we're not, we're at the end of the discussion. We overall came to the conclusion that Storm reacts before her own conscious thoughts because of her bond with nature. It allows for her to react before she herself is consciously aware. So it's more like Thought before Thought. 

Confusing stuff but viable none the less.  Thanks for the debate Outside. :)
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Outside_85

@Storm Calling:
Correction; you came to an agreement with yourself. 

But np, enjoy:

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Storm Calling
@Outside_85:  There is no argument if there are facts, all I was trying to do was help you understand them. It's confusing, yes. But that's what the overall conclusion comes down to. Sorry but I am done explaining the best that I could, comics doesn't always make the best of sense. :)
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Outside_85
@Storm Calling: 
It's not facts when you cant decide if she is consiously controlling the ability or not.  
And yes, i agree it doesnt make sense many times, that scan with Scott shooting at her for example, how does light and voltage cancel out kinetic force and light? 

@god_spawn:

9,82m/s is the speed any object falls with on the planet earth, its called gravity. 

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Storm Calling
@Outside_85: Force meets force, it's that simple.

And I did say she was both consciously and subconsciously controlling her power, while maintaining complete control over her whole self. I have answered all of your question and will do so no longer...
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Outside_85
@Storm Calling:
Again you contradict yourself from erlier when you added that the elements were some kind of third party in all of this...
AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#210  Edited By AgeofHurricane
@Outside_85: She blocked it......
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Outside_85
@AgeofHurricane:
Yes, and i am asking how? Lighting isnt solid matter.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Outside_85:
If wolverine can dodge automatic gunfire with minimal effort, run faster than a helicopter can lock onto him while shooting at him and move fast enough to look like a blur and give Pyslocke trouble tracking him and sabes while fighting, I dont see beast boy falling fast enough to smash him. If BB flew 30 feet in the air , he has to change and then he will fall its a 1-2 second window for wolverine to dodge and it will be easier to dodge due to it being a straight drop for Beast Boy.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By velle37

Storm looks hella sexy in that pic...... 

Gar looks pretty cool too, going ape on somebody....
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Storm Calling
@Outside_85 said:
" @AgeofHurricane: Yes, and i am asking how? Lighting isnt solid matter. "
iT'S A COMIC BOOK! :)
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@god_spawn:  Why would he need to fly 30 feet above him in order to change? What would keep him from turning into a flea, jumping into Wolverine's hair, and then changing into something much larger?
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Outside_85
@god_spawn:
And it wouldnt actually matter if Beastboy flew into Logans face before going whale. 
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By velle37
@Outside_85 said:
"

@Storm Calling:
Correction; you came to an agreement with yourself. 

But np, enjoy:

"

Lol
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Outside_85: 

And that is enough to knock Logan out when he tanks far worse and remains concious?

@Mechanical_Ape:

Whats keeping Logan from staying on beast boy's scent?  he may not see him but he can locate him none the less.

Fire Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Fire Star
@Outside_85 said:
"@AgeofHurricane: Yes, and i am asking how? Lighting isnt solid matter. "

Storm can use it as a concussive force though...
Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Outside_85
@god_spawn:
As i mentioned in my first reply to the topic of Logan vs. Logan, the green Logan would only pin him to the ground, possibly smother him like a 30 ton pillow made of whale blubber. 

Anyways it's not the only only thing he can do to Wolverine, turn into one of the extremely poisenous reptiles or insects and bit him since Wolverine is not immune to poisons (like he can still get drunk if he wants to). Also he can do what Wolverine himself did to Hulk in Old Man Logan, turn into a bacteria or worm then once inside Logan, change into something  huge. 
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Mechanical_Ape
@god_spawn:  Wolverine may be able to track Beast Boy by his scent, but that wouldn't necessarily help him in the fight. Gar can turn into things that Wolverine could not possibly see or track. Even if he knew he was nearby, there would be nothing he could do to prevent Beast Boy from approaching in the form of a microscopic creature.

This also makes me wonder what would happen if he turned into something like a skunk or any other creature that produces a specific musk or scent. Could he fill the air with so many different scents that Wolverine would not be able to accurately track any specific scent? I would assume something like this has to have happened in the comics before, but I can't recall. If anyone knows, it would be interesting to find out.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

Raven or Beast Boy could solo easily

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#223  Edited By Roddy010

Wow this is still going on...Storm and Wolverine...

Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Roddy010 said:
"

"
Lose badly
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Roddy010
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Roddy010 said:
"

"
Win easily "
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Roddy010 said:
" @Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Roddy010 said:
"

"
Win easily "
"
Going to be kind of hard when Raven dimension dumps both of them.  Or numbs both of their emotions and has Wolverine stick his claws through Storm's brain. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

Actually now that I think about it, Beast Boy could solo also since they can't hit him. 

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By Roddy010
@Cosmic_Falcon: Storm lights them up before it even gets to that point....
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Roddy010 said:

" @Cosmic_Falcon: Storm lights them up before it even gets to that point.... "

Raven has precognition, and can go intangible which means nothing Storm can do will effect her. 
And even if she didn't have precog, she can numb Storm and Wolverine with a thought. 

speed of thought >> lightning
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Roddy010
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Roddy010 said:
Raven has precognition, and can go intangible which means nothing Storm can do will effect her.  "

When has Raven ever gone intagible...Precognition won't help Raven here if Ororo has a faster reaction time than her....and if she does have intangibility that where Ororo's electricty comes into play to disrupt it...
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Roddy010 said:
" @Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Roddy010 said:
Raven has precognition, and can go intangible which means nothing Storm can do will effect her.  "
When has Raven ever gone intagible...Precognition won't help Raven here if Ororo has a faster reaction time than her....and if she does have intangibility that where Ororo's electricty comes into play to disrupt it... "
Precognition can help her because she'll know what's coming before Storm even thinks "ok I'll zap her with lightning" 
In the 80's Titan run, she could phase through solid objects.  Storm's lightning won't disrupt her because there isn't anything to actually disrupt

And Storm still can't react faster then thought, which means worse case scenario, Raven numbs her and makes her fry Wolverine instead.

Either way, Raven solos this fight easily.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@Mechanical_Ape: 

Wolverine may be able to track Beast Boy by his scent, but that wouldn't necessarily help him in the fight. Gar can turn into things that Wolverine could not possibly see or track. Even if he knew he was nearby, there would be nothing he could do to prevent Beast Boy from approaching in the form of a microscopic creature

I think it will help. He fights people blind before and goes off enhanced hearing and smell.  Locating by scent is nothing new to wolverine. The only problem i see with BB going so tiny is with morals on, how often does he do that? Is he more likely to turn into a dinosaur and charge someone? Or is he gonna shrink down to an amoeba and crawl on Logan and  whale out or something? With no morals i would give BB majority as he would find the quickest way to try an end it which he should be able to do. Same with Raven , no morals she would stomp team 1 , she soul selfs them and ends it.

This also makes me wonder what would happen if he turned into something like a skunk or any other creature that produces a specific musk or scent. Could he fill the air with so many different scents that Wolverine would not be able to accurately track any specific scent? I would assume something like this has to have happened in the comics before, but I can't recall. If anyone knows, it would be interesting to find out.

Wolverine's sense of smell has allowed him to pick up multiple scents at once and differentiates the scents. He has tracked people like prof x through multiple floors of the x mansion. he even picked up the scent of 3 people chasing him, and he figured out they were scared by even though they were a couple city blocks back. I dont believe it ever has happened as once he picks up a scent he knows where to locate the person or tell where a person has been.   BB's best shot is to go ameoba and whale him but again with morals on i dont know how often he does it. No morals Gar wins.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Storm Calling
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Roddy010 said:

Raven has precognition, and can go intangible which means nothing Storm can do will effect her.  And even if she didn't have precog, she can numb Storm and Wolverine with a thought.   speed of thought >> lightning "
Since when has lightning struck slower then the speed of thought? And that's not even taking into account that her lightning will strike before Storm's own speed of thought. The win clearly goes to team one because she is faster then Raven. Period. No precognition or intangibility will save her if she doesn't get the chance to use it...
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Storm Calling said:
" @Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Roddy010 said:

Raven has precognition, and can go intangible which means nothing Storm can do will effect her.  And even if she didn't have precog, she can numb Storm and Wolverine with a thought.   speed of thought >> lightning "
Since when has lightning struck slower then the speed of thought? And that's not even taking into account that her lightning will strike before Storm's own speed of thought. The win clearly goes to team one because she is faster then Raven. Period. No precognition or intangibility will save her if she doesn't get the chance to use it... "
It's not a matter of of lightning being faster then thought, it's a matter of Raven's powers working faster then Storm's do.  Before Storm even thinks "ok, zap her with lightning", Raven could literally numb all of her emotions and make her attack Wolverine instead.  It doesn't matter how fast Storm's attack is because she won't get it off in time

BTW Spiderman has also dodged Storm's lightning so it isn't very faster, it might be faster then Raven can dodge it, but not so fast that Raven can't put up a shield or go intangible

Raven slaughters both of them because her powers work faster and she's flat out far more powerful then Storm, she could easily kill Storm, Wolverine and a group of their X-men buddies if she wanted to.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Storm Calling
@Cosmic_Falcon: 
Storm's lightning= Before a conscious thought
Raven's Emotion Numb= After a conscious thought

Storm is faster. Period.
bag_o_x_men

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By bag_o_x_men
@god_spawn: 
Wolverine's sense of smell can be messed up.  Rogue threw him off with pepper before, and I believe he did have a bad run in with a skunk which rendered his scent tracking useless.  It wouldn't matter anyway.  Raven or Beast Boy could easily solo.  Emotional manipulation should be enough and that's not her best power.  Gar is very good at going from something small and unnoticeable like a dust mite to something like a tyrannosaurus as a surprise attack.  Neither Storm nor Wolverine can counter either of them.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Storm Calling
@bag_o_x_men: And neither Beast Boy or Raven can counter Storm.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Storm Calling said:
" @Cosmic_Falcon:  Storm's lightning= Before a conscious thought Raven's Emotion Numb= After a conscious thought  Storm is faster. Period. "
Once again
Raven's powers WORK faster.  Raven's emotion numb takes place BEFORE Storm's lightning which SPIDERMAN has dodged

Raven could kill Storm in an instant. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Storm Calling said:
" @bag_o_x_men: And neither Beast Boy or Raven can counter Storm. "
Beast Boy could fly into her brain and kill her, Beast Boy could solo this fight as well. 
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
@bag_o_x_men said:

" @god_spawn:  Wolverine's sense of smell can be messed up.  Rogue threw him off with pepper before, and I believe he did have a bad run in with a skunk which rendered his scent tracking useless.  It wouldn't matter anyway.  Raven or Beast Boy could easily solo.  Emotional manipulation should be enough and that's not her best power.  Gar is very good at going from something small and unnoticeable like a dust mite to something like a tyrannosaurus as a surprise attack.  Neither Storm nor Wolverine can counter either of them. "

first off thanks for the correction i couldnt recall any time when his sense of smell was messed up. But for how long and were they directly to his face? and agreed i already stated with no morals team 2 would win.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Storm Calling
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Cosmic_Falcon:  Storm's lightning= Before a conscious thought Raven's Emotion Numb= After a conscious thought  Storm is faster. Period. "
Once again Raven's powers WORK faster.  Raven's emotion numb takes place BEFORE Storm's lightning which SPIDERMAN has dodged  Raven could kill Storm in an instant.  "
Raven's power= After conscious thought

Storm's power= Before a conscious thought

It doesn't matter how fast her powers are because she will be down before she gets a chance to think to use them. Period.

Scan of spiderman dodging her lightning?
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Storm Calling
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Storm Calling said:
Beast Boy could fly into her brain and kill her, Beast Boy could solo this fight as well.  "
How if he's dead or Koed before he even gets the chance to counter her attack? He won't even have time to move let alone shapeshift.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Storm Calling said:
" @Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Storm Calling said:
Once again Raven's powers WORK faster.  Raven's emotion numb takes place BEFORE Storm's lightning which SPIDERMAN has dodged  Raven could kill Storm in an instant.  "
Raven's power= After conscious thought  Storm's power= Before a conscious thought   It doesn't matter how fast her powers are because she will be down before she gets a chance to think to use them. Period. Scan of spiderman dodging her lightning? "
Actually yeah, it does matter, storm clouds don't appear out of no where, which are needed to create lightning, even if Storm had faster reaction time [which I highly doubt] she'll be too numb to actually do anything.  Raven wins easily.

Don't have scans but it was from Secret Wars. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Storm Calling said:
" @Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Storm Calling said:
Beast Boy could fly into her brain and kill her, Beast Boy could solo this fight as well.  "
How if he's dead or Koed before he even gets the chance to counter her attack? He won't even have time to move let alone shapeshift. "
Storm's reaction time is no faster then Beast Boy's, he'll turn into a flea or some microscopic organism, fly into her brain, and expand, popping Storm's head like a balloon. 
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By Storm Calling
@Cosmic_Falcon said:

" @Storm Calling said:
" @Cosmic_Falcon said:
" @Storm Calling said:
Raven's power= After conscious thought  Storm's power= Before a conscious thought   It doesn't matter how fast her powers are because she will be down before she gets a chance to think to use them. Period. Scan of spiderman dodging her lightning? "
Actually yeah, it does matter, storm clouds don't appear out of no where, which are needed to create lightning, even if Storm had faster reaction time [which I highly doubt] she'll be too numb to actually do anything.  Raven wins easily.  Don't have scans but it was from Secret Wars.  "
Storm has peak human level reaction on top of generating her powers before a conscious thought.

And Storm doesn't need clouds to generate her lightning. 
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Storm Calling: Collective Man also dodged her lightning
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By Storm Calling
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@Storm Calling:  Nice scans, too bad none of them help her in the least bit, if you're trying to match raw power against Raven then good luck, let me know when Storm beat's a universe buster. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

Oh and Cyclops also dodged her lightning