Storm vs. War Machine and Iron Man.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Until anyone here manages to prove that Storm has reaction timing above Tony and Rhodey and will somehow manage to get a strike before they shield up, all the " very good points" made, are nonexistent, and therefore a waste of time. Especially since all the people here think they just said something entirely novel, when we've been though all these already in the Iron Man vs Storm thread which lasted for more than 150 pages, just because some people with the same preferences demonstrate their inability to accept very simple things.
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Yaujtapool
@Morpheus_ said:
" Until anyone here manages to prove that Storm has reaction timing above Tony and Rhodey and will somehow manage to get a strike before they shield up, all the " very good points" made, are nonexistent, and therefore a waste of time. Especially since all the people here think they just said something entirely novel, when we've been though all these already in the Iron Man vs Storm thread which lasted for more than 150 pages, just because some people with the same preferences demonstrate their inability to accept very simple things. "
Best thing to do here is forget about this thread cause i can see it turning into something that will be never ending and with certain people not willing to accept the very blatant facts.....
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Doorknobs said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
"
O please. Either of them can take her down (wont be easy) but they can. This is spite plain and simple. and needs to be locked "
It seems anytime Storm loses, regardless of opponent, you and the other Storm Fanboys call it a spite thread. "
Actually no I do not. But even this is spite to the extreme. What is she gonna do to them? In the Storm vs Ironman battle she lost adding WM is OVERKILL...

And please. I'm not a storm crazy.....
get it straight please
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Stormcell said:
" @Son Of Storm: Why would you say that to Storm Calling? He raised some very good points. Storm can steal the air out of the lungs of the people who control the armor and play with the environment within the armor. They have no defense against these tactics. So you can add this to the list I already came up with for ways for Storm to gain a victory. "
No she can't IM frequently goes into space. His armor is self sustaining.
Avatar image for stormamazonphien_d_x
StormAmazonPhien(d)x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

GO Storm!
Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Stormcell
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Stormcell said:
" @Son Of Storm: Why would you say that to Storm Calling? He raised some very good points. Storm can steal the air out of the lungs of the people who control the armor and play with the environment within the armor. They have no defense against these tactics. So you can add this to the list I already came up with for ways for Storm to gain a victory. "
No she can't IM frequently goes into space. His armor is self sustaining.
"

That simply means that his armor has life support much like a spaceship. Storm can control the air in spaceships and artificial environments as well. She has always been able to do so. Storm can still rob his lungs of air and prevent the air from entering back into his system if she pleases. Heck, she can render his armor inoperative by robbing it of the electrical power it needs to function. IM and WM can't do anythning about these kinds of attacks from Storm.
Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Stormcell
@Morpheus_ said:
"Until anyone here manages to prove that Storm has reaction timing above Tony and Rhodey and will somehow manage to get a strike before they shield up, all the " very good points" made, are nonexistent, and therefore a waste of time. Especially since all the people here think they just said something entirely novel, when we've been though all these already in the Iron Man vs Storm thread which lasted for more than 150 pages, just because some people with the same preferences demonstrate their inability to accept very simple things. "

First off, a shield isn't going to work against Storm. Stardust is a Herald of Galactus composed of energy. Storm was able to steal electrons from him/her and send them back into him/her with such force that she completely destroyed his/her body. The force field IM or WM is going to try and use is composed of energy, thus Storm could do the same thing to them. That said, I believe their shields are electromagnetic. This means that Storm can take direct control over their defensive shields. That said, she wouldn't even have to worry herself about the shields as she can just choose to control the environment on the inside of the shield where the people are.  

As far as reaction time, Storm can use her powers with less than a conscious thought. 

Honestly, I don't know how a fight between Storm and Iron Man went on for 150 pages. Storm should have won that fight easily. Adding WM to the mix doesn't make the fight any harder for Storm as she can take them both out just as easily as she takes out one by using the same tactics on them at the same time (ie. robbing their suits of the energy they need to function, stealing the air out of the lungs of the human users, playing with the pressure in their bodies or the temperature within the suit, etc)
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:

" Until anyone here manages to prove that Storm has reaction timing above Tony and Rhodey and will somehow manage to get a strike before they shield up, all the " very good points" made, are nonexistent, and therefore a waste of time. Especially since all the people here think they just said something entirely novel, when we've been though all these already in the Iron Man vs Storm thread which lasted for more than 150 pages, just because some people with the same preferences demonstrate their inability to accept very simple things. "

Self Contained Hurricane In Less Than A Conscious Thought

I wasn't here for an ironman vs Storm battle...
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"Until anyone here manages to prove that Storm has reaction timing above Tony and Rhodey and will somehow manage to get a strike before they shield up, all the " very good points" made, are nonexistent, and therefore a waste of time. Especially since all the people here think they just said something entirely novel, when we've been though all these already in the Iron Man vs Storm thread which lasted for more than 150 pages, just because some people with the same preferences demonstrate their inability to accept very simple things. "

First off, a shield isn't going to work against Storm. Stardust is a Herald of Galactus composed of energy. Storm was able to steal electrons from him/her and send them back into him/her with such force that she completely destroyed his/her body. The force field IM or WM is going to try and use is composed of energy, thus Storm could do the same thing to them. That said, I believe their shields are electromagnetic. This means that Storm can take direct control over their defensive shields. That said, she wouldn't even have to worry herself about the shields as she can just choose to control the environment on the inside of the shield where the people are.  

As far as reaction time, Storm can use her powers with less than a conscious thought.  Honestly, I don't know how a fight between Storm and Iron Man went on for 150 pages. Storm should have won that fight easily. Adding WM to the mix doesn't make the fight any harder for Storm as she can take them both out just as easily as she takes out one by using the same tactics on them at the same time (ie. robbing their suits of the energy they need to function, stealing the air out of the lungs of the human users, playing with the pressure in their bodies or the temperature within the suit, etc) "

Stardust is a being purely composed from energy, that is true. What is also true, is that Stardust, as any herald of Galactus, has complete control over her own body, control, which far surpasses Storm's, and as such we have to think of it as a feat that is questionable in nature, to say the least. Considering that in the same comic Black Panther immobilised Silver Surfer in an armbar.

The force field is part of the repulsor ray technology, which empowers the Iron Man suit, in the first place. But it is true, Iron Man has employed forcefields of different nature, and is still capable of doing so, if necessary. Fields which would include magnetic fields, as well. Fields, of similar nature to those of Magneto – whose field I don’t recall Storm coming remotely close at “controlling”. But, let us assume, even though none of the two of us can actually really disprove/prove (to) the other, that Storm could indeed do so. Now, even if Storm indeed possessed the amount of control, and precision, as well as the actual ability to attempt and completely disperse it, what will  Iron Man be doing in the mean time? Sit still? No. Trying to do the task you named, while you try and dodge someone coming towards you at Mach 9 to take your head off, or use an energy beam and take you down, is hardly easy. I won't even mention that here she is facing two people of the same nature, and abilities. And no, Storm does not have the reflexes to dodge - despite her great power she is human, and not even peak human, at that. Normal reaction time/agility, normal durability.

The opening gap is also not great, and Tony's/Rhodey's reaction timing is greater than her's - that's a given. You speak of Storm making things happen instantly, as if Iron Man can't do the same. You called the high frequency attack "not very smart" because Storm controls the air. Storm controls nothing, because before she can even form the thought that she is being under the high frequency attack, and try and defend, the attack will have already have her mind shut down. The Extremis virus enhanced Tony to superhuman levels in speed/durability and reaction timing, to the point he was capable of reacting fast enough to dodge an unrestrained Spider-man (15x times faster than a normal human, including Storm), and compete and actually impress Sentry with his speed (Sentry was still faster, and he said so, but Tony's speed was enough to take on him, anyway). Tony thinks, and the armour reacts instantly to his thoughts. I have given a full analysis on his enhancements by the virus in several threads, and repetitiveness make me grow weary. Even if Storm's powers did work instantaneously, Iron Man thinks, and reacts, faster. And when your opponent is a normal human, and you have in your hands a suit that enhances your already superhuman reflexes, and you also possess the means (automatic targeting system, 100 tons strength) to level your opponent with just one blast/punch, that counts for a lot.

I won't comment on the rest, because that is just your opinion on the matter, which will not change, no matter what happens. Your mind is made up, and I am honestly tired even by thinking how this possible debate will turn out. The memory of the Iron Man vs Storm thread has not yet faded away.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

I wasn't here for an ironman vs Storm battle... "
Which I have seen numerous times, and means nothing. I'm talking about reaction timing. Not to mention, that her replying "certainly professor Xavier" after the information given by Xavier, hardly makes it "less than a conscious thought". The scan contradicts itself There are scans that would serve your case better. But I won't make it for you.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Matezoide2
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Which I have seen numerous times, and means nothing. I'm talking about reaction timing. Not to mention, that her replying "certainly professor Xavier" after the information given by Xavier, hardly makes it "less than a conscious thought". The scan contradicts itself There are scans that would serve your case better. But I won't make it for you. "
"contradicts itself"?
that remembers me of Phoenix Wright (point-n-click game),but yeah,what you said is true

IM and WM still stomps
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

As far as reaction time, Storm can use her powers with less than a conscious thought.  Honestly, I don't know how a fight between Storm and Iron Man went on for 150 pages. Storm should have won that fight easily. Adding WM to the mix doesn't make the fight any harder for Storm as she can take them both out just as easily as she takes out one by using the same tactics on them at the same time (ie. robbing their suits of the energy they need to function, stealing the air out of the lungs of the human users, playing with the pressure in their bodies or the temperature within the suit, etc) "

Stardust is a being purely composed from energy, that is true. What is also true, is that Stardust, as any herald of Galactus, has complete control over her own body, control, which far surpasses Storm's, and as such we have to think of it as a feat that is questionable in nature, to say the least. Considering that in the same comic Black Panther immobilised Silver Surfer in an armbar."

Just a minor note

-This was not the same comic issue Black Panther arm locked the surfer
-Storm took control over the Trion's own power and turned it against them
-Stardust is not the only elemental being Storm has taken control over, Amelia Voght and Hydroman are examples...
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Matezoide2
@Storm Calling said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Stardust is a being purely composed from energy, that is true. What is also true, is that Stardust, as any herald of Galactus, has complete control over her own body, control, which far surpasses Storm's, and as such we have to think of it as a feat that is questionable in nature, to say the least. Considering that in the same comic Black Panther immobilised Silver Surfer in an armbar."

Just a minor note  -This was not the same comic issue Black Panther arm locked the surfer
yes,it is
if it isnt,they were made by the same author,at the same storyline,at the very next issue
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

iron man wins end of thread 

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

Which I have seen numerous times, and means nothing. I'm talking about reaction timing. Not to mention, that her replying "certainly professor Xavier" after the information given by Xavier, hardly makes it "less than a conscious thought". The scan contradicts itself There are scans that would serve your case better. But I won't make it for you. "
It means that her powers work subconsciously. Her powers are never off and are alway active. This is proven with how they respond to her emotions and create unwilling storms before she could think to stop them. Her powers have always been described as activating in the blink of an eye. That is explained by her powers already actively running before she consciously thinks to use them. Nothing is contradicted in the scan.

Xavier asks Storm to create a hurricane and her powers already go to work before she thinks to to summon the storm...
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:
"It means that her powers work subconsciously. Her powers are never off and are alway active. This is proven with how they respond to her emotions and create unwilling storms before she could think to stop them. Her powers have always been described as activating in the blink of an eye. That is explained by her powers already actively running before she consciously thinks to use them. Nothing is contradicted in the scan.  Xavier asks Storm to create a hurricane and her powers already go to work before she thinks to to summon the storm... "
Xavier asks her to create a hirricane. Storm takes the time to respond and then she creates the hurricane. If her response and the creation of the hurricane happened in less than a conscious thought, then OK.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Storm Calling
@Matezoide said:
" @Storm Calling said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Just a minor note  -This was not the same comic issue Black Panther arm locked the surfer
yes,it is if it isnt,they were made by the same author,at the same storyline,at the very next issue "
Which was why I said "this is not the same comic issue" but it was still in the same series. I'm pretty sure he was chewed out about the issue but it had nothing to do with storm...
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Storm Calling said:
"It means that her powers work subconsciously. Her powers are never off and are alway active. This is proven with how they respond to her emotions and create unwilling storms before she could think to stop them. Her powers have always been described as activating in the blink of an eye. That is explained by her powers already actively running before she consciously thinks to use them. Nothing is contradicted in the scan.  Xavier asks Storm to create a hurricane and her powers already go to work before she thinks to to summon the storm... "
Xavier asks her to create a hirricane. Storm takes the time to respond and then she creates the hurricane. If her response and the creation of the hurricane happened in less than a conscious thought, then OK. "
These are freeze frames. it's not animated. You can't just say she responded before or after she created the storm...
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Just a minor note  -This was not the same comic issue Black Panther arm locked the surfer -Storm took control over the Trion's own power and turned it against them -Stardust is not the only elemental being Storm has taken control over, Amelia Voght and Hydroman are examples... "
It is the same storyline, written by McDuffie. 

Stardust is not an elemental. Amelia Voght can turn herself into mist - different thing. Same with Hydroman (water), a combatant well known for the incompetence with which he uses his powers. None of these two are energy composed. I repeat the question. If Storm can control forcefields generated by opponents,, why hasn't she performed the feat against Magneto, a being who uses equally efficient fields, as Iron Man does? If she has, please inform me. And then, you could also inform me how fast her reaction timing is. Anything below 15 times faster than a normal human, won't do, I'm afraid.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:
Xavier asks her to create a hirricane. Storm takes the time to respond and then she creates the hurricane. If her response and the creation of the hurricane happened in less than a conscious thought, then OK. "
These are freeze frames. it's not animated. You can't just say she responded before or after she created the storm... "

Frame 1. Xavier gives the order. Frame 2. Storm responds. Frame 3, we see the hurricane happening. And yes, I can. If the hurricane happened before the response, why not show her responding a panel afterwards, or show her creating the hurricane in the same panel in which she responds?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:
These are freeze frames. it's not animated. You can't just say she responded before or after she created the storm... "

Frame 2. Storm responds.

"
And it's showing in the picture with her hands already up with winds blowing from them. 

Again, you can't go off the freeze frame because she has already created the hurricane while they had her responding...

Again No contradictions.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

Frame 2. Storm responds.

"
And it's showing in the picture with her hands already up with winds blowing from them.   Again, you can't go off the freeze frame because she has already created the hurricane while they had her responding... "
Responding, while the winds form in from of her, before becoming the full hurricane we see in the next panel is still not less than a conscious thought. Nut it is obvious that we interpret the scan differently, though.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Just a minor note  -This was not the same comic issue Black Panther arm locked the surfer -Storm took control over the Trion's own power and turned it against them -Stardust is not the only elemental being Storm has taken control over, Amelia Voght and Hydroman are examples... "

Stardust is not an elemental. Amelia Voght can turn herself into mist - different thing. Same with Hydroman (water), a combatant well known for the incompetence with which he uses his powers. None of these two are energy composed. I repeat the question. If Storm can control forcefields generated by opponents,, why hasn't she performed the feat against Magneto, a being who uses equally efficient fields, as Iron Man does? If she has, please inform me. And then, you could also inform me how fast her reaction timing is. Anything below 15 times faster than a normal human, won't do, I'm afraid. "
Both beings can turn their entire bodies into elemental forms that they have complete control over. The same for stardust...

Magneto's shields have never really held up to any of Storm's attacks. Her tornado infact strained his magnetic powers and her blizzard could completely kill him before he could amp his powers...

Ironman's shields aren't blocking Storm from controlling the weather unless proven otherwise. Storm could directly drain the energy from his powersuit and remove the oxygen from his lungs.

While your at it, I'd love to see some reaction time feats from both ironman and war machine since you so kindly ask me for Storms...
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

Frame 2. Storm responds.

"
And it's showing in the picture with her hands already up with winds blowing from them.   Again, you can't go off the freeze frame because she has already created the hurricane while they had her responding... "
Responding, while the winds form in from of her, before becoming the full hurricane we see in the next panel is still not less than a conscious thought. Nut it is obvious that we interpret the scan differently, though. "
Wrong again. There was no indication that suggest she hadn't fully summoned the hurricane while her hands were up. Your only assuming it wasn't. Remember, we're only going by frame by frame. What the commentary describes however is that Storm summoned the hurricane before she made a conscious thought.

Again. No contradictions.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FLCL1
@Storm Calling:
im srry to break it to u but this is a curbstomp : /
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Storm Calling
@FLCL1 said:
" @Storm Calling: im srry to break it to u but this is a curbstomp : / "
never said she could beat em...
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Son Of Storm
@DC_Marvel_1000 said: 
was this necessary? even though its true?
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By FLCL1
@Storm Calling said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Storm Calling: im srry to break it to u but this is a curbstomp : / "
never said she could beat em... "

oops srrry wrong person XP
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

Frame 2. Storm responds.

"
Responding, while the winds form in from of her, before becoming the full hurricane we see in the next panel is still not less than a conscious thought. Nut it is obvious that we interpret the scan differently, though. "
Wrong again. There was no indication that suggest she hadn't fully summoned the hurricane while her hands were up. Your only assuming it wasn't. Remember, we're only going by frame by frame. What the commentary describes however is that Storm summoned the hurricane before she made a conscious thought.  Again. No contradictions. "
And there is no indication she had, either. That doesn't make it "wrong again". Just the opposite from what you think is right.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Stardust is not an elemental. Amelia Voght can turn herself into mist - different thing. Same with Hydroman (water), a combatant well known for the incompetence with which he uses his powers. None of these two are energy composed. I repeat the question. If Storm can control forcefields generated by opponents,, why hasn't she performed the feat against Magneto, a being who uses equally efficient fields, as Iron Man does? If she has, please inform me. And then, you could also inform me how fast her reaction timing is. Anything below 15 times faster than a normal human, won't do, I'm afraid. "
Both beings can turn their entire bodies into elemental forms that they have complete control over. The same for stardust...  Magneto's shields have never really held up to any of Storm's attacks. Her tornado infact strained his magnetic powers and her blizzard could completely kill him before he could amp his powers...  Ironman's shields aren't blocking Storm from controlling the weather unless proven otherwise. Storm could directly drain the energy from his powersuit and remove the oxygen from his lungs.  While your at it, I'd love to see some reaction time feats from both ironman and war machine since you so kindly ask me for Storms... "
 Stardust is an energy composed being. The other two are not. I find it quite simple.

Yes, like the time were she tried to use intense cold against him, and it actually strengthened him. Storm has 0 victories against Magneto, and Magneto's forcefield has withstood a nuclear bomb, like Iron Man's. Hence why I draw the comparison.

I never said Iron Man's shield will prevent her from controlling the weather. Storm won't be controlling, nor draining anything within the shield, because she will be KOed. 

I asked, and what I got is a deflection. But anyway.

No Caption Provided

The following isn't reaction timing feat, but I mentioned it, and I wanted to show I wasn't exaggerating, anyway.

No Caption Provided

Has a few picoseconds to spare while using his technopathy.

No Caption Provided

The opponent in the last scan is enhanced with the Extremis virus as well. His speed allowed him to defeat Iron Man in their first fight. In the second, he couldn't even see him. 

No Caption Provided
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Aronmorales

The Metal Men win.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Son Of Storm
Ironman and War Machine WIN.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

No Caption Provided
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Morpheus_ said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
Virtually what? keep it going?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Son Of Storm said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"
No Caption Provided
"
Virtually what? keep it going? "

I posted that part, because that is what I was specifically asked for. To prove he reacts faster than her. The rest are inconsequential to the case. If need be, I'll post them, or I can just PM it to you, if you want the info.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Morpheus_ said:

O ok

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Stormcell
@Morpheus_ said:
"@Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Stardust is a being purely composed from energy, that is true. What is also true, is that Stardust, as any herald of Galactus, has complete control over her own body, control, which far surpasses Storm's, and as such we have to think of it as a feat that is questionable in nature, to say the least. Considering that in the same comic Black Panther immobilised Silver Surfer in an armbar.

The force field is part of the repulsor ray technology, which empowers the Iron Man suit, in the first place. But it is true, Iron Man has employed forcefields of different nature, and is still capable of doing so, if necessary. Fields which would include magnetic fields, as well. Fields, of similar nature to those of Magneto – whose field I don’t recall Storm coming remotely close at “controlling”. But, let us assume, even though none of the two of us can actually really disprove/prove (to) the other, that Storm could indeed do so. Now, even if Storm indeed possessed the amount of control, and precision, as well as the actual ability to attempt and completely disperse it, what will  Iron Man be doing in the mean time? Sit still? No. Trying to do the task you named, while you try and dodge someone coming towards you at Mach 9 to take your head off, or use an energy beam and take you down, is hardly easy. I won't even mention that here she is facing two people of the same nature, and abilities. And no, Storm does not have the reflexes to dodge - despite her great power she is human, and not even peak human, at that. Normal reaction time/agility, normal durability.

The opening gap is also not great, and Tony's/Rhodey's reaction timing is greater than her's - that's a given. You speak of Storm making things happen instantly, as if Iron Man can't do the same. You called the high frequency attack "not very smart" because Storm controls the air. Storm controls nothing, because before she can even form the thought that she is being under the high frequency attack, and try and defend, the attack will have already have her mind shut down. The Extremis virus enhanced Tony to superhuman levels in speed/durability and reaction timing, to the point he was capable of reacting fast enough to dodge an unrestrained Spider-man (15x times faster than a normal human, including Storm), and compete and actually impress Sentry with his speed (Sentry was still faster, and he said so, but Tony's speed was enough to take on him, anyway). Tony thinks, and the armour reacts instantly to his thoughts. I have given a full analysis on his enhancements by the virus in several threads, and repetitiveness make me grow weary. Even if Storm's powers did work instantaneously, Iron Man thinks, and reacts, faster. And when your opponent is a normal human, and you have in your hands a suit that enhances your already superhuman reflexes, and you also possess the means (automatic targeting system, 100 tons strength) to level your opponent with just one blast/punch, that counts for a lot.

I won't comment on the rest, because that is just your opinion on the matter, which will not change, no matter what happens. Your mind is made up, and I am honestly tired even by thinking how this possible debate will turn out. The memory of the Iron Man vs Storm thread has not yet faded away.

"

First off, there is more than enough canon for STorm to be able to do what she did to Stardust. The woman's powers has been compared to that of the Phoenix. Are you even aware that Jean was given the Phoenix so she could be on Storm's level. That said, Storm has wielded the power of millions of stars and wielded sufficient energy to defeat the Trion, a trio of entities that were the sum of an entire dimension. There is really canon out there to support Storm being as powerful as she needs to be for a writer to have her defeat anyone.  

That said,  Storm was able to dodge Cyclops' optic blasts (whoch travel at light speed) when he blasted at her in machine-gun fire fashion. There is canon that states Ororo can detect the electrical impulses in her advasary's nervous system and act fast enough to do something about it. Those suits run on electrical impulses, therefore, it would certainly apply to technology. As the same issue stated that she learned that she can apply this to technology as well.

Iron Man's suit reacts instantly to his thoughts, the elements react instantly to Storm's whims on a less than conscious level of thinking. She trumps.

cracks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By cracks
@Stormcell: I agree. 
Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Stormcell
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

Frame 1. Xavier gives the order. Frame 2. Storm responds. Frame 3, we see the hurricane happening. And yes, I can. If the hurricane happened before the response, why not show her responding a panel afterwards, or show her creating the hurricane in the same panel in which she responds?

"

Okay, so Storm chose to respond to Xavier before carrying out the deed. You have proven nothing. 

That said, Stardust doesn't have to be created of an elemental force for Storm to control him/her. Storm can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend them to her will. The lady control electrical and magnetic fields and forces which gives her control over the electron. Electrons are subatomic particles and Stardust has his share of electrons in his composition. Storm snatched those away and sent them back at him/her to destroy him/her. Storm has also been able to create clothing out of thin air via electron manipulation.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

Frame 2. Storm responds.

"
Wrong again. There was no indication that suggest she hadn't fully summoned the hurricane while her hands were up. Your only assuming it wasn't. Remember, we're only going by frame by frame. What the commentary describes however is that Storm summoned the hurricane before she made a conscious thought.  Again. No contradictions. "
And there is no indication she had, either. That doesn't make it "wrong again". Just the opposite from what you think is right. "
Yes there is indication, in the dialog when it specifically stated that the feat happened in less than a conscious thought. The scan never contradicts that she summoned it before she responded to Xavier and it never stated or displayed her doing so prior to that.  Therefor I have sufficient reason to believe that she accomplished the feat in less than a conscious thought while you go off of something that was never implied... 

Remember your excuse for dismissing the scan was because you believed she created the hurricane after she responded and that it contradicts the dialog. I have proven otherwise...

@Morpheus_

said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

Both beings can turn their entire bodies into elemental forms that they have complete control over. The same for stardust...  Magneto's shields have never really held up to any of Storm's attacks. Her tornado infact strained his magnetic powers and her blizzard could completely kill him before he could amp his powers...  Ironman's shields aren't blocking Storm from controlling the weather unless proven otherwise. Storm could directly drain the energy from his powersuit and remove the oxygen from his lungs.  While your at it, I'd love to see some reaction time feats from both ironman and war machine since you so kindly ask me for Storms... "
 Stardust is an energy composed being. The other two are not. I find it quite simple.

Yes, like the time were she tried to use intense cold against him, and it actually strengthened him. Storm has 0 victories against Magneto, and Magneto's forcefield has withstood a nuclear bomb, like Iron Man's. Hence why I draw the comparison.

I never said Iron Man's shield will prevent her from controlling the weather. Storm won't be controlling, nor draining anything within the shield, because she will be KOed. 

I asked, and what I got is a deflection. But anyway.

1. Stardust is a being composed of an element Storm can manipulate, so are the two I mentioned. Storm would have to will her control over the energy being the same way she did with the other two i mentioned. Storm has better willpower then silver surfer apparently and that gives more evidence that her control could overpower a herald.

2. My point was that magneto's shields were never a problem for Storm every time they battled.  The first battle Storm strained his entire powers with a tornado and the other she held back.

The cold feat you pointed out was indeed what I described

The blizzard Storm created on Magneto would of killed him before he could amp his powers for an attack. Instead she held back and allowed Magneto to finish her off, as Magneto so clearly stated in the fifth panel.

Nice scans btw. But this in no way proves that he's 15 times faster then a normal human's reaction...
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

Frame 2. Storm responds.

"
And there is no indication she had, either. That doesn't make it "wrong again". Just the opposite from what you think is right. "
   The blizzard Storm created on Magneto would of killed him before he could amp his powers for an attack. Instead she held back and allowed Magneto to finish her off, as Magneto so clearly stated in the fifth panel.  Nice scans btw. But this in no way proves that he's 15 times faster then a normal human's reaction... "

When you outmanoeuvre one of the best bullet timers in the MU (when he doesn't hold back because he wants to take you down - the whole point of the Secret Avengers attack), then you must have reflexes at least at a comparable level.
When you have picoseconds to spare, it means your thought process is fast enough to perceive them flowing, individually.
When you outmanoeuvre yet another opponent with superhuman reflexes, that was more than capable of keeping up than you the first time, and after the Extremis enhancement he can't even see you, then you don’t need anything more. Storm is human. He's not. I've proven his reaction timing is a lot better than her's. It's simple enough. The proof is there. You can keep pretending  proved nothing, if that makes you feel better, though.

@Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"@Stormcell said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"

First off, there is more than enough canon for STorm to be able to do what she did to Stardust. The woman's powers has been compared to that of the Phoenix. Are you even aware that Jean was given the Phoenix so she could be on Storm's level. That said, Storm has wielded the power of millions of stars and wielded sufficient energy to defeat the Trion, a trio of entities that were the sum of an entire dimension. There is really canon out there to support Storm being as powerful as she needs to be for a writer to have her defeat anyone.  

That said,  Storm was able to dodge Cyclops' optic blasts (whoch travel at light speed) when he blasted at her in machine-gun fire fashion. There is canon that states Ororo can detect the electrical impulses in her advasary's nervous system and act fast enough to do something about it. Those suits run on electrical impulses, therefore, it would certainly apply to technology. As the same issue stated that she learned that she can apply this to technology as well.

Iron Man's suit reacts instantly to his thoughts, the elements react instantly to Storm's whims on a less than conscious level of thinking. She trumps.

"

The flaws in this post our beyond measure. I half - stopped reading when you mentioned her powers are comparable to the Phoenix. You asked how the Iron Man vs Storm thread went on for 150 pages. You just gave the answer yourself.
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Storm Calling
@Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

The blizzard Storm created on Magneto would of killed him before he could amp his powers for an attack. Instead she held back and allowed Magneto to finish her off, as Magneto so clearly stated in the fifth panel.  Nice scans btw. But this in no way proves that he's 15 times faster then a normal human's reaction... "

When you outmanoeuvre one of the best bullet timers in the MU (when he doesn't hold back because he wants to take you down - the whole point of the Secret Avengers attack), then you must have reflexes at least at a comparable level.
When you have picoseconds to spare, it means your thought process is fast enough to perceive them flowing, individually.
When you outmanoeuvre yet another opponent with superhuman reflexes, that was more than capable of keeping up than you the first time, and after the Extremis enhancement he can't even see you, then you don’t need anything more. Storm is human. He's not. I've proven his reaction timing is a lot better than her's. It's simple enough. The proof is there. You can keep pretending  proved nothing, if that makes you feel better, though.

He outmaneuver them but that in no way puts him in their class of speed. Storm has feats of outmaneuvering mutants with super human reflexes and super speed, Doesn't mean she's at their level of speed. 

You have proven that he can think in pico seconds. But you have not proven that he can attack in that speed. His technology runs off of his bodily reflexes, his canon's have to charge and he has to make certain movements in order for alot of his armor guns to aim and activate. Therefor he is still limited to physical limitations of speed. Storm's power works in the blink of an eye and before she can make a conscious thought, there is absolutely no bodily movement required for any of her abilities. We don't know how fast that is but we know it's before she can perform a conscious thought and that is at least superhuman in theory...
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Storm Calling said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Storm Calling said:

You have proven that he can think in pico seconds. "

The armour responds to his thoughts. Here he fights Storm. Iron Man thinks  about using the high frequency attack in picoseconds, faster than she shapes her own thought. The armour complies to his thought (scan 4, "I'm running this suit  by thought). The attack is unleashed. Storm is out. That was all I needed to prove. Storm doesn't lose because she doesn't have the fire power to take Iron Man down. She loses because she isn't fast and durable enough to last in a battle with him, even if he actually took another course of action than the one I named. Iron Man actually wins this fight literally without lifting a finger.

None of the people in the scans are remotely close to Spider-man's level of agility, by the way. Let alone Sentry's, with whom Iron Man had a full scale battle.
StormAmazonPhien(d)x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm owns the both of them.
Doorknobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Doorknobs
@StormAmazonPhien(d)x said:
" Storm owns the both of them. "
Are you just stupid or brain dead, contrary to you belief Storm can't beat everyone, and these two are a long list of people she can't beat.
StormAmazonPhien(d)x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Doorknobs said:
" @StormAmazonPhien(d)x said:
Are you just stupid or brain dead, contrary to you belief Storm can't beat everyone, and these two are a long list of people she can't beat. "

You're wrong... and weird.
Doorknobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Doorknobs
" @Doorknobs said:
" @StormAmazonPhien(d)x said:
Are you just stupid or brain dead, contrary to you belief Storm can't beat everyone, and these two are a long list of people she can't beat. "
You're wrong... and weird. "
No, I'm logical, Storm stands no chance here. Its been debated that she can't beat Ironman, adding War Machine makes its a slaughter 
StormAmazonPhien(d)x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exactly its been debated. Nowhere has it been set in stone that she can't take down Ironman. I say she can and will. I also say that putting her against two opponents just gives her a reason to get down, dirty, and out right curbstomp the lot of the MU. Simply put, Storm owns all.
Doorknobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Doorknobs
" Exactly its been debated. Nowhere has it been set in stone that she can't take down Ironman. I say she can and will. I also say that putting her against two opponents just gives her a reason to get down, dirty, and out right curbstomp the lot of the MU. Simply put, Storm owns all. "  
Okay, since Storm owns all, tell me how she would do it, because from the last few posts I've read of you on this site involving Storm you simply put "Storm wins" but you never explain how, so, tell me, how does she win this one. I'm eager for your response.
Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Stormcell
@Morpheus_ said:

"

The flaws in this post our beyond measure. I half - stopped reading when you mentioned her powers are comparable to the Phoenix. You asked how the Iron Man vs Storm thread went on for 150 pages. You just gave the answer yourself. "

Basically, you're saying that you can't deal with the facts that I posted so you're just going to ignore it and go on with the debate. LOL! 

it was 1979 from Rampage Magazine(UK)

The interviewer (someone called Richard Burton, I'll abbreviate it to RB) is asking Chris various questions, working through the characters...

"RB: Storm next...

Chris Claremont: Storm is basically what she is...a goddess, a three-dimensional goddess, if such a thing is possible.

RB: When the new X-Men first appeared Storm was probably the most powerful and dramatic member. Do you feel now that she's been slightly upstaged by Phoenix?

Chris Claremont: No. In equal terms of raw power, they're approximately equal. 

Jean can maintain a higher burst...she can peak higher than Storm but she can't hold it for long. The thing with Storm is that all we've done till now is show her throwing lightning bolts and creating hurricanes, but she can do far more. Phoenix is more visual - the 'bird effect' is more spectacular. So the gist of it is that they complement each other. They do different things in different ways."

Okay, there is the interview. Now, here is Uncanny 145-147: (The cover of 147 stated "We did it once, dare we do it again," in allusion to the Dark Phoenix Saga.)

As stated in that interview, Storm's powers are equal to Phoenix. However, at that time, Phoenix's powers were tempered by Jean's humanity. Same holds true for Ororo. Her powers are tempered by her humanity. In the case of Phoenix, when Jean's humanity was removed, nothing was there to restrain the power and DP was born. It had near-infinite power, but kept growing and reaching for ultimate power. However, it was stopped before that. DP stated that she had limits still and did not like this. This was before she consumed the star. However, the Watcher let us know  that DP could have attained ultimate power and been second only to the Creator had she kept going and not been stopped.

In the case of Storm, when her humanity was stripped, she also had near-infinite power and was reaching for ultimate power. It was in her grasp. However, she brought herself under control rather than continuining down that mad god road of the DP. Both had the potential to grasp ultimate power in their reach.  Storm simply refused it while Phoenix was stopped before she reached it.

If Storm were to let go of her blocks and delve into her powers and kept reaching for the higher power levels, she would reach ultimate and unlimited power.

We know in Uncanny 165-166 that Storm can perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces and bend it to its will. This includes stars, planets, empty space, etc.

Right now, Storm has the power of a goddess, but she is limited to her flesh and blood body. However, as stated in X-Treme issue 5, she will one day transcend humanity and evolve into a true goddess. 

http://img72.imageshack.us/i/omegapotentail6vg.jpg/ 
http://img97.imageshack.us/i/omegapotentail24oe.jpg/ 
http://img72.imageshack.us/i/omegapotentail31og.jpg/ 
http://img97.imageshack.us/i/omegapotentail40fa.jpg/ 
http://img385.imageshack.us/i/omegapotentail51qe.jpg/ 

Somebody also asked me why Storm sometimes struggles to dispel a hurricane.

Here is the answer to that question:

That is because she holds herself back especially when working in a planatary atmosphere. When she went "punk", she let go of some her "blocks" and things that were difficult for her when she was "gentle" became much easier owing to her lack of restraint.
 http://img66.imageshack.us/i/undergroundmosoon6lj.jpg/  
http://img66.imageshack.us/i/undergroundmosoon28eh.jpg/ 

This is why when she was Rougestorm, she had such a difficult time stopping that storm she created. Colossus has brought her back to her moral core and she was working within those boundaries when she was trying to disperse that storm that she created as Rougestomr. She would not allow herself to ride roughshod over it. She forced herself to gently disperse it. She does this for the sake of the ecosystem. (However, sometimes she just speaks directly to the storm and commands it to disperse and it does instantly. lol)

Thor, on the other hand, does not have to be so cautious as his hammer does all the work and he does not. All he has to do is tap his hammer the prerequisite time or just will the hammer to do it and that little dohickey does it all.

Now, I did not say this, but there are stories where Ororo alters weather on a HUGE scale. For instance, even before she joined the X-Men, she dispersed a hemisphere-sized hurricane in "X-Men: The Hidden Years issue 7." She has altered weather on a continental scale more than once and globally as well.

Storm is reluctant to impose her will on natural hurricanes since that is the natural order of things. She could disperse them, of course, but it could trigger an equally devistating disaster.   

Don't make me start posting my scans with the Trion, the galactic core, or the scans where she deflects a planet-destroying blast from the star by manipulating the planet's energy on a global scale to create an elemental shield and then strengthening that shield by reinforcing it with gamma rays that she pulls out of a machine.  

The last "Storm vs. Iron Man" thread obviously went on for 150 pages because you can't accept facts.