Storm vs. War Machine and Iron Man.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:
"
We are not talking bodily reflexes here when you match Cap's speed vs Storm's. Storm is clearly beyond human reflexes when we consider her powers manifest's before she even forms a thought. If this guy is moving at 300 mph, he clearly isn't in the speed range to take on a vs human thought speed attack vs before human thought speed attack. So I don't really see a speed blitz as an option here if we consider this speed for tony. And that was my point all along.  

"

Storm's powers are at the speed of thought, and that's debatable. Not her reflexes, and her perception of things. In order to react to something, there has to be a certain stimuli to her brain. Her brain operates at normal speeds, even though her powers may comply to her will even faster. Of course, how can you use a power, without forming the thought first, we'll never know, but anyway. If someone is fast enough to cover at least 134 metres in a second, and Iron Man proved himself to be invisible to that said person, you are seriously implying that Storm would be able to perceive Iron Man? If that was your point all along as you said,  then excuse me, but I hadn't noticed you were making a case for Iron Man all this time.

@Storm Calling said:
" I still don't understand. How does him knowing she was going to strike with lightning help the fact that she was able to attack him before he could leap up and tackle her? Are you saying that he allowed Ororo to attack him with lightning just for the fun of it?
No. I'm saying that he knew Storm wouldn't unleash her full power in one shot, and what she would summon, the suit would easily shield him from, otherwise T'Challa wouldn't be stupid enough to jump in front of her, if he seriously thought her attack would kill him.

@Storm Calling said:
" We don't know how fast she can manifest her powers because they activate before she forms a thought. There are no human physical limitations that would prevent her from accomplishing the feat as far as we both are concerned. She saw him about to throw the hammer and her first thought(I'm Sure) was to move herself out of the way with her winds because that is what she was aloft on. It's the only explanation for why Claremont allowed Storm to keep up with beings as fast as the people I've shown and are far out of her human speed limitation class. Storm is clearly no slouch in the speed department and I think she is clearly a match for tony, maybe not both of them at the same time but one on one for sure. "
Storm is not a match for Iron Man in the speed department, and I proved so just one post above.

And another very good explanation as to why Claremont allowed Storm to keep up with beings that outclass her in speed, is that he didn't want to kill her off. But there is no Claremont here.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Storm Calling

No Storm's power is faster then speed of thought, I have proven that with this "self contained hurricane in less than a conscious thought" scan.

No Caption Provided

Her reflexes are definitely at peak human levels.

My case was to prove that ironman could not move or operate his armor at the speed he could think, which is picoseconds. With you admitting that he's somewhere in 300-600mph range you have now admitted that ironman does not move as fast as thought patterns for a speed blitz on Storm.

My point of the Black Panther feat was to show that Storm could attack Black Panther faster then he could attack her. Regardless to if he was shielded or not, her powers reacted faster then he could attack.

Claremont has a clear understanding of how Storm's powers work. He was infact the man who has written her since her birth, According to the scan, the hammer was thrown with tremendous force and it was definitely fatal enough to shatter storm's body into dust, and she was barely able to dodge it.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:
"No Storm's power is faster then speed of thought, I have proven that with this "self contained hurricane in less than a conscious thought" scan.

Her reflexes are definitely at peak human levels.  My case was to prove that ironman could not move or operate his armor at the speed he could think, which is picoseconds. With you admitting that he's somewhere in 300-600mph range you have now admitted that ironman does not move as fast as thought patterns for a speed blitz on Storm.  My point of the Black Panther feat was to show that Storm could attack Black Panther faster then he could attack her. Regardless to if he was shielded or not, her powers reacted faster then he could attack.  Claremont has a clear understanding of how Storm's powers work. He was infact the man who has written her since her both, According to the scan, the hammer was thrown with tremendous force and it was definitely fatal enough to shatter storm's body into dust, and she was barely able to dodge it. "

I'm slightly confused here...If she acknowledges what she must do, and THEN does it...Isn't that considered at the speed of thought, if anything?
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Storm Calling
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Storm Calling said:
"No Storm's power is faster then speed of thought, I have proven that with this "self contained hurricane in less than a conscious thought" scan.

No Caption Provided
  Her reflexes are definitely at peak human levels.  My case was to prove that ironman could not move or operate his armor at the speed he could think, which is picoseconds. With you admitting that he's somewhere in 300-600mph range you have now admitted that ironman does not move as fast as thought patterns for a speed blitz on Storm.  My point of the Black Panther feat was to show that Storm could attack Black Panther faster then he could attack her. Regardless to if he was shielded or not, her powers reacted faster then he could attack.  Claremont has a clear understanding of how Storm's powers work. He was infact the man who has written her since her both, According to the scan, the hammer was thrown with tremendous force and it was definitely fatal enough to shatter storm's body into dust, and she was barely able to dodge it. "

I'm slightly confused here...If she acknowledges what she must do, and THEN does it...Isn't that considered at the speed of thought, if anything? "
Not at all, because while she's saying it the Storm is apparently already blowing full force, according to the dialog.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:
" No Storm's power is faster then speed of thought, I have proven that with this "self contained hurricane in less than a conscious thought" scan.

No Caption Provided
   "
I have already explained the problems with this scan. Same way you don't acknoweldge my scans for Iron Man, only that here, the problem is far more obvious. There is no such thing as less than the speed of thought. Storm has to think to do something. Here not only she thinks about it, but she also speaks before doing it. So, unless Storm is capable of uttering a complete phrase in the blink of an eye, she actually makes a full thought, and then some before creating the hurricane.

@Storm Calling said:
"  My case was to prove that ironman could not move or operate his armor at the speed he could think, which is picoseconds. With you admitting that he's somewhere in 300-600mph range you have now admitted that ironman does not move as fast as thought patterns for a speed blitz on Storm.  "

Too bad I actually indulged you and proved Iron Man to be at the very least ten times faster than a peak human , who is Captain America. The claim that Storm is peak human is baseless, to say the least. She engages in regular exercise, and that's it. I have shown to you Iron Man disappearing in the blink of an eye, into thin air in front of a man who is 11 times faster than Captain America, and re-appearing behind him, with the man not being able to perceive him. A man who isn't peak human - he is an an enhanced human. Storm couldn't understand how Wolverine cut her cape (Claremont, with his great undersatnding of Storm's powers, also wrote that), and she can't be blitzed by someone several times faster? Please.

And my case was that Iron Man wins without moving, not that he can attack (physically) in picoseconds. If you were paying attention, you would have known this by now. But you were curious about how fast can Iron Man attack, and I gave an answer. Far above 10.7 times faster than a peak human could. And Storm is not on that level.

@Storm Calling said:
"  My point of the Black Panther feat was to show that Storm could attack Black Panther faster then he could attack her. Regardless to if he was shielded or not, her powers reacted faster then he could attack.  "
And Black Panther is slower than anyone else named here, so the point was moot, all along. But yes, I forgot. You said Black Panther's speed is comparable to Spider-man's.

@Storm Calling said:
"  Claremont has a clear understanding of how Storm's powers work. He was infact the man who has written her since her birth "

Indeed. And the same man had her being unable to perceive Logan, and being one shotted by Cyclops, from more than 300 metres away.

@Storm Calling said:
"  According to the scan, the hammer was thrown with tremendous force and it was definitely fatal enough to shatter storm's body into dust, and she was barely able to dodge it. "
I have gone to an in depth analysis of that scan, more than 3 times now.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:

I have already explained the problems with this scan. Same way you don't acknoweldge my scans for Iron Man, only that here, the problem is far more obvious. There is no such thing as less than the speed of thought. Storm has to think to do something. Here not only she thinks about it, but she also speaks before doing it. So, unless Storm is capable of uttering a complete phrase in the blink of an eye, she actually makes a full thought, and then some before creating the hurricane.

And I have already proven that you misrepresented the scan by saying she summoned the Storm before she replied to Xavier when It's clearly showing on the same panel, her with her hands up and eyes white with wind blowing from them. There was never any indication that she said those words before she created the Storm, you are only assuming she said it first. You have absolutely nothing to go on beside the dialog that you continue to ignore. 

Less then a conscious thought means that Storm's powers are actively running subconsciously in the background. They activate before she consciously thinks to summon them and carry out her will before she asks them to do so.That is what the scan is implying and describes. It's very similar to how she summons storm's unwillingly when her emotions get out of check. Weather doesn't just come out of nowhere, for her to even be able to create weather effects in the blink of an eye there would have to be some form of manipulation going on before she actually thinks to summon a Storm.

Too bad I actually indulged you and proved Iron Man to be at the very least ten times faster than a peak human , who is Captain America. The claim that Storm is peak human is baseless, to say the least. She engages in regular exercise, and that's it. I have shown to you Iron Man disappearing in the blink of an eye, into thin air in front of a man who is 11 times faster than Captain America, and re-appearing behind him, with the man not being able to perceive him. A man who isn't peak human - he is an an enhanced human. Storm couldn't understand how Wolverine cut her cape (Claremont, with his great undersatnding of Storm's powers, also wrote that), and she can't be blitzed by someone several times faster? Please.

And my case was that Iron Man wins without moving, not that he can attack (physically) in picoseconds. If you were paying attention, you would have known this by now. But you were curious about how fast can Iron Man attack, and I gave an answer. Far above 10.7 times faster than a peak human could. And Storm is not on that level.

A human that has trained from five to adult on how to fight, steal, and run is baseline? Cyclops hasn't even nearly been training that long and he is considered a peak human. Storm had the coordination of a young girl at the age of six months and has had training from multiple fighters in the past including members of the X-men. The woman has lead the team with no powers at all and has taken on people Captain America's speed and faster with no powers at all. Yes, Claremont has downplayed Storm quite a few times but he knows enough to make a point that her powers and skills are there when he's not. Wolverine cutting her cape and her not knowing would be her being downplayed, look at the feats i posted of her with gambit, calisto, and Black Panther and you would see that I'm not talking bull.

Crimson Commando for example-

And Black Panther is slower than anyone else named here, so the point was moot, all along. But yes, I forgot. You said Black Panther's speed is comparable to Spider-man's. 

Umm T'challa could stalemate Captain America.

And he's fast enough to keep up with and surprise wolverine

And I've seen him hold his own against ironman too...

Indeed. And the same man had her being unable to perceive Logan, and being one shotted by Cyclops, from more than 300 metres away. 

You mean like this?
Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Stormcell

Don't forget X-Men issue 60 where Storm dodges Scott who blasts at her in machine gun fashion.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158  Edited By Matezoide2

wait,so Storm "defeated" Cylcops by removing his visors?
if that was a true fight,Cyclops would have killed her
not to mention,Madelyne Prior made Cyclops lose the fight and ,even if she hadnt,it would have been PIS

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:

" And I have already proven that you misrepresented the scan by saying she summoned the Storm before she replied to Xavier when It's clearly showing on the same panel, her with her hands up and eyes white with wind blowing from them. There was never any indication that she said those words before she created the Storm, you are only assuming she said it first. You have absolutely nothing to go on beside the dialog that you continue to ignore. 

"

I don't ignore the dialogue. I actually acknowledge it. The narration comes after the dialogue in the scan.

@Storm Calling said:

"
Less then a conscious thought means that Storm's powers are actively running subconsciously in the background. They activate before she consciously thinks to summon them and carry out her will before she asks them to do so.That is what the scan is implying and describes. It's very similar to how she summons storm's unwillingly when her emotions get out of check. Weather doesn't just come out of nowhere, for her to even be able to create weather effects in the blink of an eye there would have to be some form of manipulation going on before she actually thinks to summon a Storm.

What you purposely fail to understand is this: the blink of an eye, roughly equals, the speed of thought. Once you said the following, nothing else actually mattered:

@Storm Calling said:

"   Her reflexes are definitely at peak human levels.   "

Even if Storm's reflexes and speed were at peak human levels (which they are not), that would translate that she is 11 times slower than Mallen, in front of whom Iron Man disappeared in the blink of an eye. Since Mallen has enhanced speed and reflexes, his thought process must match his speed, it would be illogical to think it is otherwise. In our case, his thought must analogically be at approximately the same level as his speed is - 11 times faster than someone who is above the best Olympic athlete (Captain America). And he couldn't even see Iron Man. How all these, that I actually have to analyze more than once, are proof that Storm would not be blitzed by Iron Man, are beyond me, and honestly, at this point, I do not care. 

@Storm Calling said:

" A human that has trained from five to adult on how to fight, steal, and run is baseline? Cyclops hasn't even nearly been training that long and he is considered a peak human. Storm had the coordination of a young girl at the age of six months and has had training from multiple fighters in the past including members of the X-men. The woman has lead the team with no powers at all and has taken on people Captain America's speed and faster with no powers at all. Yes, Claremont has downplayed Storm quite a few times but he knows enough to make a point that her powers and skills are there when he's not. Wolverine cutting her cape and her not knowing would be her being downplayed, look at the feats i posted of her with gambit, calisto, and Black Panther and you would see that I'm not talking bull.

I hope you realize that none of these actually matters. You name experience/training, which are irrelevant to her physical condition in general. A person is able to posess great physical attributes, without actually being at peak condition You name which people she has faced, yet Storm has not disappeared in the blink of an eye in front of a superhuman opponent, leaving him wonder as to her whereabouts, so that is also irrelevant. We aren't talking about "taking on superhuman opponents". We are talking about them being unable to perceive her, which they clearly can.

I don't say you speak "bull". I say that Storm's speed fluctuates, to the point that we cannot be certain about the exact level, and there is no indication whatsoever, nor anything in your last argument, to confirm that she is, in fact, peak human. And Cyclops isn't peak human, either. Even if he was, that would be no reason as to why Storm should be his equal.

No Caption Provided

@Storm Calling

said:

" Umm T'challa could stalemate Captain America.

And he's fast enough to keep up with and surprise wolverine

"

Congratulations, I've known/seen both of these. None of the two are anywhere near Spider-man's league when it comes to speed, and when I was saying "slower than anyone here", I was referring to Mallen, Spider-man and Iron Man, not Captain America, since I've already shown Mallen to be far faster than he is. It is generally regarded here that had not the plot being "protecting" Captain America on certain occasions against Spider-man, his great experience and fighting skill would be no match for someone who is so drastically superior in any other way. And yet you say to me that the Panther stalemated Steve - which Spider-man has also done, with bad writing, and without even trying to hurt him. None of the two feats put T'Challa significantly above Steve's, let alone Spider-man's level of speed. But, if you doubt about any of these, you are free to create/bump one of the already existing threads concerning these characters, since this is getting far off topic.

@Storm Calling said:

"

You mean like this?
"

No, like this. 

No Caption Provided

Really, I do not see any way we can get over this point, and if after anything I have done until now, you (obviously) still passionately believe Storm to be more than a match for Iron Man's speed level, then I honestly have nothing more to contribute on this thread. I have grown weary of this, for some time now.
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By BatDance
@Storm Calling said:

"  Xavier asks Storm to create a hurricane and her powers already go to work before she thinks to to summon the storm... "

Ironman still wins and War Machine can solo

plus Storm has no durability
 :

"  "

Avatar image for the_incredible_huck
The Incredible Huck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stormcell said:
"

1)  A sonic device against somebody who can control the medium that sound needs to travel on? Not very smart. Sonar weapons should be useless against Ororo.

2) Some of you are right about this being a "spite" thread. Storm wins easily, or have you forgotten that IM and WM have suits that requires electrical power and EM fields to operate. In an issue of Black Panther, with just a thought, Storm made the power than ran a spaceship go away thus robbing it of all its energy it needed to function. What's to stop her from commanding the energy to leave IM's and WM's armors the same way? 

She can beat them easily. You see, when a character is as powerful and versatile as Storm, it doesn't always take HUGE power displays to beat the enemy. Sometimes, a pin is all that is required and one can leave the mallet in the garage. ;) 

http://img71.imageshack.us/i/emdownpf3.jpg/     "

@Stormcell:
I agree that HUGE power displays are unnecessary. A single bullet from Iron Man or War Machine is all that it takes to kill Storm. People seem to forget that despite her elemental powers (which are very badass by the way) she has the same physiology as a human. Meaning; She may be able to dish it out, but she does not do well on the receiving end. Fighting Iron Man and/or War Machine requires some serious defensive capabilities and I just dont see Storm being able to stop either of their firepower. If Iron Man can handle Thor's lightning/weather attacks long enough to land a punch or two he should have no problem doing the same to Storm. Only difference is a single punch from Iron Man KO's Storm.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Stormultt
@BatDance said:
"@Storm Calling said:

"  Xavier asks Storm to create a hurricane and her powers already go to work before she thinks to to summon the storm... "

:

"  "

"

That picture has no relevance in this thread smarta#@ she was standing right there and obviously didn't care afterwards.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#163  Edited By Son Of Storm
@BatDance said:
" @Storm Calling said:

:

"  "

"
OOOOOO so mature..
and dint spider-man BEG for Storm not to reduce him to the bug he is.
"Please don't hurricane me!"
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Son Of Storm said:
" @BatDance said:
" @Storm Calling said:

:

"  "

"
OOOOOO so mature..
"
Spider-man took it easy on her. If Pete wished it, the punch would have penetrated her skull as if it were butter.

On a serious note, why do people actually take what BatDance, of all people, posts, seriously, I'll never know.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#165  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @BatDance said:
" @Storm Calling said:

:

"  "

"
OOOOOO so mature..
"
Spider-man took it easy on her. If Pete wished it, the punch would have penetrated her skull as if it were butter.

On a serious note, why do people actually take what BatDance, of all people, posts, seriously, I'll never know. "
I plead "temporary fanboism."
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:

"I don't ignore the dialogue. I actually acknowledge it. The narration comes after the dialogue in the scan. 

What you purposely fail to understand is this: the blink of an eye, roughly equals, the speed of thought. Once you said the following, nothing else actually mattered: 

Even if Storm's reflexes and speed were at peak human levels (which they are not), that would translate that she is 11 times slower than Mallen, in front of whom Iron Man disappeared in the blink of an eye. Since Mallen has enhanced speed and reflexes, his thought process must match his speed, it would be illogical to think it is otherwise. In our case, his thought must analogically be at approximately the same level as his speed is - 11 times faster than someone who is above the best Olympic athlete (Captain America). And he couldn't even see Iron Man. How all these, that I actually have to analyze more than once, are proof that Storm would not be blitzed by Iron Man, are beyond me, and honestly, at this point, I do not care. 

I hope you realize that none of these actually matters. You name experience/training, which are irrelevant to her physical condition in general. A person is able to posess great physical attributes, without actually being at peak condition You name which people she has faced, yet Storm has not disappeared in the blink of an eye in front of a superhuman opponent, leaving him wonder as to her whereabouts, so that is also irrelevant. We aren't talking about "taking on superhuman opponents". We are talking about them being unable to perceive her, which they clearly can.

I don't say you speak "bull". I say that Storm's speed fluctuates, to the point that we cannot be certain about the exact level, and there is no indication whatsoever, nor anything in your last argument, to confirm that she is, in fact, peak human. And Cyclops isn't peak human, either. Even if he was, that would be no reason as to why Storm should be his equal.

Congratulations, I've known/seen both of these. None of the two are anywhere near Spider-man's league when it comes to speed, and when I was saying "slower than anyone here", I was referring to Mallen, Spider-man and Iron Man, not Captain America, since I've already shown Mallen to be far faster than he is. It is generally regarded here that had not the plot being "protecting" Captain America on certain occasions against Spider-man, his great experience and fighting skill would be no match for someone who is so drastically superior in any other way. And yet you say to me that the Panther stalemated Steve - which Spider-man has also done, with bad writing, and without even trying to hurt him. None of the two feats put T'Challa significantly above Steve's, let alone Spider-man's level of speed. But, if you doubt about any of these, you are free to create/bump one of the already existing threads concerning these characters, since this is getting far off topic.

No, like this. 

Really, I do not see any way we can get over this point, and if after anything I have done until now, you (obviously) still passionately believe Storm to be more than a match for Iron Man's speed level, then I honestly have nothing more to contribute on this thread. I have grown weary of this, for some time now. "

No you are just arguing in circles with me and now you want to leave before I can prove that Storm does in fact have enough showing that put her well in the range of peak human levels. The narration in the scan started in the second panel when all of this confusion is taking place. It did not finish until the last panel. There are absolutely no contradictions in the scan and I have proven that, you are now just grasping at strings. Storm has strained her body to the max with the best over in africa, that is why she was the best lock picker and thief in all of cairo. By the time she joined the X-men she was already rivaling Scott's position as best fighter and leader to the team. Her fight with Crimson Commando should have more then proved that she was well within the range of peak human or beyond. His very mutant power is to peak baseline human perfection like Captain America and Storm not only held her own with him but kicked his ass.

Her reflexes are definitely in peak human levels but her powers work in superhuman reflex levels. That is the point I was trying to make and what you keep confusing yourself with. The guy from extremist will lose a speed race if we put him in a test simulation to see if he can reach a target before Storm can strike it with lightning. He's not faster then thought speed and he's definitely not faster then before human thought speed. Even if ironman appeared as a blurr to him he still stopped behind him and attacked before he could take him out. The guy clearly was limited to physical movement in order to project his powers, Storm is not however...

Storm's speed does not and has not fluntuated, the problem is she's written down alot and it can get confusing at times what her true power levels are. The rule here however is that we go by showings when they are not being played down and I have proven and shown many instances where Storm has held her own and defeated people well past her human speed.

As for Black Panther, I've seen him hold his own with Cap

Same with Ironman

As for cyclops, she was clearly hesitent in the scan with her getting shot down.  But lets try this one-

Cyclops is a joke to Storm now 

I am still sticking with Storm being fast enough to hold her own with Ironman, you have not given me enough that suggest otherwise, Sorry, it really was a nice debate...
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By geraldthesloth

Iron Man and War Machine destroy her, either can solo this.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Storm Calling
@BatDance said:
" @Storm Calling said:

:

"  "

"
Lame, Storm was in a trance and spiderman punched her to get her out of it. It was more comedy then relevance

Storm's durability is with her wind and lightning. Check the scan above when she blocked Cyclop's blast with lightning....
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:

"No you are just arguing in circles with me and now you want to leave before I can prove that Storm does in fact have enough showing that put her well in the range of peak human levels.
 "

Now you are just trying to get a response. If you could have persuaded me that Storm is peak human, and above, you would have done so already. Show me a scan of her vanishing inot thin air, in front of a superhuman, far above Cap's level, and I'll gladly concede. As for me wanting to leave. You may not realize it, but just because you are new here, and Storm is all you wish to debate about, that does not mean I have to try and repeat myself each and every time a Storm fan joins the site and has his own views on Ororo, and how her abilities tarnish everyone else.

@Storm Calling said:

"No you are just arguing in circles with me and now you want to leave before I can prove that Storm does in fact have enough showing that put her well in the range of peak human levels. The narration in the scan started in the second panel when all of this confusion is taking place. It did not finish until the last panel. There are absolutely no contradictions in the scan and I have proven that, you are now just grasping at strings.

Even if it would be so, I already stated my problems with that, above.

@Storm Calling said:
"

Her reflexes are definitely in peak human levels but her powers work in superhuman reflex levels. That is the point I was trying to make and what you keep confusing yourself with. The guy from extremist will lose a speed race if we put him in a test simulation to see if he can reach a target before Storm can strike it with lightning. He's not faster then thought speed and he's definitely not faster then before human thought speed. Even if ironman appeared as a blurr to him he still stopped behind him and attacked before he could take him out. The guy clearly was limited to physical movement in order to project his powers, Storm is not however...

"

Defeating someone who is peak human, still doesn't make you peak human, if the guy with whom you are fighting has no credible h2h feats, in order to use his supposed physical skills at their fullest, like Captain America does. Especially since I have specifically stated that merely being at Captain America's level is insufficient. And I have already said that Storm's leadership abilities, or strain in her lifetime doesn't make her equal to Captain America, nor do they make her Olympic level.

@Storm Calling said:

"

I have given you exact figures for this, and my point stands. You can try and diminish the character, but his, and Storm's speed remain given.

@Storm Calling said:
"

Storm's speed does not and has not fluntuated, the problem is she's written down alot and it can get confusing at times what her true power levels are. The rule here however is that we go by showings when they are not being played down and I have proven and shown many instances where Storm has held her own and defeated people well past her human speed.

"

And none of which was at Mallen's level, but that's about the 5th time I say that. As for writers downplaying her...You can't have it both ways. When she's dodging Thor it's OK, and not PIS, but when she gets tagged, then it's PIS? As you would have said, "I don't buy it".

@Storm Calling said:
"    I am still sticking with Storm being fast enough to hold her own with Ironman, you have not given me enough that suggest otherwise, Sorry, it really was a nice debate... "

You mean except him vanishing in front of someone who is faster than she'll ever be..? Couldn't resist saying that.

I didn't mind this debate, either.

Nice scans by the way, but none of them proves anything. And  T'Challa has been written to have a chance with someone who destroys planets and reacts in nanoseconds. Holding his own against Iron Man (I'm sure you post it to indicate there is no speed difference, because otherwise T'Challa was wearing his suit in that fight) doesn't surprise me.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

"No you are just arguing in circles with me and now you want to leave before I can prove that Storm does in fact have enough showing that put her well in the range of peak human levels.
 "

Now you are just trying to get a response. If you could have persuaded me that Storm is peak human, and above, you would have done so already. Show me a scan of her vanishing inot thin air, in front of a superhuman, far above Cap's level, and I'll gladly concede. As for me wanting to leave. You may not realize it, but just because you are new here, and Storm is all you wish to debate about, that does not mean I have to try and repeat myself each and every time a Storm fan joins the site and has his own views on Ororo, and how her abilities tarnish everyone else.

@Storm Calling said:

"No you are just arguing in circles with me and now you want to leave before I can prove that Storm does in fact have enough showing that put her well in the range of peak human levels. The narration in the scan started in the second panel when all of this confusion is taking place. It did not finish until the last panel. There are absolutely no contradictions in the scan and I have proven that, you are now just grasping at strings.

Even if it would be so, I already stated my problems with that, above.

@Storm Calling said:
"

"

Defeating someone who is peak human, still doesn't make you peak human, if the guy with whom you are fighting has no credible h2h feats, in order to use his supposed physical skills at their fullest, like Captain America does. Especially since I have specifically stated that merely being at Captain America's level is insufficient. And I have already said that Storm's leadership abilities, or strain in her lifetime doesn't make her equal to Captain America, nor do they make her Olympic level.

@Storm Calling

said:

"

I have given you exact figures for this, and my point stands. You can try and diminish the character, but his, and Storm's speed remain given.

@Storm Calling said:
"

"

And none of which was at Mallen's level, but that's about the 5th time I say that. As for writers downplaying her...You can't have it both ways. When she's dodging Thor it's OK, and not PIS, but when she gets tagged, then it's PIS? As you would have said, "I don't buy it".

@Storm Calling said:
"    I am still sticking with Storm being fast enough to hold her own with Ironman, you have not given me enough that suggest otherwise, Sorry, it really was a nice debate... "

You mean except him vanishing in front of someone who is faster than she'll ever be..? Couldn't resist saying that.

I didn't mind this debate, either.

Nice scans by the way, but none of them proves anything. And  T'Challa has been written to have a chance with someone who destroys planets and reacts in nanoseconds. Holding his own against Iron Man (I'm sure you post it to indicate there is no speed difference, because otherwise T'Challa was wearing his suit in that fight) doesn't surprise me. "
I am finished, you are now ignoring my points and facts and is turning this into a bashing towards me.

One thing I will reply to is that Cyclops clearly stated that Storm was hesitant and that she presumably missed her target on purpose in hopes of not destroying him in the fourth panel. You have clearly ignored what I said and is now only trying to consider my knowledge of Storm to be clouded and delusional. I would say the same toward the feats you posted that would explicitly imply that ironman can fight in picosecond speeds which put him way beyond anyone below superman speed...

Have a nice day.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#171  Edited By Roddy010
@Storm Calling: awww...don't give up StormCalling...I was rooting for you....
Avatar image for stormamazonphien_d_x
StormAmazonPhien(d)x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still rooting for you Stormcalling
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By cracks
@StormAmazonPhien(d)x: Yeah.       %Pr
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Stormultt

This was a pleasent display of debating with sense though. i will admit that.
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#175  Edited By rbysjti

Storm is really powerful. Iron Man and War Machine's armors are an easy way for Storm to beat them.

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By glforthewin

if this is extremis  iron man or current war machine then they'd win

xan84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By xan84

Creap not this again.
Charmed12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Charmed12

Storm can just take the air out of their lungs 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Matezoide2
@Charmed12 said:

" Storm can just take the air out of their lungs  "

The_Warlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#180  Edited By The_Warlord

The Armored heroes win

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

the cyborgs dominate
rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#182  Edited By rbysjti

Storm wins this battle. an EMP to both machines will do the trick.

drkcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By drkcloud
@rbysjti: they should both be immune to EMP bursts, considering how they took a nuke a nuke and came out with working suits. 
~i would have to say storm , shes conjured cosmic storms and manipulated solar winds before.
drkcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By drkcloud
@Matezoide: thats not THAT bad,  i mean Storm can seperate Oxygen from water i'm sure she can seperate oxygen from air.
Doorknobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Doorknobs

IM and WM take this with absolute ease 

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Stormcell
@drkcloud said:
" @Matezoide: thats not THAT bad,  i mean Storm can seperate Oxygen from water i'm sure she can seperate oxygen from air. "

She can do this. She demonstrated atomic control over air when she fought the Silver Surfer.
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By geometry
@drkcloud said:
" @Matezoide: thats not THAT bad,  i mean Storm can seperate Oxygen from water i'm sure she can seperate oxygen from air. "
I would love to see anyone separate oxygen from air, let alone Storm. I know of n one that could, except maybe Webster.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#188  Edited By Korg
@geometry said:

" I would love to see anyone separate oxygen from air, let alone Storm."

Do you not breathe or what?
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By cracks
@Korg: He breathes triangles, rectangles and parallelograms. 

@geometry said:
" @drkcloud said:
I would love to see anyone separate oxygen from air, let alone Storm. I know of n one that could, except maybe Webster. "

Why did you just steal Webster's dictionary? I saw you steal it. You evil triangle. 
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By geometry
@Korg said:
"@geometry said:

" I would love to see anyone separate oxygen from air, let alone Storm."

Do you not breathe or what? "
Yes. I tend to breathe air or oxygen. Or maybe both. Have you noticed that no one has ever stated, "there's oxygen in that air over there". LMAO
@cracks said:
"@Korg: He breathes triangles, rectangles and parallelograms. 

@geometry said:
" @drkcloud said:
I would love to see anyone separate oxygen from air, let alone Storm. I know of n one that could, except maybe Webster. "
Why did you just steal Webster's dictionary? I saw you steal it. You evil triangle.  "

LOL You made a funny. Yay!
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By cracks
@geometry: Wrong!. You only breathe hectagons and squares. LOL.
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By geometry
@cracks said:
" @geometry: Wrong!. You only breathe hectagons and squares. LOL. "

And what exactly do you breate? I'm curious.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By cracks
All I want to know is what you were breathing when Storm was sitting on your face. 

LOL. 
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Korg
@geometry said:

" Yes. I tend to breathe air or oxygen. Or maybe both. Have you noticed that no one has ever stated, "there's oxygen in that air over there". LMAO "

Well, when you breathe air, you are separating the oxygen from the other elements in it. Also, I have heard more than one person say things like, "There's some good oxygen in this air." Most of them are science teachers, but it does happen. If air was pure oxygen, the Earth's entire atmosphere would be combustible.
geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By geometry
@Korg said:
"@geometry said:

" Yes. I tend to breathe air or oxygen. Or maybe both. Have you noticed that no one has ever stated, "there's oxygen in that air over there". LMAO "

Well, when you breathe air, you are separating the oxygen from the other elements in it. Also, I have heard more than one person say things like, "There's some good oxygen in this air." Most of them are science teachers, but it does happen. If air was pure oxygen, the Earth's entire atmosphere would be combustible. "
I'm not sure you're so much separating it, as you are converting it. But whatever. I'm not a science teacher.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By cracks
@geometry: Correct. You are a geometry teacher. LOL.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Korg
@geometry said:
" I'm not sure you're so much separating it, as you are converting it. But whatever. I'm not a science teacher. "
You're separating it. The oxygen is converted into CO2. Air is about 78% nitrogren, which is an inert gas, meaning you just exhale it again.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#198  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Iron Man and War machine. Lets be serious for a second.

geometry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By geometry
@cracks said:
" @geometry: Correct. You are a geometry teacher. LOL. "
You're exactly right. A^2 + B^2 = C^2.
@Korg said:
" @geometry said:
" I'm not sure you're so much separating it, as you are converting it. But whatever. I'm not a science teacher. "
You're separating it. The oxygen is converted into CO2. Air is about 78% nitrogren, which is an inert gas, meaning you just exhale it again. "

Alright. I can admit when I'm wrong.
cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By cracks
@geometry: Don't forget that All triangles have a sum of 180 degrees on the inside.