This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Hooded Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio

who would win?

Probably a lot of people who already asked this, but seriously!

My personal opinion, Thor. He's a god. And hes got a really big hammer.

#2 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor easily.

#3 Posted by Owen_Porter (83295 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, I kinda think Storm would have a chance. If she used her powers to the fullest extent she could do some damage.

#4 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

His control of the weather trumps hers on a massive level. Then you add in the fact that he could simply teleport her into space or a star or a black hole...

#5 Posted by Owen_Porter (83295 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"His control of the weather trumps hers on a massive level. Then you add in the fact that he could simply teleport her into space or a star or a black hole..."

Lmao. Well that convinced me. (seriously)

#6 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. I tried to convince you in as few words as possible.

#7 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, Thor's Hammer outclasses her. I don't think he would want to really kill her, but she could do some damage with her powers. But then of course, Thor is a God.

#8 Posted by Hooded Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree completely, but one of the things that piss me off are:

If Thor and other superheroes are SOOO much stronger (and extremely cooler than her) then WHY IN THE WORLD IS SHE #4????

#9 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Hooded Ace says:

"I agree completely, but one of the things that piss me off are: If Thor and other superheroes are SOOO much stronger (and extremely cooler than her) then WHY IN THE WORLD IS SHE #4????"

On the site's power rankings? That's a popularity contest.

#10 Posted by Hooded Ace (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Hooded Ace says:
"I agree completely, but one of the things that piss me off are: If Thor and other superheroes are SOOO much stronger (and extremely cooler than her) then WHY IN THE WORLD IS SHE #4????"

On the site's power rankings? That's a popularity contest."

yea, i guess so, maybe one day people will realize that the world ain't about popularity...stares at sky with gleaming eyes of hope ...its about hwo has the bigger hammer...

#11 Posted by hell-spawn (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Hooded Ace says:

"Forever says:
"Hooded Ace says:
yea, i guess so, maybe one day people will realize that the world ain't about popularity...*stares at sky with gleaming eyes of hope* ...its about hwo has the bigger hammer..."

Amen to that

#12 Posted by RVL #310 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell_Spawn says:

"Hooded Ace says:
"Forever says:
"Hooded Ace says:
yea, i guess so, maybe one day people will realize that the world ain't about popularity...*stares at sky with gleaming eyes of hope* ...its about hwo has the bigger hammer..."

Amen to that"

i thought she was a omega level mutant?

#13 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

RVL says:

"Hell_Spawn says:
"Hooded Ace says:
"Forever says:
"Hooded Ace says:
"I agree completely, but one of the things that piss me offare: If Thor and other superheroes are SOOO much stronger (andextremely cooler than her) then WHY IN THE WORLD IS SHE #4????"
yea,i guess so, maybe one day people will realize that the world ain'tabout popularity...*stares at sky with gleaming eyes of hope* ...itsabout hwo has the bigger hammer..."

Amen to that"

"

i've never seen her called that but it still wouldnt matter. thor would still win.

#14 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

RVL says:

"

Not to my knowledge. I don't think Storm can do any damage to Thor, and Thor has that pesky hammer that beats people up for him.

#15 Posted by Daelac (7 posts) - - Show Bio

With ALL her powers considered, I think she would be a force to be reckoned with. In one issue she controlled the energy force of galaxy systems of stars and planets. Of course in the end this killed her, but there aren't many mutants or powerful beings in the Marvel Universe that have the capability of controlling power on a cosmic level of that magnitude. I don't think Thor has the power to do that. Plus she defeated Thor's clone in the Civil War comic, so I don't think she's completely out matched. It would be a pretty good fight.

#16 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

thor easily

#17 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Daelac says:

"With ALL her powers considered, I think she would be a force to bereckoned with. In one issue she controlled the energy force of galaxysystems of stars and planets. Of course in the end this killed her, butthere aren't many mutants or powerful beings in the Marvel Universethat have the capability of controlling power on a cosmic level of thatmagnitude. I don't think Thor has the power to do that. Plus shedefeated Thor's clone in the Civil War comic, so I don't think she'scompletely out matched. It would be a pretty good fight."

i wonder how that would help her after she takes a godblast to the chest or is teleported into deep space... i love storm but she cant beat thor, even with ALL her powers.

#18 Posted by SYMBIOTE9200 (440 posts) - - Show Bio

thor because thor is a god

#19 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Thor easily."
#20 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Forever says:
"Thor easily."
"

?

#21 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm... made sense to me spidey.

#22 Posted by The Mighty Thor (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"hmmm... made sense to me spidey."

i'm confuse oh wait did i just say the same thing he said o my bad forever

#23 Posted by Daelac (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Just cause he's a god? REALLY?....Wow that's the best reason I've heard in this entire post!

#24 Posted by Agent Paradox 9 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been done. Storm 'battled' Thor in Contest of Champions II.

Thor kissed her and then she lost. That's all I can recall.

#25 Posted by Daelac (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, I forgot that issue LOL He literally 'took her breath away' with a kiss. Real classy ending I gotta say, even though she lost, and not in the way you would expect either.

#26 Posted by RedFlame (5 posts) - - Show Bio

For sure Thor...

#27 Posted by Tahdigga (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Take Thor's hammer away and he's just another strong guy. He has no real control of the elements, it's the hammer. Storm held his hammer before and she became a goddess.

IMO, Storm has more experience with the elements that she was born with. I always felt Thor was so unoriginal. His character is taken from mythology. So that says alot about him and his limitations I wonder what would happen if they both held the hammer at the same time.

He not unbeatable. Now that Storm is married, her husband can implement his Panther tactics and depower him, like he did the Silver Surfer.

#28 Posted by Pink Awesome (123 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as Storm has control over the elements, Id have to say this one goes to Thor. He's been around alot longer than Storm and has had a longer control over the weather, and from what Ive seen more raw energy at his command. Not to mention he is also more physically resistant to attacks than Storm. Yeah, I'd give this one to Thor.

#29 Posted by warlock360 (26901 posts) - - Show Bio

Forever says:

"Thor easily."
#30 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Tahdigga says:

"Take Thor's hammer away and he's just another strong guy. He has no real control of the elements, it's the hammer. Storm held his hammer before and she became a goddess. IMO, Storm has more experience with the elements that she was born with. I always felt Thor was so unoriginal. His character is taken from mythology. So that says alot about him and his limitations I wonder what would happen if they both held the hammer at the same time. He not unbeatable. Now that Storm is married, her husband can implement his Panther tactics and depower him, like he did the Silver Surfer. "

that must have been some alternate earth. in the regular marvel earth, storm couldnt hold the hammer. she isnt worthy. and panther cant depower thor. you can depower a herald using the power cosmic, but you cant depower the magical enchantments on thor's hammer. unoriginal or not, thor would beat storm without even paying much attention to her. and i love storm waaaaaayyyy more than i do thor.

#31 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Tahdigga says:
"Take Thor's hammer away and he's just another strong guy. He has no real control of the elements, it's the hammer. Storm held his hammer before and she became a goddess. IMO, Storm has more experience with the elements that she was born with. I always felt Thor was so unoriginal. His character is taken from mythology. So that says alot about him and his limitations I wonder what would happen if they both held the hammer at the same time. He not unbeatable. Now that Storm is married, her husband can implement his Panther tactics and depower him, like he did the Silver Surfer. "
that must have been some alternate earth. in the regular marvel earth, storm couldnt hold the hammer. she isnt worthy. and panther cant depower thor. you can depower a herald using the power cosmic, but you cant depower the magical enchantments on thor's hammer. unoriginal or not, thor would beat storm without even paying much attention to her. and i love storm waaaaaayyyy more than i do thor."
Actually, Storm has held Mjolnir. In fact, she could have become an actual Goddess, but she rejected Lok's offer.
#32 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor lol sorta a waste of a thread cause Thor can do everything she can but more then better.

#33 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Tahdigga says:

that must have been some alternate earth. in the regular marvel earth, storm couldnt hold the hammer. she isnt worthy. and panther cant depower thor. you can depower a herald using the power cosmic, but you cant depower the magical enchantments on thor's hammer. unoriginal or not, thor would beat storm without even paying much attention to her. and i love storm waaaaaayyyy more than i do thor."

You can't really use comsic to depower magic because its enchantments lol. So he'd still have it as for thor isn't it basically his natural abilities he has?

#34 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

For me, a lot of this has to do with one question, are we considering them now? Or at their fullest potential?

#35 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

White Mage says:

"For me, a lot of this has to do with one question, are we considering them now? Or at their fullest potential?"

i dont think there was ever a thor weak enough to lose to any storm

#36 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

White Mage says:

"Apparition says:
"Tahdigga says:
Actually, Storm has held Mjolnir. In fact, she could have become an actual Goddess, but she rejected Lok's offer. "

what comic was that in? i only remember her holding it in an alternate universe.

#37 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Alternate? I'll be looking a bit more into it then. But there were two cannonical comics where she lifted it. I believe it was New Mutants Special edition #1 and Uncanny X-Men Annual #9. It's also mentioned in MUA, but I'm not sure if ya'll take that as a reference. I also thought MUA's trivia asked cannonical questions? Oh great, now I'm a little confused! LOL By the way, my question hasn't been answered yet, full potential, or as they currently are?

#38 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"White Mage says:
"For me, a lot of this has to do with one question, are we considering them now? Or at their fullest potential?"
i dont think there was ever a thor weak enough to lose to any storm"
I really need an answer to this. The answer to this question is what decides where my vote goes.
#39 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

usually we take it at full potential unless otherwise stated.

#40 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for telling me. Well, in that case, I am totally convinced that she stands a chance against him, just like I'm convinced that he stands a chance against her. Not even being biased (I TOTALLY adore Storm) but with what I've seen from both characters, I think it's pretty equal.

#41 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

We take the characters as they are but without the restrictions of plot.

And the word is CANON.

#42 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lol thanks buckshot. but either way it wouldnt matter. at full potential thor has the odin force and as they are for thor to lose to storm, he would have to be trying his hardest to let her win, and even then he might not lose.

#43 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

With, or without Mjolnir, Thor has quite a fight on his hands

#44 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm universal powers. I'm not saying Thor would lose, but I'm not going to say he would win either.

#45 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

so with storm's universal powers she can keep herself from being hit by a hammer that he can make fly at three times the speed of light? she can keep from being teleported into the sun or into space? she can keep his godblast from hitting and killing her (since if was powerful enough to crack a celestial's armor)? any weather based power she uses against him he can alter or just let it hit him because the weather doesnt affect him. i just dont see how she could win at all.

#46 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

At full potential, she IS the weather.

#47 Posted by Buckshot (18871 posts) - - Show Bio

You sound like someone I saw on another website that was very annoying. Always talking about "full potential" Storm and how Storm can beat pretty much everyone. Got old fast.

#48 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

so at her full potential, she's something he controls. how's that good for her?

#49 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"You sound like someone I saw on another website that was very annoying. Always talking about "full potential" Storm and how Storm can beat pretty much everyone. Got old fast."
I'm sorry, could you please point out where I said I thought she could beat anyone? And while you're at it, the part where I said she would definitely win? Would you mind looking at my previous posts before you comment?
#50 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"so at her full potential, she's something he controls. how's that good for her?"
Who said he'd be able to control her?